Using natural remedies to repel ants would be the most cost-effective way of fighting ants in your home. You should know that not all plants will repel ants instantly. It depends on the plants you choose and the area where you place it. Ants do not like mint and rosemary but they are quite attracted to mint, lemon balm, basil, tansy, catnip and lavender. These herbs will help repel ants in your kitchen or near the doors or windows. You must also consider the location you have put these plants in as they should be close to ant nests since this is where they harvest food. Any ant infestation in your home can be a very, very annoying and persistent problem. Ants come into a house for some food and water. They then go out for more food and water which makes their path back to the nest. Ants naturally have a trail they follow that doesn’t change unless an alien substance is added along the way.
Plants That Repel Ants
Are you tired of ants in your house? Some people love the little crawlers, but if you’re not one of them, we’ve got your back.
Here are some plants that will keep those pesky ants away:
Aloe vera is well-known for its soothing properties, but it’s also great at repelling ants—and many other insects. Its leaves contain a substance called aloin, which makes them taste bitter to insects. Ants will avoid the plant because they don’t want to eat something that tastes bad.
Viola Tricolor (Johnny Jump Up)
This pretty little flower may be small, but it packs a big punch when it comes to repelling ants. The Viola tricolor has been shown to be effective at repelling ants from plants, as well as from your home and car. It tastes terrible to them!
Chrysanthemum Morifolium (Dendranthema Grandiflorum)
Ants hate this plant because of its strong smell and taste—so much so that researchers have found that even if an ant touches only one leaf of this plant, it will go back and tell all of its friends not to come anywhere near it!
If you have ants in your garden, there are a few plants that can help you repel them. The first thing to remember is that ants are not your enemy—they’re just trying to survive. You can use these plants to help the ants find what they need and keep them from going after your plants.
Here are some of the best plants for attracting and repelling ants:
-Lemon balm (Melissa officinalis)
-Sage (Salvia officinalis)
-Tansy (Tanacetum vulgare)
-Coriander (Coriandrum sativum)
List of Plants That Repel Ants
- 【1600 sq.ft Effective Coverage】: The ultrasonic pest repeller is designed to transmit ultrasonic waves from 360° all directions, highly effective covering and controlling area up to 1600 sq.ft, which making pests nowhere to hide.
- 【Night Light Function】: The insect repellent is equipped with a night light to provide soft lighting. Night light can stimulate pests to leave, which can also be used as an atmosphere light to relax the mood of the family and sleep more peacefully.
- 【Full Protection】: Electronic mosquito repellent will protect your home, warehouse, office or any other property from all kinds of pests including not only insects but also rats, bats and even squirrels.
- 【Silent Working】: The mice repellent plug-ins operates silently, which can provides you with a quiet and pest-free sleeping environment. Setting it up in a children’s room, a bedroom or a guest room. Keep your family have a good sleep.
- 【Safe & Environment-Friendly】: No chemicals, no radiation, non-toxic and less power consumption, 100% environmentally friendly to kids and pets. Ultrasonic Pest Repeller is widely used in home, warehouse, office, garden, hotel, etc, keeps the pests away from where you are.
Additional Info :
- Our MOSQUITO TRIO plants give you a pleasant, buzz free yard. Our EXCLUSIVE pack of 9 LARGE plants includes THREE varieties: 3 Citronella, 3 Lemongrass and 3 Lantana plants
- Our plants have up to ten times the root development of standard mosquito plants. Big and healthy. They arrive well packaged and ready to grow! Each plant is a hardy 4”-8”, planted in 4” pots
- Citronella plants have lush green leaves, Lemongrass has beautiful grassy green spikes, and Lantana is a colorful blooming plant; together, they keep an area up to 10 square feet pleasant and buzz free
- Plant in your yard, in porch or patio planters, by the pool or driveway, to grow a protective barrier. Plants prefer sun, but don’t require a lot of water, making them easy to tend to
Additional Info :
- Complete 34 piece kit: Everything you need to bring the joy of planting savory herbs into your or a loved one’s life. It’s easy – we take the guesswork out of planting herbs from seeds, guiding you every step of the way. Plant on!
- Pot it: 9 reusable pots – Perfectly sized for seedlings with ample drainage and innovative drip trays. Save and reuse. | Feed it: 3 nutrient-rich soil discs – Add water, and they’ll expand 6-8 times their original size. Pre-fertilized.
- Plant it: 9 packets of premium seeds – Featuring 9 different herbs: Dill, Basil, Chives, Thyme, Parsley, Oregano, Cilantro, Sage, & Mustard. All of the seeds have been tested for the highest germination rates and sourced in the USA.
- Mark it: 9 bamboo markers – Markers help you identify your seedlings as they grow. | Ace it! : Instruction guide – We walk you through it step by step so that you can grow fabulous herbs.
- Plant your way to joy : Love it, or your money back! If you struggle with any aspect of the process, don’t hesitate to contact us. We promise to help you out until you receive the results that you want. Nevertheless, if you are not satisfied with the kit, we’ll refund you 100% of the money, no questions asked.
Additional Info :
- Live and Freshly Rooted by Signature Plants! – Order will include 3 well packed, hand selected, Citrosa Citronella Geranium plants in 2.5 ” Nursery Pots.
- Citronella Scented Geraniums also known as Mosquito Plants (Pelargonium Citrosa Geranium) are a wonderful feature for your landscape, patio, pool area, front porch, or driveway.
- Fast Shipping for freshest plants.
- Shipped Citronella Plants will be approximately 4” or larger.
Additional Info :
|Green with multi-colored flower blooms (white pink purple)
- HAND SELECTED: Every pack of herbs we send is hand-picked. You will receive a unique collection of species that are fully rooted and similar to the product photos. Note that we rotate our nursery stock often, so the exact species we send changes every week.
- STARTER: This six pack of herbs are a great start for the beginner gardener or as a refreshing addition to your current garden.
- BENEFITS: These herbs each have their own individual traits and benefits that are worth making a part of your plant family.
- COOKING: Many of these herbs not only have medicinal benefits but are often used in cooking. This six pack of herbs will make a great gift for the plant lover in your life.
- PRODUCT: All our plants are shipped fresh directly from our greenhouse to you!
Additional Info :