In this post, I’m going to tell you how to kill fleas on my cat. As crazy as it may sound, fleas can be a serious problem for you and your pet. Fleas not only drive your cat nuts with discomfort (your cat will scratch like crazy), they also spread disease and cause anemia due to blood loss. Additionally fleas are drawn to your carpet, furniture, and other pets in the household. With all these nasty outcomes associated with fleas in your home, it’s no wonder we want them dead. First things first… Sick of killing fleas on your cat? I hear you. My cat suffered from a terrible infestation one time and I sure know that feeling. Thankfully, things got better after I read this article by other owner who also experienced flea problems. You’re going to want to read what this person has to say… Fleas are one of the most common pests in the world. Not only that but they are a pest to your cat and their health. I’m going to cover how to kill fleas on my cat, which is really the same thing as killing fleas on cats.
How To Kill Fleas On My Cat
Make sure you’re prepared for a flea infestation.
Before you begin, it’s important to be aware that fleas are not just a nuisance—they can also transmit diseases like tapeworm. If the infestation is bad enough, your cat may start scratching so much that she develops what’s known as flea allergy dermatitis (FAD).
So with that in mind, we recommend making sure you’re prepared for a flea infestation by keeping some common household items on hand:
- Environmental Protection Agency-approved insecticides/pesticides designed specifically for killing fleas on cats and dogs
- A hot water heater
- A steam cleaner
- A lint roller
Get rid of the fleas on your cat.
One of the best ways to get rid of fleas on your cat is by combing them. Place a flea comb in between her fur and gently brush in one direction, starting at the tail and working your way up. This will help you get rid of any pesky fleas that may be hiding there. You may also want to use a good quality shampoo or spray that contains an insecticide for added protection against future infestations.
This can be very effective when combined with other methods like using flea collars or topical products such as Advantage II® for Cats (imidacloprid + moxidectin). These products are applied once every month so they do not require any daily application making them ideal solutions if you don’t have time to give daily treatments but still want something effective enough to kill off any remaining bugs before they start laying eggs again!
Wash your cat’s bedding in hot water.
The first thing you should do is wash your cat’s bedding in hot water. This will kill any fleas or eggs that may be hiding there. You can use regular laundry detergent, or buy a flea-fighting soap from the pet store. When it comes to drying the bedding, follow these steps:
- Line dry outside (if possible)
- Dry on high heat in your dryer with no softener sheets
- If necessary, run through an extra dry cycle
Use an oral medication to kill off the rest of the fleas on your cat.
If your cat is too young or old to be treated with topical medication, or if he’s too sick to be treated with topical medication, oral medication is your best option.
Some veterinarians will prescribe oral flea preventatives as a first line of defense against fleas on your cat. This is especially true for very young kittens who may not be able to tolerate the harsh chemicals in a spot-on solution or the intense itching caused by flea collars. It’s also helpful when treating cats that are older than 6 months but still have sensitive skin and cannot tolerate spot-ons.
Use a topical medication to kill off any remaining fleas on your cat’s body.
Once you’ve finished bathing your cat, you can use a topical medication to kill off any remaining fleas on your cat’s body. It’s important to use a topical medication that is safe for cats and follow the directions exactly as written on the package or by your veterinarian. If you’re unsure of which product is best for your furry friend, ask their vet what they recommend (they’ll likely want to talk with you about how often it should be applied).
Once again, make sure that your cat’s fur is thoroughly wet before applying the medication so that it will stick well and absorb in deeply into the skin. The medication should stick better if it’s applied after shampooing as well. Once applied, comb out any loose fur so that only clean skin remains exposed when using this method—this way there will be no room left open for parasites like fleas or ticks!
Kill fleas on cats by cleaning their bedding first and then treating the animal with topical and oral medication.
- Clean the bedding.
- Treat your cat with topical flea medication, which kills fleas on the cat’s body, and oral medication, which kills fleas in the animal’s digestive tract.
