You’d be surprised to find Bed bugs can jump as far as 130 times their own body length. They are only able to make jumps of 2 to 3 inches on hard surfaces, but they prefer softer surfaces like human skin. Bedbugs can live for a year without feeding and can survive for weeks between meals. Bed bugs are no joke. They’re tiny, scary and apparently love to jump on humans. One bed bug can ruin a whole night of restful sleep. Your mattress is your best defense from those creepy critters.
Bedbugs were in the news a lot last year as cases were on the rise. In fact, the Global health organization stated that bedbugs are becoming an international public health problem. Thats right, bedbugs have made their way onto the International agenda. With all this media attention I would imagine most of us still want to know just how far can a bedbug jump. The Answer: A bed bug can jump up to 15 inches in the air and feed off your blood. Bed bugs are small insects that look like ticks. They feed on human blood, usually at night when we’re sleeping. They climb onto your bed or any other hard surface and wait for a host to come around. They then crawl on top of you and feed off your blood without waking you. That’s why they’re also commonly known as a Cimex Lectularius (Cimicidae).
I’ve been studying bed bugs for a very long time — it’s almost a sickness of mine. The reactions people have (both positive and negative) to bed bugs make my love of learning about them that much better, though. I liken it to the full moon and lycanthropes. Bed bugs are very misunderstood, and in some ways feared — they are not easy to “digest” when encountering one for the first time. Therefore, I feel like I have a special gift in being able to properly educate others on bed bugs. Bed bugs are sometimes confused with fleas. However, there are many similarities in how they behave and treat their victims. Information on this site is to provide basic information about treating infestations and preventing them from being a problem, as well as helping you spot the signs early.
How Far Can A Bed Bug Travel
Bed bugs are a common problem for many people. These small insects can be found in beds, furniture, and any other place where people sleep or sit for extended periods of time.
If you have bed bugs in your home, it is important to know how far they jump so that you can keep them away from your home. Bed bugs do not have wings, but they are able to jump and move around quickly. You can learn more about how far a bed bug can jump by reading the following article. It’s a question that has been on the minds of many people: how far can a bed bug jump? After all, if you have bed bugs in your home, it’s important to know just how far they can travel.
Luckily for us, we don’t need to worry about how far they can jump—because they don’t leap at all! Bed bugs simply crawl along surfaces or across clothing to get from one location to another.
You may have heard that bed bugs can jump, but how far can they really jump? If you’re looking for an answer to this question, you’re not alone. Many people want to know how far a bed bug can jump, and the answer is actually fairly simple: they can’t jump at all!
The reason that many people believe that bed bugs are capable of jumping is because of their small size and ability to squeeze through tight spaces. However, this doesn’t mean that they can actually leap across any distance—and there’s no evidence to suggest otherwise.
Bed bugs are tiny insects that feed on blood from animals and humans. They do not have wings and cannot fly; instead, they crawl around on the floor or ceiling of a room until they find a host animal (or human) to bite. When they do find a host animal or human, they will attach themselves with their mouthparts and feed on blood until full before leaving again for another meal later on down the road when necessary.
As long as there are ample hosts available for them in close proximity (within 30 feet or so), then it’s unlikely anyone will have problems with bed bugs at all unless there is some kind of intervention by professionals who know what needs to be done when dealing
If you’re a human, you probably can’t jump very far—but if you’re a bed bug, you can jump quite a lot.
Bed bugs, who are only about 4 to 5mm long, can leap up to 150 times their body length—more than half a foot!
That’s much farther than the average person is capable of jumping, which is about 3 feet.
Scientists think that this ability has evolved to help them hide from predators in cracks and crevices.
List of How Far Can A Bed Bug Travel
- PROVEN 100% EFFECTIVE — Journal of Economic Entomology published a, independent study by the prestigious Rutgers University Entomology Department, which confirmed that Bed Bug Patrol is “The Most Effective Essential Oil-Based Pesticide” on the market. Bed Bug Patrol’s 100% natural, proprietary formula eradicates bedbugs in every cycle of life form, from egg and nymph to pesticide-resistant mutating adults. Helping to prevent future infestations of bed bugs and stopping mutation in its tracks.
- PLANT-BASED, NON-TOXIC, UNIVERSITY STUDIED, CHILD AND PET SAFE — Made in the USA, using 100% natural and non-toxic ingredients. No more worries of toxic fumes or dangerous chemicals coming in contact with you and your family.
