If you’ve ever been stung by a wasp or bee, then you know the feeling. The pain is so intense that you can’t help but scream and jump around like a kid in a candy store (it’s also possible I’ve been stung by a wasp that was not yet of age). I seem to get stung once a year (which is why I’m writing this article) but my wife seems to get stung at least twice every summer. We’ve all been there. We spend all day out in the sun, then one little sting from a wasp and we have this huge lump on our arm that looks like Popeye went and got himself stung by a vicious monster.
One of the worst things about being up at northern latitudes is that swarming wasps seem to find their way into your life. Swarming is a collective term to describe the seasonal activities of these flying pests. As the weather heats up and food sources become limited, the queen wasp will start to sporadically lay eggs, and soon there will be dozens of new wasps looking for something to eat. What is a wasp, you might be asking. A common name for a wasp is a hornet. These stinging insects are found all over the world and are, with their large body and wingspan, one of the largest insects in existence.
What To Do When Wasp Stings
Here’s how to get swelling down from a wasp sting.
1) Don’t panic. Wasps are serious business and they can hurt you if they sting you enough times, but if you keep your cool and act quickly, you should be able to take care of yourself in no time at all!
2) Wash the affected area with warm water and soap. This will help remove any venom that may still be on your skin after the sting has occurred and will also help prevent infection from developing in the wound caused by the sting itself!
3) Apply ice packs to reduce swelling as soon as possible after being stung by a wasp (this could help prevent an allergic reaction). Make sure not to apply too much pressure when applying ice packs—you don’t want them pressing too hard against your skin since this could cause more inflammation instead of less! If ice packs aren’t available then try using cool compresses made out of
List of Products For Wasp Sting Treatment
Price : $15.99 ($0.17 / Count)
- EFFECTIVE CARE – Gently draws out pus and impurities straight from the source. Made with medical-grade, highly absorbent hydrocolloid. Non-drying and hypoallergenic. Comes in 2 sizes (10mm and 12mm)
- INVISIBLE COVERAGE – Clear, matte finish and extra thin outer edge seamlessly blends in with all skin tones.
- STAYS ON SKIN ALL DAY, NIGHT – Tapered edges keep patches adhered to skin, while effectively covering spots.
- PROTECTS SKIN – Provides a protective barrier against irritants.
- VEGAN AND CRUELTY-FREE – No animal-derived ingredients. No animal testing.
- The Beurer BR60 Insect Sting and Bite Relief helps combat itching and swelling after insect bites by using heat to accelerate the healing process – insect bite relief from mosquitos, wasps, bugs, and bees.
- Non-toxic and safe to use, the Beurer BR60 Insect Sting and Bite Relief only uses heat and is suitable for pregnant women, you can avoid chemical products like bug bite creams or bug sprays
- The quick-warming ceramic plate is ready for use almost immediately and application takes just 3-6 seconds, depending on which of the 2 programs you’ve chosen – suitable for all ages and sensitive skin
- The Beurer BR60 Insect Sting and Bite Relief is EASY TO USE: Just Place the bug bite pen on the affected area, then press the button and wait 3-6 seconds until you hear the beep and the heating stops – super simple and easy to use
- The Beurer BR60 Insect Sting and Bite Relief is battery-operated, compact, and lightweight and is the ideal accessory for travel, camping and other outdoor activities – ready whenever you need it
- Mite-B-Gone Mite Cream & Bite Relief is a natural blend of micronized volcanic sulfur, nourishing essential oils and botanicals that bring quick itch relief from mites, bug bites, acne, seborrheic dermatitis, and eczema, as well as skin discomfort and irritations.
- Mite-B-Gone Mite Cream & Bite Relief is an extra strength cream which powerfully provides fast relief for itchy and irritated skin and is gentle enough to use all over the body daily to form a skin defense layer on your skin for added protection against skin irritations and bites.
- SUPER STRENGTH WITH PLANT-RICH BOTANICALS: Potent doses of volcanic sulfur and tea tree essential oil and soothe itchy burning skin, nourishing macadamia oil relieves itching and discomfort. Sunflower and other natural oils quickly penetrate and are absorbed by the skin barrier to work fast for your comfort. No preservatives, parabens, or petroleum, only safe and clean ingredients.
- Mite-B-Gone Mite Cream & Bite Relief are proudly small-batched by our skilled production technicians in our FDA-Registered Facility outside Atlanta, Georgia.
- Before application, please perform a small patch test first. Look for reaction or sensitivity to skin first before full-use. If a reaction or sensitivity occurs, discontinue use. Do not purchase if you are allergic to sulfa or sulfur-based products. This product contains sulfur.
- The Insect Sting & Itch Relief Stick can treat insect bite symptoms in a matter of seconds by heating up to 124°F; Warm enough to provide mosquito bite itch relief without damaging or burning your skin
- Localized precise heat can trigger a natural response from the body to reduce itching pain and swelling; It may take a few minutes for the symptoms to subside; Up to 300 uses per battery life
- Place ceramic tip on your bug bite; Select 3 or 5 seconds; Suggest starting with 3 sec to familiarize to temperature; Heat works to reduce itching and swelling; Use up to 5x per hour with 2 minutes in between
- Adult supervision required for children under 12; bite away is a FDA cleared dermatologically-tested medical device; Remove from skin if you feel any discomfort; Chemical-free treatment, no odor, no mess.
- Works simply via precise heat; Fast acting compact and portable relief from mosquitos wasps and bees. Please contact us if you need to return this product for any reason and we’d be happy to help.