Bed bug registry is a community-driven service created to provide you with information about hotels that have had bed bug infestations reported and to help you avoid the hassle of bed bug bites during your NYC trip. Continue reading our guide for the Nyc Hotel Bed Bug Registry, bed bug registry nyc apartments and
Bed Bugs in NYC Hotels List: A Comprehensive List of Bed Bug Infested NYC Hotels. City Hotel Registry (NYC): A hotel registry open to the general public was released by the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) that compiles and maintains a list of hotels throughout New York City that have reported bed bug sightings.
Nyc Hotel Bed Bug Registry
Bed bugs are a growing and unfortunate problem in New York City. Before you book a hotel, it’s a good idea to check to see if they’ve had problems with bed bugs in the past. Some people have used Yelp to find out, but there’s also another site that’s dedicated entirely to this cause: Bed Bug Registry (bedbugregistry.com). The site is crowd-sourced and has over 500,000 reports nationwide. So how about New York City hotels? We crawled bedbugregistry.com for you and pulled out the list of hotels that have had multiple reports or even just one serious report from guests who stayed there. Here are some notable NYC hotels that have come up on the registry:
Four Seasons Hotel New York
- The Four Seasons Hotel New York
- 1 57th Street, between Madison and Park Avenue
- Manhattan, NY 10019
The hotel’s website is https://www.fourseasons.com/newyork/.
The Peninsula Hotel
The Peninsula Hotel is a luxury property located in midtown Manhattan. The hotel has been fined by the city, sued by guests and employees, sued by the city and state. According to several sources, it is also one of New York City’s worst-kept secrets that this hotel has bed bugs.
The Peninsula hotel is known for its fine dining options, including Nobu Matsuhisa’s restaurant Nobu at The Peninsula New York.
- The Ritz-Carlton is a luxury hotel chain with locations in major cities around the world. It’s part of Marriott International and has been named as one of Forbes’ “World’s Best Companies.”
- If you’re looking for a five-star hotel that provides excellent service, you’ll find it at any one of the Ritz-Carlton locations.
The Pierre, A Taj Hotel
The Pierre, A Taj Hotel is a beautiful, historic hotel in New York City. It’s been in operation since 1930 and has hosted many important people over the years, including John F. Kennedy and Winston Churchill. Unfortunately, bed bugs have also been known to frequent The Pierre during their stay at The Pierre…
The first step in checking for bed bugs at this location is to look for any signs of them. You may be able to spot their presence if you see small black spots on the mattress or furniture, or if you notice little brownish eggs attached to furniture or walls (these are called fecal droppings). You can also try doing an internet search for “bedbug registry” followed by your intended destination(s)—if there are many reports of suspected infestations at that location then it’s likely that they have some kind of problem—but keep in mind that these types of sites aren’t always reliable sources (and they could just be false-positive results).
Bed Bug Registry:
- Yes, we have a bed bug registry. The Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group provides this service to all of its properties. We will review your case and contact you within 24 hours with our findings. If you are staying at one of our hotels for the first time, we will register your room in the database before it is rented out to another guest.*
Park Hyatt New York
The Park Hyatt New York has had bed bug problems in the past. The hotel has been treated and is now bed bug free.
The hotel has a bed bug registry and a bed bug policy to make sure its guests are informed about this issue before they make reservations at the Park Hyatt New York.
The Surrey Hotel
The Surrey Hotel, a bed bug-infested New York City hotel that was the subject of a July 2019 segment on ABC News, is among those listed in the Bed Bug Registry’s NYC database. The Surrey Hotel, located at 108 West 15th Street in Greenwich Village, was investigated by ABC News after its guests complained about bed bugs and other unsanitary conditions such as dirty sheets and peeling paint.
In addition to being named as one of several common hotels where bed bugs can be found during your stay in New York City, this establishment has also been given a “Worst Rating” by TripAdvisor users who reviewed it based on its cleanliness level. In fact, some reviewers warn that if you are staying here for any reason whatsoever — even if you don’t mind sharing your room with tiny critters — then do not bring any food into your room or else risk being eaten alive by roaches!
InterContinental New York Barclay
The InterContinental New York Barclay is a five-star hotel in Midtown Manhattan. It is one of the most luxurious hotels in New York, and it’s also known for being one of the most expensive hotels in the city. The InterContinental boasts an impressive list of amenities for its guests:
- A 24-hour fitness center
- An indoor pool with an unobstructed view of Central Park
- Two restaurants and two lounges/bars
Baccarat Hotel & Residences New York
In 2016, a guest at the Baccarat Hotel & Residences New York reported finding bed bugs in their room.
In 2015, a guest at the Baccarat Hotel & Residences New York reported finding bed bugs in their room.
In 2014, a guest at the Baccarat Hotel & Residences New York reported finding bed bugs in their room.
