Fleas are just awful! They seem to almost multiply overnight. And sitting around waiting for them to go away on their own isn’t going to cut it. You need to take action to get the fleas gone for good. And, for your sanity, it’s best you do so as soon as possible. Fleas are one of the most common house-hold pests. Fleas that infest the home can be a minor annoyance, or they can cause extreme distress to your family and pets. There are many options for controlling flea infestations in the home including vacuuming, timing your pet grooming properly, using “flea bombs” or having a professional handle it.
Natural Pest Control For Fleas
Traditional Pest Control Flea Treatment
The most effective natural flea control will involve using more than one method. Fleas have 4 life stages: egg, larva, pupa and adult. Treating only the pet or their environment will not kill all of their life cycle. Treatment needs to be applied in all areas where pets live and play.
Fleas are a common problem for dogs but they can also affect cats as well as other animals such as rabbits, ferrets and guinea pigs.
Cedar shavings and other natural cedar products are another great way to help keep fleas away. Cedar oil is known for its bug repelling properties, and it also helps with dust mite control. The smell of cedar can be overwhelming if you’re not used to it, but the benefits are worth putting up with a little extra odor. Keep in mind that some animals may be sensitive or allergic to the oils in cedar, so you’ll want to try this out on your pet before leaving him or her alone for long periods of time in a room treated with cedar chips or shavings. If you have pets that spend most of their time outdoors or indoors only occasionally, then using a natural deterrent like these simple steps may be all you need!
Cedar oil is an effective natural flea killer. It’s also a natural flea repellent, so it can be used as a spray or added to shampoo and other cleaning products.
Cedar oil is available from pet stores and online retailers, but it’s best to find the real thing. The active ingredient in cedar oil is alpha-pinene, which comes from the needles of the Eastern red cedar tree and has been shown to kill adult fleas on contact for up to 24 hours after application.
The only downside? You may need an industrial-strength vacuum cleaner if your dog or cat sleeps on your bed!
Lavender is a natural insect repellent that can be used to repel fleas and other pests. Lavender essential oils, which are extracted from the flowers of the lavender plant, can be used in a diffuser or placed on top of your cat’s food bowl to keep fleas away.
It can also be added to potpourri along with other herbs like rosemary and eucalyptus. You can even put it in your vacuum cleaner bag!
Lemongrass is a perennial herb that can be used as an effective natural flea repellent. Lemongrass can grow up to 4 feet tall and 2 feet wide, and has a strong citrus smell that keeps pests away. The best part about lemongrass is that it’s easy to grow, making it an ideal option for people who want to use natural pest control techniques without having to buy or apply chemicals on their pets.
Lemongrass has been used for centuries in folk medicine as a treatment for various ailments including fevers, headaches and skin infections such as ringworm or athlete’s foot . Lemongrass also has antibacterial properties which make it great for dogs with allergies or skin conditions such as hot spots .
Lemon or Lime Juice
In addition to being a powerful cleaning agent, lemon or lime juice are great for repelling fleas. Be sure to use fresh squeezed juice and not bottled, as the latter is often diluted with water and other chemicals that can be harmful to your pet or you. You can also use lemon or lime juice in spray bottles to spray on furniture and in corners where flea larvae may congregate in your home.
You can discourage fleas from bothering your pets with natural methods.
If you have pets, you can keep fleas away by using natural methods. There are many ways to do this, and they’re easy to use and inexpensive. You don’t need to use chemicals that can harm your pets or the environment. Here are some things you can try:
- Change the bedding in your pet’s bed and wash it with vinegar or baking soda. You might also want to vacuum their bedding regularly with an upright vacuum cleaner instead of using a handheld one so that you don’t spread fleas around your home when vacuuming them up!
- Give your pet foods that contain soybeans or fish oil as these foods help repel fleas naturally by giving off a scent that keeps them away from your animal’s body (and thus ensures they won’t bite). Other good sources include garlic, black pepper and basil leaves which act as repellants but may cause side effects like diarrhea if given too much at once so make sure only give 1-2 teaspoons per day depending on the size of animal being fed…
- KILLS & REPELS. A preventative and a treatment, this spray is a natural pest repellent, and kills mosquitoes, ants, fleas, ticks, roaches, flies, scorpions, chiggers, crickets, chinch bugs, japanese beetles, no-see-ums, gnats and more. Safe alternative to conventional pesticide sprays, baits, ant granules, zappers or foggers.
- SPRAY & PLAY! Safe around cats, dogs and people of all ages, with no wait time for drying or reentry into sprayed outside areas. Just attach directly to a garden hose, spray your backyard, and enjoy. Keep the bottle & Refill the sprayer with our Outdoor Pest Control Concentrate!
- TREATS UP TO 5,000 SQUARE FEET. A bug control spray that can be safely used on lawns, gardens, grass, picnic areas, playgrounds, patios, vegetables, flowers, siding, brick, paint and more. Treat an existing pest infestation or for prevention. Application coverage depends on water pressure and walking speed.
- NO HARSH CHEMICALS. No artificial colors, fragrances or harsh pesticides. Made in the USA from powerful, sustainable plant-based ingredients. Cruelty free and biodegradable. Keep the bottle & Refill the sprayer with our Outdoor Pest Control Concentrate!
- POWERED BY NATURE, AS POWERFUL AS PERMETHRIN. Powered by cedar oil, our eco-friendly formula is proven to kill and repel pests. Safe when sprayed outdoors around pets, kids, and beneficial insects like bees and butterflies. Permethrin-Free. Packaging may vary.
