Natural Repellent For Moths
Lemongrass is a plant native to Asia that’s used as a natural moth repellent. It’s long been used in areas where insects like moths are prevalent, such as Vietnam, Thailand and Cambodia. Lemongrass is a good repellent because of its strong smell which moths don’t like.
If you’re looking for some lemongrass to use around your home or garden here are some tips:
- Look for fresh cuttings at the store—that way you know they haven’t been sitting around for too long
- Purchase an electric juicer if you have one (this makes it easier to extract juice from the stems)
The scent of lavender is popular with many people, and you may already use it in your home. Lavender oil can be used to make homemade candles or potpourri, which will repel moths away from your clothes.
The smell of lavender is also thought to be relaxing, so if you’re looking for a natural remedy that will help calm anxiety and aid with sleep, try using some lavender essential oils before bedtime. These oils have been shown to help reduce stress levels and improve moods in adults as well as children.
Lavender also has anti-fungal properties that keep mold away when stored with fabrics like wool sweaters or silk scarves that would otherwise attract insects such as roaches or moths
- Contains a substance called thymol, a powerful anti-fungal and anti-bacterial agent that acts as a natural pesticide. Many moth repellents contain this essential oil.
Mint leaves or mint tea bags are a great way to keep moths out of your closet. Mint oil is another way to keep them away, but it can be expensive and messy. If you’re not sure which option is best for you, add a few mint plants in your closet and see if they work. Mint plants are easy to grow, so growing your own would be an inexpensive option as well!
If you do decide to use mint leaves or tea bags as repellent, make sure that they are fresh or dried; otherwise they won’t have any effect on the moths at all! It’s best if they’re fresh because this will give off the strongest scent when crushed up into small pieces (you can rub them between your fingers).
Cedar wood is a natural moth repellent and a great way to keep your clothes moths away. Cedar, which comes from the cedar tree, is known as an insect repellent because of its pleasant smell. It also makes a great clothing accessory for closets because it smells nice and can prevent some insects from entering your closet.
Cedar is made up of two main ingredients: linalool and beta-pinene. These two compounds are responsible for making cedar repel insects including moths, flies and cockroaches like no other type of wood does! The scent released by the combination of these two compounds make them more resistant than other types of wood like pine when it comes to pests such as clothes moths or carpet beetles since they don’t like this particular scent so much that they won’t go near anything made out of it anymore!
If you notice there are already some pests inside your house then try placing some cedar chips around where they hang out most often so they get used to smelling this kind o fsmell every day before coming back again another time until eventually they’ll find somewhere else instead where no one lives here yet (because if there wasn’t any human activity going on inside) would seem preferable instead – but hopefully not right now anyways 🙂
Cloves are a great natural repellent for moths. These little buds are native to Indonesia, and have been used for centuries as a spice, fragrance and medicine. They’re also an excellent antiseptic and can be used to treat minor wounds. In addition to keeping your clothes from being eaten by moths, cloves are also great for repelling other pests such as spiders and cockroaches — making them an ideal choice if you’ve got some unwanted visitors in your home!
Unfortunately (or fortunately), cloves aren’t very effective on their own when it comes down to actually killing moths. But they do help keep them away because they emit a strong scent that makes them uncomfortable around clothes with cloves in them. Cloves work so well because they contain eugenol—a chemical compound found in many essential oils like rosemary oil or wintergreen oil—which gives off an odor that bugs don’t like at all! So next time those pesky bugs come knocking at your door asking if they can borrow some pants…offer up some freshly dried clove buds instead!
Rosemary is an aromatic herb with fragrant, evergreen needle-like leaves. The word “rosemary” comes from the Latin for “dew” and “sea”. It is native to the Mediterranean region and Asia, but is reasonably hardy in cool climates. The plant will grow to be a shrub or small tree, reaching 2 m (6 ft) tall with many slender branches that are often arranged in whorls (crowns).
It has long been used as a symbol of remembrance because of its association with the Virgin Mary when she was assumed into heaven by St Thomas Becket in 1172 A.D.. Its appearance was thought to resemble her coronet; hence its name ros marinus meaning ‘dew of the sea’.
These common herbs repel moths
If you’re looking for a natural moth repellent, there are a few easy-to-find herbs that may help. These herbs can be used in food or as a spray to keep moths away from your things. Some of the best ones include:
- Fennel – Mice and other insects dislike fennel. It gives them an itchy feeling, so they’ll stay away from it when possible. To use fennel as a repellent, simply boil some seeds in water and let them steep overnight before putting the mixture into jars with cork tops (or any other type of airtight container). Place these around your home to keep moths at bay!
