Bear repellent yard is just what it sounds like; a way to keep bears away from your yard. If you live in bear country, or are redecorating using some bear-inspired decor in the home or out-buildings, then bear repellent is the best product for both keeping bears away from the house and from ruining the look you were going for. Yard is supposed to smell like flowers and vegetation, not a grizzly bear’s hindquarters. It’s an inevitability that if you live in the woods of the Pacific Northwest, eventually you will encounter a bear. They are territorial by nature and will mark your property as “theirs.” Heed the grizzly notices placed where most human contact is likely. Don’t place food under bird feeders. Remove all pet food from outside your home at night or keep it inside an area that is secured by an enclosure or fence tall enough to keep the animal out. Did you know that your yard can be a bear’s favorite place to visit? You’re not alone. Bear attacks are on the rise, and we’ve all heard of horrifying encounters in which bears were attracted by what seems like the most mundane things. What to do? How do you keep all of your property safe from bears?
Bear Repellent Yard
Bears attracted to food sources.
Bears are usually shy and will go out of their way to avoid human contact. However, they are opportunistic feeders that will eat on many different types of food sources. They will eat nuts, berries, roots and grasses. Bears also love human food sources such as garbage, pet food and bird feeders. When bears are attracted to your yard because of a food source they can cause damage to the property by tearing down fences or wood structures in search of the food they want.
Bears have a keen sense of smell so you can’t rely on scent alone to keep them away from your yard. If you notice signs that suggest a bear has been in your yard recently (such as tracks) then use some type of deterrents so that any future visits will be avoided by either learning what scents might attract them back again or making sure all traces have been removed from previous visits; this includes small pieces left behind after digging through trash cans for example!
When it comes to avoiding bears, you are your best line of defense. To keep the bears away from your yard, try taking these steps:
- Keep garbage and bird feeders away from your house.
- Use food-grade bear spray if you have a problem with an aggressive bear.
Secure garbage in bear-proof containers and keep them closed.
To avoid attracting bears to your property, it is important to ensure that garbage is secured in bear-proof containers and kept closed. If you are unable to use a bear-proof container, the next best option is a secure enclosure such as a garage or shed with a locking door. For additional protection, consider installing an electric fence around your trash cans or bins.
Garbage cans should be stored inside at night and on days when there will be no pickup until the day of collection arrives. If this isn’t possible due to unusual circumstances (such as while waiting for repairs) lock up the containers with rope or bungee cords until they can be properly secured again.
Bear scat samples have shown that black bears prefer wild foods like berries rather than human edibles like meat and fish products so it is recommended not to put these items in compost piles.
Keep pet food inside and feed pets at the same time each day.
In addition to keeping your pet food inside, ensure that it is stored in a secure container. Many cans and plastic containers have locking mechanisms that can be opened by bears, so make sure you have an airtight container for storing your pet’s food.
If you’re lucky enough to live in an area where bears are not commonly seen, consider placing your pets’ dishes indoors overnight. It’s also a good idea to wash them after every meal; this will reduce their appeal as well as the strength of their scent. Bears are attracted by both the smell of food and its odor left behind after eating it—so if they’ve already visited once before but didn’t get any scraps, they’ll probably be back!
Clean grills after each use or store them inside away from bears’ reach.
Along with keeping your garbage cans and kitchen in good shape, be sure to clean your grill after each use. This will help deter the bears from coming back for another visit and keep them out of your yard altogether.
- Clean grills after each use or store them inside away from bears’ reach.
- Make sure the grill is cool before cleaning it—if it’s still hot, you could burn yourself on hot metal parts!
- Use a grill brush to clean the inside, outside, and grease trap (where excess fat drips into). If you don’t have a brush handy, try using a damp paper towel instead; just be careful not to damage any metal pieces with too much water pressure or force! After cleaning everything thoroughly inside out once more using soapy water on both sides of each piece as well as any exposed wire/metal edges like those found at bottom edge corners where two pieces meet together side-by-side when looking straight down from above viewing these particular spots directly below eyes level position which may not otherwise seem visible without actually being able to see these spots firsthand while standing directly overtop them looking down towards floor surface rather than sideways across backside surface instead would require closer inspection due improper lighting conditions). Then wipe dry immediately thereafter before letting sit overnight so moisture doesn’t collect around edges again causing rusting problem within next few days time period.”
