Farms and orchards that use natural pest control methods generally see far less damage to their crops. This is due to the fact that they recognize that using forced chemical treatments — whether through the use of pesticide sprays, or an artificially high level of nitrogen in the soil to create a resistant crop — is an unnatural way of growing crops or raising livestock. Nature has been providing pest control and natural defenses against insects, diseases and other threats since the beginning of time. Our garden pest control is an environmentally friendly way – and actually it’s a complementary to chemical prevention. Using natural pesticides in our garden space and effective organic methods is easy…as long as we understand how they work.
Natural Pest Control For Gardens
What is Organic Pest Control?
Organic pest control is all about using natural or organic products, or creating your own natural pest control products. The goal of organic pest control is to use products that are safe for humans and animals.
The term “organic” refers to the way in which a product was farmed or made. In the case of pest control, it means that the method used does not involve synthetic chemicals (or even non-synthetic chemicals). While some people may be wary of using anything artificial at all, many people now prefer to use more environmentally friendly alternatives if they can.
Organics Pest Control Methods:
There are many natural pest control methods that you can try in your garden. Here are some of the most common ones:
- Crop rotation and companion planting
- Using beneficial insects
- Using diatomaceous earth
- Using garlic and chives
- Using hot pepper spray
- Using insecticidal soap *
- * *
- Neem oil (lasts longer than other botanical oils)
Do-It-Yourself Organic Pest Control Solutions (some of these can also be bought):
Here are some do-it-yourself organic pest control solutions.
- Keep the garden clean. Remove slugs and snails by hand, as they can cause big damage to your plants. Do not use chemical pesticides on soil, as these are harmful to earthworms and other beneficial insects. Instead, use a garlic spray or other organic pesticide that you can make yourself at home (see the next section for recipes).
- Keep the garden free of weeds and debris so that pests don’t have places to hide or find food sources in your plants’ roots.
- Don’t over water your garden if you notice that there’s an insect problem currently going on; instead, let most plants dry out between watering days so that any insects hiding in them die off faster when exposed again later on down the road! This also helps prevent mold growth which attracts more bugs into coming back after being cleared out once before already…and then you’re stuck with something worse than originally planned.”
General Insect Repellents and Insecticides (some of these can also be bought):
- General Insect Repellents and Insecticides (some of these can also be bought):
- Molasses – add a cupful of molasses to a bucket of water. Spray on affected areas.
- Eucalyptus – plant eucalyptus trees around the garden to deter bugs.
Good pest control for gardens is not easy.
The best pest control for your garden is to have healthy soil. Healthy soil contains all the nutrients that plants need and can resist many pests. Soil should be tested regularly, and the results used to determine the amount of fertilizer or amendments that might be needed. If you have an existing problem with pests, it’s best to start with organic methods such as beneficial insects and natural repellents before resorting to chemical controls which can poison beneficial organisms as well as pests.
There are many different types of pests which attack gardens: insects, weeds, fungi, animals (including people), birds and rodents all cause problems in various ways; this article will describe some of these causes individually while also describing some general methods of controlling them
- MAXIMUM STRENGTH READY TO USE SPRAY – No mixing required. Trifecta Crop Control Ready To Use is diluted at maximum strength 2oz per gallon ratio. Simply point and spray and thoroughly wet the plants until foliage is dripping including the underside of the leaves and the surface of the growing medium.
- EASY SOLUTION TO HELP BEAT MILDEW, MITES, AND MOLD – Crop Control is the natural growers’ choice to help protect and cure Powdery Mildew, Spider Mites, Russet Mites, Broad Mites, Botrytis, Grey Mold, Aphids, fungal and parasitic species on plants.
- SAFE FOR USE ON MOST PLANTS – Use for most crops including fruits, vegetables, herbs, spices, roses, flowers, trees, shrubs, houseplants, succulents, ornamentals and more. Save time and money with this quick and easy solution to mildew, mold, and fungus. *Test spray a few leaves full application*
- FARMER RECOMMENDED – Unique blend of food-grade PREMIUM essential oils including garlic, thyme, clove and peppermint oils broken down to NANO-SIZE particles for MAXIMUM COVERAGE. Crop Control is made with natural food-grade ingredients so you can feel good about what you are putting on your plants and the planet.
- GUARANTEED TO WORK FOR YOU – We are totally confident that Trifecta Crop Control will work for you, as it has for thousands of other growers. With your Trifecta Crop Control purchase, you are protected by Amazon’s money-back guarantee (all terms apply) so you can order now with CONFIDENCE.
Additional Info :
- KILLS & REPELS. A preventative and a treatment, this spray is a natural pest repellent, and kills mosquitoes, ants, fleas, ticks, roaches, flies, scorpions, chiggers, crickets, chinch bugs, japanese beetles, no-see-ums, gnats and more. Safe alternative to conventional pesticide sprays, baits, ant granules, zappers or foggers.
- SPRAY & PLAY! Safe around cats, dogs and people of all ages, with no wait time for drying or reentry into sprayed outside areas. Just attach directly to a garden hose, spray your backyard, and enjoy. Keep the bottle & Refill the sprayer with our Outdoor Pest Control Concentrate!
- TREATS UP TO 5,000 SQUARE FEET. A bug control spray that can be safely used on lawns, gardens, grass, picnic areas, playgrounds, patios, vegetables, flowers, siding, brick, paint and more. Treat an existing pest infestation or for prevention. Application coverage depends on water pressure and walking speed.
- NO HARSH CHEMICALS. No artificial colors, fragrances or harsh pesticides. Made in the USA from powerful, sustainable plant-based ingredients. Cruelty free and biodegradable. Keep the bottle & Refill the sprayer with our Outdoor Pest Control Concentrate!
- POWERED BY NATURE, AS POWERFUL AS PERMETHRIN. Powered by cedar oil, our eco-friendly formula is proven to kill and repel pests. Safe when sprayed outdoors around pets, kids, and beneficial insects like bees and butterflies. Permethrin-Free. Packaging may vary.
Additional Info :
- Newly Revised with the Latest, Safest Organic Solutions.
Additional Info :
Additional Info :
- CONTAINS BOTANICAL INSECTICIDES: Spray on roses, vegetables, houseplants, ornamentals, trees, shrubs and flowers right up to the day of harvest.
- KILLS ON CONTACT: Kills aphids, tomato hornworms, green fruitworms and other listed insects.
- PROTECTS YOUR WHOLE GARDEN: Use both indoors and outdoors.
- READY-TO-USE PEST CONTROL: Spray upper and lower leaf surfaces – no mixing required.
- APPLY AS NEEDED: Treat weekly or apply as needed to control infestations (up 10 to times per season).
Additional Info :