Organic vegetable gardening is a great way to ensure you provide healthy vegetables and fruits that your family can eat. It is also an ecologically friendly method of cultivating vegetables because you won’t have to use chemical fertilizers or pesticides, which may harm the environment if they get into the rivers, lakes and streams. There are some organic pest control methods that will help keep plants happy and healthy in your vegetable garden. Pest management is a problem in the vegetable garden. Ideally, we’d all like to have beautiful and bountiful plant crops that are edible and free of insects and diseases. But we’ve got to fight nature to get there. The key is not to over-apply insecticides, because they can poison the soil, harm our health, kill birds of pray (or worse yet, kids gathering eggs from the nest!), among other things. The most important thing you can do for your veggie garden is provide the plants with a pesticide-free bio-habitat wherein which beneficial insects will help control pests on their own.
Natural Pest Control For Vegetable Plants
Keep your garden clean.
- Keep your garden clean. Remove weeds, dead plants and fallen fruit regularly. Do not compost diseased plant material.
- Weed regularly to keep the garden free of debris and weeds.
The location where you plant your vegetable plants will make a big difference in how much natural pest control you need to do. For example, if you’re planting in raised beds, keep in mind that pests are less likely to invade because there are fewer entrances for them to access the plants. Another good thing about raised beds is that they don’t have an excess of water sitting around at the bottom of them—which makes it harder for pests like slugs or snails to get into them. Plus, they’re easy to access when it’s time for watering or other maintenance tasks!
Marigolds are a great choice for repelling insects. They’re also an extremely hardy plant, so they’ll last longer than most other flowers in your garden. You can plant them around the perimeter of your vegetable plants and you may even see some spiders and other insects on the marigold leaves rather than your vegetables!
Other flowering plants that are known to repel insects include: calendula, cosmos, dill, lavender, nasturtiums (also known as “Indian cress”), parsley, Queen Anne’s lace (wild carrot), rosemary and sage
Try companion planting.
Companion planting is a great way to get your vegetables growing better. It’s said that companion planting can help plants grow better, produce more, and repel insects.
However, not all plants get along well together; some will inhibit the growth of others.
Use floating row covers.
Another simple way to protect your plants from pests is by using floating row covers. These lightweight materials help create a barrier between plants and pests, which can be used on an individual plant or over a whole row (depending on the size of your garden). You can also use them to protect your crops from extreme hot or cold temperatures. You’ll find them especially useful if you have birds that regularly feast at your fruit trees—this will keep them away!
Use sticky traps.
- Use sticky traps. A sticky trap is a good way to monitor insect pests and their populations on your plants. You can buy or make your own, but they’re typically small cardboard squares with a glue-like substance on them that traps insects when they touch it. They’re used for any number of pests, including aphids, whiteflies, mealybugs and more. The traps are easy to set up: just hang one in between two branches so that it’s out of reach from animals or children (or both). Check the traps regularly and dispose of any insects caught on them!
- Dish soap and water
Dish soap is a very effective way to control aphids, whiteflies and thrips. Simply spray your plants with a mixture of dish soap and water (1 tsp. per 1 gallon of water), then rinse off after 24 hours.
- Homemade garlic spray
Garlic is an excellent natural pesticide for controlling aphids, mites, thrips and leaf miners. To make this spray, peel 12 cloves of fresh garlic; crush them in each hand until they’re mushy; add 1/4 cup vegetable oil or water to the mushy garlic; place the mixture into a blender; blend until it forms a smooth paste; add 4 cups warm tap water to the blender along with 4 Tbsp baking soda; mix well; pour into an empty pump-style paint canister or other container that has been thoroughly cleaned out using one part bleach mixed with nine parts hot water; shake well before each use until all ingredients are dissolved (this will keep for up to 6 weeks). Spray both sides of leaves as needed—for best results apply every 7-10 days during growing season when weather is milder outside (you can also add some vinegar as an ingredient if desired).
