There are thousands upon thousands of options when it comes to choosing bed bug bite relief. And if you have bed bug bites on your body, you probably wish there was some other way than having to try each and every product until you find one that works for you. Fortunately for you, we have already done that for you! There is a lot to know when dealing with bed bug bite relief. Bed bugs are a growing problem in North America and there are clearly defined ways to prevent, identify, and eliminate them. However, there is still a lot of information that is not accurate or relevant. It’s been known that most of the prescription medications available are ineffective against preventing and curing bed bug bites. It can also be difficult to diagnose if you’re not sure what you’re actually dealing with. The best treatment for bed bugs will involve taking proactive steps towards preventing them from infesting your home in the first place. There are things you can do naturally to both relieve those harmful symptoms and prevent these pests from causing more damage than the bite marks themselves. Have you experienced bed bug bites? Or, in the unfortunate case of some, bed bug infestations? Getting bed bugs is, understandably, not a pleasant experience. Bed bug bites are characterized by red, inflamed bite marks on the skin which can cause itchiness and discomfort.
Bed Bug Bite Relief
Wash the bed bug bites with soap and warm water to remove any known or unknown irritants.
To wash bed bug bites, you will need to use soap and warm water. You can use a gentle soap, such as Dove or Ivory. To get rid of any irritants on your skin, it is important to wash the area thoroughly with soap and water. Do not use hot water because that may worsen your symptoms and make them last longer than they need to.
Washing off the bed bug bites with bleach or alcohol is not recommended because these chemicals will dry out your skin more than washing with soap does. Also, there is no evidence that these products help reduce bed bug irritation because most studies show that washed-off irritants are quickly replaced by new ones from the surrounding environment (e.g., dust mites). Washing off the bite site with an antiseptic such as iodine may also be ineffective since this product does not kill all types of germs found on bed bugs’ bodies; thus any remaining germs may still cause an infection at some point in time after being washed away by antiseptics like iodine or alcohol wipes
Apply anti-itch cream or calamine lotion to help soothe itching.
- Apply anti-itch cream or calamine lotion directly to the bites. This can help to relieve itching and prevent infection.
- Don’t scratch your bites. Scratching might cause them to bleed, which can increase your chances of getting an infection. If you notice that your skin is broken, apply an antibiotic ointment such as Neosporin (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen also provide some relief).
Use an antihistamine to treat mild symptoms of fever, body aches, and chills.
Antihistamines are a common first-line treatment for the following symptoms:
- Body aches and chills
(There are also stronger antihistamines that your doctor may prescribe, but these can make you drowsy).
Bed bug bites are not a health concern, so it’s ok to wait and see if your symptoms go away on their own before seeking treatment.
Although bed bug bites can be uncomfortable, itchy and even embarrassing, they are not considered a health concern. Bed bugs do not transmit diseases to humans.
Bed bug bites are not linked to any diseases and are usually only symptomatic for 1-2 weeks. For this reason, you may want to wait for your symptoms to go away on their own before seeking treatment. If you’re concerned about bed bug bites and want to speed up the healing process, we recommend consulting with a healthcare professional who can recommend treatments such as corticosteroids or antihistamines that will help relieve itching while also relieving swelling in some cases (such as when one has experienced an allergic reaction).
It is recommended that you seek medical attention if your bed bug bites symptoms become more severe or they do not start improving after several days.
If you notice the bites become more severe or they do not start improving after several days, seek medical attention.
The doctor will take a detailed history of your symptoms, and perform a physical examination of your body. The doctor may use a magnifying glass to see the bed bug bite marks or look at them under a microscope. Your doctor may also recommend taking blood tests to rule out other conditions that can cause similar symptoms.
If you are experiencing severe allergic reactions such as difficulty breathing, hives, itching all over your body or swelling in your throat then it is important that you seek medical attention immediately.
- FAST RELIEF FROM ITCHY BUG BITES: Whether it’s a nasty mosquito or bed bug bite, the itch and painful swelling will be gone quick with Zax’s Original Bug Bite and Anti Itch Cream.
- SOOTHING RASH RELIEF CREAM: Irritated dry skin, rashes, eczema, poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac got you scratching? Zax’s Original Anti-Itch Cream offers soothing relief.
