Bed bugs are common pests and over the years pest control companies have developed safe-to-use products for home use. This includes professional strength products that can get rid of infestations fast and effectively, but also those for the home user to tackle movements on their own. One very popular product used by individuals with bed bug infestations is Hot Shot Bed Bug Killer.
This product is designed to kill bed bugs quickly and easily without the use of harmful chemicals. It is safe for pets and children, so if you have any young ones who may be allergic to some common insecticides, this is a good option for you.
Hot Shot Bed Bug Killer comes in a spray bottle that contains pyrethrins, which are derived from chrysanthemum flowers. These insecticides work by attacking the nervous system of insects such as bed bugs and fleas, causing them to die almost immediately after coming into contact with these chemicals in their bodies (1). Pyrethrins are considered natural because they come from plants rather than being made artificially in laboratories like many other types of pesticides
HOW TO APPLY
Remove the protective cap and snip off the end of the applicator. Replace the protective cap after use. Use adequate ventilation and avoid breathing dust. Wear a suitable dust mask when using this product during prolonged exposure.
Bed Bugs: Disassemble the bed frame and remove the bedding. Do not apply the product to bedding. Apply this product to the bed frame, mattress, and box spring. Application to mattresses and box springs is intended for the treatment of seams, edges and tufts, creases, folds, indentations, buttons, and vent holes only. Do not treat the entire surface of the mattress or box spring. After four hours, vacuum the dust from the mattress. Also apply the product to cracks and crevices in the sleeping area, such as baseboards, behind pictures/wall hangings, along and underneath carpet edges, and other articles/furniture in the bedroom or sleeping area. Do not apply to stuffed animals or toys.
Fleas: Thoroughly treat floor and bedding in and around pet sleeping quarters. Treat surrounding cracks and crevices, baseboards, carpeting, and wherever fleas are suspected.
Cockroaches, Ants, Earwigs, Millipedes and Centipedes, Crickets, and Silverfish: Lightly coat a thin layer of Hot Shot® Bed Bug Killer Dust with Diatomaceous Earth in areas where these pests are found and may hide, such as cracks and crevices; behind and beneath refrigerators, cabinets, stoves, and garbage cans; in and around sewer pipes and drains; window frames and in attics and basements. Dust insects directly if possible. Repeat application when the dust is no longer present and insects are observed.
Carpet Beetles: Dust along baseboards and carpet edges; under carpeting and furniture; in closets and shelving where these insects are seen or suspected.
Cockroaches, Earwigs, Millipedes, Centipedes, Slugs, Grasshoppers, Ants, Crickets, and other crawling insects: Lightly coat areas where these insects are found or may hide, such as patios, planting beds, outdoor sills, window and door frames and outside of entranceways. Dust around foundations, along ant trails, and around sewer pipes and drains.
The product is based on natural pyrethrin, which is an extract from the chrysanthemum plant. The active ingredient in Hot Shot Bed Bug Killer is permethrin, a synthetic version of pyrethrin. Permethrin is a contact insecticide, meaning it only kills insects that come into direct contact with it. It does not affect animals or humans when used as directed.
The safety of Hot Shot Bed Bug Killer has been confirmed by the EPA and CDC as well as independent toxicologists and researchers.
Hazards to Humans and Domestic Animals
CAUTION. Causes moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with eyes or clothing. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco, or using the toilet.
If in Eyes: Hold your eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first five minutes, then continue rinsing eyes. Call a Poison Control Center or doctor for treatment advice.
To protect the environment, do not allow pesticides to enter or run off into storm drains, drainage ditches, gutters, or surface waters. Applying this product in calm weather when rain is not predicted for the next 24 hours will help to ensure that wind or rain does not blow or wash pesticide off the treatment area.
How Long Does Hot Shot Bed Bug Spray Last?
Hot Shot Bed Bug Spray is a super-strength insecticide that kills bed bugs and their eggs on contact. It’s waterproof and can kill bed bugs hiding in cracks, crevices, and furniture.
The spray lasts up to three months when applied to cracks, crevices, baseboards, furniture, and other locations where bed bugs may be hiding. To ensure you’re getting the most out of your product, it’s important to apply the spray directly to areas where you’ve seen bed bug activity (or suspect there might be some). You can also use the spray in conjunction with other insecticides or pest control products to help get rid of any unwanted pests in your home or business.
List Of Best Bed Bug Killer For Pets
One of the most common pests in homes is a bed bug. This can cause serious health issues in people and pets alike. To prevent any such problems, here are best bed bug killer to buy for home use.
ZappBug Heater Bed Bug Killer with Real Reviews Time-Tested Excellent Customer Service
- Effective against bed bugs in all life stages, including eggs, nymphs, and adults.
- Heat-only bed bug solution.
- Easy to use: One person set-up, load with items, and press on. Tent folds flat for storage.
- Large-size chamber. Measures 23″ x 37.5″ x 23″ treats luggage, toys, and more
- 1500-watt programable heater & wireless thermometer ensure necessary treatment time inside the chamber
Full Size SureGuard Box Spring Encasement – 100% Waterproof, Bed Bug Proof, Hypoallergenic – Premium Zippered Six-Sided Cover
- 100% Waterproof – Six-sided premium protection against everyday liquids and stains; 10-year quality guarantee
- Bed Bug Proof – Super fine zipper with Invisi-Zip and SureSeal technology completely seals off the box spring from bed bugs – use with a SureGuard Mattress Encasement
- Hypoallergenic – Keeps Your Box Spring Clean & Fresh – Blocks dust mites, mold, mildew, pollen and pet dander on all sides.
- Soft & Noiseless – Smooth stretch-knit surface hugs to your box-spring like a glove – Free from Vinyl, PVC, Phthalates, fire retardants and other toxic chemicals
- Full (54 in x 75 in) – Fits 8 to 11 inches deep; Zippered Box Spring Cover – Machine wash and dry. Independently lab tested and GREENGUARD Gold certified.
SenSci ActivVolcano Bed Bug Interceptors 4 Pack, Volcano Bed Bug Interceptor & ActivCR Bed Bug Lure – Bed Bug Traps for Home, Office, Hotels
- EFFECTIVE BED BUG TRAP: This top-notch bed bug interceptor is more accurate than traditional obtrusive visual inspections. The lure increases capture by 2-to-1!
- EASY TO USE BED BUG KIT: The bed bug traps are simple to install and inspect, maintenance free. Simply place the bed bug Volcano traps by the legs of your beds, in corners, along baseboards, or on any path where the bed bugs may travel.
- NOT A PESTICIDE: Are you looking for a safe and easy way to catch bed bugs? Unlike many bed bug traps for bed legs the ActiveVolcano is only an attractant designed to increase the probability that a bed bug monitor detects the presence of bed bugs.
- THE INNOVATION, NOT IMITATION: Our bedbug interceptor is designed and developed by leading bed bug expert Jeff White and backed by science. The SenSci Volcano bed bug interceptors make it easy for you to inspect and remove bed bugs with their clear bottom design.
- PEST PROFESSIONAL PRODUCT: Getting a bed bug infestation can be a nightmare, but help is on the way! SenSci ActivVolcano is the best early bed bug detection and bed bug prevention product that more pest professionals use for their treatments. Each kit includes four SenSci Volcano bed bug interceptors and four SenSci ActivCR bed bug lures.
Hot Shot Bed Bug Killer is safe for pets. It’s important to be careful when using any kind of chemical treatment, so you should always follow the product directions carefully and wear an appropriate mask. If you have any questions about whether a product is safe for your pet, contact your veterinarian.