Ants are a common problem in the summer. They will find their way into your home, and you want to get rid of them as quickly as possible. The best way to do this is by using natural remedies that you can make yourself.
The first thing that you need to do is determine what type of ant you have. Different ants have different preferences for food, so if you know what type of ant you have, then you can use an appropriate remedy.
If you are dealing with carpenter ants, then the best thing that you can do is place borax or diatomaceous earth in the places where they are entering your home from outdoors (such as cracks around doors and windows). You should also sprinkle some of these powders over any trails that lead back outside or into walls or other areas where there might be nests hidden away from view.
You should also try placing some cinnamon or peppermint oil around entryways when possible because these two ingredients will repel ants from entering your home altogether—this works well on fire ants especially!
What is the best homemade ant killer?
The best homemade ant killer is a mixture of vinegar and borax.
To make this solution, mix equal parts of vinegar and borax in a spray bottle or jar. Add enough water to fill the container and shake well until the ingredients are dissolved.
To use, simply spray the ants with this solution. The liquid will stick to their bodies and when they groom themselves, it will kill them. It’s important to note that you should only use this solution if you know for sure that these ants are carpenter ants—otherwise it could harm other types of insects.
What Kills Ants the Quickest?
- Boric Acid Powder
Boric acid powder is an incredibly effective way to kill ants. You can sprinkle it around the area where you see ants, or put it in their nest. A small amount of boric acid will also work, so it’s not necessary to buy large quantities if you’re just trying to kill a few ants in your kitchen or bathroom. The powder will dry out their exoskeleton and kill them within 24 hours.
Borax is another effective way to get rid of ants by killing them quickly with dehydration. It works similarly to boric acid powder but is less toxic and has been proven safe even when ingested by humans at high doses (although this should never be done). To use boric acid or borax as an insecticide, pour it into cracks in floors or walls where you see ants coming in and out of your home; also sprinkle it around areas where there are likely ant nests (under sinks).
How Do I Control Ants in My House Naturally?
There are many ways to control ants naturally in your house, one of the most effective is to use a baking soda and water mixture. Mix one cup of baking soda with a quarter cup of water, and spray it onto the ant trails. This will kill off all the ants that walk through it. The mixture can also be used on ant hills or other spots where you see ants congregating.
Another option is to make your own ant bait by combining two tablespoons each of peanut butter, honey, and borax powder in a small bowl. Put the mixture in a small container and place it near where you see ants hanging out (it’s best if you can place this in an area that isn’t visible).
Ants will eat this bait and take it back to their colony where they will share with other ants until everyone has died off from the poison.
List of Product That Can Be Used to Kill Ant At Home
Here are some of the best products to use this summer when trying to kill ants at home:
PIC 4PK-Metal-AB Bait Stations Homeplus Ant Killer Metal Bait Stations, Indoor Ant Traps, Indoor Pest Control, Pack of 4
Price : $11.49 ($2.87 / Count)
- Ant Bait: Our indoor & outdoor ant killer uses a bait to attract and eliminate ants at the source. Once the ant bait is ingested, the Abamectin is activated, eliminating the colony of ants.
- Ant Repellent: This ant trap kills the queen, and effectively gets rid of the colony as well without any additional effort from your end! Our effective ant baits attract and kill most ants found in your kitchen, patio, yard, and garden.
- Outdoor Ant Traps: These ant bait traps use 4 food based lures to attract ants. While using food sources to attract and kill ants, these carpenter ant traps do not contain peanut products.
- Ant Killer: Our pet-friendly ant bait station easily eliminates Acrobat ants, Allegheny ants, Argentine. ants, Big-Headed ants, Cornfield ants, Crazy ants, Little Black ants, Pavement ants, Pharaoh ants, Pyramid ants, Thief ants and many more!
- Size and Other Details: Replace the ant bait trap every 30 days.
Katchy Indoor Insect Trap – Catcher & Killer for Mosquitos, Gnats, Moths, Fruit Flies – Non-Zapper Traps for Inside Your Home – Catch Insects Indoors with Suction, Bug Light & Sticky Glue (Black)
Price : $39.99
- Not effective on house flies. Is effective in killing fruit flies, gnats, and mosquitos.
- Triple trapping power: a UV light, powerful fan, and sticky glue board combines to be an effective way for how to get rid of fruit flies, gnats, and other small bugs. Simply turn on/off when needed.
- Use the fruit fly trap for indoors close to insect-ridden fruit, plants or trash bin. Turn off the lights for best results.
- No more ugly traps! Subtle and stylish; easily place in your home, kitchen, or office as a decorative piece. No zapper needed.
- Easy to use, choose between standard or low speed setting and leave it to work its magic, EPA Est. Numb.:93372-CHN-1
Eco Defense Pest Control Pouches – All Natural – Repels Rodents, Spiders, Roaches, Ants, Moths, Squirrels, & Other Pests – 12 Pack
- NATURALLY, REPEL PESTS – A patented encapsulation process combines the ultra-powerful combination of essential oils in a convenient-to-use pouch form, proven to repel a multitude of different pests. Cedar, Cinnamon, Lemongrass, Rosemary, Mint, and Peppermint oil create the ultimate pest control barrier. Proven safe mouse repellent for indoor and outdoor use.
- LONG-LASTING PROTECTION – Our 12 PACK of Pest Control Pouches last from 6 months to 1 year. Place in a small-enclosed area to repel Rats, Mice, Spiders, Silverfish, Roaches, Ants, Pantry moths, Snakes, Squirrels, and dozens of other pests. Contains a powerful amount of peppermint oil to repel mice and rats. Works like magic as a squirrel repellent to keep them out of your attic and basement.
- NO MESS, EASY TO USE – Simply place 1 odorant pouch in any enclosed space up to 10 cubic feet to deter pests from intrusion or nesting. Perfect for closets, pantries, vehicles, RV, and practically anywhere. Great rodent repellent for car engines that keep rats and mice from chewing on your engine’s wiring and cables.
- SAFE AND ECONOMICAL – Pest Block Pest Control Pouches are a safe alternative to chemicals and poison. The clean fresh smell of 100% pure essential oils repels pests & is always safe around you and your family. The perfect alternative to a Mouse Trap, Rat Trap, Rat poison, Roach Killer, Insect Killer, Moth Trap, Moth Balls, or Pest Repeller. 1 Pouch ALL PESTS.
- MONEY BACK GUARANTEE – Try Our Pest Control Pouches 100% Risk-Free for 60 days and if you are not absolutely satisfied with the pest-repelling results, we will immediately refund your entire purchase.
HARRIS Diatomaceous Earth Food Grade, 10lb with Powder Duster Included in The Bag
Price : $29.99
- Natural Product – Composed of 10lbs of 100% ground freshwater diatomaceous earth with absolutely no additives or fillers.
- OMRI Listed – Listed with the Organic Minerals Research Institute, a non-profit organization that reviews products against organic standards.
- Powder Duster Included – Powder duster in the bag for easy and efficient application in difficult to reach areas.
- Made in the USA – Mined in Nevada and packaged in Georgia
- Supports a Great Cause – Harris donates 10% of profits to support the local Etowah Valley Humane Society.
The best natural home remedies to eliminate ants in the house are those that you make yourself and offer a solution to this problem without using chemical substances harmful for the environment, as well as for humans. You can apply these tips and tricks to get rid of ants in your household naturally.