- Treat both your pet and your home for a multi-pronged approach to killing fleas on cats
- Provides 8-months of continuous flea and tick prevention
- Seresto flea and tick collar for large dogs works through contact, so fleas and ticks do not have to bite your dog to die
- Veterinarian-recommended flea and tick prevention for dogs in a convenient, odorless and non-greasy collar; No need for messy monthly treatments
- Starts to repel and kill fleas within 24 hours of initial application
- Flea and tick collar for large dogs also helps treat and control sarcoptic mange and kills lice
Additional Info :
- GENTLE PROTECTION: Vet’s Best Flea & Tick Home Spray uses certified natural ingredients to kill fleas, flea eggs, and ticks on contact.
- PROVEN EFFECTIVE: Whether facing an active infestation or are applying for routine prevention, our spray is scientifically proven effective against pests but gentle enough to use around the whole family.
- CERTIFIED NATURAL OILS: Each steam-distilled essential oil is selected for its potent pest-fighting properties and is 100% Certified Natural.
- TOTAL HOME DEFENSE: Applies easily on surfaces, indoors and out, including dog bedding, crates, furniture, blankets, upholstery, carpets, outdoor surfaces, and more. Also gentle enough to be applied directly on dogs and puppies 12 weeks or older.
- MADE IN THE USA: Our products are proudly manufactured in the USA with quality domestic and internationally sourced ingredients.
Additional Info :
- The #1 name in flea & tick protection trusted by pet owners for over 20 years, this waterproof, fast-acting flea and tick treatment kills fleas, flea eggs, lice, and ticks, including those that may transmit Lyme disease.
- Designed for use only with cats and kittens, this long-lasting treatment is made for cats eight weeks or older, weighing 1.5 pounds or more.
- Made with two active ingredients, fipronil and (S)-methoprene, this treatment stops infestations and prevents new ones.
- Applied on a single point on your pet, the treatment rapidly covers your cat’s entire body and deposits in the sebaceous glands. These glands as a reservoir, continuously replenishing the treatment onto your pet, working even if your cat gets wet.
- One dose of FRONTLINE Plus lasts 30 days.
Additional Info :
- 6-month supply of advantage II topical large cat flea prevention
- Easy-to-apply and pre-measured flea treatment application tubes, fragrance-free and waterproof after 24 hours
- Advantage II large cat flea prevention kills fleas through contact, meaning fleas don’t have to bite your cat in order to die.Avoid contact with eyes or clothing
- Starts working within 12 hours and protects your cat for up to 30 days. Kills fleas in multiple life stages; Eggs, larvae and adults to break the flea life cycle
- Vet recommended, fragrance free and designed specifically to treat and prevent fleas on cats
Additional Info :
|Blacks & Grays
- KILLS & REPELS. A flea and tick preventative and a treatment, this pest-repellent spray is powered by natural essential oils and protects your pets and family.
- SPRAY & PLAY! Safe for cats, dogs and people of all ages, with no wait time for drying or reentry into sprayed areas and environments. Just attach directly to a garden hose, spray your backyard, and enjoy. Keep the bottle & Refill the sprayer with our Flea and Tick Spray Concentrate!
- TREATS UP TO 5,000 SQUARE FEET. Can be safely used on lawns, gardens, grass, patios, dog kennels, vegetables, flowers, siding, brick, paint and more. Treat an existing pest infestation or for prevention. Application coverage depends on water pressure and walking speed.
- NO HARSH CHEMICALS. No artificial colors, fragrances or harsh pesticides. Made in the USA from powerful, sustainable, plant-based ingredients. Safe when sprayed outdoors around pets, kids, and beneficial insects like bees and butterflies. Cruelty-Free and biodegradable. Keep the bottle & Refill the sprayer with our Flea and Tick Spray Concentrate!
- POWERFULLY EFFECTIVE WITH THE PUREST, NATURAL ESSENTIAL OILS. Powered by cedar oil, Wondercide is safe pest protection that’s proven to work, especially for flea, tick, and mosquito removal. Packaging May Vary.
Additional Info :