Pet hair, as all pet owners will tell you, can be a real pain. It seems to go everywhere and stick to everything, it’s just enough to drive you crazy, but not so much that you would actually get rid of your pet. There are two main components of hair — the pet and the dander.
Pet hair is made up of scales from the skin (keratin) which is shed from the animal; the scales from their undercoat and the top coat. Dander on the other hand contains skin flakes that make up about 10% of pet hair, Like most pet lovers, I hate vacuuming the house.
Not only is it tedious and long-winded, but it’s also a pain to clean out the vacuum canister. This can be especially tedious if you have pets. Even with their non-shedding coats, they manage to shed hairs all over the place. This includes on your furniture, clothes and even your car seats.
And forget about your carpets — unless you want to live in a couch hairmat, these need to be hosed down after every visit from man’s (or woman’s) best friend. The sheer amount of dog hair that has accumulated on your hair, clothes and everything else can bring out feelings of frustration and helplessness not normally associated with vacuuming the house.
What repels pet hair?
If you’re the owner of a furry friend, you know that one of the biggest problems with owning a pet is all the fur that ends up on your clothes. The good news is that with the right fabric, you can keep your wardrobe clean and fur-free.
When you’re looking for a new bedspread, it’s important to consider all of the benefits that come with it.
In general, fabrics such as chiffon, silk, and satin repel hair like it’s their job. These fabrics are good for light contact with pets.
Silk is a great fabric for clothes, but it’s also great for your home.
Because of its slick surface, pet hair doesn’t stick to silk as easily. That means you can enjoy the sensation of silk against your skin without worrying about pet hair getting stuck in it.
How do I keep my house pet hair free?
There are a few ways to keep your house pet hair free. One of the best is by using a good brush. Daily brushing is an excellent way of tackling pet hair shedding.
As you brush through your pet’s coat, the loose hair collects in the brush, and you can throw it away.
Brushing also helps remove dead skin cells and dirt that tend to get trapped in your dog’s fur, which will make them look healthier and shinier.
It’s important to brush regularly because it not only helps you get rid of messes, but it also helps improve the overall health of your pet by removing dead skin cells and dirt from their coats. It also helps them look more shiny.
What attracts pet hair?
Have you ever noticed that some fabrics are just magnets for pet hair? You can put on a pair of pants, walk around the house for a few minutes and come back to find them covered in cat hair. What’s going on?
The answer is simple: fabrics with a nap — like velvet, corduroy, velour and loose knits — will attract and gather pet hair more than others.
If you’ve ever seen those ads where they make your hair stand up when you run your hand over a piece of velvet or corduroy, well… that’s because the fabric has a nap.
The same thing happens with pet hair: as soon as it gets close to the nap on a fabric surface, it sticks.
How do I keep pet hair off my bed?
If you’re looking for a way to keep pet hair off your bed, we have just the trick.
Rubber gloves are great for removing dog hair from blankets and comforters. Put on a rubber glove and rub it across the fur-laden bedding. The gloves catch all of the loose fur, so it doesn’t end up on your clothes or in your hair.
Will a washing machine remove pet hair?
Pet hair can be a real pain, but some will always attract more than others. The washing machine represents the only real solution to removing pet hair from clothes.
List of Pet Hair Repellent Spray
These sprays will keep your pet’s hair from sticking to furniture, clothing, and other surfaces. It’s safe for use around children and pets, too.
Price : $19.88 ($1.20 / Ounce)
- Static Guard is America’s #1 anti static spray
- Instantly eliminates static electricity and prevents static build up
- Lasts all day so you never have to be caught in an embarrassing clingy spot or shocking situation again.
- Specially formulated for use while you wear.
- Static Guard, 5. 5 oz
Additional Info :
Magic Static Remover, Pack of 2 – No More Cling Static Spray, Eliminates Static Cling, Anti-Static Spray for Clothes, Furniture & Car – Static Free Spray, Controls Pet Hair (6 oz.)