Protect your plants without hurting the environment with these methods for natural pest control for vegetable plants
Protect your plants without hurting the environment with these methods for natural pest control for vegetable plants:
- Plant herbs and flowers that attract good bugs. Certain herbs and flowers are known to be beneficial to insects, especially bees. Try planting mint, fennel and dill in your garden. If you have a small urban yard, consider growing lavender around your baseboards or windows to keep spiders away.
- Use garlic spray on leaves as an alternative insecticide that targets aphids but not bees or hummingbirds (who are poisoned by the fumes).
- Use an insecticidal soap if you don’t want to use harsh chemicals on your vegetable plants—it’s made from potassium salts mixed with water! Scrubbing off leaf surfaces also helps remove pests like spider mites by removing their protective layer of webbing.)
- Try neem oil—it’s made from tree seeds native only to India so there’s no worry about introducing harmful substances back into our ecosystem again after using them once here! Although it doesn’t kill anything outright like some other organic pesticides do; instead it causes insects’ metabolism process called photomorphogenesis which disables vital processes needed for them surviving long-term survival.”
- 100% COLD PRESSED NEEM OIL: Our Deepthi Neem oil is just 100% Neem oil with Nothing added and Nothing Removed.
- ALL NATURAL PESTICIDE, MITICIDE, FUNGICIDE: This product kills and controls Aphids, Beetles, Caterpillars, Leafhoppers, Grasshoppers, Spider Mites, Scale, Whiteflies, Worms and other listed pests.
- PREVENTS & CONTROLS PLANT DISEASES: Our Cold pressed Neem oil effective in preventing and controlling Powdery Mildew and Black spots.
- HIGH AZADIRACHTIN CONTENT: Extracted from High Quality seeds our product comes with consistently high Azadirachtin content.
- HELPS WITH PET CARE: Being an all natural bug killer as well as fungicide, Neem oil makes a great multi-purpose spray for plants. It also helps with pet skin care as well as fleas and ticks.
Additional Info :
- FRESH SCENT: EcoSmart’s Natural Garden Insect Killer kills garden pests by contact with the help of plant essential oils, such as Rosemary Oil and Peppermint Oil, so there is no overbearing, harsh chemical smell- only a fresh scent and no bugs
- ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY: Our natural, plant-based formula is safe to use on ornamentals, shrubs, flowers, small trees, vegetables and fruit crops (household use only), but won’t harm fish, wildlife and does not contaminate groundwater supplies
- CHILD AND PET FRIENDLY: Safe to use around children and pets (when used as directed)
- NO CHEMICALS: Take chemicals out of your lawn, garden and home equation with EcoSmart
- MADE IN THE USA
Additional Info :
- NATURAL SOLUTION TO BEAT MILDEW, MITES, AND MOLD – Crop Control is hands down the BEST choice to protect and cure Powdery Mildew, Spider Mites, Russet Mites, Broad Mites, Botrytis, Grey Mold, Aphids, fungal and parasitic species on plants.
- SUPER CONCENTRATED FORMULA SIMPLE AND EASY TO USE – Every half ounce of Trifecta Crop Control makes one gallon of ready to use spray – Simply mix with water and spray on your plants to prevent and cure up to one week before harvest and stay clean of mildew, mites and mold. The simultaneous modes of action create a powerful defense system that stops fungal and parasitic species dead in their tracks
- SAFE FOR USE ON MOST PLANTS – Use for all crops including fruits, vegetables, herbs, spices, roses, flowers, trees, shrubs, houseplants, succulents, ornamentals and more with a no rinse, no residue spray. Save time and money with this quick and easy solution to mildew, mold, and fungus.
- FARMER RECOMMENDED – Unique blend of food grade HIGHEST-QUALITY essential oils including garlic, thyme, clove and peppermint oils broken down to NANO-SIZE particles for MAXIMUM COVERAGE. Crop Control contains all-natural ingredients and pet-friendly and food grade product so you can feel good about what you are putting on your plants and the planet.
- TOTAL HAPPINESS GUARANTEE – We are totally confident that Trifecta Crop Control will WORK for you. For ANY reason whatsoever, simply send us a message and we will be happy to offer you a fast, prompt refund. NO QUESTIONS ASKED.
Additional Info :
Additional Info :
Additional Info :