Natural Pest Control For Roaches
Boric acid is a natural pesticide. It’s a white powder that you can get in the cleaning section of most supermarkets. Boric acid is safe for use around children and pets, and it works by dehydrating the cockroach.
Boric acid doesn’t kill on contact; instead, it acts as an irritant that causes roaches to die by drinking water or eating food contaminated with boric acid. When roaches consume contaminated food or water, they contract dermatitis (an allergic response) and eventually die from dehydration or starvation due to their inability to digest the contaminated food.
Essential oils are a great natural insecticide, and they’re also easy to use. All you need is a couple of drops of the essential oil you choose to mix with water in a spray bottle. Some of the best essential oils for roaches are peppermint, spearmint, lavender, eucalyptus, tea tree (melaleuca), cinnamon, clove and orange.
Catnip is a natural pesticide that can be used to repel cockroaches. Catnip is also safe for cats. This means that you can use catnip in the same way as you would use conventional pesticides and it will not harm your cat or yourself.
To get rid of roaches using catnip, simply crush up some dried catnip leaves and sprinkle them around the floorboards and along baseboards where cockroaches are most likely to roam.
The scent of bay leaves repels cockroaches, so if you have a large infestation, try putting some around your home. You can buy them at the grocery store and place them strategically. If you have a smaller infestation, place them in a small container or even better: in a large container with holes drilled into it so that the roaches can get inside to eat the leaves but cannot escape.
Bay leaves are safe for use around pets and children.
Cucumber peels are another natural pesticide that you can try in your home to control roaches. Cucumbers are low in pesticides and can be used as a natural pesticide for a quick and easy way to get rid of these pests.
How to use cucumber peels as a natural pesticide:
- Take cucumber peels from a fresh, organic cucumber and rub them along baseboards and other areas where roaches like to hide.
- Replace the cucumbers every two days or so until the problem is solved. How often you need to do this will depend on how many roaches you have in your home and how bad their infestation is!
Mint spray is one of the best natural insecticides for roaches. It’s simple to make and highly effective at killing insects that are already in your home. Here’s how to prepare it:
- Put 1/4 cup mint leaves in a blender and run on high for 30 seconds until finely chopped.
- Pour into a clean glass jar with an airtight lid along with 1 tablespoon rubbing alcohol, then seal tightly and shake well until combined (this will help keep the mixture from going bad).
- Use 1 teaspoon per gallon of water during application; apply as needed, but not more than once every three days, as excessive use could lead to dangerous levels of toxicity for pets or humans if ingested directly by them (it’s safe when used externally around their habitat). You can also spray this mixture directly onto insects; however, results might take longer due to dilution from evaporation during spraying activity—this means more frequent applications may be necessary than expected if you’re looking for immediate results!
Powdered peppermint tea bags
To make the powder, simply place peppermint tea bags in a blender and blend them for about 30-60 seconds until they are completely pulverized. Sprinkle this powder wherever you have seen roaches or suspect that they are living—under sinks and other appliances, in corners of rooms, behind cabinets, etc. This will keep the cockroaches away from those areas while also getting rid of them if they’re already there. The peppermint will kill off these pests quickly and easily!
Diatomaceous earth is made from the skeletons of freshwater diatoms, single-celled organisms that live in lakes and rivers. The diatom skeletons are crushed into a fine powder and used as an abrasive cleaning product. This powder also happens to be deadly to insects because it cuts through their exoskeletons, drying them out and causing them to die from dehydration.
Diatomaceous earth works as a natural roach killer because it’s safe for humans, but deadly for roaches (and other insects). Since this substance is not toxic enough to kill you or your pets if ingested by accident, you can use it in your home without worrying about harming yourself or others who live with you.
To apply diatomaceous earth around cracks and crevices where cockroaches may hide:
Try these natural pesticide treatments for your cockroach problem.
- You can make your own pesticide using the following recipe:
- 1 cup of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of borax
- 2 tablespoons of dishwashing liquid
- Mix all ingredients in a plastic container, and store in an airtight container. Don’t store near heat sources or direct sunlight because this may damage the effectiveness of the pesticide. When you’re ready to use it, add water until it looks like pudding and apply with a spoon or spray bottle as needed. This homemade roach killer is effective against most insects, but doesn’t work on silverfish or other types of bugs.
- You can also use diatomaceous earth (DE) around cracks and crevices where cockroaches tend to hide out indoors—it’s safe for pets too! Just sprinkle some DE along baseboards or underneath cabinets where there are likely hiding places for these pests; repeat once every few months if necessary so that no egg cases remain behind. Do not apply directly onto furniture surfaces such as tables where children might touch them unknowingly because DE can cause irritation when touched directly with bare hands; always wear gloves when handling any type of powdery substance such as diatomaceous earth so that you don’t risk inhaling any dust particles!
- KILLS & REPELS. A preventative and a treatment, this pet-safe insect spray kills and repels indoor pests and keeps your home pest-free. Kills flying, crawling, biting and stinging pests including ants, roaches, spiders, flies, fleas, ticks, wasps, scorpions, mosquitoes, fruit flies, silverfish, moths, gnats, carpet beetles, earwigs, palmetto bugs, waterbugs.
