Do you have a bug problem? Are fruit flies bothering you? If you do then you might be interested in some natural products to repel fruit flies. There is a lot of products available on the market but they leave your home smelling bad and the flies still come back. Other products don’t work at all so in this article I’m going to let you know some of the best methods that will get rid of them for good along with some simple homemade recipes for repelling fruit flies.
Here is not the easiest way to get rid of Fruit Flies. Just remember that these pesky creatures are hungry for any fruit or berry they can devour and if you happen to have some extra fruit around, they’ll be on it in a second.
How many times have you found a bunch of fruit flies hovering around your fruits, instead of your fresh Danish on the counter. It’s enough to make anyone feel like throwing their hands up in the air and wondering if they will ever get rid of those pesky little creatures buzzing around the frosting. But never fear, there are ways to keep them out of your home and not create a flying frenzy in your kitchen.
Pest control is essential to have a clean and healthy environment. This can be easily achieved with the help of some natural home remedies that are as good as as chemical-based solutions.
Fruit flies are a common problem for gardeners and farmers alike. They can infest vegetables or fruits, and they’re especially problematic when it comes to blueberries, tomatoes, and other fruit.
Fruit fly repellent is an effective way to keep fruit flies away from your crops without using harmful chemicals or traps. Fruit fly repellent is made from natural ingredients that are safe for humans and animals, but still ward off fruit flies from your plants.
What Is a Natural Deterrent for Fruit Flies?
Fruit flies are a common problem in homes and businesses. They can be found wherever there are fruits or vegetables, including garbage disposal units, garbage cans, and compost heaps. Fruit flies are attracted to the sweet smell of rotting fruit and vegetables, as well as other organic matter.
The best way to get rid of fruit flies is with a natural deterrent. There are many different types of natural deterrents, but most of them have similar ingredients and work in similar ways: they contain chemicals that repel pests from your home or business. The most common ingredients used in natural fruit fly repellents include orange oil, lemon oil, peppermint oil, cinnamon oil, cloves oil (eugenol), cinnamon sticks (cinnamon), cloves (eugenol), garlic powder and peppermint extract.
To make your own natural repellent for fruit flies, fill a spray bottle with water and add about 10 drops of any of these essential oils into the bottle; shake gently until mixed together then spray on areas where you see fruit flies congregating (such as garbage disposals). If desired you can also add some additional ingredients: 1 tsp baking soda per cup water plus 15 drops eucalyptus oil per cup water will help keep kitchen drains from getting clogged up.
What Smell Keeps Fruit Flies Away?
Fruit flies are a common nuisance in homes and restaurants. They can be especially problematic when you’re growing your own fruits and vegetables, as they can damage the crops by laying their eggs on them. It is important to keep them away from your plants so that they do not eat or lay eggs on them.
There are many ways to keep fruit flies away, but one of the most effective ways is with the smell of vinegar. Fruit flies do not like this smell, so if you spray vinegar on your plants and around your home, it will help deter them from coming near you. The vinegar will also kill any eggs that are already laid on your crops or plants, which means that it is a great way to prevent future infestations of fruit flies.
What Is the Fastest Easiest Way to Get Rid of Fruit Flies?
Fruit flies are a common household pest, and they can be incredibly annoying. They get into your house and lay eggs on fruit, which then hatch into their larvae and start eating your food. This can cause mold or other issues with your food that you may not even notice until it’s too late. The good news is that there are a lot of ways to get rid of fruit flies.
The fastest and easiest way to get rid of fruit flies is by using vinegar. You can mix vinegar with water in a spray bottle, or you can put the vinegar in a bowl and float slices of cucumber in it. Either way, the vinegar will attract the flies and drown them when they try to drink from it. It’s important that you don’t use dish soap or bleach when trying to kill these bugs because they will just dehydrate and then die outside instead of inside where they belong.
What Homemade Spray Kills Fruit Flies?
Fruit flies are an annoying problem that can be difficult to get rid of. Luckily, there are plenty of homemade solutions that will help you get rid of these pests for good.
The first thing you need to do is find out what kind of fruit fly you have. If it’s a vinegar fly, then using vinegar will work great. If it’s a blueberry maggot, then using borax and water is a great solution. If you don’t know what kind of fly you’re dealing with, try mixing water, vinegar and dish soap together into a spray bottle and spraying it on all surfaces where you’ve seen them congregating.
Fruit flies love warm environments so keeping your house cool by turning off lights and keeping windows closed can help keep them away as well.
list of Natural Fruit Fly Repellent
The fruit fly is a small, brown fly that can be found in most homes. Fruit flies are attracted to ripening fruits and vegetables, which they lay their eggs in. If you have a problem with fruit flies in your home, you can use natural repellents to keep them away.
Price : $18.72
Additional Info :
Price : $11.99 ($0.75 / Fl Oz )
- THE NATURAL WAY TO TRAP AND KILL FRUIT FLIES: Keep your kitchen clear of a pesky fruit fly infestation.
- NO PLASTIC TRAPS NEEDED: We know you care about the planet. This product is designed to be used in your own container, a small glass bowl or ramekin will do. No more plastic in the landfill.
- HOW IT WORKS: Simply pour the liquid into a small dish and place near fruit or compost. The flies go in and never come out. When you’ve caught all the little buggers, just pour the liquid (and the flies) down the drain. Bye Bye Fruit Flies.