Pick ripe fruit from trees regularly and pick up fallen fruit immediately.
>Pick ripe fruit from trees regularly and pick up fallen fruit immediately.
Bears are attracted to fruit trees and will eat the ripe fruit, destroying the tree in the process. Bears can also cause damage to other trees within a hundred yards of their territory when looking for food sources. Fruit attracts many types of pests that can increase your risk of infestation and disease among your garden plants. If you are not using the fruits on your property, consider composting them or using them to make juice instead of allowing them to fall off the tree where they may cause a slip hazard when stepped on by humans or pets.
Remove tree stumps, birdbaths and other debris that retain water where mosquitoes can breed.
If you have a pond or small lake in your yard, remove the tree stumps and other debris that accumulate around it. Also remove birdbaths and any other items that retain water. Mosquitoes breed in these areas, so it is important to keep them free from these things.
Clean bird feeders with a 10% bleach solution and replace seed regularly to prevent rotten seed from attracting rodents.
Clean bird feeders with a 10% bleach solution and replace seed regularly to prevent rotten seed from attracting rodents. Rodents attract bears, who will be attracted by the smell of your garbage if you don’t keep your trash in an airtight container.
You can keep bears out of your yard by removing attractants for bears.
Bears are attracted to food and water. They also like to find a place to rest. Your yard may seem like the perfect place for these things, but if you want to keep bears out of your yard there are some steps you can take.
Bears have an exceptional sense of smell, so it’s important that you remove any sources of food or water from your property. This includes garbage, pet food and bird feeders. If you live in an area where garbage is collected curbside (like me) be sure that the containers are sealed tightly; otherwise bears will get into them and make a mess of things!
If there is no other option than leaving out some food items for wildlife then do this only when necessary: don’t leave out large amounts of leftover scraps from dinner each night because they’ll attract more bears than just one or two individuals at a time! If possible try not feeding them at all because feeding attracts more animals which means more competition among each other as well as increased risk for injuries due to fights over territory between different species who aren’t used tot each others’ presence yet.”
- 【The First Remote Control 6-in-1 Pest Repeller】Still the most popular ultrasonic electronic pest deterrent with coverage up to 5,000 square feet. Get rid of pests fast. Adjust Your Own Inaudible High-Pressure Ultrasonic Sound Wave (inaudible), Sonic Harassment & Predator Sounds (audible) & Intensive. NOTE: Sonic Volume can be turned down through the volume dial if it bothers you. Sound Frequency:15 kHz -18 kHz.
- 【Easy to Use】Includes the option to set Day, Night or 24-Hour protection for your garden, lawn, cabin, shed, attic, farm, barn, warehouse, patio or wherever safe and effective pest control is needed. Please read the instructions before installing, the ultrasonic sound emits in a forward direction from the device with a range of about 170 degrees horizontal and 60 degrees vertical.
- 【Extended Coverage and Waterproof】The most powerful PIR infrared motion sensor available. Use the sonic repeller setting or adjust it so it is completely quiet and inaudible to humans.Unique seal and design let you set it anywhere. The Yard Sentinel comes with the longest extension cord on the market or use batteries (not included). For cabin and camp owner; Other power accessories are available.
- 【Intelligent Power System】The device can be used in remote areas without traditional power outlets by connected to a 12V D/C Sealed Lead-Acid battery using a special extension cord with alligator clip and D/C power plug “cigarette lighter” power outlet. (AC adapter Not Include).
- 【Humane】Adjustable frequency dial allows you to get rid of cats, dogs, mice, squirrels, rats, skunks, raccoons, birds, deer, mosquitoes and more. Or set it to repel all of them at the same time. Provides humane and chemical-free pest control. Please be noted that our Remote Control works on all the Yard Sentinel model except the Yard Sentinel RV/Yacht.