Additional Info :
- KILLS & REPELS. A preventative and a treatment, this pet-safe insect spray kills and repels indoor pests and keeps your home pest-free. Kills flying, crawling, biting and stinging pests including ants, roaches, spiders, flies, fleas, ticks, wasps, scorpions, mosquitoes, fruit flies, silverfish, moths, gnats, carpet beetles, earwigs, palmetto bugs, waterbugs.
- PROTECT YOUR HOME. This versatile bug control spray is also an indoor flea treatment and flea killer for your home. It kills fleas in carpet, furniture, bedding and flooring, and eliminates adults, eggs, and larvae in the home without staining.
- SAFE FOR DOGS & CATS. Pet-friendly, this spray is gentle enough to use several times a week around your loved ones, throughout the house, yet powerful enough to fully eliminate pests and provide lasting defense of your household from invading insects.
- PLANT-BASED AND POWERFULLY EFFECTIVE. Using natural essential oils, this spray is a safe alternative to electronic bug zappers, lights, traps, powders, granules and conventional pesticides. No artificial colors, fragrances or harsh chemicals. Biodegradable. Cruelty-Free.
- EASY-TO-USE. This eco-friendly biopesticide can be sprayed easily around the home, throughout the kitchen, bathroom, and any other living areas. Simply spray around windows, doors, baseboards, under sinks, in cabinets, and around appliances. Works great for dog kennels and cat condos, too! Spray as often as desired for a pest-free home. Made in the USA from naturally-derived ingredients and safe around children. Safe when used as directed.
Additional Info :
- ✅ REPELS FAST FOR UP TO 12 MONTHS- Ants, Bed Bugs, Cockroaches, Dust Mites, Earwigs, Fleas, Roaches, Spiders, Stink Bugs, Ticks & Common Household Bugs
- ✅ NATURAL – Concentrated Formulation of Peppermint, Clove & Vinegar. Safe For People, Pets & The Environment When Used According To Directions
- ✅ INDOOR/OUTDOOR USE – For Indoor Applications Use Anywhere There is An Issue With Unwanted Bugs For Outdoor Applications Use On Furniture, Trash Cans, Foundations, Garages, Pool Houses and Sheds. Will Not Stain
- ✅ EASY TO USE JUST SHAKE AND SPRAY – Comes With Comfortable Heavy Duty Trigger Sprayer That Is Guaranteed Not To Clog
- ✅ MONEY BACK GUARANTEE – OUR PRODUCT WORKS. Thousands of Customers Cannot Be Wrong. Not Satisfied? We’ll Refund Your Money, No Questions Asked
Additional Info :
- KILLS & REPELS. A preventative and a treatment, this pest repellent spray is powered by natural essential oils and kills mosquitoes, ants, fleas, ticks, roaches, flies, scorpions, chiggers, crickets, chinch bugs, japanese beetles, no-see-ums, gnats and more. Safe alternative to conventional pesticide sprays, zappers, and foggers.
- SPRAY & PLAY! Safe for cats, dogs and people of all ages, with no wait time for drying or reentry into sprayed areas and environments. Just mix desired amount of product into any applicator and fill to the top with recommended amount of water, spray your backyard, and enjoy.
- TREATS UP TO 10,000 SQUARE FEET. Can be safely used on lawns, gardens, grass, patios, vegetables, flowers, siding, brick, paint and more. Treat an existing pest infestation or for prevention. Application coverage depends on water pressure and walking speed. Our concentrates are a great refill to the Wondercide Ready-to-Use Flea & Tick Yard & Garden Spray.
- TREAT NATURE WITH NATURE. No artificial colors, fragrances or harsh pesticides. Made in the USA from powerful, sustainable plant-based ingredients. Safe when sprayed outdoors around pets, kids, and beneficial insects like bees and butterflies. Cruelty-Free and biodegradable.
- PLANT-DERIVED AND POWERFULLY EFFECTIVE. Powered by cedar oil, Wondercide is proven pest protection, especially for flea, tick, and mosquito removal.
Additional Info :
- KILLS & REPELS. Using natural essential oils, this spray is proven to kill by contact, repel and prevent 98-100% of fleas, ticks and mosquitoes. It eliminates the entire pest life cycle, including eggs, larvae and adults.
- TREAT NATURE WITH NATURE. A safe and effective alternative to collars, pills, chewables, and drops that’s powered by nature. Holistic vet approved. Enjoy worry-free peace of mind knowing your pets and home are protected with our non-harsh formula.
- SAFE FOR DOGS, CATS OF ALL AGES. Gentle enough to use on puppies, kittens, and senior pets as often as needed, yet powerful enough to fully eliminate pests on the skin and fur. Safe to use around the entire family. Kid-safe. Mom owned, Mom approved.
- 3-IN-1 PLANT-BASED SOLUTION. For dogs, cats, and home! A home remedy that kills fleas throughout the house on carpet, furniture, bedding, and flooring. Also a repellent in pet environments like dog kennels or cat condos. Invigorating Lemongrass scent freshens homes.
- POWERFULLY EFFECTIVE. Powered by nature and proven to work. Give your pet the best advantage in protection against fleas and ticks with our non-harsh formula. Cruelty free, biodegradable, and Made in the U.S.A.
Additional Info :