- GET BACK TO THE GREAT OUTDOORS: Are you missing all your favorite outdoor activities; hunting, fishing, camping and hiking? Get back out there knowing Zax’s Original Bug Bite Cream has you covered
- NATURAL INGREDIENTS: Colloidal oatmeal Tea Tree Oil, Witch Hazel, Menthol helps relieve skin rash, itching and swelling
- ITCH RELIEF OR YOUR MONEY BACK: Apply 3x a day. If you don’t like it or aren’t experiencing the results you expected…we’ll give you a no-questions-asked refund. We stand behind all our products and know that you’ll love it.
Additional Info :
- Non-Toxic, Dye-Free, Paraben-Free. Ammonia-Free. Hydrocortisone-Free. Plant-Based. No Artificial Fragrances.
- Natural Bug Bite Relief: Our patented formula combines White Willow Bark (nature’s aspirin) and Helichrysum plus lavender, menthol, camphor and eucalyptus for their counter-irritant properties.
- Packed with Essential Oils: Enjoy the natural anti-inflammatory and soothing properties of lemongrass, geranium and lavender, while cooling menthol acts as an external analgesic. Soothes the Itch: Find relief from bee and wasp stings, mosquito and spider bites, horse flies, even chiggers and fire ants with this powerful and all-natural after-bite cream.
- Fast-Acting & Long-Lasting: Our soothing, ammonia-free insect itch and pain relief cream absorbs quickly and has a light, pleasant scent.
- Easy, Portable & Kid Friendly: Get soothing relief from bug bites that you can use up to four times a day*
- MADE IN NORTH AMERICA – Nature’s Willow was born from the efforts of a Tennessee daughter developing a product to help ease her mother’s pain.
Additional Info :
- Quick, effective relief for insect bites, bug bites, sunburn and minor rashes
- Maximum strength pain relief and itch relief
- Cooling relief for sunburn and minor burns
- Goes on clear – no stains or pink residue
- Satisfaction guaranteed
Additional Info :
- The Ultimate Bed Bug Kit – The products below work extremely well in combination together to help you successfully rid your home of bed bug
- Toughest 32oz Spray – Includes one 32oz trigger spray. Kills bed bugs quickly and offers a residual of up to 16 weeks (EPA No. 1021-2597-3)
- Bed Bug Powder – Includes one 4oz bottle (FIFRA – EPA Exempt)
- Aerosol Spray – EPA registered for use on additional areas compared to the 32oz trigger spray including luggage (EPA No. 1021-2570-3)
- Bed Bug Traps – Used to detect and monitor the presence of bed bugs after a treatment has been completed (EPA Est 3-GA-1)
Additional Info :
- STOP ITCHY BITES FROM RUINING YOUR FUN Handy pocket size twist up stick is easy to carry so you can always be prepared when insect bites happen (and they always do). If you or someone you know is sensitive or allergic to mosquito bites (including baby) this convenient itch reliever will be YOUR NEW FAVORITE FIND for camping, hiking and any outdoor activity
- SAFE and EASY FOR CHILDREN TO CARRY and APPLY THEMSELVES The perfect bug bite thing to bring to camp. Works for bites, bumps, bruises and scratches. This all natural bug bite treatment is solid like a lip balm, so there’s NO DRIPPY MESS, NO ODOR, NO STING and NO HEAT PAIN when applying, and is completely natural and safe for all ages.
- MULTIPLE USES Not just bites, but also chapped or irritated skin, bumps, bruises, small cuts, scratches, chapped lips, sunburn, minor campfire burns, dry skin, CPAP machine nose sores, poison ivy and oak, scabies, eczema, jellyfish stings and as a treatment for other insect bites like chigger, flea, spider mite, gnat, bed bug, no see um and horse fly
- STOPS ITCH AND PAIN FAST thanks to the deep penetrating power of emu oil. EMU OIL ABSORBS INTO THE SKIN BETTER and faster than any other oil BECAUSE IT’S SO SIMILAR TO HUMAN SKIN OIL. This makes it the perfect base oil to carry the other anti itch and skin soothing ingredients with it for MAXIMUM EFFECT
- DON’T LEAVE THE HOUSE WITHOUT IT – Keep yourself, your family, kids and your friends itch with the On the Go Stick. Available in a MONEY SAVING 3 PACK so you’ll always have one handy. Keep them in your backpack, purse, first aid kit, tackle box, saddle bag, medicine cabinet and travel kit.
Additional Info :