Ants are a common problem for homeowners and commercial properties. Ant infestations can be tricky to eradicate, especially if you don’t know what to look for. The last thing you want is to make your ant problem worse, or have expensive ants return. You might have an ant infestation in your home. And you might start searching how to get rid of ants permanently and naturally. You might be thinking about pesticides is the best way to get rid of ants, but that could be just another bad decision for humans. Here is why!
Natural Pesticide Ants
How to Get Rid of Ants
In order to get rid of ants, you’ll want to first understand which type of ant you have. There are about 12,000 different species of ants alone, so it can be tricky! You will then want to identify the source that is attracting them. Once you do this, you can eliminate that source and keep them at bay using natural repellents. If all else fails and your ant problem persists after taking these steps, call a professional exterminator who has experience dealing with ants in your area—you may need help from someone more knowledgeable on the topic than yourself!
Pest Control Methods
When you are dealing with ants, the first thing to do is to determine whether or not they are actually pests. Some species of ant are actually beneficial and can help control other pest problems in your home or garden. If you have a large colony of ants that appear to be attempting to invade your home or business, then you may want to consider using a pesticide for your ant control solution.
Use a pesticide: This method is effective but can be dangerous if it gets on skin or clothing so use extreme caution when applying pesticides for pest control. If the infestation is small enough, you may want to consider using boric acid powder which will kill the ants by dehydrating them. Ants enter an area through trails they create while looking for food; sealing off these entry points will prevent future invasions by preventing more ants from entering your building through these paths and reducing existing populations as well if this tactic fails then try baiting techniques listed below
Kill the Ant Colony
One of the best ways to get rid of ants is to kill the ant colony. The best way to do this is to use a natural ant killer that is specifically designed for this purpose.
Natural Kill Ants
If you want to kill ants naturally, then there are plenty of products on the market which can help you do so. One example is ant traps, which have been shown in studies conducted by scientists at Rutgers University in New Jersey as being effective against little black ants (Tetramorium caespitum). These products use pheromones as bait and contain enough poison inside them so that when an individual insect gets trapped inside, it will die before it has a chance to alert other members of its colony about its location via pheromone trails or other means
Natural Ant Repellents
- Put a line of chalk around the door. Ants will not cross the line, and it is easy to remove when you are ready to put your shoes back on.
- Sprinkle some borax powder around ant trails. Borax can be purchased in the laundry aisle at most grocery stores or Walmart and should be placed in areas where ants are entering your home. The easiest way is to sprinkle some borax over an ant trail when you see one outside; your house will remain ant free! Sprinkle some sugar with borax in a shallow bowl near an ant colony for best results .
- Use coffee grounds as bait for fire ants, which will carry them back to their nest where they can destroy it by eating through the soil walls of their underground home (this process could take days).
- Mix one teaspoon of sugar with one teaspoon of baking soda in a shallow bowl; add boiling water until mixture becomes gooey but still retains its original color and texture as much as possible – this will create an attractive lure that draws worker ants out from their colonies so they can consume it without harming themselves too much during digestion (which would otherwise kill them) – this process could take days).
Use these natural ant repellents to get rid of ants.
- Use plants that deter ants. Certain plants, like mint, are naturally repellent to ants. Plant these in areas where you have noticed a lot of ant activity or have been seeing an influx of the pesky insects.
- Spray with vinegar or lemon juice and water mixture. Mix one part vinegar with two parts water and spray it on areas where you have seen ants. Alternatively, you can soak cotton balls or rags in lemon juice and place them on the ground near entrances that may be attractive to ants (around your garbage cans).
- KILLS & REPELS. A preventative and a treatment, this plant-powered spray is handcrafted with the purest natural essential oils. Kills mosquitoes, ants, fleas, ticks, roaches, flies, scorpions, crickets, chinch bugs, japanese beetles, no-see-ums, gnats, and more. Safe alternative to conventional pesticide sprays, baits, ant granules, zappers or foggers.
- SPRAY & PLAY! Safe for cats, dogs and people of all ages, with no wait time for drying or reentry into sprayed outside areas. Just mix desired amount of product into any applicator and fill to the top with recommended amount of water, spray your backyard, and enjoy.
- TREATS UP TO 10,000 SQUARE FEET. A bug control spray that can be safely used on lawns, gardens, patios, grass, picnic areas, playgrounds, vegetables, flowers, siding, brick, paint and more. Treat an existing pest infestation or for prevention. Application coverage depends on water pressure and walking speed. Our concentrates are a great refill to the Wondercide Ready-to-Use Outdoor Pest Control Spray. Applicator required (not included).
- TREAT NATURE WITH NATURE. Our plant-derived concentrates are effective and powered by natural essential oils. Can be used safely on yards, gardens (including edible gardens), patios, flowers, siding, brick, paint, and more. Non-harsh formula.
- POWERED BY NATURE, AS POWERFUL AS PERMETHRIN. Powered by cedar oil, our eco-friendly formula is proven to kill and repel pests. Safe around pets, kids, and beneficial insects like bees and butterflies when sprayed outdoors. Permethrin-Free.
