The best natural bug repellent plants are those that smell strongly. The smell of the bug repellent plants is either unpleasant or poisonous to insects, and so they stay away from them. Natural bugs repel really works well on plants that are in your neighborhood especially in areas that are frequented by mosquitoes. When you are trying to create a garden that is appealing and beautiful, it is important to also create a safe place where you can relax with your family outside. One of the biggest concerns when it comes to gardening is the amount of pests that can be attracted by the smell of organic matter. This can make it tough for families with allergies or kids who are afraid of bugs. If you would like to create an outdoor haven for your family, consider using these plants that are natural bug repellent! When it comes to repelling insects, these are the plants that you want. In this post, you will learn which plants repel these insects and provide a description and photo of each plant. These are the best plants for bug repellent because they perform well (pest control companies use them) and are safe for use outside.
Plants That Are Natural Bug Repellent
As the temperatures rise, and days get longer, we’re all looking for ways to stay cool in the summer heat. But there are some plants that can also help you fend off bugs in your yard! Here are some of the best-known plants that work as natural bug repellents:
Lemon balm: This plant’s leaves smell like lemons and most bugs hate them. You can grow it in your garden or even inside your home. It’s a perennial herb, so you’ll have to prune it every year to keep it healthy and happy.
Basil: This is another great herb that can help keep away pests like mosquitoes and flies. It’s an annual plant, so you’ll need to replant every year if you want fresh basil all summer long.
Rosemary: Rosemary is known for its piney scent which makes it useful for keeping mosquitoes away from your porch or patio when planted near doors or windows where they might enter your home through screens or open windows on hot nights when you’re trying sleep!
The summer is fast approaching and with it comes the inevitable invasion of bugs. The good news is that you can use plants to keep your home free of insects and pests. We’ve compiled a list of the best natural bug repellent plants that you can use at home. You might be surprised by how many plants are actually great for repelling bugs! While there are some common ones like lavender or citronella grass, there are also lesser known plants with similar properties such as marigolds or catnip. Here’s our list of the top 10 repellent plants:
1) Citronella Grass: This grass works well for keeping mosquitoes away from your yard because it has a strong scent that repels them from being near your space. It will grow well in most climates, although it may need extra water during dry spells in order to thrive properly.
2) Lavender: Lavender is one of the most popular flowers when it comes to repelling mosquitoes because they dislike its strong scent which comes from its volatile oils. You can grow this plant indoors or outdoors depending on where you live and how much sunlight gets into your yard (it prefers lots).
List of Plants That Are Natural Bug Repellent
- SAFE AND EFFECTIVE: Created with you and your kids in mind. This mosquito repellant sticker is made with all natural, plant-based ingredients. BuzzPatch is non-toxic and DEET free and uses the most effective and safe essential oil combination.
- INSTANT, CONVENIENT, EFFECTIVE: Instant and most effective in the first 8 hours but continues to be effective for 24-72 hours. Long lasting, easy to apply, and environmentally friendly.
- KID FRIENDLY, PARENT APPROVED – Kids love the colorful, cute smiley patterns that are comfortable to wear and fast to apply. Parents love that they can keep their babies, toddlers, and kids protected without the harmful chemicals.
- MEDICAL GRADE ADHESIVE PATCHES – Non-woven fabric patches are medical grade and water-resistant. These pleasant smelling patches will be your new favorite for the whole family!
- MULTI USE FUNCTION – Perfect for babies, toddlers, kids, and adults. Convenient, small package is perfect for on the go and travel. Great for hiking, vacation, backyard, camping, patio, and parks. Protects day and night.
Additional Info :
- Combo Pack: Bundled in two great scents! Our repellent mosquito sticks and incense holders are ethically sourced and made of high-quality natural materials. Nantucket Spider mosquito sticks are made with steam-distilled, cold-pressed essential oils and plant ingredinets without any artificial scents, harmful chemicals, or dyes. Our incense holders are beautifully crafted and made to safely hold our mosquito sticks.
- Long Burning Time: Nantucket Spider mosquito repellent incense sticks are 12 inches long, providing a long-lasting burn for about ninety minutes. Easy to extinguish and relight for shorter periods.
- Crafted to Repel: Handmade and scented with a unique blend of pure essential oils and plant ingredients to produce a fragrance that smells great and bugs hate.
- Use: Our mosquito sticks are perfect to protect any outdoor area from mosquitoes, flies, and other bugs and insects. Use them around your swimming pool, patio, backyard, camp site, or on the beach. Repel insects around family barbecues, bonfires, hiking, outdoor dinners, picnics, garden parties, and weddings. * Require proper ventilation and are intended for outdoor use only.
Additional Info :
- INSECT KILLER: Kills 100+ insects including Aphids, Caterpillars, Whiteflies, Japanese Beetles, and more
- KILLS ON CONTACT: Kills listed insects on contact
- 14 DAY PROTECTION: Protects against listed insects for up to 14 days
- USE ON: Roses, flowers, plants, and even vegetable gardens
Additional Info :
- SAFE AND EFFECTIVE: Vet’s Best Mosquito Repellent repels mosquitoes without the use of DEET.
- NATURAL INGREDIENTS: Unique blend of certified natural oils including Lemongrass Oil and Geraniol (from Citronella plants).
- SAFE FOR DOGS AND CATS: Can be used on dogs and cats 12 weeks or older. Also great for the whole family.
- USE AS NEEDED: Reapply every two hours or as needed for optimal protection.
- MADE IN THE USA: Our products are proudly manufactured in the USA with quality domestic and internationally sourced ingredients.
Additional Info :
- 【Kills All Types of Home Invasive Insect Pests】: A versatile home protection tool against all unwelcoming bugs. This natural insect spray kills and repels invasive insects and provides continuous protection for your house. Kills flying, crawling, biting and stinging bugs and other common household insects including but not limited to cockroaches, spiders, flies, fleas, borers, dust mites, ticks, wasps, scorpions, mosquitoes, fruit flies, silverfish, and moths.
- 【Kills All Stages of Insects Plus Repels】: Kills adult insects, nymphs, larvae and eggs all-inclusive, even kills the pesticide-resistant insects on contact. Just spray it, no insects can escape. After spraying the insecticide spray, the residual effectiveness continues to work for 3 to 4 weeks, providing extended preventative protection.
- 【Proven by Published University Studies】：EcoVenger (Formerly EcoRaider) is rated #1 “the most effective among many other natural products”, stated in a leading university study published by the Journal of Economic Entomology. More studies have demonstrated that its efficacy is comparable to or higher than most popular chemical pesticides (Deltamethrin, Cyfluthrin and Chlorfenapyr). When comes to pesticide-resistant super bugs, it outperforms chemical pesticides by several folds!
- 【Natural & Non-Toxic but Highly Efficacious】：Contains no pesticides or toxins. Its active ingredients are our proprietary combination of botanical insecticidal compounds that are organically extracted from aromatic plants. The compounds combination is lethal to insects by blocking their neuron transmitter but does not affect humans, animals, fish or birds.
- 【Your Safety is Our Priority】：EcoVenger goes through strict examination by an EPA authorized lab to ensure the whole formula imposes no toxicity in dermal sensitization, oral intake, skin irritation, eye irritation or inhalation. Therefore the product can be safely used around children and the elderly. It is also pet, bird and fish friendly so you can use it almost anywhere with peace of mind. No need to vacate before spraying. No staining on most surfaces. Pleasant scent that dissipates fast!
Additional Info :