Flea infestations are one of the most common issues that cat owners face. It is estimated that between 50 and 70% of cats have fleas, which is a very large number. While there are many different types of products to use to get rid of these pests, there are also other methods you can try at home.
A cat with fleas is a sad sight. It’s hard to see your feline friend suffering like that, and it can be hard to know what to do about it. It’s not your fault, though. The fact is that fleas are sneaky little creatures, they’re small enough to hide in even the smallest of spaces, and they’ll infest any cat that gives them a chance.
If you want to keep your cat from getting fleas again, you need to know how they work and what causes them to come into your home. This article will tell you everything you need to know about flea control for cats, including some tips on how to treat your cat’s current infestation so that she stays flea-free from now on.
Do Cat Fleas Bite Humans?
Cat fleas are small, brown insects that feed on cats and other animals. They can also bite humans, but they don’t do so often. Cat fleas usually only bite humans when there is no other animal available for them to feed on.
Cat fleas are most commonly found in warm climates where there are many cats or other mammals living in close proximity to each other. Because of this, cat flea infestations tend to be common in places like southern California, Florida, and Texas where it’s hot year-round and people keep their pets indoors all day long.
Flea bites can cause itching and irritation at the site of the bite, but they’re not usually dangerous unless you’re allergic to flea saliva or have an infection from previous bites (such as Lyme disease).
How Harmful Are Cat Fleas?
There are many types of fleas, but they all have one thing in common: they live on the blood of their animal hosts. This means that cat fleas are parasites that need to feed on your cat to survive.
Parasites like these can cause discomfort and irritation for your cat, but they can also affect your health if you’re not careful. Cat fleas are known for spreading tapeworms and other diseases, so it’s important to get rid of them as soon as possible.
Can I Touch My Cat if It Has Fleas?
You can touch your cat if it has fleas, but you should always remember to wash your hands afterward.
Fleas are tiny parasites that live on the fur of cats, dogs, and other animals. They feed on blood from their host and can cause severe skin problems in pets and humans alike. The most common symptoms of an infestation include scratching and biting as well as hair loss around the neck or head.
If you’re worried about having fleas in your home, you should schedule a visit with your vet to get them checked out. The best way to avoid getting fleas in the first place is by keeping your house clean and washing any clothes before they come into contact with other items in your closet or drawers where they could hitch a ride onto someone else’s skin.
How to Get Rid of Fleas on Cats Fast
Fleas are a problem for cats, and they can be dangerous for your pet’s health. Fleas can cause anemia, tapeworms, and other parasites that are not good for your cat. They can also make it difficult for your pet to get around and even cause them to stop eating.
Luckily, there are many ways to get rid of fleas on cats fast. You can use a flea collar or pesticide spray to kill off the fleas, but these methods aren’t always practical or safe for animals or humans. There are other options, however.
List of Products to Get Rid of Fleas
There are many different products on the market that are designed to help get rid of fleas. Some of these products will kill adult fleas but not the eggs or larvae that hatch from those eggs. Others will kill all stages of the flea life cycle. You’ll want to look for a product that promises this when deciding which product is right for your needs.
Jump! / Slow Down for Sloths
Price : $0.99
Additional Info :
Rocco & Roxie Stain & Odor Eliminator for Strong Odor – Enzyme-Powered Pet Odor Eliminator for Home – Carpet Stain Remover for Cats and Dog Pee – Enzymatic Cat Urine Destroyer – Carpet Cleaner Spray
Price : $19.97 ($0.62 / Fl Oz)
- CERTIFIED GENTLE AND SAFE Chlorine free and color safe. Safe to use around pets and children. No hazardous propellants, no residue left behind. So gentle it’s been Certified Safe for all carpets, earning the Seal of Approval by the trusted Carpet and Rug Institute (CRI)
- ELIMINATES STAINS, ODORS AND RESIDUE If it’s gross, it’s gone. Not just the stain, but the stink. From stinky yellow pet urine and feces to vomit and other organic spills, our professional strength formula tackles them all.
- EVERY SURFACE, EVERY TIME For use on carpets, floors, furniture, clothing, litter boxes, kennels, carriers, all pet living and sleeping areas—anywhere stains happen.
- ENZYME ACTIVATED The key is getting to the problem deep-down. This spray contains natural enzymes that are activated on contact with odors and stains, feeding on ammonia crystals and organic matter until they are completely eliminated.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED An Amazon best seller—for a reason. If your stains and odors aren’t gone, neither is your money. We’ll refund it in full.
Additional Info :
Vet’s Best Flea and Tick Home Spray | Flea Treatment for Dogs and Home | Plant-Based Formula | 32 Ounces
Price : $9.97
- GENTLE PROTECTION: Vet’s Best Flea & Tick Home Spray uses certified natural ingredients to kill fleas, flea eggs, and ticks on contact.
- PROVEN EFFECTIVE: Whether facing an active infestation or are applying for routine prevention, our spray is scientifically proven effective against pests but gentle enough to use around the whole family.
- CERTIFIED NATURAL OILS: Each steam-distilled essential oil is selected for its potent pest-fighting properties and is 100% Certified Natural.
- TOTAL HOME DEFENSE: Applies easily on surfaces, indoors and out, including dog bedding, crates, furniture, blankets, upholstery, carpets, outdoor surfaces, and more. Also gentle enough to be applied directly on dogs and puppies 12 weeks or older.
- MADE IN THE USA: Our products are proudly manufactured in the USA with quality domestic and internationally sourced ingredients.
Additional Info :
PetArmor CAPACTION (nitenpyram) Oral Flea Treatment for Cats, Fast Acting Tablets Start Killing Fleas in 30 Minutes, Cats 2-25 lbs, 6 Doses
Price : $23.37
- FAST-ACTING: One oral flea tablet starts killing fleas within 30 minutes of administration.
- SAFE TO USE: This oral flea medication is safe for kittens and cats from 2-25 lbs. 4 weeks and older, when used as directed.
- TREAT RE-INFESTATIONS FAST: If your pet gets re-invested with fleas simply apply another dose as often as once a day. CapAction Flea Pills are even safe for use on pregnant or breeding cats.
- EASY TO USE: Without the mess and rubbing off of a flea and tick topical treatment and without the need of a veterinarian prescription this cat flea tablet is administered orally to kill adult fleas fast.
- KILL FLEAS EFFICIENTLY: CapAction flea treatment has 6 doses and kills adult fleas that may cause allergy dermatitis.
Additional Info :
CAPSTAR Oral Flea Treatment for Cats, Fast Acting Tablets Start Killing Fleas in 30 Minutes, Cats 2-25 lbs, 6 Doses
Price : $36.99
- FAST-ACTING FLEA TREATMENT: One oral flea tablet starts killing fleas within 30 minutes.
- TACKLE FLEA INFESTATIONS FAST: Give Capstar oral flea treatment and watch dead fleas fall off your pet.
- TREAT RE-INFESTATIONS FAST: If your pet gets re-invested with fleas, simply give another dose as often as once a day.
- WITHOUT A VET PRESCRIPTION: Flea treatment without needing a veterinarian prescription, administer this cat flea tablet orally to kill adult fleas fast.
- KILL ADULT FLEAS: Capstar oral flea treatment tablets (11.4 mg) are safe for cats and kittens from 2-25 lbs., four (4) weeks and older.
Additional Info :
There are a lot of great ways to get fleas off of your cat. You can try some natural methods like vinegar or essential oils, or you can go for the more traditional way of using flea and tick medication. No matter what you choose, you’ll be able to keep your kitty healthy and happy.