Flea infestations are annoying, itchy and can be dangerous if left untreated. However, you’re in luck because there are a number of things you can use to get rid of fleas on cats and dogs. Flea bites can be extremely itchy and uncomfortable for our pets. Luckily, there are natural sprays you can use to help them get rid of them before they cause further damage. Just spray the area where you see fleas or flea dirt and help your pet be free of these pests.
Natural Sprays To Kill Fleas
Lemons are a natural bleaching agent. They kill fleas, ticks and other parasites by dissolving the layers of their exoskeleton. The lemon juice also acts as an acid which is not good for fleas, who prefer alkaline environments. Lemons are antibacterial and antifungal so they can help to fight off any skin infections that may occur as a result of the bites. Lemons have antiviral properties that help prevent viruses such as ringworm and scabies from taking root on your pet’s skin and spreading to you or other animals in your household.
Lemons are rich in vitamin C which helps build up the immune system so that it is better equipped to fight off illnesses associated with flea infestation (like pneumonia). Vitamin C also helps heal open wounds caused by scratching at flea bites so they don’t get infected or become infected later on down the line when bacteria gets inside them after being reopened during grooming sessions – this makes lemon spray one of our best natural remedies against pests!
Vinegar & Peroxide
Vinegar & Peroxide
This natural spray can be used directly on your pet, but should not be applied to the skin. It is also safe for use around children and pets alike, and will kill fleas within minutes of direct contact with a flea bite. To make your own mixture, mix two parts water with one part vinegar and one part hydrogen peroxide (3% solution). Mix well in a spray bottle with an easy-to-reach pump mechanism; one application should last about 24 hours. For best results, spray furniture surfaces that may harbor fleas as well as bedding before vacuuming every few days.
Vinegar and Lemon Juice
To make a vinegar and lemon spray, mix one part white vinegar and four parts water in a spray bottle. Spray the mixture on your dog’s coat, being careful not to get any in their eyes or mouth. If you have a long-haired dog, be sure to spray their fur from underneath as well as top side so that all of the fleas will get wet when your pup shakes themselves off (and they will). You can also apply this solution by using a cotton ball if you don’t have access to a spray bottle.
Apply this solution once per day for three days in order to completely rid yourself of fleas on your beloved pet!
If you’re looking for an eco-friendly solution to flea infestations, salt is the way to go. Salt is not toxic to humans or pets, so it’s safe to use inside your home without fear of accidental ingestion.
Salt can be used in several different ways to kill fleas. You can sprinkle a thin layer of salt on carpeted areas and let it sit overnight before vacuuming it up; this will dehydrate any adult fleas that have made their way into your home. To kill adult fleas in furniture, shake some salt onto the fabric or cushions and let sit overnight before vacuuming up again. For bedding that cannot be washed (such as sleeping bags), sprinkle with a light layer of salt and allow two hours before airing out thoroughly—this should kill most remaining adults.
The one thing you should keep in mind when using this method is that while salt does kill adult fleas easily enough, eggs are much harder to eliminate because they’re protected by layers within their cocoons which don’t break down easily under normal circumstances unless they’ve been exposed directly until now
- Which essential oils to use: Lavender and eucalyptus are great for flea control, but you’ll need to dilute the oil in a carrier oil. I recommend jojoba or coconut oil, but olive and soybean oil would be fine too.
- How to use them safely: If using on cats or dogs, put 1 drop of the diluted essential oil in their collar band at the base of their neck (where it will smell them but not get on their fur). If you’re applying it directly onto your pet’s skin, do so sparingly and avoid sensitive areas such as eyes, nose or mouth.
- Which essential oils are safe for cats? You can use peppermint essential oil as long as you dilute it with a carrier oil before applying it directly onto your cat’s skin. However, lavender is considered toxic—this means that even if you blend it with another carrier oil first before applying it directly onto your cat’s skin (like we recommended above), this could still cause problems depending on how much is absorbed into his body due to his size relative compared to yours! If he shows any signs of discomfort such as vomiting or diarrhea after exposure then discontinue using this product immediately since there will likely be no benefits outweighing potential risks involved here…
- Which essential oils are safe for dogs? You can use peppermint essential oil as long as you dilute it with a carrier oil before applying it directly onto any part within reachable distance from where they could lick themselves while grooming themselves….
Sprays can help you kill fleas without chemicals.
If you’re not a fan of using chemicals to kill fleas, there are other options. Natural sprays can be helpful for people who don’t want to use chemicals, or for those who want to use chemicals but want to try something else first.
It’s important that you wash your pets regularly and treat their fur with spray as well as the rest of their skin. Using a natural spray on furniture is also recommended because fleas travel easily from one place to another by jumping from host animal (your pet) to host object (your furniture).
- SAFE AND EFFECTIVE – Vet’s Best Flea and Tick Yard and Kennel Spray kills mosquitoes, fleas, flea larvae, flea eggs, and ticks by contact without harsh chemicals.
- EASY TO USE – Includes ready-to-use hose attachment for quick and easy application on turf, lawns, kennels, patios, and other outside surfaces. Not known to be harmful to trees, shrubs, or flowers.
