The most unpleasant of all pests to live with, ticks and fleas manage to cause more than a mere annoyance – they make you sick, and this is why you should keep them out! If you are wondering “how to get rid of ticks and fleas at home”, or how to treat ticks and fleas at home, then look no further: we show you everything you need to know about controlling fleas and ticks in your home. Here I’ve collected some natural remedies for ticks and fleas that are safe to use at home. The first few remedies are specifically for killing ticks while the latter is great at getting rid of fleas and their eggs.
Home Remedies For Ticks And Fleas
Use Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 cup of apple cider vinegar (use plain, not the kind that’s been fermented and has a ‘mother’ in it)
- A spray bottle
- Water (about 1/4 cup)
How to make it: Mix the ingredients in your spray bottle. If you’ve got a large dog or cat, mix up more than one batch so you have enough for them all. Be careful when applying this solution near the eyes; some people have reported burning their pets’ eyes when applying this mixture directly to their faces.
Garlic Rabbit Treats
Garlic is a commonly used home remedy for fleas, ticks, mosquitoes, and other pests. However, it can be toxic to your rabbit if consumed in large amounts. Garlic is an herb that comes from the onion family and contains sulfuric compounds that help prevent parasites from living on rabbits’ skin.
However, since rabbits are herbivores and their digestive systems are sensitive to many foods, they should not consume garlic or onions as they may cause sickness or death if eaten in large amounts. The same goes for chocolate (which also contains caffeine), alcohol, grapes/raisins/sultana/sugar beet pulp as well as chives (which contain toxic levels of thiosulphate).
Rubbing alcohol is also known as isopropyl alcohol or IPA. This product can be found in most pharmacies and grocery stores. It has a wide range of uses, such as removing ink stains or cleaning electronics.
If you’re looking for a chemical-free way to kill ticks and fleas on your pet, rubbing alcohol may be the solution for you! First, make sure that the area where you plan to apply it isn’t sensitive: if it’s sore or irritated already (a result of flea bites), don’t use this method until those symptoms go away. Then follow these steps:
- Apply a light layer of rubbing alcohol onto your hands first; then rub them together so that they’re warm and dampened with liquid from the bottle
- Next, take off any excess liquid from around their neckline (or wherever else on their body there are places where ticks might be hiding). You’ll want enough left over so that when applied directly onto them afterward it won’t drip off immediately but rather stay put long enough until all areas have been covered sufficiently enough before needing another application again later down the road when needed again within one hour after the initial application has occurred already which would mean two separate applications total minimum amount being used here today instead just once at home tonight during dinner time once initial application started earlier today afternoon just before lunchtime when leaving work late last night didn’t seem like such a bad idea since starting earlier yesterday morning seemed okay too but now looking back…
Spray Your Pet
You can also spray your pet with a mixture of 1 part lemon juice and 1 part vodka. This is an effective remedy against ticks and fleas, as well as other pests who may be interested in making pets their home. Simply fill a spray bottle with the solution and apply it to your pet’s fur every three days or so during tick season (which lasts from spring through early fall).
Keep Your Grass Cut
One of the most effective ways to keep ticks and fleas off your lawn is to keep it short. Ticks and fleas don’t like tall grass because it’s hard for them to move around in. They like tall grass because they can hide there. So by cutting your lawn short, you’re making it difficult for them to survive on your property.
- A pesticide will kill ticks and fleas on contact, but it’s important to carefully follow the directions. Don’t use more than the recommended amount of pest control, and don’t treat areas where animals live or sleep. In addition to being toxic to ticks and fleas (and cats), pesticides are harmful if they get into your eyes.
- If you do decide to use a pesticide as the last resort, wait at least 24 hours after applying it before allowing pets back into the treated area so that they don’t lick or chew on themselves after being exposed to residual pesticides in their fur.
Use Dawn Dish Soap
If you have a pet and live in an area where fleas are a problem, you know it can be difficult to get rid of them completely. They breed quickly and can infest your home quickly if left untreated.
One way to help prevent a flea infestation is by using Dawn dish soap on your pet after every bath or upon return from outside. This will kill any remaining fleas that may still be clinging to their fur, as well as prevent new ones from attaching themselves again by breaking down the outer shell of their bodies. You mustn’t use regular dish soap because it can irritate your pet’s skin—Dawn is designed specifically for this purpose!
One thing to note: It’s best not to use this method year-round (or at least not every day), because repeated exposure could damage sensitive animal skin over time. Instead, reserve it only when necessary during those times when there seem especially high risks due to certain factors like weather conditions or other seasonal influences such as heavy rainfalls which tend to bring out more pests overall.”
You can use any of these home remedies to keep your furry friends free of ticks and fleas.
You may be wondering how to keep your furry friends free of ticks and fleas. This can be a daunting task, especially if you have multiple pets. Fortunately, there are many home remedies available to help you with this problem.
Home remedies are an alternative to using chemical treatments that are more dangerous for your pets in the long run than they help get rid of ticks or fleas right away. Home remedies can also be cheaper than chemical treatments because they do not require any special equipment like foggers or sprays; they only require you to use essential oils that you probably already have in your home!