Additional Info :
- KILLS & REPELS. A preventative and a treatment, this pet-safe insect spray kills and repels indoor pests and keeps your home pest-free. Kills flying, crawling, biting and stinging pests including ants, roaches, spiders, flies, fleas, ticks, wasps, scorpions, mosquitoes, fruit flies, silverfish, moths, gnats, carpet beetles, earwigs, palmetto bugs, waterbugs.
- PROTECT YOUR HOME. This versatile bug control spray is also an indoor flea treatment and flea killer for your home. It kills fleas in carpet, furniture, bedding and flooring, and eliminates adults, eggs, and larvae in the home without staining.
- SAFE FOR DOGS & CATS. Pet-friendly, this spray is gentle enough to use several times a week around your loved ones, throughout the house, yet powerful enough to fully eliminate pests and provide lasting defense of your household from invading insects.
- PLANT-BASED AND POWERFULLY EFFECTIVE. Using natural essential oils, this spray is a safe alternative to electronic bug zappers, lights, traps, powders, granules and conventional pesticides. No artificial colors, fragrances or harsh chemicals. Biodegradable. Cruelty-Free.
- EASY-TO-USE. This eco-friendly biopesticide can be sprayed easily around the home, throughout the kitchen, bathroom, and any other living areas. Simply spray around windows, doors, baseboards, under sinks, in cabinets, and around appliances. Works great for dog kennels and cat condos, too! Spray as often as desired for a pest-free home. Made in the USA from naturally-derived ingredients and safe around children. Safe when used as directed.
Additional Info :
- 【Effectively Eliminates Roaches】: Cockroaches transmit a good number of harmful pathogens. It is something you do not tolerate to see in your kitchen, dining room or food storage. EcoVenger kills roaches on contact and repels them from entering treated areas for 4 weeks or longer. Unlike roach bait products that actually attract them, EcoVenger immediately cuts down roach activities. As an Amazon customer commented: “Not one nasty bug has been seen or heard from since we first sprayed.”
- 【For Home or for Commercial】: Easy to use remedy for roach infestations at home, restaurant or other commercial properties. Ideal for using as a flushing agent for restaurant re-open or property post-flood recovery to wipe out severe infestation without restriction or vacancy concern. Super effective for pesticide-resistant populations that has been repeatedly treated with pyrethroid-class pesticides. Can also use to eliminate other common crawling insect pests or perimeter pest control purpose.
- 【Proven by Published University Studies】：EcoVenger (Formerly EcoRaider) is rated #1 “the most effective among many other natural products”, stated in a leading university study published by the Journal of Economic Entomology. More studies have demonstrated that its efficacy is comparable to or higher than most popular chemical pesticides (Deltamethrin, Cyfluthrin and Chlorfenapyr). When comes to pesticide-resistant super bugs, it outperforms chemical pesticides by several folds!
- 【Natural & Non-Toxic but Highly Efficacious】：Its active ingredients are our proprietary combination of botanical insecticidal compounds that are organically extracted from aromatic plants. The compounds combination is lethal to insects by blocking their neuron transmitter but does not affect humans, animals, fish or birds.
- 【Your Safety is Our Priority】：EcoVenger went through strict examination by an EPA authorized lab to ensure that it causes no toxicity in dermal sensitization, oral intake, skin irritation, eye irritation or inhalation. Therefore the product can be safely used around children and the elderly. It is also pet, bird and fish friendly so you can use it almost anywhere with peace of mind. No need to vacate before spraying. No staining on most surfaces. Plus it has fast dissipating pleasant scent.
Additional Info :
- ELIMINATES HOME INVADING PESTS – Naturally Kills and Repels Home Invading Pests Including: House Roach, Spiders, Ants, Fleas, Earwigs, Stink Bugs, Mites, Scorpion, Silverfish, and other common household pests.
- NATURAL – Made with Natural and non-toxic ingredients, Germofin Pest Control Spray is the perfect solution for those looking to keep their homes free of pests and insects without the dangers of artificial sprays, baits, and pesticides commonly found on the market.
- FAST ACTING – Rapidtuff is not only Fast Acting but also Long Lasting. Kills Fast and helps Keeps them out.
- SAFE – Safe to use all around your home. Rapidtuff is a Natural Non Toxic Alternative to chemical based Pest Control Products. No worries of harmful fumes or dangerous poisons & chemicals coming in contact with you and your family.
- MONEY BACK GUARANTEE – Formulated by professional exterminators we guarantee Germofin Home Pest Control Spray is effective to work. Try 100% Risk-Free for 60 days and If you are not completely satisfied we will your purchase, no questions asked.
Additional Info :
- Ecoraider botanical bio-insecticide technology, rated 1 by entomological societly of america
- Kills 100% of ants within 1 minute, it also breaks down ants’ trail and prevent from re-grouping and re-entry for 4 weeks or longer.
- For use both indoor and outdoor to control existing and invading insects including ants, mites, lice
- Uncompromising effectiveness outperforms traditional pesticides
- Toxin-free and dermatologically safe, child, pet, bird and fish friendly
Additional Info :