Mosquito repellents are very important when traveling to Japan. Some of the most annoying, biting, and dangerous pests found in Japan include mosquitoes. They can enter almost all houses, shops, restaurants, and places of stay. The main problem is that they tend to feed on your blood during the night and leave you with a painful sensation, itchiness, and red bumps. There are a few efficient ways to rid your body of these nasty creatures. However, rather than trying half-baked medications, simply choose Japan Mosquito Repellent instead.
Mosquitoes are a huge problem in Japan. It’s not only that they are annoying and bite you, but they can spread diseases like dengue fever and malaria. There is a huge range of mosquito repellent lotions/sprays that work at keeping mosquitoes away. But finding one can be tricky as there are so many options available. That’s why I’ve done reviews on the best mosquito repellents I could find, to guide your purchasing decision.
Who likes mosquitos? No one, right? This is why, in many countries like the United States, there are a large number of stores dedicated to repelling mosquitos. However, in Japan, most people don’t repel mosquitos – they eat them. Yup. In Japan, you can buy all kinds of mosquito-related products including ones that contain the blood of slaughtered mosquitos. In this article we’ll look at some common Japanese mosquito repellents you may be interested in trying out for yourself.
How Do the Japanese Deal With Mosquitoes?
In Japan, mosquitoes are not a big problem. The Japanese have developed a device called a “mosquito repellent” that is on sale in many stores. It works by emitting the sound of bats and other insects that mosquitoes avoid. Many Japanese people hang up these devices in their homes, restaurants, and offices to avoid being bitten by mosquitoes. Some people even carry them around with them when they go out for walks or picnics so that they can enjoy their time outdoors without being bothered by mosquitoes.
Mosquitoes are not just annoying pests; they can also be dangerous creatures. They carry diseases such as malaria and dengue fever, so it’s important to keep them away from us as much as possible.
Do You Need Mosquito Repellent in Japan?
The short answer is no.
Japan has been mosquito-free for centuries, and there are no native species of mosquitoes here. While it’s true that there are some types of mosquitoes that have made their way across the ocean, they aren’t native to Japan and they haven’t established populations here.
This means that there is no risk of contracting malaria, dengue fever, or any other mosquito-borne illness in Japan. And the reason for this? Japanese mosquitoes can’t survive in our climate. They’re cold-blooded creatures who rely on warm temperatures to thrive, which means that even if one did happen to make it across the ocean and somehow establish itself here, it would quickly freeze to death and die off before it could cause any damage.
How Bad Are the Mosquitoes in Japan?
The mosquitoes in Japan are pretty bad, but they’re nowhere near as bad as the mosquitos in other parts of Asia. For example, the mosquito population in China is so dense that it’s been described as “mosquito soup.”
In Japan, mosquitoes aren’t quite that bad. They tend to be found in forests and meadows rather than cities or towns, and they aren’t very aggressive, they’ll only bite if you get too close to them.
Do the Japanese Use Mosquito Nets?
Yes, Japanese people use mosquito nets. In fact, they have been using them for hundreds of years.
In Japan, the most common type of mosquito net is called a kanzashi. Kanzashi are circular in shape and made from layers of silk. The material used to make kanzashi is called shibori. Shibori is a type of cloth that has been tightly bound with string or twine to create patterns in the fabric. These patterns usually show up as squares or diamonds on the surface of the fabric. They are very beautiful.
Kanzashi are often worn at night by women who sleep in rooms without doors (called tatami rooms). Since these rooms have no doors or windows, they cannot be closed off from mosquitoes during the night hours when they come out to bite humans (this is called anopheles). So it is extremely important that everyone inside these rooms wears a kanzashi over their heads while they sleep. This will protect them from getting bitten while they sleep.
List of Japan Mosquito Repellent
Japan Mosquito Repellent is a product that you can use to protect yourself from mosquitoes. It has been proven to be effective in repelling mosquitoes, and it is safe to use.
The product contains all-natural ingredients that are safe for humans, pets, and the environment.
