Sick of bed bugs or other pests? Or are you just trying to keep your home’s air clean and bugs-free? Then look no further, especially if you don’t have a lot of money to spend. Our bags have high quality zippers and are extremely durable. We’ll never ask you to pay for something we don’t deliver. Our company is run by a hard-working husband and wife team who care deeply about customer experience. The best part is that they are useful not just for keeping out pests, but they were designed as a tool to help you control the environment inside your mattress. These bed bug mattress covers have been an absolute life savor. I’ve been able to sleep through the night and not wake up itching from the bites of these pesky critters. Even when pregant with my third child I was still able to sleep peacefully. These covers can be a little bit of an investment, but every month that you don’t have to worry about bed bugs is worth more than the money that you spent! Getting rid of bed bugs is hard, but we have a solution that might make it easier. Did you know that you can put a mattress in a bag and kill all the bed bugs on it? You probably didn’t. I know because I had to google it when writing this – and why wikiHow should have been one of the first results. But I digress… For this reason, we have created this resource for you. We’ll tell you about the best mattress covers for bed bugs (from our research and experience.)
Bed Bug Bags For Mattresses
Check out these things you can do to help prevent and treat bed bug infestations.
Bed bugs are becoming more common. They’re also not a sign of poor hygiene. Bed bugs don’t carry any diseases, and they’re not a medical risk unless bitten by one. That said, an infestation can be stressful and hard to get rid of.
There are many ways to prevent bed bug infestations: using bed bug-proof mattress covers and encasements, keeping clutter off the floor (bed bugs like hiding under objects such as clothing or books), vacuuming frequently and washing your sheets regularly in hot water will help keep the pests away from your home or hotel room. If you think you have bedbugs at home, contact us immediately! We’ll inspect your furniture for signs of bedbugs or eggs so we can take care of the problem before it gets worse!
1. Use mattress encasements for bed bugs.
If you have bed bugs, the first step to getting rid of them is by placing your mattress inside a bed bug bag.
Specifically designed for mattresses, these encasements are made from heavy-duty vinyl and zip up tightly to keep bed bugs securely in place. You should always buy new beds with such bags already installed on them as they can be difficult to install yourself. If you don’t have any encasements yet, place all new mattresses into these immediately upon purchase (or else risk bringing bed bugs into your home). Even if you think your house is completely clean and doesn’t have any signs of an infestation yet, it’s still important that all mattresses are protected by these encasements right away because they can trap any remaining insects within their seams until they’re dead!
2. Wash your clothes in hot water and dry on high heat.
- Wash your clothes in hot water and dry on high heat.
To kill bedbugs, wash garments in hot water and dry on high heat for at least 20 minutes. Use the highest setting the machine will allow, which is usually “Max” or “Super Max”—but don’t use an iron! Some experts recommend using a laundry bag to keep bedbugs out of the washing machine, but this isn’t necessary if you follow all five steps:
- Wash garments in hot water for at least 20 minutes (the hotter the better). If you have any doubts about whether something has been thoroughly washed and rinsed, rewash it. To be extra safe, use detergent that contains bleach as well as oxygen bleach or enzyme cleaner (these are both available at most grocery stores).
- If possible, place items into a mesh laundry bag first so they don’t fall into your washing machine’s tumbling action while they’re being washed or rinsed—this can cause damage to clothing fibers over time! Be sure to keep clothing out of direct sunlight when drying; direct sunlight causes colors to fade faster than normal light exposure would do so
3. Throw away infested items like mattresses and box springs.
If you’re not able to throw away infested items like mattresses and box springs, you can seal them in plastic bags and put them in the freezer for several weeks. When you’re ready to dispose of the items, put them in an outside garbage can or dumpster. Do not put these items into your home garbage or recycling bins—this could lead to another infestation!
4. Get rid of clutter around the house and store belongings off the floor.
It’s difficult to thoroughly clean and inspect every nook and cranny of your home. You can’t see bed bugs hiding in clutter, so it’s important to remove them before bed bug treatment begins.
Bed bugs like to hide in clutter because they blend into the background and are therefore harder to find. They also like places where they can build up their population—so if you have clothes stored under your bed, that provides a nice environment for them! It’s better practice not just for reducing clutter but also for reducing your risk of bringing another infestation into the house during this time.
The best way to do this is by storing all items off of the floor (even things like shoes). This will eliminate any creases where bed bugs might be able to hide during treatment or after treatment has ended.
5. Seal up cracks, crevices and holes including those around baseboards, electrical outlets, windows and pipes with caulk or another appropriate material to block bed bugs from hiding there.
The next step in bed bug prevention is to seal up cracks and holes around the baseboards, electrical outlets, windows and other places where bed bugs might be hiding.
To do this, you’ll need to use caulk or another appropriate material to block them off. You will want to make sure that you are sealing off all of their possible hiding spots with this process so that they cannot escape while traveling inside your home.
