Stop spending money on expensive mosquito repellents. If you like to garden, one of the best solutions to keeping mosquitoes from biting you is by planting citrosa plants in your backyard. Citrosa plants release an odor that repels mosquitoes. You can also buy electronic mosquito repellent devices that work better than any home remedy. Mosquito repellents are chemical sprays that are used to repel mosquitoes and other insects from a particular area. They may contain DEET, which is the most effective ingredient for repelling mosquitoes but there are also many natural ways to repel mosquitoes. Backyard Mosquito Repellent will teach you how to repel mosquitoes naturally, safely and effectively. Looking for a way to enjoy your outdoor space without being bitten by pesky mosquitos? Here is our list of back yard mosquito repellent plants — helpful plants that work like electronic mosquito repellent devices.
- TURN IT ON… MOSQUITOES GONE: Thermacell Patio Shield creates a 15-foot zone of protection against mosquitos. Ideal for patios, decks, pools, porches, camping, and more.
- HEAT-ACTIVATED: No cords or batteries. Powered by a safe and compact 12-hour fuel cartridge (included), repel without smoke, flames, or citronella. Not a messy trap or gimmicky sonic. Independently tested. EPA reviewed for safety & effectiveness.
- LONG-LASTING DEFENSE: Unscented repellent mats (3 included) last up to 4 hours each and change color when time to refill. No mess, no DEET, no spray, and no on-skin chemicals make Thermacell a better solution. Easy to refill.
- NATURE-INSPIRED REPELLENT: Our active ingredient is based on naturally occurring repellents found in plants. We’ve harnessed its power to fight the toughest mosquitoes on earth (including in your backyard)
- THERMACELL GUARANTEE: Extend your warranty to two years with registration (automatic 1-year warranty included). Developed and Tested at our New England based R&D center. We stand by our products with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Additional Info :
- KILLS FAST: Kills mosquitoes, listed ant types, fleas and other listed insects
- QUICKFLIP HOSE-END SPRAYER: Hose-end-sprayer activates spray at the flip of a switch – just grip, flip and go
- LASTS ALL SUMMER: Controls up to 12 weeks against house crickets, carpenter ants, harvester ants, lady beetles and earwigs
- COVERAGE: Treats up to 5,000 square feet of lawn
- NO MIXING REQUIRED: Attach the sprayer to a garden hose to treat your lawn, landscape and outdoor surfaces where insects hide
Additional Info :
- This item cannot be stored in Amazon warehouses due to active ingredient storage temperature requirements.
- Do-It-Yourself Mosquito Killer
- 100% American Made
- Place 4 tubes (2 boxes) per acre on your perimeter/property line (more than 4 tubes can be used).
- SPARTAN MOSQUITO PRO TECH IS NOT AVAILABLE TO RESIDENTS OF California, and outside the United States
Additional Info :
- SUPER CONVENIENT – this is most convenient way to treat your property for mosquitos. This combo includes 2 Gallons of Mosquito Magician Ready-to-Use liquid. Each gallon will treat at 4,000 sq feet. Note: we have sprayers on Amazon suitable for all size properties.
- NATURAL INGREDIENTS our non-toxic blend of 6 Essential Oils includes Geraniol, Citronella, Garlic Oil, Rosemary Oil, Lemon grass Oil and Cedarwood Oil. Our All-Natural Mosquito Magician formula combines them into a potent and proven shield.
- LABORATORY TESTED and PROVEN to KILL at least 98% of mosquitoes. Creates a Mosquito Barrier that REPELS for 1 to 2 weeks. It is also effective on other biting insects like No-see-ums, Fleas, Ticks and Fire Ants.
- SAFE FOR FAMILIES, PETS and ENVIRONMENT including Birds, Bees and Fish. PERMETHRIN, PYRETHRIN and DEET FREE while protecting your family from disease-carrying mosquitoes. Safely use around your lawn, garden or patio creating a bug-free bubble.
- FULL MONEY BACK GUARANTEE – we know you will absolutely love this product, and we provide a complete satisfaction guarantee. Plus, we supply US based phone support should you need any help. You cannot go wrong with Mosquito Magician.
