Can essential oils get rid of fleas? That depends on a couple of things. For example, is it an adult flea or a baby flea? Fleas lay eggs which means there will be more to worry about after you think you have gotten rid of all the fleas on your dog. Keep reading to discover how to use essential oils to kill fleas and other helpful information. Essential oils have been used for thousands of years as ingredients in perfumes, medicines and other various things. Some people use essential oils to scent their water while others use them in a diffuser to purify the air. What most people don’t know is that these oils can be used to drive fleas from your carpets, floors, and more. Now you may be wondering, how are essential oils good at repelling pests?
Natural Oils That Kill Fleas
Eucalyptus oil is a natural alternative to insecticides, and it can be effective against fleas. You can use eucalyptus oil as part of your daily routine to keep fleas at bay or use it in conjunction with other products or natural remedies.
The first step in using eucalyptus oil is applying it directly to your pet’s fur and skin, preferably before they go outside. When applying the oil directly, you should not rub it into the animal’s coat; rather, you should let the fur absorb the oil naturally by leaving some time between application and outdoor time. For best results, you should reapply eucalyptus oil every three weeks (or sooner if needed).
If you’re having trouble finding an insecticide that works well on your dog or cat without having potentially harmful ingredients, consider trying out this alternative method instead!
Lavender oil is an effective way to kill fleas on pets, but it can also repel mosquitoes and moths. To use it as such, mix about 1 drop of lavender oil per teaspoon of water. Wash your pet with this mixture or spray it onto the fur in areas where your pet spends time. You can also add a few drops of the mixture to shampoo when washing your pet’s coat; this will help keep fleas away and make their coats look shiny and beautiful!
Peppermint oil is a natural way to kill fleas. It’s extracted from the peppermint plant and comes in liquid form. You can buy it at health food stores or online, along with other natural remedies like diatomaceous earth, baking soda, and vinegar.
How does peppermint oil work?
The chemicals in peppermint oil are toxic to insects, including fleas. They disrupt their nervous systems and lead to death by paralysis or respiratory distress — which sounds pretty brutal but better than being covered in festering sores!
How do you use this method?
You can apply it directly onto your dog’s skin as needed for about 30 seconds before rinsing off with water (or else use diluted white vinegar). You can also add a few drops of the essential oil into your dog’s bath water as a deterrent if they’re not currently infested with flea eggs or larvae
Lemongrass oil is a natural pesticide and flea deterrent. It can be used on both pets and in the garden. It’s also safe to use around children and pregnant women, so long as it is diluted properly (no more than 1% dilution).
Lemongrass oil has a strong citrus scent that may not be for everyone, but it does have some powerful flea-killing properties. To use lemongrass oil for indoor flea control: mix 1 teaspoon of lemongrass essential oil with 1 tablespoon carrier oil (like coconut or olive), then add 5 drops of this mixture per gallon of water in your spray bottle. Spray the floors, furniture and rugs in affected rooms once weekly until all signs of fleas are gone; repeat treatment every week or two if necessary until there are no new signs of infestation after 3 months
Cinnamon oil is an effective flea killer and preventative. When applied to your pet’s skin, it can keep the little bloodsuckers at bay for up to three weeks! Cinnamon oil should be diluted with water before application to your dog or cat.
To apply cinnamon oil:
- Pour at least 1 cup of water into a plastic dishpan or small bucket.
- Add 5 drops of cinnamon bark essential oil to the water and stir until dissolved (you can also add more drops if desired).
- Mix 1 teaspoon of this solution into 1 ounce of carrier oil (like coconut or olive), then apply it directly to your dog’s fur, avoiding sensitive areas like the eyes and mouth. This should be repeated two times per week for best results—but always check with your vet first. If you don’t have access to a full-strength concentration right away, there are some other ways you can use less potent forms like cinnamon tea bags or capsules filled with powder made from ground bark rather than just using whole sticks since these contain other compounds that may have negative side effects when consumed orally in large amounts (especially by children!).
Oils can be an effective way to get rid of fleas.
Using oils to get rid of fleas is a safe, simple, and effective method. There are several oils that can be used for this purpose. The oils listed below are commonly known as natural flea repellents:
- Eucalyptus oil
- Lavender essential oil
- Peppermint essential oil
- Lemongrass essential oil
- Cinnamon bark essential oil (when used in conjunction with eucalyptus)
These oils make effective flea repellent sprays because they have an unpleasant odor that deters fleas from attacking your pet. You can also purchase these ingredients separately at the grocery store or health food store and mix them yourself into an all-natural spray solution!
- A WORKING SOLUTION – Natural Care Flea & Tick Home Spray works with you to kill fleas, flea eggs, and ticks on contact. And it repels mosquitoes. Just apply it wherever the pests are found, inside and out.
- NO HARSH CHEMICALS – The formula uses the natural power of plant extracts, like peppermint oil and clove extract, to get the job done.
- NO STAINS – It’s safe to use on pet bedding, pillows, blankets, carpets, rugs, dras, upholstery, countertops, and so much more. And you don’t have to worry about it leaving a stain.
- SAFE TO USE – You can use it on your dogs and cats, 12 weeks and older, as directed. Since it’s a plant-based formula, it’s safe to use around the whole family.
- QUALITY – The bottle is packaged in such a way that it won’t leak when it’s shipped to you.
