Despite the fact that some studies suggests mosquitos are more attracted to certain people than any others, you can take steps to minimise the risk of being bitten by following some good active repellent. Repellents which use either a chemical or natural base, have active properties that draw mosquitoes from you. The best thing about many homemade tick and fleas spray for dogs is that they can be applied directly to your pet’s skin, making them extremely safe.Fleas and ticks are difficult to get rid of and tend to multiply pretty quickly. The best way is to prevent them from landing on your dog in the first place! Flea collars and tick treatments work but I prefer to use natural methods. Here’s a few homemade tick repellent that has been proven effective.
Natural Repellent For Ticks And Fleas
Fleas and ticks are not only obnoxious but can also be dangerous for your pets. Both flea and tick bites can cause serious medical issues in animals. And when these bugs get inside your home, they wreak havoc on your carpets, bedding and furniture. If you’re looking for an easy way to keep your home free of pests and your pets safe from harm, try this natural repellent that uses essential oils.
Fleas and ticks are not only obnoxious but can also be dangerous for your pets. Both flea and tick bites can cause serious medical issues in animals. And when these bugs get inside your home, they wreak havoc on your carpets, bedding and furniture. If you’re looking for an easy way to keep your home free of pests, try this natural repellent that uses essential oils.
Essential Oils for Fleas & Ticks Control
While there are many natural repellents available at the store, most contain harsh chemicals that could be harmful to our pets or humans if ingested or inhaled by them directly from the spray bottle. To avoid these risks we recommend using pure essential oils as a safer alternative for human health as well as any pet who may come into contact with it too!
What You Need
You’ll need the following:
- A glass spray bottle.
- Distilled water (or tap water that has been boiled and then allowed to cool).
- Vodka or witch hazel. We used distilled water, which is free of chlorine, so use whichever you prefer. The alcohol content in either will help kill any bacteria or viruses in the solution. It’s important not to use rubbing alcohol—it’s too strong for this purpose!
- Tea tree essential oil (optional). This is great for repelling ticks and fleas but isn’t necessary if you’re using other oils that have similar properties like peppermint or spearmint (which have some anti-fungal properties as well). You can also add rosemary essential oil for its antimicrobial qualities; however, it may be more effective when combined with another ingredient such as lemon balm extract instead of just adding it straight into your spray bottle before making your natural tick spray recipe!
1 cup distilled water
1 cup distilled water
Distilled water is pure and free of minerals, which means it will not add any unwanted minerals to your solution. Distilled water is readily available at most grocery stores and easy to use in many different ways.
2 tablespoons witch hazel or white vinegar
2 tablespoons of witch hazel or white vinegar are both acidic, which means they have antiseptic properties. These also have astringent properties, which cause them to dry out the skin and keep it from becoming oily. Because of these qualities, both witch hazel and white vinegar can be used as insect repellents.
5 drops tea tree essential oil
Tea tree oil is also known for its ability to repel fleas and ticks. It can be used as a natural repellent when diluted with a carrier oil, such as coconut or olive oil. In addition to repelling insects, tea tree essential oil can treat many skin conditions including acne and dandruff. While tea tree oil has many benefits, it should never be ingested by humans or animals because of its toxicity.
If you plan on using tea tree essential oils in your home this summer, make sure that you dilute it before applying it topically on yourself and your pets!
5 drops spearmint essential oil (or peppermint)
- 5 drops spearmint essential oil (or peppermint)
This one is for the pets. It will deter ticks and fleas from hanging around your dog or cat, but it’s also safe to use on them. Your pet won’t like the smell, but it keeps them safe from insects.
- 1 tsp tea tree essential oil
Tea tree oil is a natural flea and tick repellent, so if you have an especially bad problem in your area this may be worth trying out! You can also apply it before going outside if you want some extra protection for yourself against bites too!
- 1 tsp rosemary essential oil
5 drops rosemary essential oil
Rosemary essential oil is a natural insect repellent and can be used to make a natural flea and tick repellent. You can apply rosemary oil directly to your skin, or put it in an essential oil diffuser. Rosemary essential oil has been shown to be effective at repelling ticks, fleas, mosquitoes and other insects that may bite you or your pets.
This simple repellent works well to keep fleas and ticks at bay.
This simple repellent works well to keep fleas and ticks at bay. It can be used on your pet or around your home, or you can use it in a spray bottle to spray on yourself and your children when going outdoors.