- SAFE INDOORS AND OUT: Keeping your family, pets, and food safe is a non-negotiable. Rest assured our product is completely non-toxic and can be used anywhere fruit flies are breeding.
- PROVEN VALUE MADE LOCALLY: Each bottle is produced right here in USA and contains 16 oz. of solution that will last all season depending on usage. Thoughtfully packaged and Earth Friendly.
Additional Info :
Wondercide Natural Products – Indoor Pest Control Spray for Home and Kitchen – Fly, Ant, Spider, Roach, Flea, Bug Killer and Insect Repellent – Eco-Friendly, Pet and Family Safe — 32 oz Peppermint
Price : $34.99 ($1.09 / FL Oz)
- KILLS & REPELS. A preventative and a treatment, this pet-safe insect spray kills and repels indoor pests and keeps your home pest-free. Kills flying, crawling, biting and stinging pests including ants, roaches, spiders, flies, fleas, ticks, wasps, scorpions, mosquitoes, fruit flies, silverfish, moths, gnats, carpet beetles, earwigs, palmetto bugs, waterbugs.
- PROTECT YOUR HOME. This versatile bug control spray is also an indoor flea treatment and flea killer for your home. It kills fleas in carpet, furniture, bedding and flooring, and eliminates adults, eggs, and larvae in the home without staining.
- SAFE FOR DOGS & CATS. Pet-friendly, this spray is gentle enough to use several times a week around your loved ones, throughout the house, yet powerful enough to fully eliminate pests and provide lasting defense of your household from invading insects.
- PLANT-BASED AND POWERFULLY EFFECTIVE. Using natural essential oils, this spray is a safe alternative to electronic bug zappers, lights, traps, powders, granules and conventional pesticides. No artificial colors, fragrances or harsh chemicals. Biodegradable. Cruelty-Free.
- EASY-TO-USE. This eco-friendly biopesticide can be sprayed easily around the home, throughout the kitchen, bathroom, and any other living areas. Simply spray around windows, doors, baseboards, under sinks, in cabinets, and around appliances. Works great for dog kennels and cat condos, too. Spray as often as desired for a pest-free home. Made in the USA from naturally-derived ingredients and safe around children. Safe when used as directed.
Additional Info :
Fruit Fly & Drain Fly Killer – Simple Commercial Drain Gel Treatment – Eliminates Gross Fruit Flies, Drain Flies, Sewer Flies & Gnat Infestations from Any Drain. Fast & Easy – 2.5 Gallon (320 Ounces)
Price : $59.95 ($0.47 / Fl Oz)
- ✅ FAST ACTING & EASY TO USE – Simply Pour This Specially Formulated Gel Solution Down Any Sink Drain Or Floor Drain Where Fruit Flies and Drain Flies Breed. Works On The Worst Fruit Fly & Drain Fly Infestations. Can Be Used In Bars, Bathrooms, Homes, Hotels, Kitchens & Restaurants
- ✅HOW IT WORKS SAFELY–This Thick Gel Treatment Clings & Sticks To Pipe Walls Eliminating The Fruit Fly & Drain Fly Eggs Effectively At The Very Source Of The Problem
- ✅HARMLESS & LONG LASTING – Harmless To Drains, Pipes, Septic Systems and Toilets. Unlike Other Corrosive Products, Natural Armor Is Made Of Natural Ingredients With No Toxic Substances. Depending On The Level Of Infestation, Long Lasting Results Can Be Seen For Months
- ✅GREAT FOR COMMERCIAL KITCHENS, BARS & RESTAURANTS – Clean Facilities Are Important. Our Product Is An Effective Food-Safe Solution.
- ✅ 30-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE – Not Satisfied? We’ll Refund Your Money, No Questions Asked. Call Or Email Us And We’ll Take Care of The Rest
Additional Info :
Eco Defense Fruit Fly Killer – Natural Fruit Fly Trap & Drain Fly Killer Treatment for Indoor Fly Control in Kitchen, Restaurants, and More 16 oz
Price : $19.95 ($1.25 / Fl Oz )
- FAST ACTING – Eco Defense Fruit Fly Trap uses a powerful yet natural blend of ingredients to lure annoying fruit flies, drain fly, gnats, and more away from your food and into the solution for fast removal. Powerful as a gnat killer for indoor treatment as well.
- EASY TO USE – Simply pour the fruit fly trap solution into a small dish or ramekin, place bowl where fruit flies gather – when it’s full of fruit flies pour it down the drain. Simple yet incredibly effective.
- SAFE AROUND FOOD – Stop using chemical laden products around your food and family. Unlike other products on the market, our Fruit Fly Killer uses natural ingredients that are safe to use around your home, kitchen, restaurants, or wherever fruit flies have become a nuisance to you property.
- LONG LASTING – Depending on the level of fruit fly infestation our product can last for months to help keep fruit flies out while providing an extremely economical solution.
- MONEY BACK GUARANTEE – Try 100% Risk-Free for 60 days and if you are not completely satisfied with the results we will gladly refund 100% of your purchase. No questions asked.
Additional Info :
Fruit flies are a common problem in the home, but they’re not just annoying, they can also be dangerous. These tiny pests are known to transmit diseases such as salmonella, so it’s important to keep them away from your food, especially if you have pets or small children.
The best way to prevent fruit flies is by keeping your kitchen clean, but sometimes that’s not enough. If you’ve already tried cleaning up and still see fruit flies flying around your home, then it might be time to invest in some natural fruit fly repellent.