Bed bug bites are a serious problem for many people all over the world. They can be the cause of sleepless nights and an inescapable itch. If you are suffering from bed bugs, you want to know all of the natural ways to treat and perhaps prevent future bites from occurring. Bedbug bites happen, but luckily there’s a natural remedy for that. It’s fairly easy to make and is perfect for when you have an infestation in your house or when you’re traveling. The reason so many people suffer from this common issue is because they mistakenly think home remedies can’t work. If you don’t do anything about it immediately, the bite will swell and get worse.
Natural Remedy For Bed Bug Bites
To reduce the itching and swelling, apply an ice pack to the affected area. Alternatively, you can use an ice cold compress (do not put it directly on your skin). Wrap the ice pack or ice cold compress in a towel, to avoid damaging your skin with too much cold.
You can buy hydrocortisone cream at most drug stores and pharmacies. This cream is a very effective remedy for bed bug bites because it decreases inflammation and redness, which are common symptoms of being bitten by a bed bug. You can also use this product to treat other skin conditions, such as eczema or contact dermatitis (a skin irritation caused by an allergy or irritant).
Hydrocortisone cream can be used in conjunction with some natural remedies that we mention below. If you have sensitive skin, make sure to follow the directions on your specific brand of hydrocortisone cream carefully—you may need to apply it sparingly!
Another natural remedy that you can try is an oatmeal bath. Oats are known to be soothing and reduce the itchiness caused by bites, and they also contain anti-inflammatory properties.
To make a bath using oats:
- In a large bowl, mix ¼ cup of oatmeal with enough water to make it into a paste (about 1/4 cup)
- Apply this mixture to the affected area and let it sit for about 10 minutes
- Rinse off with warm water
Aloe vera gel has been used for centuries to treat skin conditions. It’s a natural anti-inflammatory and antibacterial, so it works well for rashes and insect bites. Aloe vera can also be used to treat sunburns, acne, or any other type of skin condition. If you’re looking for an all-natural remedy for bed bug bites, aloe vera may be the best option!
If you’re looking for a natural alternative to hydrocortisone cream, essential oils are the way to go. These can help alleviate the itching and swelling caused by bed bug bites, as well as being a natural repellant for bed bugs. They can also help with other skin related conditions such as eczema, acne and rosacea because they have anti-inflammatory properties which reduce redness and inflammation.
Essential oils are very concentrated so it’s important not to use too much at one time. If you find yourself in need of something stronger than tea tree oil then try jojoba oil instead – this is more viscous than tea tree oil but will still give you good results if applied correctly!
Apple Cider Vinegar
- Soak a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar, then apply it to the bite. The acidity of the vinegar helps stop the itching and dry out the bite.
- If you don’t have any apple cider vinegar handy, use lemon juice instead. It will help reduce swelling and redness as well as soothe your skin.
Baking soda paste
- Mix equal parts baking soda and water together to make a thick paste that you can spread on the affected area.
- Apply the paste to your bed bug bite, making sure to cover it completely.
- Let it dry for at least 15 minutes before washing off with cool water (not hot). Repeat as needed throughout the day until symptoms go away or until you run out of baking soda!
Lemon juice is another natural remedy that can help dry out the rash and reduce pain. It has astringent properties, which means it can help pull moisture from your skin. Applying lemon juice directly to the skin is also a good way to get rid of bed bug bites because it’s very acidic, which can kill bacteria and stop the itching sensation.
If you’re not into squeezing lemons with your hands, consider mixing lemon juice with water and then applying it with a cotton ball.
If you don’t trust using traditional medications on your skin, try these natural remedies.
Bed bug bites are unpleasant and can also lead to an allergic reaction. If you don’t trust using traditional medications on your skin, try these natural remedies:
- Baking soda paste. Mix baking soda with water until it becomes a thick paste and apply it directly to the bite area. Leave it on for at least 20 minutes before rinsing off with warm water. This will help draw out the venom from the bite site, but be sure not to use too much baking soda if you have sensitive skin as this may irritate it further.
- Lemon juice + water + sugar = relief! Mix together lemon juice, sugar (or honey) and warm water until dissolved in a bowl then dip cotton balls into mixture and apply directly onto each bed bug bite one at a time until desired effect is achieved.*
- Oatmeal bath & apple cider vinegar are both great ways at soothing itching caused by rashes or insect bites.* Aloe vera gel works well because its anti-inflammatory properties helps reduce swelling in your skin after being bitten by insects such as mosquitoes or fleas.* Essential oils such as lavender oil may also be helpful in relieving pain associated with insect bites if applied topically (i’m not sure what dose would be effective).
