We’ve mentioned bed bug bed stains in the past, but today we are specifically focusing on those marks left behind from the pesky bugs. We’ll help you identify which type of stain you’re dealing with, how to treat each one effectively and how best to clean and prevent damage related to bed bugs. Plus, I’ll show you some hot spots in hotels where bed bugs can be found to help you protect yourself as well. Just thinking about bed bug stains makes my skin crawl. But, with the help of a professional I’ve discovered most bed bug stains are surface only and not very difficult to deal with. Raid and other companies that sell pest control products can be useful, but they tend to use strong chemicals and can cause side effects. Some of these chemicals can even be harmful to you or your child and should not be used without proper protection or in areas where kids live or play. You may also want to consider using products that all-natural or organic as they are often safer for the environment and your family. Ask what all-natural or organic bed bug solutions are best for your needs before purchasing one. The only thing worse than the thought of waking up with an infestation of bed bugs is knowing that they have been using your blood as a pantry. While the bumps and itching may be annoying, seeing the stains they’ve left behind can be far more frustrating.
Bed Bug Bed Stains
Bed bug stains are caused by waste from the bugs
Bed bug fecal matter and blood are called frass. These stains are caused by the waste of bed bugs, which contain tiny droplets of digested blood. The more bed bugs you have in your home, the more waste will be present on your sheets and mattress.
Fecal matter contains pheromones that attract other bed bugs to the same location; this is why it’s important not only to eliminate all live insects but also their droppings as well if you want to prevent re-infestation later on!
Bed bug stains are more obvious than urine from other insects
Bed bug stains are more obvious than urine from other insects.
Insects such as cockroaches, booklice and bark lice can also leave stain marks on your mattress or baseboard, but their waste will be less concentrated than bed bug droppings. It’s important to note that bed bugs don’t urinate in the same way as humans or dogs; instead they defecate on the surface of your bedding in small amounts. These waste deposits look like tiny brown specks that accumulate over time.
Bed bug stains look black or brown, often with a reddish tint
The color of the stain depends on the age of the bed bugs and what they’ve been eating. If a bed bug is young, it will have a dark reddish-brown color; if the bug has just eaten blood, its stain will be blackish or brownish. The type of food can also influence the color of their stains; for example, if someone has been eating a lot of carrots recently (or any orange vegetable), his/her blood may not show up as well as someone who eats more greens or red meat.
Bed bug waste can stain mattresses and sheets
If you have bed bugs, the most important thing you can do for your mattress and sheets is to vacuum them regularly. Bed bug waste can stain mattresses and sheets after a while, so washing is not always enough to remove these stains. If you have a severe infestation of bed bugs, consider purchasing a steam cleaner to clean your mattress with as well; this may be more effective than traditional washing methods for getting rid of stains caused by bed bug waste.
Be aware of the types of stains that bed bugs can leave behind.
Bed bug stains can be hard to identify, but there are several telltale signs of their presence. Look for red spots on your mattress or sheets and black marks around the seams of your mattress. Black or brown stains with a reddish tint may indicate that you have bed bugs in your home, as well as small black spots that resemble tiny specks of pepper sprinkled over the surface of your bedding. Bedbug eradication companies recommend using a flashlight when searching for these telltale signs; this will allow you to check areas where they might be hiding during the day when they are most likely to come out and feed (source).
- 🐾【Find invisible stains】-UV flashlight is perfect for detecting what naked eye can not see，like pet urine and food stains on rugs, carpets and clothes. Check whether the hotel sheets and pillows are clean. Not work well on cat urine
- 🐾【Versatile use】-Easily authenticate currency, driver’s license, official ID cards, passports, antique, or gas leak. Also, this black flashlight is suitable to look for scorpions and minerals
- 🐾【Special design】-IPX4 waterproof level so you can use it in rain, wet place, or emergency situations. Special texture design to prevent sliding and reduce the danger of dropping. 395nm black light flashlight is well-made with high quality Aluminum alloy material. Lifespan up to 15 years
- 🐾【You will get】- 1x Free UV Sunglasses，3 Free AA Batteries to easily set up your UV light and rest assured to use. 1 Year warranty, If there is any problem with the product, please feel free to contact
- 🐾【Compact & portable】- The pocket-size blacklight flashlights is measured 5.75″ x 2.2″ and 6.9oz in weight. You can keep in your pocket to spot stains anytime. The best gift choice for pet-lovers.
Additional Info :
- 3 AA Standard Alkaline Battery (Not Included), Rechargeable batteries are not recommended (Size and Voltage is not compatible)!
- 51 UV LED beam covers a larger area than 9, 21 LED lights. Emits UV light in the 390 to 405 nanometer wavelength.
