There are several effective and proven ways on how to get rid of fleas on humans. There are many people complaining about the infestation of fleas in their home which is why I am writing this article. Fleas not only cause irritation to our pets but also to humans. This is the single most important reason why we should learn the best way on how to get rid of fleas on humans immediately after we learned how to stop those irritating bites by using natural repellents at home. Fleas are blood-sucking parasites that can irritate and aggravate your pet dog to no end. A few fleas may be tolerable, but many fleas can severely weaken, anemic or even sicken an animal. While there are a variety of options when it comes to dealing with fleas, there is some misinformation regarding certain products that appear on the surface, to be good choices, but aren’t necessarily so. Today I’m sharing some of the best options available to help you get rid of fleas on humans and pets in your home.
Natural Repellent For Fleas On Humans
Mint is a common household plant that is easy to grow. It can also be used as an effective repellent for fleas and other pests. Mint can be used in a number of different ways, from growing it directly in your yard to making teas and sprays.
For those who want to use mint as part of their pest eradication tactics, there are several options for application:
- As a tea – Brew some tea with mint leaves or even dried peppermint leaves. This can then be added to water that you use on your dog or cat’s fur during bathing time (if you bathe them regularly). Adding 1-2 teaspoons per gallon should do the trick! You could also add 1/4 cup of dried peppermint leaves into a gallon jug filled with water, shake well, strain out the liquid using cheesecloth or coffee filters and spray onto pets that need to be treated against flea infestation by applying this solution directly onto their coats.* As an essential oil spray – Mix together 5 drops each of lavender essential oil and citronella essential oil; add these ingredients along with 10 drops each lemon eucalyptus essential oil and lemongrass essential oil; fill up an empty 16 oz bottle with distilled water (or tap water if distilled isn’t available); close tightly before shaking vigorously until fully mixed together.* As part Of A Shampoo Recipe – Add 2 tablespoons baking soda into half cup warm water then add 4 drops each lemon eucalyptus & lemongrass extract along with 2 teaspoons rosemary leaf powder; mix well until smooth before adding ½ cup white vinegar followed by ½ cup coconut milk; stir thoroughly before adding three cups distilled
You can make a spray with geranium, or use it as a tea. You’ll need:
- A bunch of geraniums
- Non-iodized salt (optional)
Boil the water, pour it over the flowers, and let it steep for about an hour. Strain out the flowers and add some non-iodized salt if you want. The resulting liquid is ready to be used as an all natural flea repellent spray on your pets or in your house!
Lemons are a great natural flea repellent. Lemons have a strong scent that fleas do not like, and the oils from the lemon can be rubbed into your dog’s fur to keep them from biting or scratching. You can also rub some of the juice onto their skin to keep them from biting themselves. Lemons are also good for cleaning up after you have taken care of your pet because they will smell good while also getting rid of any blood stains on furniture or carpets
Lavender essential oil
Did you know that lavender essential oil is a natural repellent for fleas? Lavender is a powerful essential oil with many health benefits, including its ability to repel fleas.
To use lavender as a natural remedy, add 10 drops of the oil to 4 tablespoons of water in a spray bottle. Shake well before each use and spray your dog or cat’s fur from head to tail once or twice a day as needed. The mixture can also be used in an oil diffuser or added to lotion for even more protection against fleas.
Keep fleas away with these natural remedies.
In addition to the oils listed above, there are a few others that can be used as natural flea repellents. The following are some of the most effective:
- Lemongrass oil
- Citronella oil
- Cedarwood oil
It’s best to use small amounts of any of these oils on your skin, especially if you have sensitive skin. Otherwise, they may irritate your skin and cause further issues such as redness and discomfort. To apply the oils effectively, follow this process:
- Gently rub an amount equal to one drop into your hands until it is fully absorbed by the skin (about 30 seconds). Do not rub vigorously or excessively; this could cause irritation or even burns on sensitive areas such as underarms or around eyes. Avoid contact with clothing as well; sleepwear should be worn over treated areas overnight so that it absorbs into bed linens instead of still being exposed on waking up in morning hours later!
- Use caution when applying essential oils directly onto any open wounds because they may sting slightly at first but ultimately heal faster than without their application.”
Additional Info :
- A WORKING SOLUTION – Natural Care Flea & Tick Home Spray works with you to kill fleas, flea eggs, and ticks on contact. And it repels mosquitoes. Just apply it wherever the pests are found, inside and out.
