Let’s face it, there are many things in life that can be pretty creepy. Take fleas for example. It’s just unnatural for something that’s barely visible to bite you, and make your skin irritated. Insect bites are common, but insect saliva injected into your bloodstream as a result of a bite is even worse. With all these things said, we will try to answer the question How long do adult fleas live? You’re reading this article but don’t actually need to know how long adult fleas live, you already know that they live for approximately 2 to 4 months, you want to know what the best way is to get rid of them. There are many options available to rid your home of these tiny creatures but you’ll want to do a bit of research and find out which option will work best for your situation.
As pediatricians, we have often been asked about the life cycle of a flea, which has always seemed to us to be an odd question. After all, patients generally don’t have any interest in the adult life cycle of the flea; they are thinking about getting rid of their little pest, so that it cannot bite them and infect their children with whatever it is that fleas transmit to people (not Rickets or typhus anymore—those are passe). We all know what fleas look like. They are small, pesky black insects with a little hump on their back that seems to make them jump higher than other jumping insects. Fleas may not seem to be dangerous, but they can be very damaging since they are vectors of many diseases that can cause illness in people and animals. Case in point, dog owners should be familiar with the fact that fleas can transmit tapeworms to their dogs.
Fleas are a parasite that feed on the blood of their host. A female flea may lay up to twenty eggs per day while they are attached to their host, which hatches in between 14-21 hours. The larvae then go through a larval stage, where they feed on dried blood and then fall off the host into the environment. Once the larvae have fallen off, they will pupate into an adult in 1-2 weeks. There are four stages of flea life cycle that are broken down into: egg, larval, pupal, and adult stages. It can take anywhere from 1 to 9 months for any one stage of this cycle to be completed. Pesky things, aren’t they? No matter how much we try and prevent them, there are always ways to get them into our homes. With pests, the situation is even more problematic — they can literally be feeding off of us while we’re locked up in our bedrooms! But before you begin panicking, I’m here to help. Before we can get to grips with flea life cycles and their bites, we need to understand the stages adult fleas live through and establish a species of flea.
How Long Do Adult Fleas Live
Adult fleas can live up to a year, but they don’t always. Adult fleas will die if they don’t find a host to feed on, which can happen when you treat your home and pets with flea medications. Adult fleas also tend to be more susceptible to cold weather than larval stages, so they may not survive the winter if they’re left outside in freezing temperatures.
Flea eggs are laid by adult female fleas and hatch into larvae after about two days. Larvae feed on organic matter in your pet’s fur and take about three weeks to mature into pupae. The pupae then hatch into more adult fleas that will start reproducing themselves again! Fleas are the bane of anyone’s existence. They are tiny, they move quickly, and they can be incredibly difficult to get rid of. But what most people don’t know is that adult fleas only live for about two months at the most.
How Long Do Adult Fleas Live?
Fleas generally live for about two months—and even less if you have been treating your home’s environment with a flea-killing product like Frontline Plus or Advantage. This means that if you start treating your home and your pet for fleas a couple weeks before summer starts, when the weather warms up and those pesky little insects get active again, you will be able to enjoy nearly three months of peace from those tiny bloodsuckers!
When you have a flea problem, you want to know how long it’s going to take for your home to be free from these pesky, biting creatures.
The answer depends on the type of flea you’re dealing with. The life cycle of a flea can take anywhere from two weeks up to a year or more, depending on conditions in your home and outside.
When it comes to adult fleas, they can live as long as ten months without feeding on blood. That’s right—they can survive without eating for a full year!
So how long do adult fleas live? As long as it takes for their food source to become available again. Adult fleas can live for up to 2 months, but once they start feeding, that time span is reduced to just a few days.
A flea’s lifespan depends on a number of factors, including the environment it lives in, how well its host takes care of itself, and whether or not it has any natural enemies. The type of environment also affects how long a flea can live—for instance, if the weather is too cold or too dry, fleas may die off before reaching adulthood.
Fleas are also sensitive to light and heat, so if you keep them in an area with little light or no air conditioning they will likely die off sooner than if they were kept in a darker area such as under furniture or behind drapes where there’s less light exposure.
List of How Long Do Adult Fleas Live
- Scale up your greatest conversations. Smart video calling on your TV brings your favorite people, larger-than-life, into your living room
- Share the room. Perfect for group calls. Portal TV captures your whole room so everyone is in view without jostling for position.
- Watch together, wherever. Binge your favorite Facebook Watch content on calls with friends or family like they’re in the room with you.
- Call anyone, anywhere. Use Messenger, WhatsApp, Zoom and more to connect with friends and family—even if they don’t have a Portal devices.
- A more natural connection. Smart Camera adjusts automatically so you can move freely and stay in frame, while Smart Sound ensures you can be heard clearly.
- More TV for your TV. Enjoy movies and shows with Netflix, Prime Video, Sling, Facebook Watch and more built in.
- Enhance your calls. An ever-growing AR library lets you clean up your background or liven up calls with effects and masks.
- See and do more with Alexa Built-in. Control your smart home, listen to your favorite music, watch the news, get the weather, set a timer and more.
- Privacy by design. Easily disable the camera and microphone, or block the lens with the camera cover. All Messenger and WhatsApp calls are encrypted.
Additional Info :
Additional Info :
- Introducing Raid Essentials Fruit Fly Tap that is safe* to use around kids and pets (*When used as directed)
- Raid Essentials is made with essential oils, and is specifically designed with plant-based ingredients to kill bugs
- Deals with fruit flies, not tested on gnats or drain flies.
- Ideal for use all around your home (always follow use instructions)
- Lasts up to 21 days
Additional Info :
- 100% ORGANIC AND NON-GMO: There’s no need to worry about intoxicants that may hinder your plant’s growth because the Back to the Roots Mushroom Growing Kit is completely organic and not genetically modified; You can cook them however you want or add them to your favorite dishes
- GROW YOUR PLANT ALL YEAR-ROUND: This organic mushroom indoor kit allows you to grow your own crop all-year round; Just place the box near a window with indirect light, mist twice a day, and you’ll see delicious, beautiful mushrooms growing within a week; Included in this kit is an organic plant-based soil infused with mushroom spawn and a booklet with instructions
- CONVENIENT AND EASY: Mushrooms are one of the easiest to grow indoors; All you need to do is open, spray daily with the included mister, and in 10 days you’ll be harvesting your own mushrooms right out of the box; Each crop produces three to four servings of mushrooms, and each box can grow up two crops
- THE PERFECT GIFT: The perfect holiday gift, it comes in a beautiful packaging so that it’s ready to be given to foodie, garden-loving and eco-conscious friends and family; This kit is also part of our Grow One Give One campaign, simpy share a picture on social media, tag us and use the campaign hashtag, and we’ll donate a kit to a classroom of your choice
- GUARANTEED TO GROW: Made in the USA and 100% Guaranteed to grow. If you are not satisfied, simply message us and we will send you a Back To The Roots replacement
Additional Info :
Additional Info :