If you are a lover of growing your own tomatoes, then you know the dangers that exist in killing all the pests that could potentially attack the tomato plants. There are numerous chemicals (organic and inorganic) that can be used in killing these pests, and you should always follow the instructions provided on these products. However, if you’re looking for some natural alternatives to deal with these pests, then this article is just what you’ve been looking for. Gardening can be a great way to grow your own healthy food year round. But planting and growing your own food isn’t without its challenges. Garden pests like insects and animals can wreak havoc on an organic garden. That’s why it is important to make sure you are using natural pest control methods to keep the garden pests under control.
Natural Pest Control For Tomatoes
You can discourage pests from eating your tomatoes by keeping your plants healthy.
Keeping your tomato plants healthy will help them produce their own natural pesticides. This is because a healthy plant has a stronger immune system, which allows it to make its own organic insect repellents. A pest-free tomato plant also has more energy available for making fruit than one that has been damaged by hungry bugs.
There are several things you can do to keep your tomato plants strong and healthy:
The best way to control tomato pests is by picking them off.
The best way to control tomato pests is by picking them off. Using your fingers is the most basic method, but if you’re not fast enough a “beater,” a garden hose or even a vacuum can help knock pests off the plant.
You can deter tomato worms from eating your tomatoes by covering them with floating row cover.
If a tomato worm is not a garden pest that you want to handle, then use floating row cover. Floating row covers protect against many different types of weather damage, including bugs and animals eating your plants. Floating row covers are also non-toxic solutions that help keep soil moist and protect plants from wind, sun and frost damage.
You can discourage some tomato pests with companion planting.
For example, you could plant garlic and chives around your tomato plants. Garlic has been shown to repel aphids, while chives have been known to keep Japanese beetles away from tomatoes. You might also consider planting marigold flowers or oregano in your garden bed. Both of these plants can also help deter pests from eating your tomato plants’ leaves and stems.
In addition to companion planting, you can use organic sprays on your tomatoes that are made from ingredients like neem oil, pyrethrum powder (made from chrysanthemum flowers), or rotenone (a poison derived from the roots of tropical legumes). These sprays will kill many pests including aphids, cutworms, flea beetles and stink bugs without harming beneficial insects like ladybugs or bees – which is great news if you want a pesticide-free garden!
Tomatoes are very prone to diseases and pests, but you can combat these issues naturally if you know how to do so.
If you have a tomato plant in your garden, then it’s very likely that you will be dealing with pests and diseases. There are many different types of pests that can affect tomatoes, including aphids, whiteflies, spider mites and scale insects.
The best way to control these pests is by using natural methods that are more environmentally friendly than using chemical pesticides. These methods include:
- Hand-picking or knocking off infestations with a rolled up newspaper
- Mixing garlic and water into a spray for use on the leaves of plants
- Using neem oil as an insect repellent
- NATURAL SOLUTION TO BEAT MILDEW, MITES, AND MOLD – Crop Control is hands down the BEST choice to protect and cure Powdery Mildew, Spider Mites, Russet Mites, Broad Mites, Botrytis, Grey Mold, Aphids, fungal and parasitic species on plants.
- SUPER CONCENTRATED FORMULA SIMPLE AND EASY TO USE – Every half ounce of Trifecta Crop Control makes one gallon of ready to use spray – Simply mix with water and spray on your plants to prevent and cure up to one week before harvest and stay clean of mildew, mites and mold. The simultaneous modes of action create a powerful defense system that stops fungal and parasitic species dead in their tracks
- SAFE FOR USE ON MOST PLANTS – Use for all crops including fruits, vegetables, herbs, spices, roses, flowers, trees, shrubs, houseplants, succulents, ornamentals and more with a no rinse, no residue spray. Save time and money with this quick and easy solution to mildew, mold, and fungus.
- FARMER RECOMMENDED – Unique blend of food grade HIGHEST-QUALITY essential oils including garlic, thyme, clove and peppermint oils broken down to NANO-SIZE particles for MAXIMUM COVERAGE. Crop Control contains all-natural ingredients and pet-friendly and food grade product so you can feel good about what you are putting on your plants and the planet.
- TOTAL HAPPINESS GUARANTEE – We are totally confident that Trifecta Crop Control will WORK for you. For ANY reason whatsoever, simply send us a message and we will be happy to offer you a fast, prompt refund. NO QUESTIONS ASKED.
Additional Info :
- Insect killer: kills aphids, mealybugs, mites, white flies, and more
- Fast acting: kills listed insects in minutes and is effective against adult, larvae, and nymph stages of pests
- Easy to use: ready-to-use bottle makes application easy
- Use on: for indoor or outdoor use on roses, flowers, fruits, vegetables, and even houseplants
- For use on vegetables, flowers, fruits and houseplants
Additional Info :
- CONTAINS BOTANICAL INSECTICIDES: Spray on roses, vegetables, houseplants, ornamentals, trees, shrubs and flowers right up to the day of harvest.
- KILLS ON CONTACT: Kills aphids, tomato hornworms, green fruitworms and other listed insects.
- PROTECTS YOUR WHOLE GARDEN: Use both indoors and outdoors.
- READY-TO-USE PEST CONTROL: Spray upper and lower leaf surfaces – no mixing required.
- APPLY AS NEEDED: Treat weekly or apply as needed to control infestations (up 10 to times per season).
Additional Info :
- MAXIMUM STRENGTH READY TO USE SPRAY – No mixing required. Trifecta Crop Control Ready To Use is diluted at maximum strength 2oz per gallon ratio. Simply point and spray and thoroughly wet the plants until foliage is dripping including the underside of the leaves and the surface of the growing medium.
- EASY SOLUTION TO HELP BEAT MILDEW, MITES, AND MOLD – Crop Control is the natural growers’ choice to help protect and cure Powdery Mildew, Spider Mites, Russet Mites, Broad Mites, Botrytis, Grey Mold, Aphids, fungal and parasitic species on plants.
- SAFE FOR USE ON MOST PLANTS – Use for most crops including fruits, vegetables, herbs, spices, roses, flowers, trees, shrubs, houseplants, succulents, ornamentals and more. Save time and money with this quick and easy solution to mildew, mold, and fungus. *Test spray a few leaves full application*
- FARMER RECOMMENDED – Unique blend of food-grade PREMIUM essential oils including garlic, thyme, clove and peppermint oils broken down to NANO-SIZE particles for MAXIMUM COVERAGE. Crop Control is made with natural food-grade ingredients so you can feel good about what you are putting on your plants and the planet.
- GUARANTEED TO WORK FOR YOU – We are totally confident that Trifecta Crop Control will work for you, as it has for thousands of other growers. With your Trifecta Crop Control purchase, you are protected by Amazon’s money-back guarantee (all terms apply) so you can order now with CONFIDENCE.
Additional Info :
Additional Info :