Do you have a dog that loves to roll around in the mud and chew on rocks? It is a given that your dog will smell bad, but it is not something that you can control. If you want to keep your dog from smelling, then you will want to look into natural repellents for dogs.
Natural repellents for dogs are made of ingredients that are completely safe for your pet, but they also work effectively as well. When choosing a natural repellent for your dog, make sure that it includes ingredients such as peppermint oil or citronella oil. These two oils have been proven effective when it comes to keeping away mosquitoes and fleas because they contain an ingredient called citronella which helps repel insects.
You can also try using essential oils like eucalyptus or lavender if these are available in your area since these essential oils are very effective when it comes to keeping away bugs as well as other pests such as mice and rats so they will work great on dogs too. However, if none of these essential oils are available where you live then there are other options such as cedar shavings or diatomaceous earth which also help repel bugs.
What Is the Best Homemade Dog Repellent?
The dog repellent you choose should be based on the type of problem you’re trying to solve.
If you’re looking for a general repellent that will deter dogs from using your yard as a bathroom, try using cayenne pepper or chili powder sprinkled around your lawn. The smell is unpleasant to most dogs and will keep them away. If your dog is digging up flower beds or other areas where he shouldn’t be, try placing some loose dirt over the area he likes to dig.
If you want a more long-term solution and don’t mind spending a little money, try sprinkling some mothballs around the perimeter of your house or yard. The smell will repel all kinds of animals, including cats, rats, and mice. You can also purchase granules from most pet stores that contain natural ingredients such as blood meal and garlic powder that will work just as well if not better than moth balls with no harmful chemicals involved whatsoever.
What Scent Will Keep Dogs Away?
There are many ways to keep dogs away from your yard or your house. The easiest way is to make sure that you have a fence around your property, but if you don’t have one, there are still things you can do.
One thing that you might consider is using citronella oil as a scent repellent. Citronella oil comes from a plant in Asia called Cymbopogon nardus, and it has been used for centuries as a natural insect repellent. It works by making insects think that the smell of citronella is toxic, so they stay away from it. This same principle can be applied to dogs as well, they may associate citronella with something dangerous and stay away from it.
If this doesn’t work for you, try using peppermint oil instead. Peppermint oil has been shown to have similar effects on insects as citronella oil does, so it might also work well for keeping dogs out of your yard or house.
What Smell Repels Dogs From Pooping?
When a dog poops in your yard, it’s not just gross. It’s also a sign that the dog has been there before. And if the dog keeps coming back, it means they’re marking their territory. But what if you could get rid of that smell and keep them away?
Well, you can. There are a few things you can use to make sure your yard smells less like Fido’s favorite place to do his business.
First, try some vinegar. Vinegar is an acid and has a strong smell, so it’ll help mask any lingering odor from Fido’s previous visits. You can spray this anywhere that dogs have been known to mark before: trees or fences or even your own shoes.
Second, try baking soda. It’s another substance that has a strong odor and might be enough to keep dogs away from where they’ve made their mark before. You can sprinkle this around too, it works especially well if you sprinkle it on top of the poop itself. Just make sure it doesn’t touch any plants or grass because it could damage them over time if left alone for too long (if at all).
What Can I Sprinkle to Keep Dogs Away?
The easiest way to keep dogs away is by sprinkling pepper or cayenne pepper around your property. The smell will keep them from approaching and it’s safe for your plants if you use a little bit.
If you want something more natural, try putting dried orange peel around your property. The smell is very strong and will keep dogs away.
You can also try some lavender essential oil or lemon essential oil around the perimeter of your home. These two oils are very effective at keeping dogs off of your lawns, but be careful because they will also keep cats away as well.
What Can I Use to Stop My Dog From Peeing and Pooping in the House?
If your dog is peeing in the house, it’s not just a matter of bad manners. There are a few things you can do to stop them from doing it again.