If you have any questions about what materials are best for this task, please consult with a professional who can provide more information on how long it will take for them to complete this task successfully (it depends on how big the gaps are).
6. Do not store luggage under your bed or bring secondhand furniture into your home without inspecting it first, even if it is a gift.
If you are bringing secondhand furniture into your home, inspect it first. Do not bring used mattresses into your home or store luggage under the bed. Even if it is a gift, do not accept secondhand furniture without inspecting it first.
Bed bug infestations are on the rise, so take these precautions to protect yourself while traveling and at home!
- Bed bugs can be easily transported from one location to another, so take these precautions when traveling to protect yourself while away and at home.
- If you are traveling and staying in a hotel, check for bed bug infestations before unpacking any of your belongings.
- If you find that there is a bed bug problem in the room, call housekeeping immediately so they can treat it before bringing more bed bugs into the room.
- ULTIMATE PROTECTION – Sleep tight, and never have any worries ! With our super zipper closure fully encasing your mattress, everything will stay out completely!
- WATER RESISTANT – Our mattress protector provides water resistant protection on all six sides of the mattress. Seals out moisture, sweat, and anything wet. Our breathable fabric won’t leave you feeling hot, sweaty, or uncomfortable. It’s easy to take on and off for washing.
- HEALTHY – It will keep your mattress clean by blocking out all the things that you don’t want on it.100% safe for kids, and is a must have for kids who have nighttime accidents. Protect your mattress and your loved one’s health all at the same time.
- 100% SOFT AND QUIET – Our mattress protectors won’t make you feel like you’re sleeping on a bag of potato chips. Our ultra-plush, soft fabric is not only soft to the touch but quiet to the ears, too. We know you’ll love it!
- MACHINE WASH AND DRY – They wash very well and can hold up to many washes. They are durable and won’t tear or crack. We pride ourselves on the quality of our products. If you ever encounter a problem, please reach out to us by e-mail. We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Additional Info :
- Multipurpose: This hypoallergenic king mattress protector provides durable and waterproof protection against bed bugs, accidental spills, mites, and bedwetting to preserve the cushion while preventing stains and exposure to allergens.
- Durable & Safe: The odor-free king mattress cover does not contain PVC’s, phthalates, or vinyl. Not enough? The waterproof mattress protector has also beat the 100 gallon flood test to prove its resilience to liquids and moisture!
- Comfortable: The king-size mattress protector not only preserves the mattress but provides superior comfort. The soft surface layer is ultra snug and, unlike other mattress covers, its produced to be very quiet; it does not crinkle.
- Secure Zipper: The dust mite mattress cover is designed with strong, durable zipper to ensure that it is secured around the entire mattress, optimizing protection and comfort.
- Advanced Technology: With a premium waterproof surface and specialized hi-tech backing, this mattress protector (king) will help keep you and your family safe by eliminating dust mites and their allergens while saving the fabric from mold & mildew.
Additional Info :
- 100% Waterproof – Six-sided premium mattress protector blocks perspiration, bed wetting, liquids and stains; 10-year quality guarantee (NOTE: For frequent accidents and easy clean-ups, place a fitted SureGuard Mattress Protector over the encasement).
- Bed Bug Proof – Super fine zipper with Invisi-Zip and SureSeal technology completely seals off the mattress from bed bugs – use with a SureGuard Box Spring Encasement
- Keeps Your Mattress Clean & Fresh – Blocks dust, dirt and dander on all sides.
- Soft & Noiseless – 100% cotton terry top; Wicks away moisture; Retains the feel of your mattress – Free from Vinyl, PVC, Phthalates, fire retardants and other toxic chemicals
- Queen (60 in x 80 in) – Fits 13 to 16 inches deep; Zippered Mattress Encasement – Machine wash and dry. Independently lab tested and GREENGUARD Gold certified.
Additional Info :
- Thin, quiet waterproof barrier protects all 6 sides of the mattress from fluids and spills vinyl free materials are safe for kids
- Machine washable pillow protector has a zippered closure for complete protection
- Zipper closure for complete encasement
- Machine washable and dryer safe
- Queen size includes 60″ by 80″ encasement; 10-year ; 9″ depth
Additional Info :
- MATTRESS ENCASEMENT – Fits Twin size mattress perfectly with dimensions 39 inches by 75 inches; 13 inches deep pocket
- KNITTED POLYESTER FABRIC – Stretchable knitted polyester fabric fits the mattress easily and gives a comfortable feel while you sleep
- ZIPPERED COVER – Zippered cover with zip secures the mattress from 360 degrees; it protects the mattress
- 100% WATERPROOF PROTECTION – Mattress encasement protects your mattress from unwelcome spills and keeps your mattress clean and safe. High quality TPU backing on all sides resist any leakage into the mattress.
- EASY CARE – Machine washable; tumble dry for easy maintenance; Note: Packaging might slightly vary
Additional Info :