You do the best you can to keep the lawn healthy but it just doesn’t seem like enough. There are weeds all over the place, and it looks horrible. You can’t wait for summer to be over when you’ll get to weed your garden, but you’re worried about having to battle pests as well. The bugs that eat your plants, flowers, and vegetables also love feasting on the lawn. You’ve tried some sprays to repel them but that didn’t work either. I know what you’re going through because I had a similar problem myself, which is why I’ve put together this list of homemade organic pesticides to help you get rid of the bugs in your garden and keep them away this year and beyond.There’s a lot of different factors to consider when deciding what to spray on the plants in your organic garden. You need an organic pesticide that won’t dry out the plant you’re trying to protect, but will also kill any pests or bugs on it. Before you buy expensive and harmful conventional pesticides, check out this list of natural pesticides for your outdoors plants.
Natural Pesticide For Outdoor Plants
Natural Pesticide For Outdoor Plants
Natural pesticides are a great solution for anyone who wants to avoid synthetic chemicals. They’re often made with plants and plant products, which makes them safe for people and pets alike. This particular natural pesticide recipe is made with ingredients that you can find in most gardens. The oil of citronella, lemon eucalyptus and thyme are all proven effective against pests like slugs, ants and aphids. The resulting spray smells good too!
There are so many natural pesticide options out there but usually theyre not very effective
The fact is, there are plenty of natural pesticide options out there. And although most of them don’t work very well, that doesn’t mean you should give up on them entirely. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- You can use one kind of natural pesticide for your plants and another type for your yard or garden (if it’s smaller). If you have a large area to cover with just one type of plant, then pesticides might be the way to go. But if you’re using multiple types of plants throughout your yard or garden, then there will be no need for pesticides outdoors because each plant’s needs will differ slightly from other plants’ needs.
- Experiment with different ratios until you find what works best for your situation—and remember that even if something doesn’t work immediately, it may take time before results show themselves!
Theres a recipe that is said to be the most effective and easy to make
The recipe is highly effective, but it’s also very easy to make. There’s no need to add vegetable oil or dish soap, nor do you need hot pepper oil in your mixture.
The mixture can be made by mixing 2 cups water with 1 tablespoon of baking soda.
The ingredients are hot pepper oil garlic and dish soap
Next, the dish soap is an emulsifier. You can use another type of oil if you want to experiment with different effects. You can also use any kind of dish soap—the important thing is that it has to be a grease-cutting one like Dawn or other similar products.
The hot pepper oil and garlic pack quite a punch when it comes to insect deterrence, but they’re both non-toxic substances so you don’t have anything to worry about when using them around your plants.
If you have questions about how this spray works or what ingredients work best for your particular situation (i.e., vegetable garden versus flower garden), contact us at [email protected]
To mix mix one tablespoon of each with a liter of warm water you could add a little vegetable oil if you want it to stick better but it isnt necessary
- Mix hot pepper oil, garlic, and dish soap in a liter of warm water. You can add vegetable oil if you want it to stick better, but it isn’t necessary.
- Mix all these ingredients together until they’re well-mixed. You could also add some essential oils for extra odor elimination power!
- Spray your plants with the mixture, outside only please!
Spray entire plant liberally once or twice a week as needed
Oops! Click Regenerate Content below to try generating this section again.
This natural pesticide is super easy to make and highly effective
It’s easy to mix and use this pesticide. All the ingredients are easily found at your local grocery store, so you can whip it up right after you get home from work.
- A spray bottle (with a fine mist setting)
- Distilled water
- Dish soap (any kind will do)
- Tea tree oil or lavender essential oil (a couple of drops per quart of water will do)
- KILLS & REPELS. A preventative and a treatment, this spray is a natural pest repellent, and kills mosquitoes, ants, fleas, ticks, roaches, flies, scorpions, chiggers, crickets, chinch bugs, japanese beetles, no-see-ums, gnats and more. Safe alternative to conventional pesticide sprays, baits, ant granules, zappers or foggers.
- SPRAY & PLAY! Safe around cats, dogs and people of all ages, with no wait time for drying or reentry into sprayed outside areas. Just attach directly to a garden hose, spray your backyard, and enjoy. Keep the bottle & Refill the sprayer with our Outdoor Pest Control Concentrate!
- TREATS UP TO 5,000 SQUARE FEET. A bug control spray that can be safely used on lawns, gardens, grass, picnic areas, playgrounds, patios, vegetables, flowers, siding, brick, paint and more. Treat an existing pest infestation or for prevention. Application coverage depends on water pressure and walking speed.
- NO HARSH CHEMICALS. No artificial colors, fragrances or harsh pesticides. Made in the USA from powerful, sustainable plant-based ingredients. Cruelty free and biodegradable. Keep the bottle & Refill the sprayer with our Outdoor Pest Control Concentrate!
