Bed bugs are a major problem in developed countries, especially the US where citizens spend billions of dollars to get rid of them. Contrary to popular perception, bed bugs don’t discriminate, they will attack anyone regardless their skin color.
This post features pictures of bed bug bites on black people and shows why you should take bed bug infestation seriously. Bed bug bites get a bad rap. They are not dangerous, just itchy and annoying. However, they can bite any part of the body and people confuse them with mosquito bites all the time.
Normally they are not home in places where there is a lot of light and this is why it is likely that you are scratching your skin red raw and have mistaken your bed bug bites for mosquito bites. Bed bug bites appear as a small bite marks on the skin.
They can occur singly or in a cluster. A cluster of bed bug bites is more likely to occur on horizontal surfaces of the body where there is less space such as on a finger or elbow. In contrast, they are more likely to remain individualized appearing on arms and legs because there is more surface area for them to feed. Bed bugs have mouth parts that pierce the skin, unlike mosquitoes.
This makes bed bug bites painless, unlike mosquito or flea bites, when getting bit by them. There are many misconceptions about bed bug bites, such as not leaving scars. While some people do have little or no scarring from them, others have noticeable scars caused by scratching at their skin during the night.
What do bedbug bites look like on a black person?
On dark skin, they can look faint-pink or purplish, and turn deep brown the longer they remain on the skin.
This can make it harder to spot bedbug bites when you’re looking for them—especially if you’re not used to checking for them regularly.
Because of their deep pigmentation, these bugs may also leave behind tiny marks that are hard to see against darker skin tones.
If you suspect you have bedbugs in your home, be sure to check yourself closely and call a professional if you’re not sure what’s going on.
How do I know if my bites are from bed bugs?
Bed bugs are small and reddish-brown, and they bite. If you notice blood stains on your sheets or pillowcases, dark or rusty spots of bedbug excrement on sheets and mattresses, bed clothes, or upholstered furniture such as couches and chairs, it’s a good idea to check for bedbugs.
You might also find their eggs—tiny white dots that look like salt grains—in seams of mattresses and box springs, behind headboards, along baseboards and other areas inside your home or apartment where they prefer to hide during the day.
Where do bed bugs hide on your body?
Bed bugs do not usually hide on your body. Bed bugs are famous for their hitchhiking abilities but this usually involves your clothes or baggage.
They may also hide in furniture, but they’re not going to be hiding on you. Bed bugs can’t fly or jump, so they need to find a way to get from one place to another. They have been known to hitchhike in luggage, clothing, and even on pets.
They can also move into other areas of your home by finding cracks or crevices around windows and doors. If they do manage to get inside your home, they’ll start looking for food—usually blood—and a place to lay eggs.
Where do bed bugs bite the most?
If you want to avoid getting bitten by bed bugs, it’s important to know where they like to bite.
When you’re asleep, you’re most likely to be exposed to bed bugs. That’s why bites are commonly found on the parts of the body that are more likely to be exposed to bed bugs during sleep – the hands, neck, face, shoulders, legs and arms.
However, many people also experience bites on their torso or abdomen as well as other parts of their bodies that aren’t commonly exposed during sleep.
This could be due to a change in position during sleep or simply because bed bugs were attracted to skin odors or heat emanating from those areas.
How long does a bed bug bite last?
Bed bug bites can last for up to 14 days, but usually only three.
It takes about 14 days for the bite to develop on the skin and another 14 days for it to disappear, but reactions may vary by person.
The bites will start as red bumps that may itch or burn. The bumps will swell and turn into pimple-like sores that eventually dry up and fall off, leaving behind a dark scab.
This scab can last anywhere from two weeks to three months before falling off on its own.
Does Vaseline help with bed bugs?
It’s time to get your Vaseline on.
If you’re tired of waking up with bites and rashes every morning, it might be time to stop moving your bed away from the wall—and start moving it toward the wall.
That’s right: bed bugs love to hang out near the baseboards of your room, where they can hide from you in the crevices between the wall and the floor.
And when you move your bed away from them, what do you know? You’re moving yourself into their territory.
So if you want to prevent bed bugs from moving onto furniture by coating the legs of furniture with petroleum jelly (like Vaseline), all you have to do is make sure that no part of your bed touches any part of wall or baseboard as it sits in its new position.
