Armadillos are small mammals that have a hard shell and can dig into the ground with their powerful claws. They are known for their digging and for their ability to survive in cold temperatures. In addition, armadillos have a very strong sense of smell, which helps them find food in the wild.
Armadillos are also known for being destructive pests, especially in suburban areas where they can burrow through lawns and gardens. If you live near an area where armadillos are known to reside, you may want to try making homemade armadillo repellent to keep them away from your home and garden.
Armadillos are a common nuisance in the southeastern United States. They can be destructive to lawns and gardens, and they frequently dig up yards looking for grubs and worms. If you want to keep armadillos out of your yard, there are several ways to do so.
One option is to use homemade armadillo repellent. This is a simple solution that doesn’t require any expensive products or special skills. It’s also environmentally friendly, which makes it better suited for people who care about protecting animals as well as their property.
What Smells Will Keep Armadillos Away?
One of the best ways to keep these animals out of your yard is by planting aromatic plants such as marigolds, sagebrush and mint around the perimeter of your property. Armadillos tend to avoid these scents because they dislike their smell.
You can also try spraying vinegar around your yard in areas where you have seen armadillos digging or foraging for food. The vinegar will act as an effective repellent for this animal because it smells bad to them and makes them uncomfortable enough not to come back again anytime soon.
What Is the Best Homemade Armadillo Repellent?
There are many different ways to make homemade armadillo repellent. The most popular is using cayenne pepper, which can be sprinkled around your garden or yard. Cayenne pepper is also a good choice for keeping deer away.
What Is the Most Effective Way to Get Rid of Armadillos?
The most effective way to get rid of armadillos is to hire an exterminator, who will use traps that are designed to kill the armadillo. This will ensure that the animal is dead, and prevent it from returning to your property.
If you are unable to hire an exterminator, you can try using poison bait. However, this method is not as effective as trapping, and if you do not know how to properly dispose of the carcass of the animal, it could pose a health risk for your pets or other wildlife in your area.
List of Other Armadillo Repellent
There are many different kinds of armadillo repellents that you can use to keep these creatures away from your yard. Here is a list of some of the most popular ones:
Natural Elements Mole and Vole Repellent | 100% Castor Oil | Pet Safe and Non Toxic | Food Grade | 128 oz (1 Gallon)
Price : $39.95 ($0.31 / Fl Oz)
- ✅ Formulated to Stop Mole Infestations. Simple to use and long lasting.
- ✅ Contains Castor Oil to Kill the Mole’s Food Source
- ✅ 1 Gallon Treats Up to 20,000 Square Feet
- ✅ Non-Toxic yet highly effective formula
Additional Info :
Lubatis Animal Repellent 2 Pack Solar Animal Repeller Ultrasonic Deterrent Devices Outdoor Defender for Rat, Squirrel, Deer, Raccoon, Skunk, Rabbit, Dog, Cat, Waterproof with Motion Detector
Price : $59.99
- 【Effective Animal Repellent Outdoor】- Are you tired of constantly dealing with animal intruders ruining your lawn or veggie garden? Would you like to keep at bay stray animals and keep your family and pets safe? The animal repellent is the perfect choice.
- 【How it Works】- The Lubatis Deer Repellent blasts a range of powerful ultrasonic sounds to scare away a wide variety of animals. The built-in motion detection sensor is highly sensitive and will trigger at an angle of 110 degrees and 25-33 feet distance range, for maximum performance
- 【Human Design】- Solar Animal Repeller is only to drive the animal without any chemicals. it is only issued 13.5kHz-45.5kHz ultrasound to drive them away. Will not have any harm to the human body. And will not hurt your own cats, dogs or other pets
- 【Solar Powered】- No wiring and no batteries to replace, features a solar panel on top of the device that harnesses the sun’s energy and recharges the batteries (3 AA rechargeable batteries included). Simply take it out of the box, stick it into the ground with the included stakes.
- 【Easy Installation】- Our cat repellent is easy to install, providing multiple mounting options. Whether on your wall or fence, or simply inserted in the ground, this ultrasonic repellent keeps at bay small rodents, squirrels, cats, dogs and more
Pack of 4 Solar Mole Repellent Sonic Gopher Repellent Vole Chaser Mole Deterrent Sonic Spikes Rodent Repellent Ultrasonic Pest Control Outdoor Keep Moles Out of Yard Lawn
Price : $36.99
- Sonic Mole Repellent Stakes: Drive moles, gophers, groundhogs, voles and other burrowing rodents away from lawns by emit a sonic vibration sound pulse, they are chased away unharmed.
- Economical Solar-Powered Design: This stakes come with rechargeable battery included, charging by its polysilicon solar automatically, 4-hour solar charge lasts for 5 days working, no need to replace battery.
- Sonic mole deterrent – humane way to repel moles from tunnelling and causing damage to lawns, vegetable plots and flowers and seedling plant roots.
- Scope of Application: A must-have device to protect your back yard, farm, garden, lawns, seedbeds and seedling plants from rodents damage.
- No chemicals or poison is used in this process. Moles, gophers and other burrowing rodents and chased away rather than harmed in the process.
Safer 5929 Critter Ridder Animal Repellent Granules – Repels Raccoons, Skunks, Dogs, Cats, Chipmunks, Squirrels & Groundhogs – OMRI Listed for Organic Use – Protects up to 300 Sq Ft
Price : $26.22 ($26.22 / Count)
- Naturally Repels – Repels nuisance animals such as skunks, groundhogs, dogs, cats, squirrels, and raccoons
- Dual-Action Formula – The granules use simple ingredients such as black pepper, piperine, and capsaicin to repel animals by scent and taste
- Long-Lasting Granules – One application of the repellent granules provides long-lasting defense for up to 30 days
- Easy Application – The convenient shaker bottle allows for application by hand, or you can use it in a lawn spreader
- Peace of Mind – This repellent is OMRI Listed and compliant for use in organic gardening so you can use it without worry
- Protects up to 300 Sq Ft – The 5 lb canister provides plenty of protection. Apply around lawns, flowerbeds, in attics, sheds, and garages, near trashcans, and more
It is possible to use homemade armadillo repellent to keep these animals away from your property. You just need to know what ingredients are safe and effective, as well as when and where they should be used.