Additional Info :
- Kills and repels mosquitoes that may transmit the Zika Virus
- Kills ornamental garden pests for up to 7 days
- Covers up to 2,250 sq. ft
- For use in shrubs, bushes, grassy areas, and other areas infested with pests
- Continues to kill mosquitoes that land on treated surfaces for up to 8 hours
Additional Info :
Backyard Mosquito Repellent
Natural Mosquito Repellent
A natural mosquito repellent can be a great option for those who are environmentally conscious and want to minimize the amount of chemicals their family is exposed to. While natural mosquito repellents will not work as well as chemical-based ones, they tend to last longer than sprays and may be more effective over time.
Natural Mosquito Repellent Options
- Plant-based repellents: Plants such as citronella grass (Cymbopogon nardus) and lemongrass (Cymbopogon flexuosus) contain essential oils that are thought to repel mosquitoes. A few drops of these plants’ essential oil added to a spray bottle full of water then sprayed over clothing will provide some protection from biting insects such as mosquitoes.*
- Herbal remedies: Herbal remedies include rosemary extract, peppermint oil, lavender oil, geranium oil and citronella plant oils.* These have been shown in studies to have some effectiveness against biting insects like mosquitoes.* However there are no peer reviewed studies on whether these herbal remedies actually work.*
You can also prevent mosquitoes from flying into your backyard by keeping it tidy. Regularly mow the grass, trim bushes and shrubs, and remove yard clippings. Also, make sure you keep your gutters clean so that water isn’t pooling on top of them and attracting mosquitoes.
Mosquito Bug Zapper
Mosquito repellent devices are an effective solution to keeping mosquitoes away. But how do they work?
Mosquito repellent devices use light, water, or sound in order to deter mosquitos from your yard. For example, mosquito bug zappers attract insects through the use of ultraviolet light and then kill them with electrical current. However, these types of repellents can be expensive and require frequent maintenance.
You may find that you prefer a natural approach to mosquito control because it’s less expensive and easier to maintain than other methods like DEET-based sprays or citronella candles (which can be toxic if they’re burned incorrectly). Natural methods include insecticide-free plants such as basil, neem tree leaves and lemongrass oil which naturally repel mosquitos without harmful chemicals being released into the air around your house!
- Mosquitoes are the deadliest animal on the planet. Mosquito-borne illnesses kill more people each year than any other animal, and mosquitoes transmit more diseases than any other creature in the world.
- Mosquitoes are not just a nuisance, they can spread diseases. Malaria is one of the deadliest mosquito-borne illnesses in the world and is becoming increasingly resistant to pesticides used to eliminate it.
- Mosquitoes can breed in a bottle cap full of water. Even if you don’t live near standing water, your backyard can still be an ideal breeding ground for mosquitoes because they lay eggs in damp soil or even mud puddles after heavy rains—or even when there hasn’t been rain at all!
- Deet works by disrupting your body chemistry so that you smell “off” to biting insects like ticks and chiggers–not so much with mosquitoes though; for those guys we need something stronger!
Garlic Water Mosquito Repellent
Garlic is a natural mosquito repellent, so this recipe makes for an effective repellant against mosquitoes. Mix garlic and water in a blender, then let it sit for 24 hours to create a garlic water solution. You can also add essential oils like eucalyptus or lemon oil to increase its effectiveness as an insect repellent. When using this method outside, keep in mind that the smell will linger on your skin after you spray it. If possible, try to spray the repellent inside before going outside and reapply every few days if necessary.
There are many options to help you manage mosquitoes in your yard.
Mosquito bites are annoying, but they can also be dangerous. Mosquitoes spread disease, such as West Nile Virus and Zika. In 2018, at least one person died from the Zika virus in Canada and several people became sick after being bitten by infected mosquitoes in Ontario and Quebec provinces. Your best bet is to prevent mosquito bites altogether by eliminating standing water in your yard that could attract mosquitoes; however, if you do get a bite or two (or three), there are treatments available to help ease the itchiness and irritation.