Are you suffering from bed bugs? Don’t worry, there are plenty of bed bug bite skin treatments available. There are so many it can be hard to choose from all the products that say they’ll get rid of your bed bug infestation. Fortunately for you I’ve done a lot of research and compiled a list that could help you deal with your problem. Bed bug bites are more than just a nuisance. They can also cause an allergic reaction and lead to anxiety, depression, and panic attacks. The worst thing is that it only takes one bite to get you the most unpleasant experience in your life. More info – bed bug bit skin treatments If you have been bitten by bed bugs, you know how hard and itchy they can be. Bed bugs bite skin treatment is important because these bites can get inflamed and spread bacteria which can lead to an infection stream. Any bites that are inflamed, or you think could be getting infected should be checked out by your doctor. But what can you do to relieve the itchiness, reduce the itching and help your body heal?
Bed Bug Bite Skin Treatment
To help reduce itching and swelling, take an antihistamine as soon as you notice the bite. It’s best to use an antihistamine that you know isn’t likely to cause an allergic reaction. This can be any non-prescription or prescription medication such as:
- Benadryl (diphenhydramine)
- Claritin (loratadine)
- Allegra (fexofenadine)
These medications work by blocking the histamine in your body that causes itching, redness, and swelling. They may also make you sleepy so it is important not to take these medications if driving or doing other activities where drowsiness could be dangerous to your health or the health of others around you
If you have been bitten by a bed bug, you should take care to not scratch the bite. Scratching can lead to an infection or further skin irritation.
- Use a cold compress. Apply ice cubes in a plastic bag wrapped in a towel to the affected area. Leave on for 20 minutes and repeat every few hours as needed until swelling goes down.
Heat Compress looks like this (picture).
- Apply to effected skin for 20-30 minutes.
- Repeat every 4 hours as needed until symptoms diminish.
- This treatment is not recommended for children under 12 years old, or anyone with a heart condition or circulatory problems, including Raynaud’s syndrome (a disorder that causes fingers and toes to turn white in cold weather). If you have any doubts about whether heat therapy is right for you, consult your doctor before trying it out.
Apply a topical corticosteroid.
Topical corticosteroids are medications that reduce inflammation and itching. They come in several forms, including creams, ointments, lotions and gels. When prescribed by a doctor, topical corticosteroids are often the first line of treatment for bedbug bites.
Topical corticosteroids are available over-the-counter (OTC) at most drugstores or online for about $25-$50 per tube. When applying this type of medication:
- Wash your hands before touching your skin to avoid transferring bacteria from other parts of your body onto the affected area
- Apply a thin film of cream or ointment directly to any bite mark as soon as possible after being bitten; repeat every day until symptoms subside
Dabbing some hydrocortisone on your bed bug bite is another in-home skin treatment that can provide relief from itching and swelling.
A steroid medication is a topical anti-inflammatory. It reduces the redness, itching and swelling associated with bed bug bites.
Dabbing some hydrocortisone on your bed bug bite is another in-home skin treatment that can provide relief from itching and swelling. This medication should not be used on open sores or broken skin; it should only be applied to unbroken skin that has been exposed to bed bugs or other insects.
Keep your skin clean and moisturized.
It’s important to keep your skin clean and moisturized. To do this, wash the affected area with soap and water. Wash your hands frequently to prevent spreading bed bug bites around to other parts of your body. If you can, use an antibacterial ointment on top of the bite as a way to get rid of bacteria that may cause infection or swelling. Do NOT scratch the bites! Scratching will only irritate them further and make them worse in many cases, potentially leading to pus-filled bumps on top of itchy red blotches.
Scar Treatment looks like this (picture).
Scar treatment looks like this (picture).
If the bite scars your skin, you can use a scar treatment to help minimize the appearance of the scar. Scar treatments are available over-the-counter and may help reduce the appearance of a scar. Some scar treatments may need to be prescribed by your doctor.
Use Clove Oil to stop the itchiness and swelling.
Clove oil will help to stop the itching and swelling. You can apply it directly to the skin, but you must dilute it with a carrier oil before applying it. Clove oil can be used as a repellent or as a way of killing bed bugs.
Bed Bug Bite Skin Treatment
If you’ve been bitten by a bed bug, the first thing to do is remove the insects from your bedroom. Vacuuming is the best way to get rid of them. Pest control professionals are also available if you’re unsure how to clean up after bed bugs. Once this has been done, it’s time for treatment!
The best treatment for bed bug bites is hydrocortisone cream or an antihistamine cream–both can bring relief from itching and swelling, which will help prevent infection (if there is any). You can also try applying an ice pack directly onto each bite site several times per day as well; keep in mind that while this may reduce swelling, it won’t kill any live bugs or stop them from biting again later on.
- FAST RELIEF FROM ITCHY BUG BITES: Whether it’s a nasty mosquito or bed bug bite, the itch and painful swelling will be gone quick with Zax’s Original Bug Bite and Anti Itch Cream.
- SOOTHING RASH RELIEF CREAM: Irritated dry skin, rashes, eczema, poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac got you scratching? Zax’s Original Anti-Itch Cream offers soothing relief.
