Usually, when you think about fleas on dogs remedies you would probably think of a flea bath. However, there are a lot more home remedies for treating fleas on dogs without bathing them. You may consider using a shampoo that contains natural bug killers to eliminate or prevent the infestation. You consider you have tried everything to get rid of fleas on dogs but nothing works. That’s when you go online and take a quick look at the dogs flea treatment reviews. You see that some people recommend home remedies for getting rid of fleas on dogs and decide to try them. This is the best choice because these are natural methods which does not involve spending loads of money if you don’t have one. These remedies are secure for pets and humans as well. If a pet owner uses these home remedies alternately with other anti-flea products, it will help to remove fleas from your house effectively.
Home Remedies For Treating Fleas On Dogs
Fleas can spread easily between pets and even to people. Here are some steps you can take to avoid this problem.
If you have a pet, there are steps you can take to avoid fleas:
- Don’t let your dogs sleep in the same room with you. If they’re infested with fleas, they could spread the problem to you and other family members.
- Don’t use flea collars or other chemical treatments on your dog unless prescribed by a veterinarian. These products often contain harmful chemicals that may be dangerous to pets and humans alike.
- Stay away from any areas where there’s an obvious flea infestation until it gets treated properly by professionals—and clean up any messes they make as soon as possible!
Neem Oil: Flea Spray
Neem oil is a natural pesticide that can be used to kill fleas on dogs. It is safe for use on dogs and can repel future flea infestations.
To make a spray, dilute neem oil in water with one part water to one part oil (~20%). Spray the diluted solution onto your dog’s fur, paying particularly close attention to areas of heavy hair growth (underbelly, tail) and around the face.
Garlic And Brewer’s Yeast
Brewer’s yeast is a natural source of thiamine, and it’s easy to find in most grocery stores. Brewer’s yeast does not need to be refrigerated, so you can keep a jar at room temperature and just let it sit out until your dog eats the brewer’s yeast.
Brewer’s yeast is palatable to most dogs, but if your dog doesn’t like the taste or texture of it then try mixing it with some peanut butter or other tasty treat. Garlic has been used as an anti-inflammatory treatment for fleas by many homeopathic veterinarians and holistic healers alike. According to Dr Cohn: “The first thing I have people do is give their pet garlic powder twice daily in the amount they would use when cooking (1/2 teaspoon per 50 pounds). I recommend this supplement during times when fleas are present until we can get things under control.”
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)
Vitamin B1 (thiamine) is a natural flea repellent. You can buy it at pet stores, and many people have found that it works well if you put it on your dog’s food every day. This method works best if you add a little bit of thiamine to your dog’s food every day for several weeks, as the benefits build up over time.
Clove Oil Rub
Clove oil is a natural flea repellent that can be used to repel fleas on dogs. It’s best applied directly to the fur of your dog and will keep them from biting you. If you opt for this remedy, make sure that when you apply it, you use gloves and avoid getting any near your dog’s eyes or nose—it can cause irritation there.
Apple Cider Vinegar Bath
The next time you bathe your dog, add a cup of apple cider vinegar to the water. The vinegar will help kill fleas and their eggs as well as soothe skin irritation caused by bites. Make sure you use white vinegar or apple cider vinegar, not other types like red wine or balsamic varieties. For best results, use this treatment on a weekly basis until all traces of flea infestation are gone.
When it comes time to rinse off your pup after his bath, make sure you do so thoroughly! If any fleas remain on his coat after washing him down with the ACV mix, he may get reinfested when he goes outside again later in the day.
Salt Water Dip
Salt Water Dip
- Place two cups of salt in a gallon of warm water. Use a sponge to apply the mixture directly to your dog’s coat.
- Soak for three minutes and rinse with clean water, using a flea comb to remove any dead fleas as you go along.
It’s easier to treat fleas than it is to prevent them, so the best thing is to take steps early on to avoid the problem.
Fleas are a common problem for dogs and can be difficult to get rid of. If you’ve noticed your pet scratching, biting and itching, or if you’ve seen flea dirt on their skin or fur, it could be a sign that there’s a flea infestation in your home. The sooner you take action against the pests, the easier it will be to treat them and prevent future problems from occurring.
There are several different ways to remove fleas from your dog’s body, but before using any remedies or treatments on him make sure that he has been properly groomed first (this includes washing his coat with soap) so that there aren’t any eggs left behind; otherwise they’ll just hatch again once he gets wet!
