Fruit trees are susceptible to several pests, pathogens and disease. Pesticides come in various types, but they all have one thing in common. They kill the pests by using either chemicals or natural agents to cause the insects to leave the fruit trees. Organic pesticides simply mean that they do not contain any major chemicals that would cause undesirable effects on the pests or the people around them. Synthetic pesticides are more effective than organic pesticides, but they are also much more dangerous when used improperly. A common problem of fruit trees, especially during the summer seasons, is the infestation of insects and other pests. A few years back, it was reported that more than half a billion dollars were spent to control the problem. There are numerous ways that one can limit and ward off such threats, with the use of pesticides being the most popular method. However, not everyone can comprehend its use due to various reasons.
Natural Pesticide For Fruit Trees
1. Add a tablespoon of baking soda to a gallon of water.
- Add a tablespoon of baking soda to a gallon of water.
Baking soda is an effective fungicide that can be used as a natural pesticide for fruit trees. It’s also an effective deodorizer and mild abrasive, which means that you can use it on your fruit trees to get rid of their bad smells and keep them from getting damaged by insects. Baking soda is also mildly acidic and alkaline—it’s somewhere in between those two on the pH scale, but it has properties that make it effective at fighting fungal diseases such as powdery mildew or apple scab (the latter being one of the most common fungal diseases).
2. Mix in a squirt of liquid soap.
Mix in a squirt of liquid soap. If you want to go with a natural option, use any kind of water-soluble liquid soap, not antibacterial soap. A quick search suggests that Ivory or Palmolive (without fragrance) work well for this purpose.
3. Spray the solution on trees affected by aphids and other pests.
- Spray the solution on trees affected by aphids and other pests.
Aphids and scale attack fruit trees, causing leaves to wither, buds to die off, and fruit tree production to decline. To control these pests, you need to spray the entire tree thoroughly with a mixture of water, dish soap, vegetable oil (or canola oil) and baking soda. Spray this solution every week until the pests are gone. Be sure to re-spray your fruit tree after rainfall or watering as well!
4. Repeat interactions once a week until the pests are gone, or as needed after rainfall.
To prepare for the next application, repeat steps 2 and 3. Repeat this process every week until you see a significant reduction in pests or until rain washes away the solution. The solution will last for a week in a sealed container but should be sprayed on both sides of the tree and on any branches that are subject to defoliation by insects.
To properly apply this natural pesticide, spray your fruit tree with a mixture of two tablespoons each water and baking soda per gallon of water (1:2 ratio). Spray all over your tree’s leaves so they are well covered with baking soda solution; not just where you see damage from insects eating them!
Homeowners are frequently bothered by fruit tree pest such as aphids and scale, but commercial pesticides often contain harsh chemicals that can contaminate food sources. The best way to deal with these pests is to use a natural pesticide like this one.
Homeowners are frequently bothered by fruit tree pests, such as aphids and scale. Commercial pesticides often contain harsh chemicals that can contaminate food sources. The best way to deal with these pests is to use a natural pesticide like this one.
- FOLIAGE PROTECTOR – Protects a wide range of vegetation including apples, pears, cherries, eggplant, beans, tomatoes, petunias, roses, and many more fruit, nut, and ornamental trees.
- CONTROLS A VARIETY OF INSECTS AND DISEASES – This pest control is great for use on aphids, Japanese beetles, leafhoppers, ants, crickets, cockroaches, and other pests. It also controls powdery mildew, apple scab, flyspeck, black mold and many more.
- COMPLETE COVERAGE – This product is a complete concentrate that contains insecticide, fungicide, miticide, aphicide, and scalicide. Designed specifically to protect home orchards from the ravages of listed insects and diseases.
- PERFECT FOR ALL SKILL LEVELS – Fruit Tree and Plant Guard Concentrate is an excellent multi-purpose product for hobby home orchardists of all skill levels.
- NEEDS TO BE MIXED – This product arrives as a concentrate that needs to be mixed before application. Depending on the desired results, there are various mixing rates for each plant. Make sure to read all directions on the label before use.
