Bed bug bites can be a very itchy and unpleasant problem to deal with. Having bed bugs in your home can turn into a nightmare. I had bed bugs a couple years ago and always seem to get them again. Luckily, I’ve learned about some great products that help relieve my itch from these annoying bites. If you suffer from any kind of bite reaction then you know how much it can interfere with your life. The first product is Hydrocortisone Free Anti-itch Gel . Bed bug bites are notorious for causing intense itching, you must have tried everything to rid the itchiness. Nothing seems to be helping. Here is a natural but effective home remedy to reduce the itching and bring fast relief from the irritating sensation of bed bug bites. Are you plagued by a persistent itch that just won’t go away? That’s probably a bed bug bite. Bed bugs are the bane of many homeowners, and they can really ruin the sensibility of life if they get into your home. But have no fear — fortunately, there are many ways to get relief from these pesky bugs!
Bed Bug Bite Relief From Itching
What are bed bug bites?
Bed bugs are parasitic insects that feed on blood. They prefer to feed on humans, but they can also bite other warm-blooded animals. When a bed bug finds its way into your home, it may bite you while you sleep. Bed bug bites usually occur in areas of skin exposed while sleeping and typically do not cause rashes or irritation to the skin. The most common symptoms of a bed bug bite include:
- A wound resembling an open sore
Bed bugs are not known to spread disease; however, they can cause an allergic reaction in some people who may develop a rash or blisters at the site of each bite (an allergic reaction). If you have had previous bites from any type of pest and are experiencing itching, redness or swelling around current bites and suspect you may have been bitten by bed bugs, contact your doctor immediately for treatment options that can relieve your symptoms and prevent further infestations from occurring in your home.
How can you tell if you have bed bugs?
Bed bugs are small insects that live off of the blood of humans and animals. They prefer to feed from exposed skin, so you’re more likely to see a bite or rash where they have been feeding. A majority of people who get bitten don’t develop an allergic reaction, but some do. This can cause an itchy red bump on your skin that may be accompanied by swelling.
You can identify bed bugs by looking for these signs:
- Small brown spots on sheets or mattress seams
- Bed bug shells (exoskeletons) on your sheets or other parts of your mattress where they might crawl out once they’ve fed
- Tiny black dots with yellow in them (feces) near where you sleep
How are bed bug bites treated?
Bed bug bites are treated depending on the severity of the bites. If you feel like your bites are only mildly itchy, then there is no need to treat them. However, if your bed bug bites are severe, you should see a doctor right away as they may have become infected.
If your bites have swollen and become red and inflamed, an antihistamine or steroid can help reduce swelling and relieve itching. If your bite becomes infected with bacteria (staph), a doctor may prescribe antibiotics for treatment.
When do the itching and swelling from bed bugs bites go away?
Itching, swelling and redness around the bite can last anywhere from a few days to a few weeks. In some cases, it can take several months for all signs of itching and swelling to go away. Some people are more sensitive than others when it comes to bed bug bites; for example, if you’re allergic to bed bugs or have another skin condition that makes your skin more sensitive (like eczema), then you may experience even more severe symptoms from an attack.
The good news is that once the itching subsides, most people will never see any evidence that they were bitten in the first place!
How can you ease the itching from bed bug bites?
To stop the itching, you can try:
- Topical creams. These are applied to the skin and may help relieve some of the symptoms associated with bed bug bites. They contain ingredients like menthol, camphor and eucalyptus oil that have been found to be effective in reducing the severity of itching and swelling in other types of insect bites. When choosing a topical cream for your bed bug bite relief, look for products that contain one or more of these active ingredients:
- Menthol (1% lidocaine)
- Camphor (<5%)
- Eucalyptus oil (4%). These products are available over the counter. Be careful not to use too much—you could end up causing further irritation!
Bed bug bites aren’t that harmful, but can be really annoying.
Bed bug bites aren’t dangerous to most people. They are, however, very itchy and can make you anxious if they keep you up at night. A lot of people scratch the area until they bleed and end up with scars that last long after the itching has ended.