- NO HARSH CHEMICALS – The formula uses the natural power of plant extracts, like peppermint oil and clove extract, to get the job done.
- NO STAINS – It’s safe to use on pet bedding, pillows, blankets, carpets, rugs, dras, upholstery, countertops, and so much more. And you don’t have to worry about it leaving a stain.
- SAFE TO USE – You can use it on your dogs and cats, 12 weeks and older, as directed. Since it’s a plant-based formula, it’s safe to use around the whole family.
- QUALITY – The bottle is packaged in such a way that it won’t leak when it’s shipped to you.
Additional Info :
- REPELS & PROTECTS. Powered by Wondercide’s proven-to-work spray formula that repels 98% of mosquitoes, this insect repellent spray is a safe, effective control method for repelling bugs. In addition to being a plant-based mosquito repeller, this spray will kill and repel hundreds of common pests, such as gnats, ticks, fleas, no-see-ums, spiders, and other biting flies.
- GENTLE ON KIDS, EASY-TO-USE. Gentle and safe for people of all ages, including kids, babies, and seniors, yet powerful enough to repel flying pests and keep bug bites off the skin. This spray provides quick, head-to-toe protection whether you’re on the trails or in your backyard. Just spray on and stay protected.
- DEET-FREE & VERSATILE. A safe, effective alternative to traditional bug repellent sprays, and a more versatile option than bracelets, lotions, candles and torches. Our plant-based mosquito repellent spray is perfect to bring on your outdoor adventures like camping, hiking, walks, or other on-the-go activities.
- NO NASTY INGREDIENTS. Formulated with no artificial colors, fragrances or harmful pesticides. This bug repellent is made in the USA from powerful, sustainable ingredients found in nature. Cruelty free and biodegradable.
- POWERED BY NATURE, AS POWERFUL AS DEET. Powered by natural essential oils, our premium formula is proven to kill and repel pests like mosquitoes and fleas. Safe for use on adults, children, and pets when used as directed. DEET-free.
Additional Info :
- GENTLE PROTECTION: Vet’s Best Flea & Tick Home Spray uses certified natural ingredients to kill fleas, flea eggs, and ticks on contact.
- PROVEN EFFECTIVE: Whether facing an active infestation or are applying for routine prevention, our spray is scientifically proven effective against pests but gentle enough to use around the whole family.
- CERTIFIED NATURAL OILS: Each steam-distilled essential oil is selected for its potent pest-fighting properties and is 100% Certified Natural.
- TOTAL HOME DEFENSE: Applies easily on surfaces, indoors and out, including dog bedding, crates, furniture, blankets, upholstery, carpets, outdoor surfaces, and more. Also gentle enough to be applied directly on dogs and puppies 12 weeks or older.
- MADE IN THE USA: Our products are proudly manufactured in the USA with quality domestic and internationally sourced ingredients.
Additional Info :
- ALL IN ONE REPELLENT AND ANTI-ITCH: “No-Bite-Me” DOES IT ALL! Forgot to apply “No-Bite-Me” and got some bug bites? No problem: it’s an anti-itch cream too! Other creams make you choose between repelling bugs and treating uncomfortable bug bites, but “No-Bite-Me” prevents and repairs bug-bombed skin. Effective on black flies, mosquitoes, fleas, and ticks.
- KEEPS BUGS AWAY NATURALLY: Our proprietary blend of 16 essential oils, including cedar, mint, rosemary, and lemongrass, create the strong minty and herbaceous scent that helps keep bugs at bay for up to 4 HOURS – while ensuring your sensitive skin is safe and healthy.
- SAFE FOR CHILDREN: “No-Bite-Me” is a completely safe, natural bug repellent. It’s easy to apply – just dot on exposed skin and blend in. No mess. No fuss. Deet free to protect even the smallest adventurers.
- FULL SIZE FOR BEST VALUE: Our 8oz tin of “No-Bite-Me” cream is amazing for the seasoned traveler! Throw a tin in your backpack, or keep it handy when camping. One tin provides plenty of relief for you and the whole family.
- SALLYE ANDER PROMISE: When you buy Sallye Ander products, you can rest assured knowing you are supporting a company committed to quality and the environment. All products are 100% handmade in the USA from organic locally sourced ingredients, and we’re completely cruelty-free
Additional Info :