Which essential oils kill fleas? Are there any essential oils that kill fleas on dogs? Well, the answer is Yes. There are many essential oils that can kill fleas on humans and pets. However, not all of them are safe to use. In this article, I will explain how to know which essential oil kills fleas and ticks and which ones do not. Most essential oils for fleas on dogs and natural methods to keep your pet safe should be avoided if it’s not something you know about, or without careful consideration. There is much safety talk that needs to happen with your pet and their health and you want to find out more about how they could interact together safely. In some cases, there are, unfortunately, accidents of pets being hurt.
Natural Oils For Fleas
Lemongrass is an all-natural, environmentally friendly way to repel fleas. Lemongrass essential oil can be used in a diffuser or spray form and is safe for use on humans as well as animals. This herb is also useful for repelling mosquitoes and other insects, so it’s a great addition to your bug repellent arsenal!
Yarrow is a flowering plant that is known by many names, including woundwort, bloodwort and milfoil. You’ll find yarrow growing in many places throughout the world, but it is native to Europe and Asia.
The natural oils in yarrow can repel fleas, ticks and mosquitoes when applied directly to your pets. It’s also effective at repelling ants when sprayed around doors or windows where they are entering your home.
Lavender essential oil is known for its calming properties. It’s a great choice for dogs that are scared of loud noises like thunderstorms, but it can also be used for its flea repellent properties.
Although lavender essential oil is all-natural, it should be diluted with water (1 drop per 10ml) before being applied to your dog’s fur or skin.
Chamomile is a perennial herb that has a calming effect on the nervous system. It has been used to treat anxiety in dogs, and it’s also one of the most effective natural flea control treatments available. Chamomile tea can be added to your dog’s bathwater or applied directly to their coat as a rinse.
For best results:
- Combine 1 part chamomile with 4 parts water in a spray bottle (or similar container) for easy application and storage;
- Apply evenly over fur;
- Let dry completely before allowing pet outside again;
Pennyroyal oil is toxic to dogs, and it can be fatal if a dog eats enough of it. Symptoms of pennyroyal poisoning include vomiting and diarrhea, which occur within 12 hours of ingestion. If your dog shows signs of pennyroyal poisoning, call your vet immediately and keep the affected area clean.
Pennyroyal essential oils are not harmful to humans; however, some people may be allergic to them so it’s best for pregnant women or those with sensitive skin to avoid using pennyroyal on their pets’ fur without consulting a professional first.
Do NOT use pennyroyal oil on your dog.
[Pennyroyal oil] is a natural insecticide and can be toxic to dogs. It’s also a known abortifacient, which means it can cause abortions in pregnant dogs and puppies. [It’s] not recommended for use on cats or dogs at all, but particularly not on pregnant animals. If you’re going to try pennyroyal oil anyway, look into pyrethrin instead—it has a similar effect but is less likely to damage your pet’s health.
- A WORKING SOLUTION – Natural Care Flea & Tick Home Spray works with you to kill fleas, flea eggs, and ticks on contact. And it repels mosquitoes. Just apply it wherever the pests are found, inside and out.
- NO HARSH CHEMICALS – The formula uses the natural power of plant extracts, like peppermint oil and clove extract, to get the job done.
- NO STAINS – It’s safe to use on pet bedding, pillows, blankets, carpets, rugs, dras, upholstery, countertops, and so much more. And you don’t have to worry about it leaving a stain.
- SAFE TO USE – You can use it on your dogs and cats, 12 weeks and older, as directed. Since it’s a plant-based formula, it’s safe to use around the whole family.
- QUALITY – The bottle is packaged in such a way that it won’t leak when it’s shipped to you.
Additional Info :
- Proven to work – Natural Care flea and tick Collar was created and proven by scientists to be a safe and effective flea and tick repellant, when used as directed.
- Plan of attack – Each collar provides up to four full months of flea and tick repellant.
- Nature’s Way – Our flea and tick Collar uses cedarwood and peppermint oil for effective yet gentle flea and tick Prevention. Phthalate and PVC free!