- GET BACK TO THE GREAT OUTDOORS: Are you missing all your favorite outdoor activities; hunting, fishing, camping and hiking? Get back out there knowing Zax’s Original Bug Bite Cream has you covered
- NATURAL INGREDIENTS: Colloidal oatmeal Tea Tree Oil, Witch Hazel, Menthol helps relieve skin rash, itching and swelling
- ITCH RELIEF OR YOUR MONEY BACK: Apply 3x a day. If you don’t like it or aren’t experiencing the results you expected…we’ll give you a no-questions-asked refund. We stand behind all our products and know that you’ll love it.
Additional Info :
- STOP ITCHY BITES FROM RUINING YOUR FUN Handy pocket size twist up stick is easy to carry so you can always be prepared when insect bites happen (and they always do). If you or someone you know is sensitive or allergic to mosquito bites (including baby) this convenient itch reliever will be YOUR NEW FAVORITE FIND for camping, hiking and any outdoor activity
- SAFE and EASY FOR CHILDREN TO CARRY and APPLY THEMSELVES The perfect bug bite thing to bring to camp. Works for bites, bumps, bruises and scratches. This all natural bug bite treatment is solid like a lip balm, so there’s NO DRIPPY MESS, NO ODOR, NO STING and NO HEAT PAIN when applying, and is completely natural and safe for all ages.
- MULTIPLE USES Not just bites, but also chapped or irritated skin, bumps, bruises, small cuts, scratches, chapped lips, sunburn, minor campfire burns, dry skin, CPAP machine nose sores, poison ivy and oak, scabies, eczema, jellyfish stings and as a treatment for other insect bites like chigger, flea, spider mite, gnat, bed bug, no see um and horse fly
- STOPS ITCH AND PAIN FAST thanks to the deep penetrating power of emu oil. EMU OIL ABSORBS INTO THE SKIN BETTER and faster than any other oil BECAUSE IT’S SO SIMILAR TO HUMAN SKIN OIL. This makes it the perfect base oil to carry the other anti itch and skin soothing ingredients with it for MAXIMUM EFFECT
- DON’T LEAVE THE HOUSE WITHOUT IT – Keep yourself, your family, kids and your friends itch with the On the Go Stick. Available in a MONEY SAVING 3 PACK so you’ll always have one handy. Keep them in your backpack, purse, first aid kit, tackle box, saddle bag, medicine cabinet and travel kit.
Additional Info :
- 3.5-ounce tube of Benadryl Extra-Strength Cooling Itch Stopping Anti-Itch Gel for fast cooling relief from skin pain and itching from most outdoor itches
- Provides relief from most outdoor itches associated with insect bites, sunburn, scrapes, minor skin irritations, burns, and minor cuts
- Soothing anti-itch gel also provides relief from itching associated with rashes caused by poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac
- Cooling gel formula contains 2% of the topical analgesic pain reliever diphenhydramine hydrochloride that works by blocking histamines to relieve itches associated with several ailments
- Intended for use by those ages 2 and up, soothing gel offers itch relief for kids and adults alike and is great to keep on hand during outdoor activities such as camping, hiking or taking a walk with the family
Additional Info :
- ALL IN ONE REPELLENT AND ANTI-ITCH: “No-Bite-Me” DOES IT ALL! Forgot to apply “No-Bite-Me” and got some bug bites? No problem: it’s an anti-itch cream too! Other creams make you choose between repelling bugs and treating uncomfortable bug bites, but “No-Bite-Me” prevents and repairs bug-bombed skin. Effective on black flies, mosquitoes, fleas, and ticks.
- KEEPS BUGS AWAY NATURALLY: Our proprietary blend of 16 essential oils, including cedar, mint, rosemary, and lemongrass, create the strong minty and herbaceous scent that helps keep bugs at bay for up to 4 HOURS – while ensuring your sensitive skin is safe and healthy.
- SAFE FOR CHILDREN: “No-Bite-Me” is a completely safe, natural bug repellent. It’s easy to apply – just dot on exposed skin and blend in. No mess. No fuss. Deet free to protect even the smallest adventurers.
- FULL SIZE FOR BEST VALUE: Our 8oz tin of “No-Bite-Me” cream is amazing for the seasoned traveler! Throw a tin in your backpack, or keep it handy when camping. One tin provides plenty of relief for you and the whole family.
- SALLYE ANDER PROMISE: When you buy Sallye Ander products, you can rest assured knowing you are supporting a company committed to quality and the environment. All products are 100% handmade in the USA from organic locally sourced ingredients, and we’re completely cruelty-free
Additional Info :
- Non-Toxic, Dye-Free, Paraben-Free. Ammonia-Free. Hydrocortisone-Free. Plant-Based. No Artificial Fragrances.
- Natural Bug Bite Relief: Our patented formula combines White Willow Bark (nature’s aspirin) and Helichrysum plus lavender, menthol, camphor and eucalyptus for their counter-irritant properties.
- Packed with Essential Oils: Enjoy the natural anti-inflammatory and soothing properties of lemongrass, geranium and lavender, while cooling menthol acts as an external analgesic. Soothes the Itch: Find relief from bee and wasp stings, mosquito and spider bites, horse flies, even chiggers and fire ants with this powerful and all-natural after-bite cream.
- Fast-Acting & Long-Lasting: Our soothing, ammonia-free insect itch and pain relief cream absorbs quickly and has a light, pleasant scent.
- Easy, Portable & Kid Friendly: Get soothing relief from bug bites that you can use up to four times a day*
- MADE IN NORTH AMERICA – Nature’s Willow was born from the efforts of a Tennessee daughter developing a product to help ease her mother’s pain.
Additional Info :