In 2013, a guest at the Baccarat Hotel & Residences New York reported finding bed bugs in her room on two separate nights during her stay there with her son and daughter-in-law (who are also listed as guests). That same year, another guest said that they saw live bedbugs crawling on one of their pillows while they were lying down watching TV before retiring for the night; this was after having checked out an infestation report posted by another person who had stayed there previously but did not inform hotel staff about it until after checking out himself/herself – leaving behind such evidence makes it hard for them (and us) to be sure if we’re looking at actual evidence or just one more instance of someone embellishing stories so as not being held responsible for damaging property while inside another person’s home!
SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel
SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel
This hotel is currently undergoing a bed bug treatment/pest control program. You may still see signs of activity during your stay at this property, which is expected to be completed by 4/1/2017.
These hotels have had bed bug problems in the past.
The following hotels have had bed bug problems in the past:
- The Four Seasons Hotel New York
- Le Parker Meridien
- Mandarin Oriental New York, Central Park
- Ritz Carlton New York, Battery Park City
The following hotels are known to have no reports of bed bugs at this time:
bed bug registry nyc apartments
Need a place to stay in New York? Want to make sure you’re going to be safe and comfortable?
The NYC Bed Bug Registry is your go-to resource for finding out which hotels have bed bugs, so you can avoid them.
We take great pride in providing our users with the best information possible, so they can make informed decisions about where they sleep.
Our database of hotels is updated daily, so that you always know what’s going on with each hotel.
Although we have seen more cases of bed bugs in hotels throughout New York City, it is important to remember that not all hotels are infested with bed bugs. People should not let this deter them from traveling or booking a hotel room in NYC because the chances of getting bitten by them are fairly low. The most common way someone would get bitten would be through direct contact with an infested person or their belongings such as luggage that had previously been left on top of an infected mattress while traveling somewhere else beforehand.
- SAFE AND NATURAL. Made from natural ingredients. Use on airplane, cruise ships, and all hotels, motels, and hostels. Children, pets, and plant safe.
- STAIN AND SCENT FREE. Natural insecticide produced by a team of top entomologists. Get a good night’s sleep without worrying about staining bedding and pillows. Apply directly to sheets, mattress and pillow covers. Scent free with no harmful fumes that come from traditional pesticides.
- PROVEN INSECT KILLER. Tested and proven to protect against bugs. Premo Guard Bed Bug, Lice and Mite Spray kills bugs on contact in all life stages (eggs, nymphs, adults). Also effective on lice, dust mites, spider mites, bird mites, mold mites, cockroaches, silverfish, fleas, and ants.
- GUARANTEED RESULTS. We ensure our products are supplied from Certified Natural Products Association (NPA) and Approved Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) facilities. All our products are third party tested and approved.
Additional Info :
- YOUR GO-TO TRAVEL ACCESSORY: We bet this XL sleeping bag liner will become your new favorite travel accessory. The soft, lightweight and breathable adult sleep sack will add warmth and comfort to your sleeping bag, help you avoid germs and get nothing less than pristine travel sheets for hotel and AirBnBs and ensure a comfortable night’s sleep wherever you rest your head.
- A FRESHER, MORE HYGIENIC SLEEP: these sleeping bag liners can either be used in a sleeping bag to keep your bag clean and you can easily wash the liner. The integrated pillow sleeve gives added protection and comfort making these the perfect travel sheets.
- ADDED WARMTH AND COVER: these sleeping bag liner ultralight are great for use as camping sheets when it’s a bit cooler as they add between 5 – 10F warmth to your sleeping bag. Or when it’s hot in the summer the lightweight liner can be used on its own as a breathable cover that provides some warmth and cover.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND BREATHABLE: whether you choose the 100% Cotton or Premium Polyester, both fabrics are lightweight and breathable. The breathable fabric helps promote airflow and wicks away moisture for a fresh and comfortable sleep. Now you can have a cotton travel sheet wherever you go!
- HANDY PILLOW POCKET: if you’re camping you can stuff your down jacket in the pillow pocket to make a cozy pillow or when travelling put the hotel or Air BnB pillow in the pillow pocket for a more hygienic sleep.
- COMFORTABLY FITS ANYONE UP TO 6’6: Unlike some other liners, the Tough sleeping bag liners are generously sized; the singles are 37” width and 85” in length. The double is whopping 74” in length.
- FULL LENGTH ZIPPER OPTION: Choose between zippered or more basic flap designs. The zippered liners have a full length zipper, which means you can open the liner up fully all the way to the bottom, making it super easy to get in and out or to open up and use as a travel sheet.
- COMES WITH A TRAVEL SACK: All our liners come with a handy travel ready carry sack. The single carry sack measures just 8” x 6” making this a no brainer to throw in your bag on your next camping trip or holiday!
- PROTECT YOUR SLEEPING BAG: Sleeping bags are huge investments and are always a pain to wash and dry. Extend the life of your bag with this liner. Slip it inside your sleeping bag to protect it from your sweat and dirt. Machine wash cold and hang dry for great results.
