What is a good outdoor cat repellent? Cats are wild animals that live and hunt in the outdoors. They don’t like being confined to the indoors for long periods of time. In fact, most cats actually hate it. As a pet owner, that means you will have to spend a substantial amount of time finding ways to keep your kitty from running away from home. One way of keeping your cat at home more often is by repelling them. Have you ever had a cat that just didn’t seem to have any respect for your furniture? Or even worse, have you ever had an outdoor cat that has been coming into your house and leaving its hairy mark on your furniture? If so, then you’ll want to know about the best outdoor cat repellent that I’ve used for 5 years now.
Natural Outdoor Cat Repellent
Catnip is a member of the mint family and is one of the most well-known cat attractants. It contains nepetalactone, which causes a positive reaction in cats by acting on their olfactory senses. This chemical reaction can cause euphoria, excitement and playfulness in cats when they are exposed to it.
Some people have used catnip as an outdoor repellent for cats because it’s considered an effective deterrent against unwanted visitors that like to come onto your property.
Birdbaths and Fountains
If you’re looking to create a natural outdoor cat repellent, a birdbath or fountain is the perfect choice. Cats are naturally afraid of water, and will avoid any area where it is present. The sound of running water will also deter them from approaching your lawn or garden.
- Place birdbaths and fountains in areas that are out of reach from cats but still visible from windows. This will help you keep an eye on them, while discouraging any pouncing attempts by your kitty friends!
- Fountains should be placed next to flowerbeds, rather than directly on grassy areas. Cats won’t go near the flowing water without trying first—and if their paws get wet then they’ll know something’s up so they’ll likely run away quickly!
Water Sprinkler System
While this is an effective way to get rid of cats, it’s not the most pleasant for your plants. Water sprinkling systems are motion-activated and use infrared technology to detect movement. When a cat comes near the sprinkler, it sprays them with water from several feet away, startling and scaring them away. These sprinklers are also effective at keeping other animals away from your garden such as birds or squirrels—and since they only shoot when there’s movement nearby, they won’t waste water by spraying all day long! The best part about these types of cat repellent systems is that they can be found online and installed easily yourself.
Coffee grounds are a natural cat repellent. They have an unpleasant smell that cats can smell from a distance, and it’s so displeasing to them that they won’t want to venture near the area where you are using coffee grounds for protection.
Throw a handful of coffee grounds into the areas where you want to keep cats away. Just one or two handfuls would be enough if you have small plants or plants that aren’t too close together, but if your garden is large enough and has many places for cats to hide or dig, then use more than one or two handfuls – just make sure not to overdo it!
Cats don’t like the smell of coffee grounds because they associate dirt with something unsanitary (they’re actually right). So when they come across an area with lots of dirt around their feet while trying to dig up some grubs and worms, they’ll think that this place isn’t safe because there might be some bacteria in it—and who wants dirty food?
- Mothballs are toxic to cats and should only be used with extreme caution.
- Mothballs will keep cats away, but they can also harm people, other animals and the environment if they are not used properly.
Scented Deodorants or Soaps
There are a few things you can do to discourage your cat from scratching furniture, depending on their level of desperation. If they’re just getting started and it’s not too bad yet, try using a scented deodorant or soap. Cats don’t like the smell of citrus, so make sure to keep some orange juice around for this purpose.
The downside of using scented products is that they only work if the cat smells them first—if you’re trying to deter scratching behavior right now, being able to cover all possible routes might seem like an impossible task. However, if you have time on your side (for example: if this is a problem that’s been going on for years), then making sure there’s no room for error will help ensure your success in future endeavors against scratching furniture!
One way or another though: use safe soaps when cleaning up after pets with eyesight problems (like dogs) because their vision is compromised compared how ours would be during eye contact situations such as these ones where precautions must be taken accordingly.”
There are a variety of natural cat repellents.
