Fleas are one of the most common pests in households, and they can be incredibly difficult to get rid of. They have evolved to be so good at hiding that they’re almost impossible to see without a microscope. They can live off of the blood of any number of different animals, including cats, dogs, and humans. They are also known to carry certain diseases like Bartonella or other bacterial infections that can make your pet sick.
Lemongrass is a common ingredient in many home remedies for fleas. It has been used by people for centuries to treat both the symptoms and causes of flea infestations, and it’s also been shown to be effective against other pests like ants and mosquitoes. The essential oil from lemongrass contains citral, which is an insecticide that will repel fleas from your home.
Lemongrass can also be used as an all-natural flea repellent for your pets. It’s safe to use on cats and dogs over 6 weeks old, so you can even use it on puppies or kittens if needed.
Can I Spray My Dog With Lemongrass?
Yes, you can spray your dog with lemongrass.
Lemongrass is a common ingredient in dog shampoos and conditioners because it contains phytochemicals that have anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties. It’s also known to kill fleas and ticks.
However, there are some things you should know before attempting to use lemongrass on your dog. First, make sure that your dog does not have any allergies to lemongrass or other essential oils. You should also avoid applying it directly to the skin if your dog has sensitive skin or a compromised immune system.
How to Make Lemongrass Oil
Making lemongrass oil is a simple process that can be done in your own home. The first step to making lemongrass oil is to gather the ingredients you need, which include:
- Lemongrass leaves
- Olive oil or coconut oil (or another carrier oil)
Once you have gathered all of your ingredients, you’ll need to chop up at least 2 cups of lemongrass leaves and put them in a large bowl or pitcher. You can also add other herbs and spices if you’d like. Next, pour enough olive oil or coconut oil over the chopped-up lemongrass leaves so that they are completely submerged in the liquid.
Now that you have everything ready, put the mixture into a jar with a lid and shake it vigorously for about 30 seconds until all of the ingredients are well combined. Then let it sit for 10 minutes so that all of the flavors infuse together and get absorbed by the oil before straining it through cheesecloth or another type of fine filter material so that only pure essential oils remain behind. Finally, pour this new concoction into an empty spray bottle or mister container so that it’s ready for use whenever needed.
Is Lemongrass Oil Good for Fleas
Lemongrass oil is a natural flea repellent and can be used to kill fleas on your pet. It is also beneficial in that it helps to keep the fleas away from you, your home, and other areas where you may come into contact with them.
Lemongrass oil contains lemongrass extract, which is made from dried grass leaves. The oil from this grass is used to make soap and has been a popular ingredient in many household cleaning products for decades. Lemongrass oil is also used in aromatherapy as an insecticide, as well as a treatment for head lice.
When using lemongrass oil for fleas you should apply it directly to your pet’s fur or skin to get rid of them completely. This will prevent the fleas from biting you or your pets while they are trying to get rid of them. You can also use this oil as part of a homemade spray that will keep these insects away from your home or yard altogether.
List of Top Products For Fleas
Fleas are a common problem in homes and on animals, but it can be hard to know what to do about them. Here we’ll look at some of the most effective products for getting rid of fleas in the home and on your pets.
Seresto Large Dog Vet-Recommended Flea & Tick Treatment & Prevention Collar for Dogs Over 18 lbs. | 8 Months
Price : $63.98
- Vet-recommended, premium flea & tick protection for dogs & puppies without the price tag
- Long-lasting flea collar kills & repels fleas for 8 continuous months
- Seresto is the #1 selling non-prescription flea & tick brand, stocked by 8,000 vet clinics (Elanco Animal Health, data on file)
- Starts working within 24 hours to kill & repel fleas by contact so pests don’t have to bite your dog to die
- Hassle-free, non-greasy, easy-to-use flea & tick protection
Bayer 4031982B Suspend 16oz, White
Price : $56.81
- Broad-spectrum control of more than 50 nuisance pests
- Effective knockdown with a long residual
- No odor, no visible residue
- Package Dimensions: 3.1 L x 27.7 H x 18.0 W (centimeters)
Flea and Tick Prevention for Dogs, Flea Collar for Dogs, Natural Dog Flea Collar, 1 Size Fits All, 25 inch, 8 Month Protection – 3 Pack
- Protection for 8 month – flea and tick collar for dogs protect your pet or puppy from flea and ticks 24h 7 days a week during 8 months.
- More powerful – new formula. More effective flea and tick prevention for dogs than other collars and still hypoallergenic for you and your pet.
- Age for using – you can start use collar from 3 month age of your pet. You can use our collar for small, medium and large dogs.
- Waterproof – continues to be effective after bathing and playing in the rain.
- Charity – with every sold collar we donate to organizations that are engaged in saving animals. Help us to give them hope!
Lemongrass is a great way to get rid of fleas. It can be used in many different ways, and it’s non-toxic, so it won’t hurt your pet. The best method is to combine the lemongrass oil with water and use it as an insect-repellent spray. If you want to take it a step further, you can add some lemon juice to the mix and make a spray that will also kill ticks and other bugs.