After a bed bug infestation has been treated, it is important to clean your home. Failure to clean thoroughly can cause the bugs to return, and there are many ways to get them out of your home. Here is how to clean after bed bug treatment:
* Vacuum every room in your house. Vacuuming removes bed bugs that may be hiding in cracks or crevices, so it is an important part of cleaning up after a bed bug infestation. It also helps remove any eggs that may have been laid during the infestation.
* Wash all linens, clothes, and other fabrics that were used during the infestation. This includes sheets, pillowcases, blankets, clothing and other items. You can wash these items on hot if you want to kill any bugs that are still living inside them; however, if you do not want to wash them at this point then you can use cold water instead.
* Clean upholstered furniture with insecticide spray or powder (if possible). This will help prevent new infestations from occurring because it kills any eggs that may have been laid on these surfaces during the initial infestation and prevents new ones from being laid there again in future years.
Can I sleep in my bed after bed bug treatment?
The treatment for bed bugs is not a permanent solution, so you should be cautious about the possibility of bed bugs returning to your home. After your home has been treated for bed bugs, you may continue to sleep in your bed. However, if you notice any signs of bed bugs (such as blood stains on your sheets) or if you feel that the problem has returned, you should call an exterminator immediately.
How long after bed bug treatment can I mop?
Although you may be eager to get the bed bug treatment complete and get back to your normal routine, it’s important to wait at least two hours after treatment before mopping.
The reason for this is simple: the residual insecticide that remains on surfaces is still effective for up to two hours in most cases, so there’s no need to mop up until after that time has passed.
What happens after bed bug treatment?
After the treatment, you may experience an increase in activity and see more bugs than you did before the treatment. This is normal, and it’s a sign that the chemicals are working. You should start to see a decrease in activity after about two weeks.
How do I know if bed bugs are gone after treatment?
After you have treated your home for bed bugs, you can use a bed bug trap to see if the treatment has worked.
If no bed bugs show up in the trap after several days, that’s one indication that they have been completely eradicated. If you do see a few bed bugs in the trap, it could mean that some are still hiding out somewhere in your home or even in your mattress. In this case, you should repeat the treatment and check again in another few days. This can be repeated as many times as necessary until all of your infestations are gone.
How long does bed bug treatment take to dry?
Bed bugs are tricky, sneaky creatures. They can hide in your mattress cover and travel with you when you move into a new apartment or home. Plus, they’re super resistant to most pesticides and remedies, so you’ll need to be meticulous when tackling this problem.
The good news is that bed bug treatments can dry in as little as 30 minutes. But here’s the thing: if you’re treating a bed bug infestation on an old mattress or box spring, it will take longer than that to get rid of all of the eggs. You may need several applications before the eggs are gone for good.
So how long does it take? It depends on how many eggs were present in the first place—and how many there are now after treatment has taken place. If there were thousands of eggs on your mattress before treatment, it could take days or even weeks to get rid of them all. But if there were only a few dozen or so and they’ve been dried up by now… well, then we’re talking about a quick fix.
Just remember: bed bug treatments work best when applied regularly over time (we recommend at least twice per year).
List of How To Clean After Bed Bug Treatment
As bed bugs become more and more common, it’s important to know how to clean after bed bug treatment to prevent them from coming back.