- TOUGH LIFETIME WARRANTY: Customers love our hassle-free warranty and you’ll love it too! With more than 7500 5-star reviews, our camping gear is the #1 choice for discerning Amazon customers. We put a no-questions-asked TOUGH LIFETIME WARRANTY on our sleeping bag liner. Beat that.
Additional Info :
|Color||Double (Fits 2 People) – Gray with Zipper|
- PROVEN 100% EFFECTIVE — Journal of Economic Entomology published a, independent study by the prestigious Rutgers University Entomogy Department, which confirmed that Bed Bug Patrol is “The Most Effective Essential Oil-Based Pesticide” on the market. Bed Bug Patrol’s 100% natural, proprietary formula eradicates bedbugs in every cycle of life form, from egg and nymph, to pesticide-resistant mutating adults. Helping to prevent future infestations of bed bugs and stopping mutation in it’s tracks.
- PLANT-BASED, NON-TOXIC, UNIVERSITY STUDIED, CHILD AND PET SAFE — Made in the USA, using 100% natural and non-toxic ingredients. No more worries of toxic fumes or dangerous chemicals coming in contact with you and your family.
- TSA APPROVED MAX 3.2oz TRAVEL SIZE — Bed Bug Patrol Travel Spray is sized specifically to meet the 3.2 oz liquid travel limitation imposed by TSA, while still packing enough power to protect even the worst hotel rooms from infestations.
- FREE STEP-BY-STEP E-BOOK — Message us for your digital PDF eBook on How to Get Rid of Bed Bugs. This eBook gives you an in-depth look on bed bugs and how to effectively win your bed bug battle quickly and effectively!
- MONEY BACK GUARANTEE — Formulated by our founder, a 25 year natural approach based Homeopathic Practitioner, Bill Carlson. He personally guarantees that Bed Bug Patrol Bed Bug Killer will work, or your money back! We stand behind our products and dare you to try it 100% Risk-Free for 30 days. If you are not satified. We will refund 100% of your money. All we ask is that you tell us why it did not work for you, so we can continually get feedback, to continue to always improve our products!!
Additional Info :
- 6 Soothing Sounds: Choose from 6 relaxing sounds: Heartbeat, White Noise, Cradle, Ocean, Brook, and Summer Night; the adjustable volume setting allows you to mask unwanted background noise
- Compact & Portable: With a small and lightweight design, it easily fits into your purse, bag, or suitcase; create a familiar sleeping environment for your baby no matter where you travel
- Help Baby Sleep & Relax: Soothing sounds that mimic the natural environment will help lull your baby to sleep faster and stay asleep longer whether it’s nap time or nighttime
- Auto-Off Timer: The timer features 3 options: 15, 30, or 60 minutes; it can be plugged into a wall outlet with the adapter (included) or powered by 4 AA batteries (not included)
- What’s in the Box: (1) MyBaby SoundSpa Portable White Noise Machine, (1) AC Adapter, (1) Quick-Start Guide
Additional Info :
- SKIN FRIENDLY MATERIAL: The sleeping bag liner is made of premium polyester,skin-friendly and breathable.The sanding technology makes Sleeping Bag softer. The new type of fabric no crinkle, no pilling or fade, can be used for a long time.
- HUMANIZED DESIGN: The lightweight sleeping travel sheet has two buckles on the top of the sheet,opening on one or two side to make it easy for you to get into. It has an invisible zipper at the bottom for easy ventilation and free movement of your feet.You can open the bottom zipper if you feel hot sleeping in travel sheets.
- LIGHTWEIGHT & PACKABLE: This travel sleep sheet line is 70.9 x 82.7inch(180 x 210cm) for double use. Only 31oz (875g). It can be folded into a practical 11.6”x 10.2”(29.5 x 26cm) pocket for saving space, very portable and lightweight. Easy to carry for travel use and save pace in your backpack.
- BEST COMPANION for SLEEPING BAGS: The sleeping sack can be placed inside the winter sleeping bag. Just clean the lining instead of the sleeping bag. Keep warm in winter better. And the liner also can be used as summer sleeping bag. Suitable for 4 seasons.
- DIRT- PROOF CAMPING SHEET: Pillow cover equipped in the backside of the sheet keeps your pillow in place.The travel sheet is effective to prevent dirt. With side opening anti-tear design, it can also reduce the risk of ripping the sleeping sheets when turning over during sleep.
Additional Info :
If you’re looking for a place to stay in New York City, there are many options. But if you’re concerned about bed bugs, the choices can be daunting. That’s why we created the NYC Hotel Bed Bug Registry: so that you can rest easy knowing that your hotel room is safe from these pests.
The registry currently has over 100 hotels on it, and we’re working hard to add more every day. We know how important it is to find a hotel that will keep you safe from bed bugs—and we want to help!
If you think your hotel should be added, please fill out the form below!