- CERTIFIED NATURAL OILS – Each steam-distilled essential oil is selected for its potent pest-fighting properties and is 100% Certified Natural and deet free.
- USE FOR UP TO 5,000 SQUARE FEET – Each 32oz concentrate bottle treats up to 5,000 square feet and can be refilled with Vet’s Best Yard and Kennel Spray 96oz Refill.
- MADE IN THE USA: Our products are proudly manufactured in the USA with quality domestic and internationally sourced ingredients.
Additional Info :
|Whites & Tans
- Treatment for Dogs & Bedding — Guaranteed to kill fleas and ticks by contact and repel fleas for up to two weeks.
- Natural* Pest Control — Essential oils help effectively kill and repel fleas, ticks, larva, and eggs.
- Cleaner Solution — Natural active ingredients offer a healthier alternative to synthetic products made with pyrethrins or permethrins.
- Light Fresh Scent — Clove, lemongrass, cedarwood, and cinnamon oils act as powerful pest repellents and leave a pleasant citrus aroma.
- Easy to Use — At the first sign of fleas & ticks, apply directly to dog’s coat, bedding, and kennel.
- Family Owned — TropiClean products are proudly made in the U.S.A by pet lovers like you.
- Pair & Protect — Use with TropiClean Natural* Flea & Tick Shampoo for additional pest protection.
- TropiClean Pet Products offers a full range of naturally derived dog and cat products including TropiClean Grooming Products, SPA by TropiClean, TropiClean OxyMed, TropiClean PerfectFur, TropiClean Enticers, and TropiClean Fresh Breath Oral Care and Dental Products.
- Suitable when used as directed for dogs and cats 12 weeks and older.
- Contains one (1) 16oz bottle of TropiClean Natural* Flea & Tick Dog & Bedding Spray.
Additional Info :
|Dog & Bedding Spray
- A WORKING SOLUTION – Natural Care Flea & Tick Home Spray works with you to kill fleas, flea eggs, and ticks on contact. And it repels mosquitoes. Just apply it wherever the pests are found, inside and out.
- NO HARSH CHEMICALS – The formula uses the natural power of plant extracts, like peppermint oil and clove extract, to get the job done.
- NO STAINS – It’s safe to use on pet bedding, pillows, blankets, carpets, rugs, dras, upholstery, countertops, and so much more. And you don’t have to worry about it leaving a stain.
- SAFE TO USE – You can use it on your dogs and cats, 12 weeks and older, as directed. Since it’s a plant-based formula, it’s safe to use around the whole family.
- QUALITY – The bottle is packaged in such a way that it won’t leak when it’s shipped to you.
Additional Info :
- KILLS FLEAS AND TICKS ON CONTACT – Veterinary Formula 8 oz. Flea and Tick Spray for Dogs eliminates fleas and ticks at all stages: egg, larval, and adult. Treatment also prevents future egg and larvae development
- EFFECTIVE AND AFFORDABLE – This effective flea spray for dogs manages to kill pests without harming your pet. It is formulated with a unique blend using the natural pesticide pyrethrins, permethrin and Nylar without using color additives or fragrances
- LASTING PROTECTION – After killing fleas and ticks, the Veterinary Formula Flea and Tick Spray provides up to 14 weeks of protection. This easy-to-use spray can be re-applied as required but no more often than once every two weeks
- WORKS FAST – Give your pet relief from symptoms including droppings/flea dirt in dog’s coat, allergic dermatitis, excessive scratching, licking or biting at skin, hair loss, tapeworms and pale gums. Follow directions on bottle for best results
- A BRAND YOU CAN TRUST – Veterinary Formula Clinical Care premium medicated products are created with veterinary-grade ingredients, available at an affordable price. We know dogs and cats are more than just pets because we are pet parents too
Additional Info :
- KILLS & REPELS. A preventative and a treatment, this pest repellent spray is powered by natural essential oils and kills mosquitoes, ants, fleas, ticks, roaches, flies, scorpions, chiggers, crickets, chinch bugs, japanese beetles, no-see-ums, gnats and more. Safe alternative to conventional pesticide sprays, zappers, and foggers.
- SPRAY & PLAY! Safe for cats, dogs and people of all ages, with no wait time for drying or reentry into sprayed areas and environments. Just mix desired amount of product into any applicator and fill to the top with recommended amount of water, spray your backyard, and enjoy.
- TREATS UP TO 10,000 SQUARE FEET. Can be safely used on lawns, gardens, grass, patios, vegetables, flowers, siding, brick, paint and more. Treat an existing pest infestation or for prevention. Application coverage depends on water pressure and walking speed. Our concentrates are a great refill to the Wondercide Ready-to-Use Flea & Tick Yard & Garden Spray.
- TREAT NATURE WITH NATURE. No artificial colors, fragrances or harsh pesticides. Made in the USA from powerful, sustainable plant-based ingredients. Safe when sprayed outdoors around pets, kids, and beneficial insects like bees and butterflies. Cruelty-Free and biodegradable.
- PLANT-DERIVED AND POWERFULLY EFFECTIVE. Powered by cedar oil, Wondercide is proven pest protection, especially for flea, tick, and mosquito removal.
Additional Info :