- ALL NATURAL FIRST AID + WOUND CARE, soothes and helps relieve symptoms associated with minor skin wounds, superficial burns, swelling, itching, pressure ulcers, venous stasis ulcers, impetigo, blood poisoning
- 100% ORGANIC OR WILD HARVESTED INGREDIENTS harness the power of nature’s medicine cabinet. Ingredients including marigold, echinacea, elderberry, extra virgin olive oil, beeswax, pine, and Canadian fir balsam
- TRIPLE ACTION FORMULA is based on a 160-year-old Indigenous “Miracle Salve” that helps to draw out impurities and increases blood circulation and oxygen to aid recovery without harmful ingredients or worrisome side effects
- SAFE INGREDIENTS means safe for adults, children, pets and planet with no chemicals, no parabens, no phthalates, no petroleum, no animal testing, non-GMO
- OFFICIALLY MONOGRAPHED HOMEOPATHIC PHARMACOPIA INGREDIENTS included. Made in the USA by an FDA registered facility and produced in compliance with standard manufacturing guidelines
Additional Info :
- Non-Toxic, Dye-Free, Paraben-Free. Ammonia-Free. Hydrocortisone-Free. Plant-Based. No Artificial Fragrances.
- Natural Bug Bite Relief: Our patented formula combines White Willow Bark (nature’s aspirin) and Helichrysum plus lavender, menthol, camphor and eucalyptus for their counter-irritant properties.
- Packed with Essential Oils: Enjoy the natural anti-inflammatory and soothing properties of lemongrass, geranium and lavender, while cooling menthol acts as an external analgesic. Soothes the Itch: Find relief from bee and wasp stings, mosquito and spider bites, horse flies, even chiggers and fire ants with this powerful and all-natural after-bite cream.
- Fast-Acting & Long-Lasting: Our soothing, ammonia-free insect itch and pain relief cream absorbs quickly and has a light, pleasant scent.
- Easy, Portable & Kid Friendly: Get soothing relief from bug bites that you can use up to four times a day*
- MADE IN NORTH AMERICA – Nature’s Willow was born from the efforts of a Tennessee daughter developing a product to help ease her mother’s pain.
Additional Info :
- FAST RELIEF FROM ITCHY BUG BITES: Whether it’s a nasty mosquito or bed bug bite, the itch and painful swelling will be gone quick with Zax’s Original Bug Bite and Anti Itch Cream.
- SOOTHING RASH RELIEF CREAM: Irritated dry skin, rashes, eczema, poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac got you scratching? Zax’s Original Anti-Itch Cream offers soothing relief.
- GET BACK TO THE GREAT OUTDOORS: Are you missing all your favorite outdoor activities; hunting, fishing, camping and hiking? Get back out there knowing Zax’s Original Bug Bite Cream has you covered
- NATURAL INGREDIENTS: Colloidal oatmeal Tea Tree Oil, Witch Hazel, Menthol helps relieve skin rash, itching and swelling
- ITCH RELIEF OR YOUR MONEY BACK: Apply 3x a day. If you don’t like it or aren’t experiencing the results you expected…we’ll give you a no-questions-asked refund. We stand behind all our products and know that you’ll love it.
Additional Info :
- ALL IN ONE REPELLENT AND ANTI-ITCH: “No-Bite-Me” DOES IT ALL! Forgot to apply “No-Bite-Me” and got some bug bites? No problem: it’s an anti-itch cream too! Other creams make you choose between repelling bugs and treating uncomfortable bug bites, but “No-Bite-Me” prevents and repairs bug-bombed skin. Effective on black flies, mosquitoes, fleas, and ticks.
- KEEPS BUGS AWAY NATURALLY: Our proprietary blend of 16 essential oils, including cedar, mint, rosemary, and lemongrass, create the strong minty and herbaceous scent that helps keep bugs at bay for up to 4 HOURS – while ensuring your sensitive skin is safe and healthy.
- SAFE FOR CHILDREN: “No-Bite-Me” is a completely safe, natural bug repellent. It’s easy to apply – just dot on exposed skin and blend in. No mess. No fuss. Deet free to protect even the smallest adventurers.
- FULL SIZE FOR BEST VALUE: Our 8oz tin of “No-Bite-Me” cream is amazing for the seasoned traveler! Throw a tin in your backpack, or keep it handy when camping. One tin provides plenty of relief for you and the whole family.
- SALLYE ANDER PROMISE: When you buy Sallye Ander products, you can rest assured knowing you are supporting a company committed to quality and the environment. All products are 100% handmade in the USA from organic locally sourced ingredients, and we’re completely cruelty-free
Additional Info :
- Removes insect venom, saliva, and other irritants left under the skin using suction
- By removing the irritant, the body stops producing the reaction that is causing you to itch & swell
- Works on: mosquitoes, bees, wasps, biting flies, no-see-ums, chiggers, sea lice & more
- Compact, lightweight, reusable and easy to carry
- Clinically Proven, kid friendly, 100% guarantee
Additional Info :