- TSA APPROVED MAX 3.2oz TRAVEL SIZE — Bed Bug Patrol Travel Spray is sized specifically to meet the 3.2 oz liquid travel limitation imposed by TSA, while still packing enough power to protect even the worst hotel rooms from infestations.
- FREE STEP-BY-STEP E-BOOK — Message us for your digital PDF eBook on How to Get Rid of Bed Bugs. This eBook gives you an in-depth look on bed bugs and how to effectively win your bed bug battle quickly and effectively!
- MONEY BACK GUARANTEE — Formulated by our founder, a 25 year natural approach based Homeopathic Practitioner, Bill Carlson. He personally guarantees that Bed Bug Patrol Bed Bug Killer will work, or your money back! We stand behind our products and dare you to try it 100% Risk-Free for 30 days. If you are not satisfied, please reach out to us directly so we can assist you with expediting that refund accordingly.
Additional Info :
Additional Info :
Xout Anti Bed Bug Spray, Kills Bed Bugs and Dust Mites, Eggs and Larva on Contact, Ready to Use, Refreshing Scent, Safe Around Children and Pets, All Natural Plant Based Formula
- ANTI-BED BUGS AND DUST MITES: There’s no two ways about it, bed bugs are nasty creatures that can carry and spread disease. You do not want these guys running around you home feeding on you and your family. This bed bug spray will enable you to rid your home of these unwelcomed guests with haste.
- SAFE: When used as direct AND VERSATILE: Designed for use on fabrics, mattresses, carpets, rugs and other furniture, use this product wherever you find bed bugs or bed bug activity. XOut spray is safe to use around children and pets, plant based and kills bed bugs on contact.
- PEACE OF MIND: No one should have to worry about themselves or their children sleeping with bed bugs. Using XOut will allow you to rest easy knowing that Xout kills not only adult bed bugs, but also eggs and larva on contact. Re-take your home and get the rest you deserve.
- HOW-TO: Shake well before using, remove pillowcases/sheets and wash. Using broad spray setting, spray directly onto bed bugs and dust mites and areas where they live including mattresses, box springs, head boards, bed frames, carpets/rugs, floor molding, cracks/cervices, interior of nightstands and drawers. Change spray setting to narrow pattern and spray directly onto live bedbugs when encountered. Allow sprayed areas to dry before remaking bed. Follow up with additional applications as neede
- XOUT: By making use of modern technology, XOut kills bed bugs, dust mites, eggs, and larvae by contact. It is ready-to-use and made from a naturally derived, multi-purpose insecticides. XOut has a pleasant, refreshing botanical scent as well.
Additional Info :
UV Flashlight Black Light, Vansky 51 LED Blacklight Pet Urine Detector for Dog/Cat Urine,Dry Stains,Bed Bug, Matching with Pet Odor Eliminator
- Find invisible stains: UV flashlight helps detect food stains and pet urine stains on rugs, carpets, and clothes that are otherwise invisible to the naked Eye. Not work well on cat urine
- Versatile use: authenticate currency and official documents like drivers licenses or identify unwanted whitening agent in cosmetics
- Perfect for outside use such as finding scorpions and minerals! Shoul used with 3xAA Standard Alkaline Battery (Battery Not Included)
- Durable, high-quality lads: the 51 tenacious UV light LEDs have a lifespan of 15 years
- Ultra-compact design: The pocket-size UV flashlight can be carried along to detect stains in your car or illuminate minerals, body art
Additional Info :
EcoVenger (Formerly EcoRaider) Natural Bed Bug Killer 1 Gallon (Refill), Child & Pet Safe, Fast Kill 100% + Kills Eggs and The Resistant, Extended Residual Protection, Natural & Non-Toxic
- THE MOST EFFECTIVE BED BUG KILLER — Journal of economic entomology published university study confirmed that EcoRaider is the only natural product that kills bed bugs with 100 percent efficacy
- PROVEN THROUGH USDA IR4 PHP PROGRAM — field tested by research entomologists for eradicating bed bug infestations in public housing buildings and recommend for sensitive environment
- KILL ALL STAGES INCLUSIVE & EVEN RESISTANT BED BUGS — Kills bed bug adults and nymphs fast on contact with 100% efficacy, kills bed bugs that are resistant to traditional pesticides. Proven highest performance in eliminating bed bug eggs
- EXTENDED DRY RESIDUAL PROTECTION — University study shows EcoRaider residual provides extended protection for two weeks on bed bugs even after dried
- NON-TOXIC, SAFE AND ECO-FRIENDLY — certified USDA BioBased insecticide, dermatologically safe; child and pet friendly; safe to use directly on mattress and box springs.
Additional Info :