- Perfect for outside use such as finding scorpions and minerals! And it’s useful tool to detect pet urine and do a house deep cleaning.
- Tips: the 51 UV light LEDs have a lifespan of 15 years,To extend the flashlight’s life, please remove all batteries if you did not intend to use it for a long time.
- Improper use or installation of poor quality batteries may cause product hazards that can affect our safety. We recommend the use of reliable high quality Alkaline batteries. Use of rechargeable or other non-recommended batteries VOIDS the manufacturer warranties.
Additional Info :
- Find invisible stains: UV flashlight helps detect food stains and pet urine stains on rugs, carpets, and clothes that are otherwise invisible to the naked Eye. Not work well on cat urine
- Versatile use: authenticate currency and official documents like drivers licenses or identify unwanted whitening agent in cosmetics
- Perfect for outside use such as finding scorpions and minerals! Shoul used with 3xAA Standard Alkaline Battery (Battery Not Included)
- Durable, high-quality lads: the 51 tenacious UV light LEDs have a lifespan of 15 years
- Ultra-compact design: The pocket-size UV flashlight can be carried along to detect stains in your car or illuminate minerals, body art
Additional Info :
- SAFE AND NATURAL. Made from natural ingredients that produce results. Safe to use around familia, and plants. Use as a general household cleaner and laundry additive.
- STAIN AND SCENT FREE. Natural insecticide produced by a team of entomologists. Get a good night’s sleep without worrying about bed bug or mites. Will not stain bedding and pillows. Apply directly to sheets, mattress and pillow covers. Scent free with no harmful fumes that come from traditional pesticides.
- POWERFUL INSECT KILLER. Pest treatment for home and commercial use. Field tested and proven to eliminate bed bug infestation, dust mites, scabies itch mites, spider mites, bird mites, asesino de chinches, los acaros, stink bugs, cockroaches, silverfish, fleas, and ants.
- GUARANTEED RESULTS. Effective for small and medium infestations. Kills adults, nymphs on contact, and eliminates eggs. Even kills pesticide resistant bugs. We ensure our products are supplied from Certified Natural Products Association (NPA) and Approved Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) facilities. All our products are third party tested and approved.
- CLICK THE ORANGE ADD TO CART. When you order Premo Bed Bug, Lice & Mite Killer today you will receive excellent customer service and are protected by our money back guarantee!
Additional Info :
- ☄【70% BRIGHTER THAN OTHER FLASHLIGHTS 】This 100 UV LEDs black light is 70% brighter than other uv flashlights and powerful than the standard 68 LED lights. Professional grade Ultra intensity 395 nm with 100 top quality LEDs ( each LED lasts up to 12 years) uv flashlight provides the perfect amount of glow light. It can covers larger area without weaken the light. No Need to Crawl Around Sniffing the Floor Any Longer. Its’ portable design makes it ideal for pet owners and travelers.
- ☄【INDOOR & OUTDOOR INSPECTION】 Vansky flash light is Designed for both indoor and outdoor inspection. It is a portable pet (dog cat)urine detector light , which could also revealing smudgy Spots, bed bugs that couldn’t See With the Naked Eye. (Do not detect wet stains) It is effective in detecting scorpions and minerals, and identifying tomato hornworms that are harm to gardens. This led flashlight also indicates the presence of UV brighteners in clothes, making it ideal for hunters.
- ☄【PREMIUM CARPET CLEANING HELPER】 Vansky Black Light is a must-have tool in your cleaning kit. No longer need to clean your carpets blindly, it could exactly detect the food stains, pet urine stains and more invisible stains on your carpet, floors, furniture, or kitchen’s wall. Suit for home and Hotel room. No more paying for professional cleaners, make your cleaning simple. Recommend to pair it up with carpet cleaning and odor eliminating products to maximize the benefits
- ☄【MULTIFUNCTIONAL FLASHLIGHTS 】This uv blacklight could easily authenticate currency, driver’s license, official identification cards, passports, engine oil leaks, glow paint, rocks, dyes, stones, Yooperlite, and more. With it you can find Fluorescent Whitening Agent contained in clothes or your cosmetics, ensuring safe from Fluorescent Agent. It also useful for arts and crafts and making invisible ink and markers glow. This is an essential tool for medical forensics, HVAC repair, and so on.
- ☄【ULTRA QUALITY FLASHLIGHTS】 Vansky flashlight is well-made with impact resistant military grade aluminum weighing with anti abrasive, water and shock surface treatment. Special texture designed to prevent sliding, reduce the danger of dropping. Lanyard useful either to wrap wrist or belt loop. IP44 waterproof & dustproof protection class. The lighting time up to 20 hrs! Should used with 6xAA Standard Alkaline Battery (Battery Not Included)
Additional Info :