Price : $21.99
- SPRAY AWAY STATIC CLINGS: An anti-static spray that works like magic. This static remover spray keeps clothes, blankets, curtains and upholstery static-free all day. Featuring a light, refreshing scent, it dries quickly and safe to spray on all color fabrics. Go out and rock that outfit with no worries. Magic Static Remover is here to save you from static cling and pestering pet hair on clothes.
- ANTI-STATIC SPRAY: A 6 oz. quick-dry solution that eliminates static shock formed while separating clothes in the dryer. Works great on hair, too. Just spray on hairbrush before styling to tame static hair and flyaways.
- FOR HOMES & PESKY PET HAIR: Spray on furniture and wait one minute – brush or vacuum away pet hair easily. Use the anti-static spray as often as needed to keep your home, furniture and car – free of hair and static cling.
- MAGIC IN A SPRAY CAN: Spray this laundry static remover after removing clothes from the dryer. Feel the fresh-smelling clothes without any static clings, shocks or hassle.
- ON-THE-GO STATIC REMOVER SPRAY: Perfect for on-the-go fashion emergencies. This static remover spray is great for your home, car or office. Bring this anti-static remover with you on your next business, vacation or backpacking trip to be sure that you are always looking polished.
Additional Info :
TriNova Off Furniture Spray – Deterrent for Pets, Cats, Dogs, Puppies, Kittens – Anti-Scratch Rosemary, Ginger, Geranium, Lemongrass Training Aid, Made in USA
Price : $14.97 ($1.87 / Fl Oz)
- ☑️ Training aid: Help train your dog or cat to stay off certain types of furniture. Works great deterring cats from messing with your Christmas Holiday tree., lights, ornaments and more. This is not a miracle spray, it should be used as a training aid.
- ☑️ Deters cats and dogs: Our formula is a blend of rosemary, lemongrass, ginger and geranium which are all common natural deterrents for pets.
- ☑️ Anti-scratch spray: It will also help deter cats from scratching your couches, sofa, arm rests and more.
- ☑️ Multi-surface: Use it on any surface – couches, beds, chairs, outdoor furniture, sofas, electrical chords, Christmas Trees, Christmas Decor, ornaments and more.
- ☑️ 100% satisfaction guarantee: Scents are subjective, so what works for your pets may not work for others. Keep this in mind when trying the Off Furniture Spray. If it doesn’t work for you, please take advantage of our satisfaction guarantee for a refund.
Additional Info :
Price : $10.59
- Formulated to keep pets from treated areas
- Natural repellant scents
- Long-lasting concentrated formula
- For indoor and outdoor training
- Packagining may vary
Additional Info :
PetSafe SSSCAT Spray Pet Deterrent, Motion Activated Pet Proofing Repellent for Cats and Dogs, Environmentally Friendly
Price : $42.95
- PROTECT FURNITURE: Place SSSCAT Spray Deterrent on countertops, next to the trash can or near rooms to keep curious pets out of certain areas of your home
- MOTION-ACTIVATED: When your pet is within 3 feet of the spray deterrent, the motion-activated sensor releases a quick burst of spray
- SAFE FOR PETS: This odorless and harmless spray is safe to use around your pets and does not leave any stains or residue on your furniture
- REPLACEMENT CAN AVAILABLE: Each can of spray deterrent holds approximately 80-100 sprays; when your current can is out of spray, simply purchase a SSSCAT Replacement Can
- BATTERY OPERATED: Motion sensor requires 4 AAA batteries to operate (batteries not included)
- QUALITY PROMISE: PetSafe brand has been a trusted global leader in pet behavior, containment and lifestyle innovations since 1998 to help keep your pet healthy, safe and happy
- U.S.-BASED CUSTOMER CARE: Our pet product experts are here to help you and your pet and are available by phone, email or chat if you have any questions
Additional Info :
Conclusively, Pet Hair Repellent Spray is the solution you’ve been waiting for. This spray works to break down and repel pet hair from carpets, upholstery, and clothing.