And if there’s one thing that Vaseline does best, it’s preventing things from touching other things.
So go ahead: slather that stuff all over those pesky little critters before they even have a chance.
Can you put toothpaste on bed bug bites?
If you have been suffering from a bed bug rash, toothpaste is an excellent remedy. The reason being that it contains ingredients which help to relieve the itching.
Toothpaste also has ingredients that are known to stop the bleeding and swelling of the affected area.
Toothpaste can be used in two ways:
1) You can apply it directly on to your skin where the bites are present and leave it there for about 30 minutes before washing it off with water.
2) You can also make use of a cotton swab and dip it into the toothpaste before applying it over your skin where the bites are present. This will help in preventing further infection or irritation from happening on your skin as well.
What diseases can bed bugs cause?
Bed bugs are not known to spread disease.
If you have bed bugs, you may be worried about the possibility of an insect-borne illness.
While it’s true that some insects like mosquitoes and ticks can carry diseases, bed bugs do not.
In fact, scientists have been unable to identify any pathogenic organisms in bed bugs’ saliva or feces.
That said, there are other ways that bed bugs can cause harm:
-They can cause allergic reactions
-They can leave itchy bites on your skin (and sometimes even inside your ears)
-Their bites are hard to notice until they start itching
-Their bites can develop into a bacterial infection if left untreated.
List of Pictures Products That Prevent Bed Bug Bites
Bed bugs are a real problem, and one that you don’t want to ignore. If you’re a black person, you may be worried that the bites will look different on your skin than they would on someone with lighter skin.
The good news is that bed bug bites can look the same on everyone—they’re just as itchy and painful on people of all races.
Below are the list of pictures of bed bug bites on black people
Benadryl Extra Strength Anti-Itch Gel, 2 Percentage Diphenhydramine HCI Topical Analgesic & Histamine Blocker for Relief of Outdoor Itches Associated with Poison Ivy, Insect Bites & More, 3.5 fl. oz
Price : $4.89 ($1.40 / Fl Oz)
- 3.5-ounce tube of Benadryl Extra-Strength Cooling Itch Stopping Anti-Itch Gel for fast cooling relief from skin pain and itching from most outdoor itches
- Provides relief from most outdoor itches associated with insect bites, sunburn, scrapes, minor skin irritations, burns, and minor cuts
- Soothing anti-itch gel also provides relief from itching associated with rashes caused by poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac
- Cooling gel formula contains 2% of the topical analgesic pain reliever diphenhydramine hydrochloride that works by blocking histamines to relieve itches associated with several ailments
- Intended for use by those ages 2 and up, soothing gel offers itch relief for kids and adults alike and is great to keep on hand during outdoor activities such as camping, hiking or taking a walk with the family
Additional Info :
Women’s Hiking Pants Quick Dry Convertible Stretch Lightweight Outdoor UPF 40 Fishing Safari Travel Shorts Camping Pants 4409 Black, US 10/30
Price : $40.99
- Womens hiking pants: Our outdoor hiking pants are designed to be comfortable and loose, and have a certain amount of elasticity , which can adapt to the big movements in the movement, such as climb,cross, running and so on. Fabric will not be deformed .
- safari pants for women:Stretch-woven fabric build-in UPF 50+ to provide great protection against harmful ultraviolet rays ,Active Fit,Breathable, Zipper closure,For casual and outdoor recreation wear
- Quick dry pants:The quick-drying fabric has low water absorption, good air permeability,After being wet, it can be dried faster than normal clothes under the effect of body temperature or wind, keeping the body dry at all times
- Convertible hiking pants women: Convertible cargo pants，Exterior Adjustable Waistband, Zip-Off Legs Convert Pant to Inseam Short,Straight-leg convertible pant with zip off legs
- PERFECT FOR summer and fall WEATHER – Water Resistant quick dry Pants are especially suitable for daily, work,hunting, camping, hiking, cycling, fishing, jungle, running, combat, military, backpacking, working, traveling, climbing, Golf and other outdoor sports.