There are a variety of natural cat repellents. All cats have extremely sensitive noses, and they are repelled by strong, unpleasant smells. Some of the most effective cat deterrents include citrus scents (like lemons), motion-activated devices that spray water at their target, and ultrasonic sounds that cats don’t like to hear.
Cats are also deterred by the scent of their predators—like foxes or coyotes—so you could try spraying some predator urine around your yard if it’s available in your area (or order online).
- Cat Repellent Spray Outdoor & Indoor MAKE YOUR YARD, GARAGE, Crawl Space, TRASH AREA FREE OF Pesky Stray and Feral Cats Naturally. Colton’s Naturals Cat spray will keep those pesky creatures out of your space naturally. Great at repelling your own cat, neighbors cats or wild feral cats from your space.
- Natural Peppermint & Citronella Oil Repellent Ingredients- Kid & Pet Safe & Garden Safe – safe to use around nursing mothers. Keep Cats out of Garden naturally. Organic Feline Repellants – Cat repelant- Safe to Spray in Car engine to prevent cats from moving in. Natural Cat Boundary.
- Natural Deterrent CHANGES CAT BEHAVIOR AROUND YOUR PROPERTY. As soon as Cats find shelter or a food source they can exploit on your property it becomes a target. After you spray this natural repellent cats will wonder what happened to their coveted trash area or new home under your deck or crawl space. Spray consistently and over the next 2-5 visits and the animals invading your space will change their behavior and move on. Feline deterrent / repellant- repellent for attic
- Feline Repellent- LASTS 2-4 WEEKS – Spray on heavy for your first application to soak all areas. Make sure to spray under decks, openings around your home, and very heavy on your trash cans (Also spray a 2’ foot circle perimeter around your trash cans or tiny cracks around your home) After the cats are gone use every 2-4 weeks depending on rain conditions to naturally repel them for good. If you are currently in an infestation spray heavy and often- Get multiple bottles if the situation is bad.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED OR YOUR MONEY BACK POLICY!!! If you believe the product does not work we can accept a return no questions asked. We are confident if you spray regularly you will not have cat issues anymore or prevent the issue from ever starting in the first place. Children & Pet safe MADE IN USA!
Additional Info :
Colton’s Naturals (2) Cat & Kitten Training Spray Aid 3 in 1 w/Bitter – Cat Repellent Spray for Outdoor and Indoor USE- Furniture Protector- Anti Scratch- Make Boundaries – Cat Spray USA Made
- ✅(2)- 4 OZ- Spray Bottles- STOP YOUR CAT FROM CLAWING AND GNAWING SAFELY AND EASILY! Cats have 14 X the smell and taste receptors of humans. The citrus smell of the repellent smells great to humans while becoming a bitter annoyance to Cats. Spray 1X- 3X per day to begin establishing boundaries and changing your cat’s bad habits. After about 1 week give or take a few days your cat’s bad habits will be gone.
- ✅CAT SPRAY-GREAT FOR OUTSIDE AND INSIDE USE- Curtains, Furniture, carpet, flooring inside, woodwork tend to be cats favorite indoor items for destruction. Outside patio furniture and plants tend to also be a pain point. With 2 bottles you can leave a bottle ready in multiple locations.
- ✅CAT TRAINING- CHANGE YOUR CATS AND KITTENS HABITS TO GOOD ONES- Keep in mind Cats are very habitual cute creatures. Once they get used to going to a space or ruining things they start to repeat the behavior. Colton’s Naturals spray is a Cat habit changer. If you spray consistently to change your cats habits it will work flawlessly. If you slack, you will allow bad behavior to persist. Stay persistent – and you will thank yourself and swear by this spray. Anti Scratch cat spray
- ✅ 100% NATURAL AND PLANT BASED & SAFE- Yes- you can spray on your plants and anywhere near your family. The essential oil blend is just as safe as using an oil diffuser in your home. If you or a family member are allergic to Citrus, Lemongrass avoid this product. If you are not sure, test a small amount in a select area before spraying all over. Cruelty free formula. Cat Spray- Cat Scratch Spray- Keep cats off furniture. Cat Anti. Cat Scratch Spray
- ✅PREVENT CHEWING AND CLAWING – Bitters from the citrus flavor are disgusting to your cat. Stay consistent, change your cats behavior- it works. 30 DAY – 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED OR YOUR MONEY BACK POLICY – MADE WITH LOVE BY CAT LOVERS IN THE USA
Additional Info :
- REPELS ANIMALS – This product humanely repels dogs, cats, rabbits and a variety of other animals.