Here are some product you can use to ensure your home is free of bed bugs:
Price : $11.98 ($2.00 / Count)
- #1 selling washing machine cleaner* (*Nielsen Scantrack; Total US Extended All Outlet Combined dollar sales, 52WK period ending August 2021)
- Helps remove odor-causing residues and grime
- #1 Recommended by* Whirlpool, Maytag and Amana brands (*affresh brand products and the recommending brands’ products are all owned and distributed by Whirlpool Corporation)
- Cleans deep inside pump, valve, tub, drum, agitator, filter and hose
- Works with top and front load washers, including HE (high efficiency)
- Extended cleaning with time-release tablets
Additional Info :
Benadryl Extra Strength Anti-Itch Gel, 2 Percentage Diphenhydramine HCI Topical Analgesic & Histamine Blocker for Relief of Outdoor Itches Associated with Poison Ivy, Insect Bites & More, 3.5 fl. oz
Price : $4.89 ($1.40 / Fl Oz)
- 3.5-ounce tube of Benadryl Extra-Strength Cooling Itch Stopping Anti-Itch Gel for fast cooling relief from skin pain and itching from most outdoor itches
- Provides relief from most outdoor itches associated with insect bites, sunburn, scrapes, minor skin irritations, burns, and minor cuts
- Soothing anti-itch gel also provides relief from itching associated with rashes caused by poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac
- Cooling gel formula contains 2% of the topical analgesic pain reliever diphenhydramine hydrochloride that works by blocking histamines to relieve itches associated with several ailments
- Intended for use by those ages 2 and up, soothing gel offers itch relief for kids and adults alike and is great to keep on hand during outdoor activities such as camping, hiking or taking a walk with the family
Additional Info :
Liquid I.V. Hydration Multiplier – Passion Fruit – Hydration Powder Packets | Electrolyte Drink Mix | Easy Open Single-Serving Stick | Non-GMO | 16 Sticks
Price : $17.99 ($1.99 / Ounce)
- Hydration Multiplier is a great-tasting, non-GMO electrolyte drink mix powered by CTT to deliver hydration to the bloodstream faster and more efficiently than water alone. Passion Fruit is equal parts invigorating and refreshing with hints of honey and berry flavors.
- Cellular Transport Technology, or CTT, is the breakthrough delivery system used in all Liquid I.V. products, designed to enhance rapid absorption of water and other key ingredients into the bloodstream.
- Non-GMO and made with premium ingredients, Hydration Multiplier Electrolyte Powder Drink Mix contains 5 essential vitamins including Vitamins B3, B5, B6, B12 and Vitamin C. It’s also gluten-free, soy-free, and dairy-free.
- CONVENIENCE Single-serving, travel-friendly packets are easy to enjoy on the go. Pour one easy-to-open packet into 16 oz of water, mix or shake, and hydrate.
- With each purchase you make, we donate a serving to someone in need around the world. Liquid I.V. provides much-needed hydration in disaster zones, hospitals, impoverished communities, and emergency living quarters across the globe. Since 2015, we have donated over 19 million servings.
Additional Info :
Bissell SteamShot Hard Surface Steam Cleaner with Natural Sanitization, Multi-Surface Tools Included to Remove Dirt, Grime, Grease, and More, 39N7V
Price : $31.04
- Every Purchase Saves Pets. BISSELL proudly supports BISSELL Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.
- Clean and Sanitize with the Power of Steam. 100 watts of steam power from a variety of hard surfaces.
- On-Demand Steam Trigger. Control the amount of high-pressure, high-temperature steam.
- Cleaning Tools Included. Comes with seven multi-surface cleaning tools: jet nozzle, (3) color-coded round bristle brushes, grout tool, flat scraper tool, and angle concentrator tool.
- Chemical-Free Cleaning. Uses water only, 100% natural cleaning is safe for kids and pets.
- Use as instructed. Results may vary. Tested under controlled laboratory conditions without tools.
- When used as directed.
Additional Info :
Price : $12.96
- Natural Product – Composed of 4lbs of 100% ground freshwater diatomaceous earth with absolutely no additives or fillers.
- OMRI Listed – Listed with the Organic Minerals Research Institute, a non-profit organization that reviews products against organic standards.
- Powder Duster Included – Powder duster in the bag for easy and efficient application of diatomaceous earth on animal feed
- Supports a Great Cause – Harris donates 10% of profits to support the local Etowah Valley Humane Society.
- Made in the USA – Mined in Nevada and packaged in Georgia
Additional Info :
If you have just had bed bugs treated in your home, it is important to take the necessary steps to clean up after the treatment. Bed bug infestations can be a real problem for homeowners, and many people want to know how to clean after bed bug treatment.
The first step in cleaning up after bed bug treatment is to make sure that all of the areas that were treated are completely dry before you start cleaning them. You should allow at least 24 hours for the treated areas to dry completely before you begin your cleanup efforts. If you do not wait long enough for the treated areas to dry, then mold could start growing in those areas and cause problems with your health.
The next step in cleaning up after bed bug treatment is to vacuum all of the areas where the bugs were found before they were killed by the chemicals used on them during treatment. This will help remove any dead bugs or feces from these areas so that new ones cannot come back into them once they return from wherever they went when they were exposed to those chemicals.
After vacuuming up those dead bugs and feces, it is time for washing down all of those surfaces where they were found before treating them with more chemicals or something else like bleach solutions.