If you have bed bugs, you know how annoying they can be. You may have been bitten by them and now are worried about what kind of diseases they carry. Bed bugs are not known to spread disease, but they do cause itching and discomfort. They also make it hard for you to sleep at night because of your constant need to scratch the bites. If you want to get rid of these pests for good, this homemade bed bug killer spray will help you do just that.
As someone who has been dealing with bed bugs for years, I have tried every product on the market and have never found anything that works as well as my homemade bed bug killer spray. This spray is easy to make, affordable and smells great. I use this spray in my home on a regular basis.
There are many different ways to get rid of bed bugs, but if you want to use a natural remedy, then this homemade bed bug killer spray is the way to go.
This spray is easy to make and safe for use around your children and pets. It also works quickly, so you can start using it right away.
What Homemade Stuff Kills Bed Bugs?
There are a few natural ingredients that are effective against bedbugs.
1) Diatomaceous earth
Diatomaceous earth is a powder that is derived from the fossilized skeletons of one-celled organisms called diatoms. The powder is made up of sharp edges, which can cut through the exoskeletons of insects, causing them to dehydrate and eventually die. It can be applied directly to bedbugs or their hiding spots (such as crevices and cracks) to help kill them.
2) Insecticidal soaps/washes
Insecticidal soaps/washes use fatty acids to disrupt an insect’s waxy layer, which helps them dry out and die if they come into contact with it. This can be sprayed directly on bedbugs or their hiding spots (such as crevices and cracks) to help kill them.
3) Essential oils
Essential oils are concentrated versions of natural oils found in plants; they have been used for centuries for their healing properties (and now also their insecticidal properties). Some common essential oils used against bedbugs include peppermint oil, clove oil, lavender oil, tea tree oil, cinnamon bark oil and eucalyptus.
Does Kerosene Kill Bed Bugs?
Yes, kerosene can kill bed bugs.
Kerosene is a type of fuel that is used in kerosene heaters and lamps. It’s made from petroleum, so it contains many of the same chemicals as gasoline.
These chemicals are very flammable, which means they burn very easily and don’t need much oxygen to do so. They also have a low flash point, which means that they will ignite at lower temperatures than most other fuels.
Because of this, kerosene is a good tool for killing bed bugs safely indoors and out of doors, as long as you take precautions to avoid fires that could threaten your home or life.
What Can I Spray on My Bed to Kill Bed Bugs?
The best way to kill bed bugs is with a spray that has an insecticide and a repellent in it.
A good option is the Bed Bug Killer Spray from [company name]. It uses the active ingredient pyrethrins, which is derived from chrysanthemums, as well as permethrin, which is derived from chrysanthemums and pyrethrins. It uses natural oils to help repel bed bugs, so they don’t come back.
The company also offers a bed bug spray that contains permethrin and pyrethroids to kill and repel bed bugs. This can be used if you have a severe infestation or if you’re treating an area where there are other insects that may be resistant to pyrethroids or other chemicals.
List of Other Bed Bug Killer and Control Products
It can be difficult to choose which bed bug killer or control product is best for your specific needs. To help you navigate the marketplace, we’ve compiled a list of other products that may be useful to you.
BugMD Pest Control Essential Oil Concentrate 3.7 oz (2-Pack), Plant-Powered Bug Spray Quick Kills Flies, Ants, Fleas, Ticks, Roaches, Mosquitoes
Price: $29.99 ($4.05 / Fl Oz)
- Eliminate Home Invading Pests: bugmd is the effective way to target hundreds of indoor and outdoor pests including ants, fleas, mosquitoes, roaches, mites, moths, spiders and tons more This essential oil-powered spray is the perfect solution to keep your home, yard, and other spaces pest free without ever sacrificing your family’s health and safety (when used as directed).