- POWERED BY NATURE, AS POWERFUL AS PERMETHRIN. Powered by cedar oil, our eco-friendly formula is proven to kill and repel pests. Safe when sprayed outdoors around pets, kids, and beneficial insects like bees and butterflies. Permethrin-Free. Packaging may vary.
Additional Info :
- MAXIMUM STRENGTH READY TO USE SPRAY – No mixing required. Trifecta Crop Control Ready To Use is diluted at maximum strength 2oz per gallon ratio. Simply point and spray and thoroughly wet the plants until foliage is dripping including the underside of the leaves and the surface of the growing medium.
- EASY SOLUTION TO HELP BEAT MILDEW, MITES, AND MOLD – Crop Control is the natural growers’ choice to help protect and cure Powdery Mildew, Spider Mites, Russet Mites, Broad Mites, Botrytis, Grey Mold, Aphids, fungal and parasitic species on plants.
- SAFE FOR USE ON MOST PLANTS – Use for most crops including fruits, vegetables, herbs, spices, roses, flowers, trees, shrubs, houseplants, succulents, ornamentals and more. Save time and money with this quick and easy solution to mildew, mold, and fungus. *Test spray a few leaves full application*
- FARMER RECOMMENDED – Unique blend of food-grade PREMIUM essential oils including garlic, thyme, clove and peppermint oils broken down to NANO-SIZE particles for MAXIMUM COVERAGE. Crop Control is made with natural food-grade ingredients so you can feel good about what you are putting on your plants and the planet.
- GUARANTEED TO WORK FOR YOU – We are totally confident that Trifecta Crop Control will work for you, as it has for thousands of other growers. With your Trifecta Crop Control purchase, you are protected by Amazon’s money-back guarantee (all terms apply) so you can order now with CONFIDENCE.
Additional Info :
- KILLS & REPELS. A preventative and a treatment, this plant-powered spray is handcrafted with the purest natural essential oils. Kills mosquitoes, ants, fleas, ticks, roaches, flies, scorpions, crickets, chinch bugs, japanese beetles, no-see-ums, gnats, and more. Safe alternative to conventional pesticide sprays, baits, ant granules, zappers or foggers.
- SPRAY & PLAY! Safe for cats, dogs and people of all ages, with no wait time for drying or reentry into sprayed outside areas. Just mix desired amount of product into any applicator and fill to the top with recommended amount of water, spray your backyard, and enjoy.
- TREATS UP TO 10,000 SQUARE FEET. A bug control spray that can be safely used on lawns, gardens, patios, grass, picnic areas, playgrounds, vegetables, flowers, siding, brick, paint and more. Treat an existing pest infestation or for prevention. Application coverage depends on water pressure and walking speed. Our concentrates are a great refill to the Wondercide Ready-to-Use Outdoor Pest Control Spray. Applicator required (not included).
- TREAT NATURE WITH NATURE. Our plant-derived concentrates are effective and powered by natural essential oils. Can be used safely on yards, gardens (including edible gardens), patios, flowers, siding, brick, paint, and more. Non-harsh formula.
- POWERED BY NATURE, AS POWERFUL AS PERMETHRIN. Powered by cedar oil, our eco-friendly formula is proven to kill and repel pests. Safe around pets, kids, and beneficial insects like bees and butterflies when sprayed outdoors. Permethrin-Free.
Additional Info :
- FRESH SCENT: EcoSmart’s Natural Garden Insect Killer kills garden pests by contact with the help of plant essential oils, such as Rosemary Oil and Peppermint Oil, so there is no overbearing, harsh chemical smell- only a fresh scent and no bugs
- ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY: Our natural, plant-based formula is safe to use on ornamentals, shrubs, flowers, small trees, vegetables and fruit crops (household use only), but won’t harm fish, wildlife and does not contaminate groundwater supplies
- CHILD AND PET FRIENDLY: Safe to use around children and pets (when used as directed)
- NO CHEMICALS: Take chemicals out of your lawn, garden and home equation with EcoSmart
- MADE IN THE USA
Additional Info :
- PLANT PROTECTOR – Designed for use on roses, flowers, houseplants, ornamental trees and shrubs, fruits, nuts, and vegetables in and around the home and home garden.
- INSECT KILLER – This pesticide is an effective pest control for use on aphids, spider mites, whiteflies, caterpillars, scales, midges and other listed insects. It kills eggs, larvae and adult stages of insects.
- PREVENTS FUNGAL ATTACKS – Rose Rx 3 in 1 is an effective fungicide for the prevention and control of various fungal diseases including black spot on roses, powdery mildew, downy mildew, anthracnose, rust leaf spot, scab, needle rust and more.
- READY TO USE – This product is conveniently ready to use when it arrives. The spray nozzle makes this product easy to deploy and treatment can even be used up to the day of harvest.
- ORGANIC GARDENING – Derived from Neem oil, our natural product is a great alternative to harsh, synthetic chemicals. It’s approved for organic gardening and is safe for use around people and pets.
Additional Info :