One of the most interesting issue that we need to consider is pest control. It might be a big problem to genus plants, because some of them being threatened by natural pests. Here are some kinds of natural pesticides that you can make and use. Pest control can be a challenging task. Many garden and herb growers find themselves at the mercy of powerful chemicals that they apply in spray form on their crops. These sprays are typically made from synthetic substances which often have many side effects when they come in contact with humans, animals, and the environment. Natural pesticides are an alternative to this problem.
Natural Pest Control For Herbs
Spraying plants with strong jet of water
In addition to being an effective way to control pests in the garden, spraying plants with a strong jet of water is also recommended as a safe and natural way to repel bugs. Though it’s not ideal in all cases, this method may be useful for herbs that aren’t being grown indoors or around young children or pets.
To begin, you’ll need a spray bottle filled with water and sprayed directly onto your plant. It’s important that you get the water out of the nozzle as quickly as possible so there isn’t much water sitting on top of your plant when you’re done spraying—this can cause disease if left for long periods of time!
Spraying should be done early in the morning before temperatures rise too high or late at night after cool temperatures have fallen again (and won’t be followed by extreme heat). Doing so will help ensure effectiveness while preventing damage from excessive moisture on leaves during hot days where humidity levels are low enough for insects’ survival rates; these conditions make it harder for them to fly away from danger without succumbing first due to dehydration or overheating issues. In other words: don’t worry about getting soaked!
Spray plants with insecticidal soap
Insecticidal soap is effective against most pests and works by blocking the lungs of the insect, causing it to drown. The best types of insecticidal soap are those that contain fatty acids, which kill soft-bodied insects like aphids and mites.
When spraying your herbs with insecticidal soap, be sure to use a spray bottle that has a narrow tip so you can target both sides of the leaves. Since this is an organic treatment for pest control, you will have to repeat applications as required. It should also be noted that some plants are sensitive to insecticide sprays such as this one; make sure you test them on a small area first before applying all over your plant
Use compost tea to fertilize plants
Compost tea is a liquid fertilizer that has been brewed from compost. It can be used as a soil drench, foliar spray or for root drenches. Compost tea contains many beneficial microorganisms that help plants grow and fend off diseases and pests. The main benefit of compost tea is that it’s alive with beneficial microbes which will help your herbs flourish in your garden soil!
Compost tea can be used as a foliar spray when applied directly to the leaves of the plant; use one part compost to nine parts water (or 2 gallons/8 liters per 100 square feet). It’s also possible to apply this mixture at ground level as well by digging in between rows or around individual plants with a watering wand attached at one end so that you don’t have any spills while mixing up the solution!
This method works best on vegetables grown in raised beds where each plant gets its own space because there aren’t many weeds competing for nutrients like there would be if common garden crops were planted together instead (which would make using pesticides necessary). Vegetable gardens often contain lots of green leafy vegetables such as lettuce greens like arugula which need plenty of nitrogen-rich fertilizer added into them throughout their growing season so they don’t yellow out prematurely due perhaps too much competition from neighboring plants nearby competing over resources like light exposure along with soil moisture content levels changing constantly due rain showers hitting unexpectedly during hot summer months when temperatures spike higher than expected
Apply diatomaceous earth to the soil around plants
You can also apply diatomaceous earth to the soil around herbs to keep pests at bay. Diatomaceous earth is a powder made from the fossilized remains of tiny, aquatic organisms called diatoms. It contains sharp edges that cut through waxy layers on the outside of insects’ bodies, dehydrating them and eventually killing them.
It’s best to apply diatomaceous earth in dry weather because excess rain or watering will wash away its effectiveness. You can use a dusting applicator—a small hand-held device that looks like a little broomstick with a fan attached—to spread it evenly over your plants’ roots and leaves without getting your hands dirty!
Maintain healthy soil by rotating crops
When you’re growing herbs in your garden, it’s important to maintain healthy soil by rotating crops. This helps to prevent pests and diseases from becoming a problem.
Planting the same crop in the same location year after year can result in pests building up their populations on that specific patch of land. The more often you rotate crops, the less likely you are to have an infestation of pests or disease. Crop rotation also improves soil health because each type of plant requires different nutrients from the soil.
There are many natural ways to keep your herbs bug free.
There are many natural ways to keep your herbs bug free. Consistent maintenance is important, as is having healthy soil for your plants to be resistant to pests and diseases.
To prevent insects from damaging your herbs, avoid disturbing the soil when weeding and composting. Fertilize with compost and companion planting may also help deter pests altogether!
- Insect killer: kills aphids, mealybugs, mites, white flies, and more
- Fast acting: kills listed insects in minutes and is effective against adult, larvae, and nymph stages of pests
- Easy to use: ready-to-use bottle makes application easy
- Use on: for indoor or outdoor use on roses, flowers, fruits, vegetables, and even houseplants
- For use on vegetables, flowers, fruits and houseplants
Additional Info :
- Extra Concentrated for Long-Lasting Protection
- Natural Ingredients Proven Effective in the Real World
- Large 1 Gallon Container
- Powerful Essential Oil
Additional Info :
- CONTAINS BOTANICAL INSECTICIDES: Spray on roses, vegetables, houseplants, ornamentals, trees, shrubs and flowers right up to the day of harvest.
- KILLS ON CONTACT: Kills aphids, tomato hornworms, green fruitworms and other listed insects.
- PROTECTS YOUR WHOLE GARDEN: Use both indoors and outdoors.
- READY-TO-USE PEST CONTROL: Spray upper and lower leaf surfaces – no mixing required.
- APPLY AS NEEDED: Treat weekly or apply as needed to control infestations (up 10 to times per season).
Additional Info :
- Newly Revised with the Latest, Safest Organic Solutions.
Additional Info :
- MAXIMUM STRENGTH READY TO USE SPRAY – No mixing required. Trifecta Crop Control Ready To Use is diluted at maximum strength 2oz per gallon ratio. Simply point and spray and thoroughly wet the plants until foliage is dripping including the underside of the leaves and the surface of the growing medium.
- EASY SOLUTION TO HELP BEAT MILDEW, MITES, AND MOLD – Crop Control is the natural growers’ choice to help protect and cure Powdery Mildew, Spider Mites, Russet Mites, Broad Mites, Botrytis, Grey Mold, Aphids, fungal and parasitic species on plants.
- SAFE FOR USE ON MOST PLANTS – Use for most crops including fruits, vegetables, herbs, spices, roses, flowers, trees, shrubs, houseplants, succulents, ornamentals and more. Save time and money with this quick and easy solution to mildew, mold, and fungus. *Test spray a few leaves full application*
- FARMER RECOMMENDED – Unique blend of food-grade PREMIUM essential oils including garlic, thyme, clove and peppermint oils broken down to NANO-SIZE particles for MAXIMUM COVERAGE. Crop Control is made with natural food-grade ingredients so you can feel good about what you are putting on your plants and the planet.
- GUARANTEED TO WORK FOR YOU – We are totally confident that Trifecta Crop Control will work for you, as it has for thousands of other growers. With your Trifecta Crop Control purchase, you are protected by Amazon’s money-back guarantee (all terms apply) so you can order now with CONFIDENCE.
Additional Info :