- PROTECT YOUR HOME. This versatile bug control spray is also an indoor flea treatment and flea killer for your home. It kills fleas in carpet, furniture, bedding and flooring, and eliminates adults, eggs, and larvae in the home without staining.
- SAFE FOR DOGS & CATS. Pet-friendly, this spray is gentle enough to use several times a week around your loved ones, throughout the house, yet powerful enough to fully eliminate pests and provide lasting defense of your household from invading insects.
- PLANT-BASED AND POWERFULLY EFFECTIVE. Using natural essential oils, this spray is a safe alternative to electronic bug zappers, lights, traps, powders, granules and conventional pesticides. No artificial colors, fragrances or harsh chemicals. Biodegradable. Cruelty-Free.
- EASY-TO-USE. This eco-friendly biopesticide can be sprayed easily around the home, throughout the kitchen, bathroom, and any other living areas. Simply spray around windows, doors, baseboards, under sinks, in cabinets, and around appliances. Works great for dog kennels and cat condos, too! Spray as often as desired for a pest-free home. Made in the USA from naturally-derived ingredients and safe around children. Safe when used as directed.
Additional Info :
- FRESH SCENT: EcoSmart’s Natural Indoor/Outdoor Home Pest Control eliminates ants, roaches, crickets, ticks and other household pests by contact with the help of essential oils, such as Rosemary, Clove and Thyme, so there’s no overbearing, harsh, chemical smell- only a fresh scent and no bugs
- ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY: Our natural, plant-based formula kills home pests without harming fish, wildlife and does not contaminate groundwater supplies, so you can feel good about using EcoSmart
- CHILD AND PET FRIENDLY: Safe to use around children and pets (when used as directed)
- NO CHEMICAL: Take chemicals out of your lawn, garden and home equation with EcoSmart
- MADE IN THE USA
Additional Info :
- KILLS & REPELS. A preventative and a treatment, this spray is a natural pest repellent, and kills mosquitoes, ants, fleas, ticks, roaches, flies, scorpions, chiggers, crickets, chinch bugs, japanese beetles, no-see-ums, gnats and more. Safe alternative to conventional pesticide sprays, baits, ant granules, zappers or foggers.
- SPRAY & PLAY! Safe around cats, dogs and people of all ages, with no wait time for drying or reentry into sprayed outside areas. Just attach directly to a garden hose, spray your backyard, and enjoy. Keep the bottle & Refill the sprayer with our Outdoor Pest Control Concentrate!
- TREATS UP TO 5,000 SQUARE FEET. A bug control spray that can be safely used on lawns, gardens, grass, picnic areas, playgrounds, patios, vegetables, flowers, siding, brick, paint and more. Treat an existing pest infestation or for prevention. Application coverage depends on water pressure and walking speed.
- NO HARSH CHEMICALS. No artificial colors, fragrances or harsh pesticides. Made in the USA from powerful, sustainable plant-based ingredients. Cruelty free and biodegradable. Keep the bottle & Refill the sprayer with our Outdoor Pest Control Concentrate!
- POWERED BY NATURE, AS POWERFUL AS PERMETHRIN. Powered by cedar oil, our eco-friendly formula is proven to kill and repel pests. Safe when sprayed outdoors around pets, kids, and beneficial insects like bees and butterflies. Permethrin-Free. Packaging may vary.
Additional Info :
- Kills and Repels Over 100 Home Invading Pests
- Use in All Areas In & Around Your Home, Including Kitchens
- Environmentally Safe
- Works Fast!
- 64 oz. Ready to Use
Additional Info :
- NATURALLY REPEL PESTS – A patented encapsulation process combines the ultra-powerful combination of essential oils in a convenient to use pouch form, proven to repel a multitude of different pests. Cedar, Cinnamon, Lemongrass, Rosemary, Mint, and Peppermint oil create the ultimate pest control barrier. Proven safe mouse repellent for indoor and outdoor use.
- LONG-LASTING PROTECTION – Our 12 PACK of Pest Control Pouches last from 6 months to 1 year. Place in a small-enclosed area to repel Rats, Mice, Spiders, Silverfish, Roaches, Ants, Pantry Moth, Snakes, Squirrels, and dozens of other pests. Contains a powerful amount of peppermint oil to repel mice and rats. Works like magic as a squirrel repellent to keep them out of your attic and basement.
- NO MESS, EASY TO USE – Simply place 1 odorant pouch in any enclosed space up to 10 cubic feet to deter pests from intrusion or nesting. Perfect for closets, pantries, vehicles, RV, practically anywhere. Great rodent repellent for car engines that keep rats and mice from chewing on your engine’s wiring and cables.
- SAFE AND ECONOMICAL – Pest Block Pest Control Pouches are the safe alternative to chemicals and poison. The clean fresh smell of 100% pure essential oils repel pests & are always safe around you and your family. The perfect alternative to a Mouse Trap, Rat Trap, Rat poison, Roach Killer, Insect Killer, Moth Trap, Moth Balls, or Pest Repeller. 1 Pouch ALL PESTS.
- MONEY BACK GUARANTEE – Try Our Pest Control Pouches 100% Risk-Free for 60 days and if you are not absolutely satisfied with the pest repelling results, we will immediately refund your entire purchase.
Additional Info :