Cat fleas are the most common type of fleas that can affect your cat. These pests are very small in size, and therefore it is quite hard to see them with naked eyes. Fleas usually live on cats and can transfer from one cat to another easily. If you have found a flea on your cat then it is important to identify it and know whether there are more fleas left in the house or not.
Cat fleas live on warm-blooded animals such as cats and dogs. They lay eggs on the animal’s fur which fall off into its surroundings when they hatch. This means that if you have a pet who likes to sleep on your bed or furniture, there is a good chance that you will get these bugs too.
Cat fleas are a common problem in the United States, especially in the Southern states. There are several different types of cat fleas, but the most common type is Ctenocephalides felis. They are tiny insects that bite cats and dogs, as well as other animals like birds and rabbits. These pests can make your pet’s skin itchy and uncomfortable, which can cause them to scratch frequently.
The best way to get rid of cat fleas is by using home remedies. There are many methods which can be used at home, but before applying any method, make sure that the cat does not have any other health problems as well as that it is not pregnant.
What Kills Cat Fleas and Their Eggs?
The best way to kill cat fleas is to treat the environment and the animal.
There are several products that claim to kill both adult fleas and their eggs. However, there is little evidence that these products actually destroy eggs or larvae. In fact, some of these products may actually make the problem worse by creating a breeding ground for more fleas!
If you really want to get rid of your cat’s flea problem, you need a product that kills adult fleas and larvae as well as their eggs. You can find this kind of product at your local pet store or online.
How Do I Get Rid of Fleas on My Cat Without a Bath?
If you want to get rid of fleas on your cat without a bath, it’s important to first understand why cats hate baths. Cats are very clean animals, and they don’t like being submerged in water. They also have sensitive skin and are prone to infections if their fur gets wet.
The best way to get rid of fleas is with shampoo that contains pyrethrin, an insecticide that works to kill fleas by paralyzing them. You can also use ivermectin or selamectin, which is an oral medication for cats that expels existing fleas from the body and prevents future infestations.
Ways to Treat Cat Fleas;
There are many ways to treat cat fleas, but the most effective are:
- Treating your cat with a topical flea dip
- Applying essential oils to your cat’s fur (eucalyptus and peppermint are good options)
- Feeding your cat garlic powder
- Using vinegar on your carpets and upholstery
Product That Can Be Used to Eliminate Cat Fleas
Fleas can cause serious problems to your cat’s health. So, if you want to make sure that your cat is free from fleas, then you should use some products on it. Here are some of the products that can be used to eliminate cat fleas:
BASF 671858 PT Ultracide Pressurized Flea Insecticide, 20oz
Price: $31.41 ($1.57 / Ounce)
- Active Ingredient: 0.05% Pyrethrins, 0.4% Permethrin, 0.1% Pyriproxyfen
- Target pests: flea larvae and eggs, adult fleas
- Application: 20 oz. covers approx. 2625 sq. ft.
- Pet safe: Yes. But not for use directly on animals. Keep pets away during treatment until the product dries. You MUST Always Read the Label Before Use. You Must use it according to the label.
PT Alpine Flea & Bed Bug Pressurized Insecticide – 20 oz.
Price: $27.77 ($1.39 / Ounce)
- Safe for Pets
- Kills fleas for up to 30 days, Kills hatching flea eggs for up to 7 months, Kills bed bugs, Aids in preventing bed bug hatch
- Prallethrin for quick knockdown. Long-lasting IGR pyriproxyfen kills hatching eggs for up to seven months.
- 20 Oz Can Treats 2,625 square feet
- Use In: Apartments, Commercial Structures, Homes, Hotels, Kennels, Motels, and Veterinary
Natural Care Flea and Tick Spray for Dogs and Cats | Flea Treatment for Dogs and Cats | Flea Killer with Certified Natural Oils | 14 Ounces
Price : $21.79
- A WORKING SOLUTION – Natural Care Flea & Tick Home Spray works with you to kill fleas, flea eggs, and ticks on contact. And it repels mosquitoes. Just apply it wherever the pests are found, inside and out.
- NO HARSH CHEMICALS – The formula uses the natural power of plant extracts, like peppermint oil and clove extract, to get the job done.
- NO STAINS – It’s safe to use on pet bedding, pillows, blankets, carpets, rugs, dras, upholstery, countertops, and so much more. And you don’t have to worry about it leaving a stain.
- SAFE TO USE – You can use it on your dogs and cats, 12 weeks and older, as directed. Since it’s a plant-based formula, it’s safe to use around the whole family.
- QUALITY – The bottle is packaged in such a way that it won’t leak when it’s shipped to you.
Adams Plus Flea & Tick Spray For Dogs and Cats | Kills Adult Fleas, Flea Eggs, Flea Larvae, Ticks, and Repels Mosquitoes For Up To 2 Weeks | Controls Flea Reinfestation For Up To 2 Months | 16 Oz
Price : $22.47
- KILLS FLEAS & FLEA EGGS – This highly effective combination of ingredients provides quick relief from biting fleas and continuous killing of flea eggs laid on the animal, breaking the flea life cycle.
- KILLS TICKS – Adams Plus Flea & Tick Spray kills Deer Ticks which may transmit Lyme Disease.
- REPELS MOSQUITOES – A light, even coverage of your pet’s hair or coat will also provide effective repellency of mosquitoes.
- CONVENIENT TO USE – For use on canine companions 10 weeks and older and feline friends 12 weeks and older. This spray is designed with a convenient trigger for easy and even application.
- DUAL ACTION – Dual action kills adult fleas and prevents flea development.
- PROVEN PERFORMANCE – Since 1975, Adams products offer a unique approach to prevention and protection for flea and tick control that you can rely on.
- ADAMS FOR PET, HOME, AND YARD – 5% of fleas live on your pet while the remaining 95% live in your home or yard. Complete your flea and tick control system with Adams products and defend against pests.
- CONTACT US: We value our consumer feedback and questions. Visit our website to contact the Adams customer care team
Advantage Flea and Tick Treatment Spray for Cats, 8 oz
Price : $13.98
- For use on cats older than 7 months
- Delivers a whisper-quiet, continuous spray that provides 360-degree coverage while helping to reduce the stress to your cat during treatment
- Aids in the control of flea bite dermatitis by killing fleas
- As part of a complete flea control program, treat your pets, your home and your yard with appropriate products
There are many home remedies for killing fleas on cats. You can try using a flea comb and a few drops of dish soap, or you can try using a natural flea spray to keep your kitty safe from the dangers of fleas.