To prevent this from happening to you, it’s important to understand how bed bugs bite and what sort of relief there is available for their bites.
- 3.5-ounce tube of Benadryl Extra-Strength Cooling Itch Stopping Anti-Itch Gel for fast cooling relief from skin pain and itching from most outdoor itches
- Provides relief from most outdoor itches associated with insect bites, sunburn, scrapes, minor skin irritations, burns, and minor cuts
- Soothing anti-itch gel also provides relief from itching associated with rashes caused by poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac
- Cooling gel formula contains 2% of the topical analgesic pain reliever diphenhydramine hydrochloride that works by blocking histamines to relieve itches associated with several ailments
- Intended for use by those ages 2 and up, soothing gel offers itch relief for kids and adults alike and is great to keep on hand during outdoor activities such as camping, hiking or taking a walk with the family
Additional Info :
- Non-Toxic, Dye-Free, Paraben-Free. Ammonia-Free. Hydrocortisone-Free. Plant-Based. No Artificial Fragrances.
- Natural Bug Bite Relief: Our patented formula combines White Willow Bark (nature’s aspirin) and Helichrysum plus lavender, menthol, camphor and eucalyptus for their counter-irritant properties.
- Packed with Essential Oils: Enjoy the natural anti-inflammatory and soothing properties of lemongrass, geranium and lavender, while cooling menthol acts as an external analgesic. Soothes the Itch: Find relief from bee and wasp stings, mosquito and spider bites, horse flies, even chiggers and fire ants with this powerful and all-natural after-bite cream.
- Fast-Acting & Long-Lasting: Our soothing, ammonia-free insect itch and pain relief cream absorbs quickly and has a light, pleasant scent.
- Easy, Portable & Kid Friendly: Get soothing relief from bug bites that you can use up to four times a day*
- MADE IN NORTH AMERICA – Nature’s Willow was born from the efforts of a Tennessee daughter developing a product to help ease her mother’s pain.
Additional Info :
- Removes insect venom, saliva, and other irritants left under the skin using suction
- By removing the irritant, the body stops producing the reaction that is causing you to itch & swell
- Works on: mosquitoes, bees, wasps, biting flies, no-see-ums, chiggers, sea lice & more
- Compact, lightweight, reusable and easy to carry
- Clinically Proven, kid friendly, 100% guarantee
Additional Info :
- FAST RELIEF FROM ITCHY BUG BITES: Whether it’s a nasty mosquito or bed bug bite, the itch and painful swelling will be gone quick with Zax’s Original Bug Bite and Anti Itch Cream.
- SOOTHING RASH RELIEF CREAM: Irritated dry skin, rashes, eczema, poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac got you scratching? Zax’s Original Anti-Itch Cream offers soothing relief.
- GET BACK TO THE GREAT OUTDOORS: Are you missing all your favorite outdoor activities; hunting, fishing, camping and hiking? Get back out there knowing Zax’s Original Bug Bite Cream has you covered
- NATURAL INGREDIENTS: Colloidal oatmeal Tea Tree Oil, Witch Hazel, Menthol helps relieve skin rash, itching and swelling
- ITCH RELIEF OR YOUR MONEY BACK: Apply 3x a day. If you don’t like it or aren’t experiencing the results you expected…we’ll give you a no-questions-asked refund. We stand behind all our products and know that you’ll love it.
Additional Info :
- FAST RELIEF: Begins to work immediately when applied soon after an insect bite.
- STOPS PAIN, RELIEVES ITCHING: Works on bites and stings from chiggers, wasps, mosquitoes, ticks and other listed insects.
- REDUCES INFECTION: First aid antiseptic reduces the chance of infection.
- CONVENIENT STICK: The stick applicator easily fits in a pocket – handy for hiking and traveling.
- SOFT TIP: Pen applicator features a soft tip for controlled application.
- 3-in-1 formula stops pain, relieves itching, reduces infection
- Fast, effective and complete bite relief from mosquitoes, wasps chiggers and ticks
- Dispenser provides precise application without the mess
Additional Info :