- One small concentrate bottle is all you need to create a 32 oz bottle of pest control spray that can easily be sprayed in and out of the home, including in bathrooms, bedrooms, pet areas, kitchens, baseboards, sheds, cabinets and gardens, and outdoor areas. Simply add your full Essential Pest concentrate to 27 oz of cold water into a bugmd Essential “Forever” Spray bottle, shake, and spray.
- Plant Powered Formula: bugmd utilizes the power of plant oils such as cottonseed oil and clove oil. bugmd doesn’t contain any harsh chemicals so it’s better for you and your family while you effectively control pest invasions. bugmd is good to use on wood, carpet, and fabrics
- Fast-Acting Formula: Our essential oil-based spray kills some species in seconds and eliminates many within 30 minutes. Plus, bugmd can even work on some species known to have resistance to typical insecticides and sprays. Utilize this versatile formula as often as needed to quickly and safely defend your home (when used as directed).
- Effectively Protect Your Home: Our multi-use pest control spray effectively kills insects at all stages of their lifecycle. From eggs to larvae, to adults, our formula powerfully eliminates pests on contact at any stage. Works great as an effective cockroach killer indoors and outdoors
Ortho Home Defense Bed Bug Killer with Essential Oils Aerosol 14 OZ
- Safe and strong essential oil formula (safe to use around kids and pets when used as directed)
- Safe to use around kids and pets (when used as directed)
- Tested and proven to start killing bed bugs in seconds
- Even kills resistant bed bugs – 100% Satisfaction (see product label for details)
- Spray at all angles
HARRIS Bed Bug Traps – Parent (20-Pack)
Price : $17.60 ($0.88 / Count)
- Natural Product. Easy to Use – Simply fold the trap and insert the tab at the top to hold it together
- Discreet – Slides easily under furniture and bedding
- Versatile – For residential and commercial use as an early detection and monitoring device
- 4 Traps – Four large traps included in each package
SafeRest Mattress Protector – Queen, Premium, Cotton, Waterproof Mattress Cover Protectors – White
- Protects Against Urine, Fluids, Perspiration
- Cotton Terry Surface With Membrane Back Coating (Waterproof, Noiseless and Breathable)
- Great For Those With Kids, Pets Or Incontinence (OEKO-TEX Certified SH025 151792)
- Will Not Change The Feel of Your Mattress (Registered with the FDA as a Class 1 Medical Device)
- Fitted Sheet Style Design – Queen Size Mattress Protector 60″ x 80″ – Fits up to 18″ deep
Bed Bug Interceptors – 8 Pack | Bed Bug Blocker (Pro) Interceptor Traps (White) | Insect Trap, Monitor, and Detector for Bed Legs
Price : $27.99 ($3.50 / Count)
- SLEEP EASY! 24/7 BEDBUG DETECTION AND PROTECTION — Easily monitor your problem 24/7 and rest easy knowing that your bed and furniture will remain bed bug free. Detect the presence of unwanted pests with the Bed Bug Blocker (Pro).
- EFFECTIVE, HEAVY DUTY, VERSATILE DESIGN — Eliminate your infestation once and for all. The Bed Bug Blocker (Pro) interceptor trap fits nearly all furniture and beds and is specifically designed to withstand heavier furniture such as large beds.
- USE UNDER BED POSTS AND FURNITURE LEGS — In addition to use in homes and apartments, the Bed Bug Blocker (Pro) can be used in hotels, hostels, dormitories, hospitals, nursing homes, and other residences.
- BED BUGS CLIMB IN BUT CANNOT CLIMB OUT — Bed bugs can easily climb the textured exterior surface but find themselves unable to escape the slippery outer reservoir.
- PACK OF 8 — Each box includes a set of eight bed bug interceptor traps. Eight traps will provide detection and protection for two beds or other pieces of furniture.
Homemade bed bug killer spray is a great product to have on hand. It can be used in many different ways, and it is relatively inexpensive. This makes it a good choice for those who want to avoid using commercial pesticides or other insecticides.