The first thing you need to do is make sure that there’s no medical issue with your dog. Your vet may be able to help you with this, but if they’re not able to find anything wrong with them, it’s time to start investigating what might be causing the behavior.
Some dogs simply mark their territory by peeing on things, so if you have a new baby in the house or someone else has moved in, that could be why they’re doing it. If this is the case, try and set some boundaries around where they can go and what they can do while they’re in the house.
If this doesn’t work, try adding more water to their diet. Dogs need lots of water every day because it helps them stay hydrated and keeps their digestive system healthy. If your dog isn’t getting enough water from their food or from outside sources then they may be peeing inside because they don’t feel like going outside for relief.”
list of Natural Dog Repellent
The best way to keep your dog safe is to prevent them from eating harmful plants or getting into trouble in the first place. That’s why we’ve put together this list of natural dog repellent options, so you can choose the right one for your pup and make sure it doesn’t come into contact with anything that could cause harm.
Vet’s Best Mosquito Repellent for Dogs and Cats | Repels Mosquitos with Certified Natural Oils | Deet Free | 8 Ounces
- SAFE AND EFFECTIVE: Vet’s Best Mosquito Repellent repels mosquitoes without the use of DEET.
- NATURAL INGREDIENTS: Unique blend of certified natural oils including Lemongrass Oil and Geraniol (from Citronella plants).
- SAFE FOR DOGS AND CATS: Can be used on dogs and cats 12 weeks or older. Also great for the whole family.
- USE AS NEEDED: Reapply every two hours or as needed for optimal protection.
- MADE IN THE USA: Our products are proudly manufactured in the USA with quality domestic and internationally sourced ingredients.
Additional Info :
Bug Soother Spray (2, 8 oz) – Natural Insect, Gnat, and Mosquito Repellent & Deterrent – DEET-Free – Safe Bug Spray for Adults, Kids, Pets, & Environment – Made in the USA – Includes 1 oz. Travel Size
Price: $19.99 ($1.18 / Fl Oz)
- SUPER EFFECTIVE: Natural Bug Soother repels gnats, no-see-ums, sand fleas, black flies, and some mosquitoes. May require more frequent application and may need to be rubbed in. There are over 175 varieties of mosquitoes in the US (over 3,000 worldwide). Bug Soother is effective for some types of mosquitoes. Our customers have reported that Bug Soother can defend against fruit flies, fleas, and more. We’ve even heard of Bug Soother shielding roses from Japanese beetles.
- PREMIUM INGREDIENTS: Bug Soother is a natural insect repellent made with simple, skin-loving ingredients: Purified Water, Glycerin, Castor Oil, and Vitamin E blended using Soy Lecithin, a natural emulsifier used in foods. Lemongrass is 100% Pure Essential Oil, blended with vanilla for an amazing scent that people love, but bugs hate.
- FAVORITE USES: Bug Soother is commonly used when fishing, hiking, biking, golfing, farming, or when you’re simply enjoying some sunshine in your backyard. Bug Soother works in your defense by repelling the irritating insects that can cut your outdoor time short.
- VERSATILITY: Bug Soother is used the most often by outdoor enthusiasts, kids, and pets. Some customers use Bug Soother on their farm animals such as horses and chickens. One even uses it for his tiger to ensure his pal is bug-free.
- BUG SOOTHER FAMILY GUARANTEE: Bug Soother is proudly made in America by Simply Soothing, a woman-owned family business in rural Iowa. We have been creating unique, handmade products for over 15 years, with an emphasis on high quality for a reasonable price. If for any reason you are unsatisfied with your Bug Soother, please contact us and we will be sure to make it right.
Additional Info :
Wondercide – Flea, Tick and Mosquito Spray for Dogs, Cats, and Home – Flea and Tick Killer, Control, Prevention, Treatment – with Natural Essential Oils – Pet and Family Safe – Lemongrass 4 oz
- KILLS & REPELS. Using natural essential oils, this spray is proven to kill by contact and repel and prevent 98-100% of fleas, ticks, and mosquitoes. It eliminates the entire pest life cycle, including eggs, larvae, and adults.