- PREVENTS DAMAGE TO PLANTS AND PROPERTY – Safely keeps animals away from trees, shrubs, garbage cans/bags, around the periphery of flowers and vegetable gardens, and other forbidden areas.
- PET TRAINING AID – This product is an animal behavior modification tool. It may need to be supplemented with other behavior modification techniques to break animals (particularly domestic animals) of existing bad habits.
- NATURAL INGREDIENTS – The active ingredients of Go Away. Repellents are cinnamon oil and thyme oil. These essential oils will not harm lawns, gardens, or flowerbeds. Product is also safe for use around children and pets.
- EASY TO APPLY – Our repellent granules arrive ready to use. Using the convenient dispenser cap on this package, lightly and evenly sprinkle a band 4 feet wide, next to and around the area you wish to protect.
- NOTE – This product might not appear to be completely full in the container but it is sold as per weight mentioned.
Additional Info :
Wondercide – EcoTreat Ready-to-Use Outdoor Pest Control Spray with Natural Essential Oils – Mosquito and Insect Repellent, Treatment, and Killer – Plant-Based – Safe for Pets, Plants, Kids – 32 oz
- KILLS & REPELS. A preventative and a treatment, this spray is a natural pest repellent, and kills mosquitoes, ants, fleas, ticks, roaches, flies, scorpions, chiggers, crickets, chinch bugs, japanese beetles, no-see-ums, gnats and more. Safe alternative to conventional pesticide sprays, baits, ant granules, zappers or foggers.
- SPRAY & PLAY! Safe around cats, dogs and people of all ages, with no wait time for drying or reentry into sprayed outside areas. Just attach directly to a garden hose, spray your backyard, and enjoy. Keep the bottle & Refill the sprayer with our Outdoor Pest Control Concentrate!
- TREATS UP TO 5,000 SQUARE FEET. A bug control spray that can be safely used on lawns, gardens, grass, picnic areas, playgrounds, patios, vegetables, flowers, siding, brick, paint and more. Treat an existing pest infestation or for prevention. Application coverage depends on water pressure and walking speed.
- NO HARSH CHEMICALS. No artificial colors, fragrances or harsh pesticides. Made in the USA from powerful, sustainable plant-based ingredients. Cruelty free and biodegradable. Keep the bottle & Refill the sprayer with our Outdoor Pest Control Concentrate!
- POWERED BY NATURE, AS POWERFUL AS PERMETHRIN. Powered by cedar oil, our eco-friendly formula is proven to kill and repel pests. Safe when sprayed outdoors around pets, kids, and beneficial insects like bees and butterflies. Permethrin-Free. Packaging may vary.
Additional Info :
- PROVEN RESULTS – Tested and proven to repel Dogs and Cats without harmful chemicals or dangerous poisons
- ALL NATURAL & SAFE – We use natural ingredients and botanical oils that are safe for pets, safe for people, and safe for the environment. Use as a pet-safe training aid!
- STOPS DIGGING – Apply directly to flower beds, gardens, pots, and grass to stop unwanted digging. Will not harm plants!
- NO FOUL ODORS – Botanical oils repel dogs and cats, not people!
- APPLY PROPERLY – Dogs and Cats develop bad habits quickly, and breaking them requires proper application. FOR BEST RESULTS read included instructions carefully before applying
Additional Info :