The recipe is easy to make and can be stored for later use in airtight containers:
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
Mix the ingredients together in a small bowl or container with a lid. Use within 6 months of mixing the ingredients together.
- Proven to work – Natural Care flea and tick Collar was created and proven by scientists to be a safe and effective flea and tick repellant, when used as directed.
- Plan of attack – Each collar provides up to four full months of flea and tick repellant.
- Nature’s Way – Our flea and tick Collar uses cedarwood and peppermint oil for effective yet gentle flea and tick Prevention. Phthalate and PVC free!
- Adjustable fit – The perfect fit for most dogs and puppies four months or older, adjustable up to a full 20 inch neck size.
- Comfort and strength – We use a flexible nylon construction for your dog’s comfort, and our extra-strength proprietary design holds up. Made in France.
- Age Range Description: All Life Stages
Additional Info :
- A WORKING SOLUTION – Natural Care Flea & Tick Home Spray works with you to kill fleas, flea eggs, and ticks on contact. And it repels mosquitoes. Just apply it wherever the pests are found, inside and out.
- NO HARSH CHEMICALS – The formula uses the natural power of plant extracts, like peppermint oil and clove extract, to get the job done.
- NO STAINS – It’s safe to use on pet bedding, pillows, blankets, carpets, rugs, dras, upholstery, countertops, and so much more. And you don’t have to worry about it leaving a stain.
- SAFE TO USE – You can use it on your dogs and cats, 12 weeks and older, as directed. Since it’s a plant-based formula, it’s safe to use around the whole family.
- QUALITY – The bottle is packaged in such a way that it won’t leak when it’s shipped to you.
Additional Info :
- Includes (1) 8 oz. bottle of Ark Naturals Flea Flicker! Tick Kicker! Natural Flea and Tick Repellent
- Flea and Tick repellant formulated for all cat and dog breeds
- Naturally repels and kills fleas, ticks, and mosquitoes by contact
- Made with geraniol (from geraniums), Eugenol (from cloves, and peppermint
- Made in the USA and free of corn, soy, wheat, and artificial colorings and preservatives
Additional Info :
- KILLS & REPELS. A flea and tick preventative and a treatment, this pest-repellent spray is powered by natural essential oils and protects your pets and family.
- SPRAY & PLAY! Safe for cats, dogs and people of all ages, with no wait time for drying or reentry into sprayed areas and environments. Just attach directly to a garden hose, spray your backyard, and enjoy. Keep the bottle & Refill the sprayer with our Flea and Tick Spray Concentrate!
- TREATS UP TO 5,000 SQUARE FEET. Can be safely used on lawns, gardens, grass, patios, dog kennels, vegetables, flowers, siding, brick, paint and more. Treat an existing pest infestation or for prevention. Application coverage depends on water pressure and walking speed.
- NO HARSH CHEMICALS. No artificial colors, fragrances or harsh pesticides. Made in the USA from powerful, sustainable, plant-based ingredients. Safe when sprayed outdoors around pets, kids, and beneficial insects like bees and butterflies. Cruelty-Free and biodegradable. Keep the bottle & Refill the sprayer with our Flea and Tick Spray Concentrate!
- POWERFULLY EFFECTIVE WITH THE PUREST, NATURAL ESSENTIAL OILS. Powered by cedar oil, Wondercide is safe pest protection that’s proven to work, especially for flea, tick, and mosquito removal. Packaging May Vary.
Additional Info :
- ✅ DAILY FLEA & TICK PROTECTION: flea & tick soft treats provides daily protection and control for your dog against fleas and ticks
- ✅ NATURAL & DELICIOUS & SAFE: the soft chews made with only natural and safe ingredients and it’s really tasty bacon flavor for dogs
- ✅ EASY TO USE: Just give some chews your dog daily to protect from fleas and ticks. RECOMMENDED SERVING PER DAY: up to 10 LB – 1 chew, 10-30 LB – 2 chews, 31-60 LB – 3 chews, 61-90 LB – 4 chews, 90+ LB – 5 chews
- ✅ ADVANCED FORMULA MADE BY USA VETS: the healthy formula contains hemp that has a complex healing effect on the body. NO GMO, cellulose, canola, corm, palm, soy
- ✅NO AGE LIMITS: the flea treats can be used for dogs of any age
Additional Info :