- TREAT NATURE WITH NATURE. A safe and effective alternative to collars, pills, chewables, and drops that are powered by nature. Holistic vet approved. Enjoy worry-free peace of mind knowing your pets and home are protected with our non-harsh formula.
- SAFE FOR DOGS, AND CATS OF ALL AGES. Gentle enough to use on puppies, kittens, and senior pets as often as needed, yet powerful enough to fully eliminate pests on the skin and fur. Safe to use around the entire family. Kid-safe. Mom owned, Mom approved.
- 3-IN-1 PLANT-BASED SOLUTION. For dogs, cats, and home. A home remedy that kills fleas throughout the house on carpet, furniture, bedding, and flooring. Also a repellent in pet environments like dog kennels or cat condos. Invigorating Lemongrass scent freshens homes.
- POWERFULLY EFFECTIVE. Powered by nature and proven to work. Give your pet the best advantage in protection against fleas and ticks with our non-harsh formula. Cruelty-free, biodegradable, and Made in the U.S.A.
Additional Info :
Vet’s Best Flea and Tick Repellent Collar for Dogs | Pest Repellent Dog Collar | Dog Flea & Tick Treatment with Certified Natural Oils | Up to 20” Neck Size, 0.8 Ounce (Pack of 1)
- PROVEN EFFECTIVE UP TO 4 MONTHS: Whether facing an active infestation or wearing it for routine prevention, our repellent dog collar is scientifically proven effective against pests but gentle enough to wear around the whole family.
- NO HARSH CHEMICALS: Vet’s Best Flea + Tick Repellent Collar for Dogs repels fleas and ticks without harsh chemicals and is made in the USA with US and globally-sourced ingredients.
- CERTIFIED NATURAL OILS: Each steam-distilled essential oil is selected for its potent pest-fighting properties and is 100% Certified Natural.
- DESIGNED FOR DOGS: Specially designed for dogs, our Flea + Tick Repellent collar is free of Phthalates & PVC, is water resistant, and has an adjustable neck sizing up to 20 inches.
- ALL OVER PROTECTION: Vet’s Best Flea + Tick Repellent Collar for Dogs repels fleas and ticks and protects your dog from the unpleasant itching and side effects of flea infestation.
Additional Info :
Bonide Go Away! Rabbit, Dog, & Cat Repellent Granules, 3 lbs Ready-to-Use, Keep Dogs off Lawn, Garden, Mulch & Flower Beds
- Go Away! Rabbit, Dog & Cat Repellent Granules by Bonide effectively and naturally repel animals and deter them from forbidden areas in your yard, lawn, and garden.
- Use this product as a training aid, While this product is an animal behavior modification tool, it may need to be supplemented with other behavior modification techniques to break domestic animals and pets of existing bad habits.
- Natural active ingredients are people and pet-safe when used as directed. Cinnamon oil and Thyme oil act as a natural deterrent to keep cats, dogs, and rabbits out of your garden.
- Protect yard, lawn, garden, flowerbeds, trees, and shrubs. Natural essential oils are biodegradable and will not harm desirable plants around your home.
- Go Away! Animal Repellent Granules arrive conveniently and are ready to use. The easy-to-use dispenser cap allows you to evenly distribute pellets throughout your outdoor space to begin pest control.
Additional Info :
Natural Dog Repellent makes use of natural, non-toxic ingredients to keep dogs away from your garden and lawn. The recipe for the all-natural repellent has been used for centuries by farmers and homeowners throughout Asia, Africa, and the Middle East. It’s safe for humans, pets, and even birds.
Unlike chemical-based repellents that can harm your plants over time and attract bees and other insects, Natural Dog Repellent will not harm any living thing—including you.