Additional Info :
bite away® – Insect Sting and Bite Relief, Chemical-Free Treatment, FDA-Cleared and Dermatologist-Tested. Fast Symptom Relief, Reduce Pain & Itching, No Odor or Residue, FSA/HSA Eligible
Price : $29.99 ($29.99 / Count)
- ✅ CHEMICAL-FREE TREATMENT: Bite Away is an electronic device that provides symptomatic relief for bites and stings caused by insects such as mosquitoes, wasps and bees.
- ✅ FAST AND EASY TO USE: Choose a 3 or 5-second setting for fast relief from the itching, pain, and swelling caused by insect bites and stings.
- ✅ SUITABLE FOR EVERYONE: Bite Away’s chemical-free treatment is suitable for adults, children ages 2+*, expectant moms, and allergy sufferers. (*Self-application from 12 years of age.)
- ✅ PEACE OF MIND 2-YEAR WARRANTY: The Bite Away is an FDA-Cleared, class II medical device. As such, warranty is only available when purchased from BiteAway or a Bite Away authorized retailer. For returns on Amazon, please reach out to us via the “Ask the Seller a Question” button
- ✅ SAFE & EFFECTIVE: Bite Away is FDA-Cleared, Dermatologist-Tested, and uses patented multi-level safety technology. It works by safely applying concentrated heat through the ceramic contact surface. Please note: the heat can be surprising and intense for some, but only lasts 3 or 5 seconds. Temperatures will only reach 128° which is cooler than an average sauna or cup of coffee.
Additional Info :
EVEN NATURALS Premium Mosquito Head Net | Ultra Large & Long, Extra Fine Holes, Mesh | Insect Netting, Bug Face Shield, Soft Durable Fly Screen | Protection for No-See-Um, Midges, & Gnats | Carry Bag
Price : $8.89
- SOFT AND DURABLE: Extra fine – 620 holes/inch2
- SIMPLY THE BEST MOSQUITO HEAD NET: This Mosquito net is bigger than other nets. The net will protect you – even against midges, gnats, and no-see-ums. It has the finest mesh, the only head net with 620 holes/inch2. The net also provides fresh air. It offers great visibility and is made of premium materials. Don’t be fooled by lower prices that compromise quality. You and your family deserve the best protection, choose the market leader.
- PERFECT FIT: The size (top C 25” x height 26″ x bottom C 39”) fits comfortably over most headwear (hat NOT included – we assume you like wearing your own favorite hat or cap underneath). This net is extra-long, and the shape is the best for protection, comfort, and ease of use. The premium quality elastic drawstring and toggle makes it simple to put on and take off.
- NATURAL WAY: This head net gives you great protection against insects and related diseases. It is not like bug spray or DEET on your face and neck. The fabric serves as a natural mosquito protection. Not treated with chemicals. There is proper air circulation. Perfect for traveling, to keep you safe, Machine washable.
Additional Info :
40 Pack Mosquito Repellent Bracelets, Individually Wrapped DEET-Free Insect & Bug Repellent Wrist Bands for Kids & Adults Outdoor Camping Fishing Traveling
Price : $20.99 ($0.52 / Count)
- NATURAL & DEET-FREE – Non-toxic and safe to use against mosquitoes, bugs and annoying insects as our bracelets have Citronella, Lemongrass and Geraniol Essential Oils. Deet-free and safe for children and baby.
- LONG-LASTING PROTECTION – Our pest control bands provides 350 hours of protection. Perfect for outdoor activities like Camping, Hunting, Running, Hiking, Travelling, Fishing, Grilling, Gardening, Picnics, Golfing, and even simple Barbecue Cook-Outs.
- ADJUSTABLE & ONE SIZE FITS ALL – Made from high-quality EVA material, these adjustable mosquito bracelet is very soft,stretchy and easily fits. Ideal for adults and kids.It can also wear on wrists, ankles and your hair.
- INDIVIDUALLY WRAPPED – Our Bracelets includes 40 pack colorful and skin-safe that individually packed to keep each bracelet ability to keep active for using again in the future.
- PREMIUM QUALITY SERVICE : If you have any problems with our products or questions, please feel free to contact us and we will respond in time. We’re standing by to assist you all the time.
Additional Info :
Final words are, Bed bug bites are a common problem for people across all demographics, but some people seem to be more susceptible than others.
There is no clear reason why certain people suffer from more bed bug bites than others, but there are a few factors that seem to be tied to higher instances of bed bug bites.