三陶(Santo) Banko Ware 08853 Mini Mosquito Repellent Incense, Pig, Mosquito Repeller, Mosquito Repellent Incense Holder, Stand, White, Height 4.3 inches (11 cm), Made in Japan
- A mosquito repellent device that is known for its high heat resistance and not easy to break. It has low thermal conductivity and is difficult to get hot. The cylindrical shape allows the smoke to be dispensed slightly from the small mouth of the pig so your room won’t be too smoked
- In the story, the mosquito killer uses a fire, and the “pig” inspired by boar with fire retardants is inherited in the heritage of traditional crafts and remains still in the modern day
- It can be used with regular mini-sized mosquito coils up to 3.9 inches (10 cm) in diameter
- Size (W x H x D): Approx. 4.5 x 4.3 inches (11.5
- Weight: Approx. 11.8 oz (320
- Material: Ceramic
- Made in Japan
Additional Info :
W4W Mosquito Repellent Coils – Outdoor Use Reaches Up to 10 feet – Each Coil Burns for 5-7 Hours (Three Pack Contains 12 coils & 6 Coil Stands)
- 3 Pack (Contains 12 coils & 6 coil stands)
- Each Coil Burns for 5 – 7 Hours
- One Coil covers up to 10 feet
- This Mosquito insect repellent Should be Used only outdoors. It is perfect to use for Patios, porches, Camping trips, Pool areas, backyards, and any outdoor activities
Additional Info :
RiptGear Mosquito Repellent Patches – 78 Pack of Bug Repellent Stickers for Kids and Adults, Natural Mosquito Repellent Sticker, Citronella Patch Sticks to Any Surface – DEET Free Mosquito Repellent
- CITRONELLA PATCH: Infused with citronella oil, these patches help repel mosquitos and do not kill them. Citronella works naturally to mask the scents of carbon dioxide and lactic acid that mosquitos are attracted to.
- MOSQUITO PATCH STICKERS: The patches are made using all-natural plant-based ingredients. They are 100% DEET-free. When you notice the citronella scent has faded, you should discard the patch as it has lost its effectiveness.
- STICK THEM ANYWHERE: The RiptGear insect repellent stickers are great for children and adults. You can apply them to your clothing, tables, backpacks, and even strollers. You should not apply these directly to your skin. They were designed to work in all weather conditions.
- CONVENIENT BUG REPELLENT: The small stickers are perfect for traveling and can be packed in a purse, suitcase, or backpack. The patches come in a resealable bag to ensure they are always fresh, effective, and ready for use.
- MOSQUITO REPELLENT FOR KIDS: These unique insect patches are an excellent alternative to bug spray, bracelets, or bands to prevent the chance of bug bites while being outdoors. Enjoy protection from insects without having to reapply citronella spray.
Additional Info :
Thermacell Mosquito Repellent Refills; Compatible with Any Fuel-Powered Thermacell Repeller; Highly Effective, Long Lasting, No Spray, No Scent, No Mess; 15-Foot Zone of Mosquito Protection
- EFFECTIVE MOSQUITO REPELLENT FORMULA: Thermacell Mosquito Repellent creates a 15-foot zone of protection against mosquitoes. This 72-hour refill pack is compatible with all fuel-powered Thermacell repellers (except the Backpacker).
- HEAT-ACTIVATED TECHNOLOGY: No cords or batteries. Powered by a safe and compact 12-hour fuel cartridge. Emits scent-free repellent that drives away mosquitoes. Unscented repellent mats last up to 4 hours each and change color when the time to replace.
- EFFECTIVELY REPEL WITHOUT SPRAY OR SCENT: Repel mosquitoes without DEET sprays or lotions on your skin. No smoke, flames, or harsh odors like citronella. Enjoy max protection in 15 minutes. No mess and easy to refill.
- PLANT-INSPIRED REPELLENT FORMULA: Our synthetic allethrin formula is inspired by repellent extracts found in plants. Independently tested and EPA-reviewed for safety & effectiveness. People and pet friendly.
- THERMACELL GUARANTEE: Backed by the Thermacell Satisfaction Guarantee. See packaging for details. Includes six 12-hour fuel cartridges and eighteen 4-hour repellent mats.
Additional Info :
Mosquito Repellent Incense Sticks 50 Pieces per Box, Repellent for Patio /Natural Ingredients Citronella Oil/Lemongrass Oil/Made with Natural Based Essential – DEET Free – Mosquito Repellent Outdoor
Price: $14.99 ($0.30 / Count)
- ★ DEARTAGNAN MOSQUITO INCENSE STICKS 50 PIECES
- ★ REPELLENT INCENSE STICKS Are 50 STICK With Burnt Time of 40-45 MIN Approximately (wind May Reduce Burn Time) You Will Receive 50 Repellent Incense Sticks
- ★ NATURAL INGREDIENTS made with plant-based ingredients- DEET FREE and pet-friendly – Smell Pleasant While Deterring Unwanted Guests / DEET FREE — Our Repellent Incense sticks are completely DEET FREE.
- ★ MOSQUITOS OUTDOOR PROTECTION our repellent incense sticks are useful to deter mosquitoes, especially around your favorite outdoor spaces – swimming pool, backyard, porch, patio, camping, picnic, fishing or just working at the garage during mosquito season.
- ★ MOSQUITO REPELLENT FOR PATIO OR ANY OUTDOOR ACTIVITY: Ideal mosquito protection while outdoors: whether at home on the patio, deck, or backyard; at the park, beach, or pool deck; while camping, fishing, or enjoying any other outdoor events.
Additional Info :
Japan Mosquito Repellents are the best way to keep those pesky mosquitoes away. Japan Mosquito Repellents have been around since 1980, and they have a great reputation. They have a variety of repellent options, so whether you’re at home or on the go, there’s something for everyone.