Additional Info :
- SAFE AND EFFECTIVE – Vet’s Best Flea and Tick Yard and Kennel Spray kills mosquitoes, fleas, flea larvae, flea eggs, and ticks by contact without harsh chemicals.
- EASY TO USE – Includes ready-to-use hose attachment for quick and easy application on turf, lawns, kennels, patios, and other outside surfaces. Not known to be harmful to trees, shrubs, or flowers.
- CERTIFIED NATURAL OILS – Each steam-distilled essential oil is selected for its potent pest-fighting properties and is 100% Certified Natural and deet free.
- USE FOR UP TO 5,000 SQUARE FEET – Each 32oz concentrate bottle treats up to 5,000 square feet and can be refilled with Vet’s Best Yard and Kennel Spray 96oz Refill.
- MADE IN THE USA: Our products are proudly manufactured in the USA with quality domestic and internationally sourced ingredients.
Additional Info :
|Color||Whites & Tans|
- KILLS & REPELS. A preventative and a treatment, this pest repellent spray is powered by natural essential oils and kills mosquitoes, ants, fleas, ticks, roaches, flies, scorpions, chiggers, crickets, chinch bugs, japanese beetles, no-see-ums, gnats and more. Safe alternative to conventional pesticide sprays, zappers, and foggers.
- SPRAY & PLAY! Safe for cats, dogs and people of all ages, with no wait time for drying or reentry into sprayed areas and environments. Just mix desired amount of product into any applicator and fill to the top with recommended amount of water, spray your backyard, and enjoy.
- TREATS UP TO 10,000 SQUARE FEET. Can be safely used on lawns, gardens, grass, patios, vegetables, flowers, siding, brick, paint and more. Treat an existing pest infestation or for prevention. Application coverage depends on water pressure and walking speed. Our concentrates are a great refill to the Wondercide Ready-to-Use Flea & Tick Yard & Garden Spray.
- TREAT NATURE WITH NATURE. No artificial colors, fragrances or harsh pesticides. Made in the USA from powerful, sustainable plant-based ingredients. Safe when sprayed outdoors around pets, kids, and beneficial insects like bees and butterflies. Cruelty-Free and biodegradable.
- PLANT-DERIVED AND POWERFULLY EFFECTIVE. Powered by cedar oil, Wondercide is proven pest protection, especially for flea, tick, and mosquito removal.
Additional Info :
- NO HARSH CHEMICALS – Unlike traditional flea shampoos, Richard’s Organics gentle and safe Flea and Tick Shampoo uses 100% all-natural actives to kill fleas and ticks rather than harsh chemicals. Made with 5 pure essential oils, this dog shampoo smells great and soothes irritated skin while it works hard to rid your dog of fleas and ticks.
- FAST ACTING – You will see fleas coming off your dog as you bathe with Richard’s Organics Flea and Tick Shampoo. Ticks let go and are more easily removed from the skin. For best results, work the lather thoroughly into the dog’s coat and down into the skin, moving back from the head. Allow lather to remain on the dog for a few minutes and then rinse. The essential oils are calming, and your dog will smell great.
- SOOTHES SKIN: This dog flea shampoo naturally kills fleas and ticks while soothing skin. It does not contain parabens, dye, soap, harsh chemicals, or artificial fragrances or colors. It will not remove topical spot-on flea and tick treatments.
- FORMULATED FOR DOGS – Natural Flea and Tick dog shampoo is specifically formulated for dogs 12 weeks and older. The pH balanced treatment is ideal for your dog’s sensitive skin. Due to the active oil ingredients, this shampoo is not safe for cats.
- EFFECTIVE AND AFFORDABLE – SynergyLab’s Richard’s Organics pet wellness and healing products are created with premium ingredients and available at a price that pet parents can afford. We know your dogs and cats are more than just pets, because we are pet parents too.
- Age range description: All Stages
Additional Info :
- Long-Lasting Pest Protection — Maximum Strength Shampoo helps kill fleas, ticks, larva, and eggs by contact and repels fleas for up to 7 days.
- Light Fresh Scent — Clove, lemongrass, cedarwood, and cinnamon oils act as powerful pest repellents and leave a pleasant citrus aroma.
- Enhanced Shipping Seal — Packaging is now spill-resistant with a reinforced cap to resist damage and an induction seal to reduce spills. NOTE: Product shipped may vary as existing inventory is depleted and enhanced packaging is introduced.
- Crafted with Care — Natural* Flea & Tick Max Strength Shampoo is tough on pests, not pets. Formula is gentle, effective, and cruelty free.
- Soap Free — Gentle coconut cleanser gives TropiClean shampoos a soap-free clean, so you don’t have to worry about washing away topical treatments.
- Cleaner Solution — Natural active ingredients offer a healthier alternative to synthetic products made with pyrethrins or permethrins.
- Family Owned — TropiClean products are proudly made in the U.S.A by pet lovers like you.
- Suitable when used as directed for dogs 12 weeks and older.
- TropiClean Pet Products offers a full range of naturally derived dog and cat products including TropiClean Grooming Products, SPA by TropiClean, TropiClean OxyMed, TropiClean PerfectFur, TropiClean Enticers, and TropiClean Fresh Breath Oral Care and Dental Products.
- Contains one (1) 20oz bottle of Natural* Flea & Tick Maximum Strength Shampoo for Dogs.
Additional Info :