The four most popular types of home remedies for ticks and fleas include:
- Baking soda baths – An easy way to get rid of fleas on cats is by giving them a baking soda bath once every month or so! The baking soda acts as an exfoliant by removing dead skin cells so that new ones can grow faster (which prevents bacteria from growing). Baking soda also helps kill off any stray parasites living on Kitty’s belly too! Just sprinkle some into a warm bathtub full of water then scrub him/her down until clean before drying off completely with towels.”
- LONG LASTING CONTROL: PetArmor Home & Carpet Spray kills all stages of fleas and protects against reinfestation for up to 7 months. Kills fleas, dust mites and lice.
- PET ODOR: PetArmor Flea and Tick Home and Carpet Spray freshens and deodorizes carpets, has a clean fresh scent, and is available in a 16 oz. ounce size.
- EFFECTIVE AGAINST PESTS: PetArmor Home Powder kills brown dog ticks, fleas, and flea eggs, flea larvae, and flea pupae.
- PROTECT YOUR HOME: Find fleas or ticks on your pet? They are probably in your home. Fleas lay up to 50 eggs a day. PetArmor Home Carpet Power helps you in the fight against fleas and ticks.
- PETS ARE FAMILY: PetArmor flea and tick home products help you confidently protect your furry family member from fleas and ticks at home without a visit to the vet.
Additional Info :
- KILLS & REPELS. Using natural essential oils, this spray is proven to kill by contact, repel and prevent 98-100% of fleas, ticks and mosquitoes. It eliminates the entire pest life cycle, including eggs, larvae and adults.
- TREAT NATURE WITH NATURE. A safe and effective alternative to collars, pills, chewables, and drops that’s powered by nature. Holistic vet approved. Enjoy worry-free peace of mind knowing your pets and home are protected with our non-harsh formula.
- SAFE FOR DOGS, CATS OF ALL AGES. Gentle enough to use on puppies, kittens, and senior pets as often as needed, yet powerful enough to fully eliminate pests on the skin and fur. Safe to use around the entire family. Kid-safe. Mom owned, Mom approved.
- 3-IN-1 PLANT-BASED SOLUTION. For dogs, cats, and home! A home remedy that kills fleas throughout the house on carpet, furniture, bedding, and flooring. Also a repellent in pet environments like dog kennels or cat condos. Invigorating Cedar and Rosemary scents freshen homes.
- POWERFULLY EFFECTIVE. Powered by nature and proven to work. Give your pet the best advantage in protection against fleas and ticks with our non-harsh formula. Cruelty free, biodegradable, and Made in the U.S.A.
Additional Info :
- kill FLEAS, FLEA EGGS, AND TICKS – The Vet’s Best Flea and Tick Easy Spray for Dogs and Home kills fleas, flea larvae, flea eggs, ticks and mosquitoes by contact.
- PROVEN EFFECTIVE: Vet’s Best Flea and Tick Easy Spray for Dogs and Home is scientifically proven effective against pests but gentle enough to use around the whole family.
- CERTIFIED NATURAL OILS –Vet’s Best Flea and Tick Easy Spray for Dogs and Home is formulated with 100% certified natural essential oils and plant-based ingredients that provide a safe and fast acting formula for flea and tick removal and prevention.
- TOTAL HOME DEFENSE – The Vet’s Best Flea and Tick Easy Spray is a strong but gentle solution to help with fleas and ticks in the home or on your dog.
- GENTLE MIST SPRAYER: Gentle enough to be applied directly on dogs and puppies 12 weeks or older when used as directed.
Additional Info :
- SAFE & EFFECTIVE – The Vet’s Best Flea and Tick Easy Spray for Cats and Home kills fleas, flea larvae, flea eggs, ticks and mosquitoes by contact.
- PROVEN FORMULA: Vet’s Best Flea and Tick Easy Spray for Cats and Home is scientifically proven effective against pests but gentle enough to use around the whole family.
- CERTIFIED NATURAL OILS –Vet’s Best Flea and Tick Easy Spray for Cats and Home is formulated with 100% certified natural essential oils and plant-based ingredients that provide a safe and fast acting formula for flea and tick removal and prevention.
- TOTAL HOME DEFENSE – The Vet’s Best Flea and Tick Easy Spray is a strong but gentle solution to help with fleas and ticks in the home or on your cat.
- GENTLE MIST SPRAYER: Gentle enough to be applied directly on cats and kittens 12 weeks or older when used as directed.
Additional Info :
- GENTLE PROTECTION: Vet’s Best Flea & Tick Home Spray uses certified natural ingredients to kill fleas, flea eggs, and ticks on contact.
- PROVEN EFFECTIVE: Whether facing an active infestation or are applying for routine prevention, our spray is scientifically proven effective against pests but gentle enough to use around the whole family.
- CERTIFIED NATURAL OILS: Each steam-distilled essential oil is selected for its potent pest-fighting properties and is 100% Certified Natural.
- TOTAL HOME DEFENSE: Applies easily on surfaces, indoors and out, including dog bedding, crates, furniture, blankets, upholstery, carpets, outdoor surfaces, and more. Also gentle enough to be applied directly on dogs and puppies 12 weeks or older.
- MADE IN THE USA: Our products are proudly manufactured in the USA with quality domestic and internationally sourced ingredients.
Additional Info :