- Sage – Sage smells very strong and pungent—even just brushing against it will make you cough! But this herb is great at keeping moths away because they hate its scent so much! To use sage as an insect repellent, sprinkle some leaves around areas where pantry pests tend to congregate (that’s where they go if there is no food left behind) and give them something else besides your food storage areas!
- PROTECT YOUR VALUABLE CLOTHING with our cedar and lavender sachets. Tired of moths wrecking your favorite sweaters, skirts, shirts, and blouses? Give our sachets a try and say goodbye to those pesky moths. A great alternative to moth balls.
- ALL NATURAL, FAMILY AND PET SAFE moth deterrent – our cedar chips and dried lavender sachets are the all natural way to protect your clothes from moths and other pests. The aroma from these sachets drives away unwanted pests.
- LONG LASTING Superior quality Cedar and Lavender – our Cedar is all USA grown and we use only the finest quality lavender to provide long lasting aromas that both smell great and deter moths and other pests
- READY TO USE – our cedar chips and dried lavender flowers come packaged in convenient sachet bags that are ready to be hung on clothes hangers and placed on shelves in your closets.
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE from Earth’s Daughter (OR PK?) – our sachets are made with the finest ingredients and we will give you a full refund if you aren’t completely satisfied
Additional Info :
- 100% natural ingredients like peppermint, rosemary and thyme
- Includes optional hook for hanging
- Fresh mint scent
- 18 jumbo sachets
- Box contains 9 twin packs
Additional Info :
- READY TO HANG AND USE==>This purchase includes 20 pre-filled sachet bags, 10 that are filled with wonderfully smelling dried lavender flowers and 10 filled with premium quality cedar chips from the USA.
- ALL-NATURAL AND FAMILY SAFE==>Feel comfortable knowing that these ready to use lavender and cedar sachets will repel and deter moths from invading your closet while being safe for your entire family and are eco-friendly.
- LONG LASTING PREMIUM QUALITY LAVENDER==>We proudly only use only the best all-natural lavender flowers that is guaranteed to have a long-lasting fragrance to prevent moths while smelling great!
- PROTECTING YOUR CLOTHING WITH CONFIDENCE==>Put simply, our lavender and cedar sachet bags work! You will not only love the moth protection this provides but also love the beautiful aroma that you will want to buy more.
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE==>You can purchase these lavender and cedar sachets with confidence knowing that this product will either work or we will refund your money within 30 days of purchase.
Additional Info :
- 65 Piece Value Pack==>Includes 5 cedar hangers, 20 cedar rings, 30 cedar balls, 4 lavender sachets, 4 cedar sachets and 2 pieces of sandpaper.
- ALL-NATURAL AND FAMILY SAFE==>Feel comfortable knowing that these ready to use cedar moth balls, rings, hangers and sachets will repel and deter moths from invading your closet while being safe for your entire family and are eco-friendly.
- LONG LASTING PREMIUM QUALITY CEDAR==>We proudly only use cedar wood from the USA that will have a long-lasting fragrance and smell great!
- PROTECTING YOUR CLOTHING WITH CONFIDENCE==>Put simply, our cedar balls work! You will not only love the moth protection this provides but also love the beautiful aroma that you will want to buy more.
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE==>You can purchase this moth protection mixed pack with confidence knowing that this product will either work or we will refund your money within 30 days of purchase.
Additional Info :
- Best Value Pack of 48 Pieces – All natural 24 lavender flower sachets + 24 American red cedar wood rings for closets and drawers moth protection.
- Hand-Filled Sachets with lavender flower buds dried naturally. Both lavender sachets and cedar rings are ready to use right away.
- Release Strong Lavender and Cedar Aroma – Perfect family pack for unique choice of either aromatic lavender or natural cedar wood aroma. Release and refresh a strong scent through crushing the sachets/flower buds or cedar rings, great pleasant natural aromatic scents.
- Perfect Substitute for Moth Balls – Unlike many chemical moth balls, naturally dried lavender flower buds and cedar rings will leave no residues or unpleasant smelly scent. With all natural material, Lavender sachets or cedar rings to repel and deter moths from your closets and drawers.
- Any question, please feel free to reach out at any time. A reply or hassle-free resolution will be offered within 24 hours.
Additional Info :