Additional Info :
- ✓ THE PERFECT SOLUTION FOR MAINTAINING THE GARDEN: Get rid of bothersome pigeons and other garden pests with an ultra-powerful ultrasonic or other deterrent sounds, and enjoy a beautifully green garden. An immediate solution for raccoons and skunks, deer, rodents, mice, rat, bird, pigeons, armadillos, cat, dog, bat, possum, coyote, bear, rabbit and all unwanted pests!
- ✓ 100% QUIET: Our powerful ultrasonic device is absolutely quiet, since its frequency is completely undetectable to a human ear. This feature ensures that you will be able to get rid of pests even at night, without disturbing your children or your neighbors. To enjoy the ultrasonic effect, turn the volume knob all the way to the left, turn the frequency selector to the right higher than 19Khz (Do not use too high frequency!)
- ✓ SAVES TIME & MONEY: The powerful solar panel will save you valuable time and money. It will charge your batteries automatically even on low-sun days, saving you the need of a power source, and saving you the need of constantly recharging your batteries (or buy new ones). Connect the transformer or use the solar panel, Be sure to direct sunlight!
- ✓ NO MORE CHEMICALS: You will no longer need to use hazardous chemicals, toxic sprays, traps and harmful pesticides that can endanger you and your children or harm your plants. Our smart animal deterrent offers a humane way of getting rid of pests so that you no longer have the repulsive smell of dead animals around , and you can enjoy a green and healthy backyard.
- ✓ BUY WITH CONFIDENCE: With us, you can rest assured that we at GARDEN SECRETS put the utmost commitment to ensure that our quality control is nothing short of stringent. Every component and part is meticulously sourced to ensure that quality standards are met. Our 1-year full warranty guarantees that we stand firm fully behind our product. We are always at your service!
Additional Info :
- ✅100% MOTION DETECTED – ADVANCED STEALTH UNIT 👍
- ✅ALL BASIC Ultrasonic Options, Strobe & Audio Included💪
- ✅SOLAR POWERED, ADJUSTABLE & PORTABLE, 230 Sq. F. Eviction Zone👍
- ✅HUMAN, ENVIRONMENT & ANIMAL SAFE – Battery & USB Incl.💪
- ✅TRY IT RISK FREE, Fix Your Animal Problem – Check Out Now🛒
Additional Info :
- 【Say goodbye to the unwanted “explorers”】 We know it is a headache that the unwanted explorers to destroy your farm,pond etc. Now let’s HULPPRE solar alarm lamp scare off them,Join us
- 【You decide how it works】①24 hours with flash and alarm②24 hours with flash but without alarm③12 hours with flash and alarm④12hours with flash but without alarm
- 【Long lasting】One solar charge 6-8 hours,keep working whole day
- 【Sturdy made & waterproof】IP65-rated water resistant with sturdy casing, allows your solar alarm lights outdoor for optimal performance year-round in all climates
- 【What you get】HULPPRE outdoor motion sensor solar alarm with remote,screws/bolts for installation,color box, and our friendly&prompt customer service
Additional Info :
- STRONG REPELLER – This unique blend of ingredients causes mild irritation to animal’s nasal passages. When an animal touches, tastes, or smells Repels-All Animal Repellent, it triggers the natural instinct to escape/avoid and the pest leaves.
- ANIMALS AFFECTED – Our product will repel species of squirrel, deer, rabbit, chipmunk, mouse, skunk, rat, beaver, raccoon, porcupine, bird, groundhog and more rodent species.
- DEFEND YOUR GARDEN AND HOME – Apply around homes, gardens, garbage cans, barns, swimming pools, sheds, woodpiles, decks, patios, and campsites to prevent grazing, chewing, gnawing, nibbling and browsing damage to plants and property.
- BIODEGRADABLE – Repels-All Concentrate is biodegradable and will not harm animals, lawns, gardens, flowerbeds, or other desirable plants when used as directed.
- EASY TO APPLY – Product instantly mixes with water and should be applied using either a trigger spray bottle or pressure tank sprayer. Lasts up to 2 months after it has dried. Carefully read and use according to label directions.
Additional Info :