- One (1) 30-Count Box – Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets Probiotics Dog Supplement, Fortiflora Canine Nutritional Supplement
- Probiotic recommended by veterinarians (Kynetec, Probiotic Recommendation Study, March 2019)
- A Probiotic supplement for the dietary management of puppies and adult dogs with diarrhea
- Contains a probiotic to promote normal intestinal microflora. Helps reduce flatulence
- Proprietary microencapsulation process for enhanced stability
Additional Info :
- GENTLE PROTECTION: Vet’s Best Flea & Tick Home Spray uses certified natural ingredients to kill fleas, flea eggs, and ticks on contact.
- PROVEN EFFECTIVE: Whether facing an active infestation or are applying for routine prevention, our spray is scientifically proven effective against pests but gentle enough to use around the whole family.
- CERTIFIED NATURAL OILS: Each steam-distilled essential oil is selected for its potent pest-fighting properties and is 100% Certified Natural.
- TOTAL HOME DEFENSE: Applies easily on surfaces, indoors and out, including dog bedding, crates, furniture, blankets, upholstery, carpets, outdoor surfaces, and more. Also gentle enough to be applied directly on dogs and puppies 12 weeks or older.
- MADE IN THE USA: Our products are proudly manufactured in the USA with quality domestic and internationally sourced ingredients.
Additional Info :
- Boost the immune system – Zesty Paws Aller-Immune Bites are grain free soft chews that support immune, histamine, and digestive health for dogs with skin, seasonal, and environmental allergy issues.
- Enhanced with Epicor – At 80 mg per chew, Epicor contains vitamins, protein, fiber, and antioxidants that are clinically proven to support the body’s natural immune defenses to keep your dog healthy.
- Prebiotic & Probiotic Complex – These supplements feature a powerful Prebiotic and five strains of Probiotics for 250 million cfu of healthy bacteria that supports pet digestion and immune health.
- Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil – Each chew contains Salmon Fish Oil to provide Omega 3 fatty acids epa & dha that provide skin and immune support for dogs with allergies that cause itching and hot spots.
- Natural Ingredients – These chewables contain Colostrum, a pre milk that helps with allergies, immune function, and digestion, plus Apple Cider Vinegar and Organic Licorice Root for additional care.
Additional Info :
- CERTIFIED GENTLE AND SAFE Chlorine free and color safe. Safe to use around pets and children. No hazardous propellants, no residue left behind. So gentle it’s been Certified Safe for all carpets, earning the Seal of Approval by the trusted Carpet and Rug Institute (CRI)
- ELIMINATES STAINS, ODORS AND RESIDUE If it’s gross, it’s gone. Not just the stain, but the stink. From stinky yellow pet urine and feces to vomit and other organic spills, our professional strength formula tackles them all.
- EVERY SURFACE, EVERY TIME For use on carpets, floors, furniture, clothing, litter boxes, kennels, carriers, all pet living and sleeping areas—anywhere stains happen.
- ENZYME ACTIVATED The key is getting to the problem deep-down. This spray contains natural enzymes that are activated on contact with odors and stains, feeding on ammonia crystals and organic matter until they are completely eliminated.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED An Amazon best seller—for a reason. If your stains and odors aren’t gone, neither is your money. We’ll refund it in full.
Additional Info :
- Waterproof flea and tick treatment for dogs: Frontline Plus for Dogs provides waterproof, fast-acting, long-lasting flea and tick treatment and control for your dog. This product is approved for use on dogs 5-22 lbs.
- Break the flea life cycle with frontline: Frontline flea and tick treatment for dogs kills adult fleas plus flea eggs and larvae to stop existing infestations and prevent establishment of new infestations.
- Kills fleas and ticks: Frontline flea and tick treatment for dogs kills fleas, flea eggs, lice, and ticks. This flea and tick treatment kills ticks, including those that may transmit Lyme disease.
- Trusted flea and tick protection for dogs: Frontline has been trusted by veterinarians for nearly 20 years. Made with 2 tough killing ingredients, fipronil and (S)-methoprene – one to kill adult fleas and ticks and the second to kill flea eggs and larvae – this fast-acting, long-lasting protection provides flea and tick control for dogs and puppies 8 weeks and older
- Lasting flea and tick protection: Frontline’s long-lasting formula isstored in the oil glands of the pet’s skin to give non-stop flea and tick protection for a full 30 days. Frontline flea and tick treatment for dogs works non-stop for a full 30 days. A 3-dose supply lasts for 3 months.
Additional Info :