- Adjustable fit – The perfect fit for most dogs and puppies four months or older, adjustable up to a full 20 inch neck size.
- Comfort and strength – We use a flexible nylon construction for your dog’s comfort, and our extra-strength proprietary design holds up. Made in France.
- Age Range Description: All Life Stages
Additional Info :
- SAFE AND EFFECTIVE – Vet’s Best Flea and Tick Yard and Kennel Spray kills mosquitoes, fleas, flea larvae, flea eggs, and ticks by contact without harsh chemicals.
- EASY TO USE – Includes ready-to-use hose attachment for quick and easy application on turf, lawns, kennels, patios, and other outside surfaces. Not known to be harmful to trees, shrubs, or flowers.
- CERTIFIED NATURAL OILS – Each steam-distilled essential oil is selected for its potent pest-fighting properties and is 100% Certified Natural and deet free.
- USE FOR UP TO 5,000 SQUARE FEET – Each 32oz concentrate bottle treats up to 5,000 square feet and can be refilled with Vet’s Best Yard and Kennel Spray 96oz Refill.
- MADE IN THE USA: Our products are proudly manufactured in the USA with quality domestic and internationally sourced ingredients.
Additional Info :
|Color||Whites & Tans|
- KILLS & REPELS. A flea and tick preventative and a treatment, this pest-repellent spray is powered by natural essential oils and protects your pets and family.
- SPRAY & PLAY! Safe for cats, dogs and people of all ages, with no wait time for drying or reentry into sprayed areas and environments. Just attach directly to a garden hose, spray your backyard, and enjoy. Keep the bottle & Refill the sprayer with our Flea and Tick Spray Concentrate!
- TREATS UP TO 5,000 SQUARE FEET. Can be safely used on lawns, gardens, grass, patios, dog kennels, vegetables, flowers, siding, brick, paint and more. Treat an existing pest infestation or for prevention. Application coverage depends on water pressure and walking speed.
- NO HARSH CHEMICALS. No artificial colors, fragrances or harsh pesticides. Made in the USA from powerful, sustainable, plant-based ingredients. Safe when sprayed outdoors around pets, kids, and beneficial insects like bees and butterflies. Cruelty-Free and biodegradable. Keep the bottle & Refill the sprayer with our Flea and Tick Spray Concentrate!
- POWERFULLY EFFECTIVE WITH THE PUREST, NATURAL ESSENTIAL OILS. Powered by cedar oil, Wondercide is safe pest protection that’s proven to work, especially for flea, tick, and mosquito removal. Packaging May Vary.
Additional Info :
- NO HARSH CHEMICALS – Unlike traditional flea shampoos, Richard’s Organics gentle and safe Flea and Tick Shampoo uses 100% all-natural actives to kill fleas and ticks rather than harsh chemicals. Made with 5 pure essential oils, this dog shampoo smells great and soothes irritated skin while it works hard to rid your dog of fleas and ticks.
- FAST ACTING – You will see fleas coming off your dog as you bathe with Richard’s Organics Flea and Tick Shampoo. Ticks let go and are more easily removed from the skin. For best results, work the lather thoroughly into the dog’s coat and down into the skin, moving back from the head. Allow lather to remain on the dog for a few minutes and then rinse. The essential oils are calming, and your dog will smell great.
- SOOTHES SKIN: This dog flea shampoo naturally kills fleas and ticks while soothing skin. It does not contain parabens, dye, soap, harsh chemicals, or artificial fragrances or colors. It will not remove topical spot-on flea and tick treatments.
- FORMULATED FOR DOGS – Natural Flea and Tick dog shampoo is specifically formulated for dogs 12 weeks and older. The pH balanced treatment is ideal for your dog’s sensitive skin. Due to the active oil ingredients, this shampoo is not safe for cats.
- EFFECTIVE AND AFFORDABLE – SynergyLab’s Richard’s Organics pet wellness and healing products are created with premium ingredients and available at a price that pet parents can afford. We know your dogs and cats are more than just pets, because we are pet parents too.
- Age range description: All Stages
Additional Info :