Additional Info :
- Special formula: specially-formulated to use on over 100 listed fruits, vegetables, and citrus plants to kill insects and prevent new infestations
- Insect killer: kills Asian Citrus Psyllids, aphids, whiteflies, and more
- Season-long protection: one easy application provides season-long protection without spraying
- Rainproof protection: systemic rainproof protection is absorbs and will not wash off
- Systemic rainproof formula
- Treats up to 640 Sq. Ft. of vegetables or up to 9 fruit trees
Additional Info :
- MAXIMUM STRENGTH READY TO USE SPRAY – No mixing required. Trifecta Crop Control Ready To Use is diluted at maximum strength 2oz per gallon ratio. Simply point and spray and thoroughly wet the plants until foliage is dripping including the underside of the leaves and the surface of the growing medium.
- EASY SOLUTION TO HELP BEAT MILDEW, MITES, AND MOLD – Crop Control is the natural growers’ choice to help protect and cure Powdery Mildew, Spider Mites, Russet Mites, Broad Mites, Botrytis, Grey Mold, Aphids, fungal and parasitic species on plants.
- SAFE FOR USE ON MOST PLANTS – Use for most crops including fruits, vegetables, herbs, spices, roses, flowers, trees, shrubs, houseplants, succulents, ornamentals and more. Save time and money with this quick and easy solution to mildew, mold, and fungus. *Test spray a few leaves full application*
- FARMER RECOMMENDED – Unique blend of food-grade PREMIUM essential oils including garlic, thyme, clove and peppermint oils broken down to NANO-SIZE particles for MAXIMUM COVERAGE. Crop Control is made with natural food-grade ingredients so you can feel good about what you are putting on your plants and the planet.
- GUARANTEED TO WORK FOR YOU – We are totally confident that Trifecta Crop Control will work for you, as it has for thousands of other growers. With your Trifecta Crop Control purchase, you are protected by Amazon’s money-back guarantee (all terms apply) so you can order now with CONFIDENCE.
Additional Info :
- NATURAL SOLUTION TO BEAT MILDEW, MITES, AND MOLD – Crop Control is hands down the BEST choice to protect and cure Powdery Mildew, Spider Mites, Russet Mites, Broad Mites, Botrytis, Grey Mold, Aphids, fungal and parasitic species on plants.
- SUPER CONCENTRATED FORMULA SIMPLE AND EASY TO USE – Every half ounce of Trifecta Crop Control makes one gallon of ready to use spray – Simply mix with water and spray on your plants to prevent and cure up to one week before harvest and stay clean of mildew, mites and mold. The simultaneous modes of action create a powerful defense system that stops fungal and parasitic species dead in their tracks
- SAFE FOR USE ON MOST PLANTS – Use for all crops including fruits, vegetables, herbs, spices, roses, flowers, trees, shrubs, houseplants, succulents, ornamentals and more with a no rinse, no residue spray. Save time and money with this quick and easy solution to mildew, mold, and fungus.
- FARMER RECOMMENDED – Unique blend of food grade HIGHEST-QUALITY essential oils including garlic, thyme, clove and peppermint oils broken down to NANO-SIZE particles for MAXIMUM COVERAGE. Crop Control contains all-natural ingredients and pet-friendly and food grade product so you can feel good about what you are putting on your plants and the planet.
- TOTAL HAPPINESS GUARANTEE – We are totally confident that Trifecta Crop Control will WORK for you. For ANY reason whatsoever, simply send us a message and we will be happy to offer you a fast, prompt refund. NO QUESTIONS ASKED.
Additional Info :
- Insect Killer – this pest control is great for use on aphids, leaf miners, leafhoppers, trips, spider mites, scales, whiteflies, mealybugs and many more. It gives poor control for caterpillars & worms. However, it does control eggs of all insects.
- Foliage protector – our insecticide is designed for use on a variety of trees & plants including corn, Potatoes, Apples, almonds, avocados, citrus, Peaches, pecans, blackberries, figs, pineapple and more.
- Dormant & growing season spray – this product is designed for safe use during both the dormant and growing season. Application during each season will increase the effectiveness of the product’s insect control.
- Organic gardening – our insecticide is OMRI listed and approved for organic gardening. Omri, the organic materials Review Institute, determines whether or not a product Qualifies as organic under the usda’s national organic program.
- Easy to use – this product mixes readily with water. It should be applied using a pump up or trigger sprayer. Use enough spray solution to completely penetrate the leaf canopy and cover both top and bottom of all leaves until wet without runoff.
Additional Info :