If you have a bed bug bite which is swollen, there is a good chance it’s infected. You may have heard that you shouldn’t scratch an itch or pimple. This holds true when referring to multiple areas of your body, but why stop with the itching? If you are bitten by a bug and an area turns swollen, why would you want to leave the swelling untreated? There are some great home remedies for bedbug bite swelling and infection. Bed bugs are known to cause a lot of discomfort and pain. If you were unfortunate enough to experience a bed bug bite, you wouldn’t like how the wound swells up and becomes distorted. Even if you are going through the pain of treating bed bug bites right now, there is a good chance that nothing could make you feel better than learning how to get rid of bed bug swelling fast and easy. Swelling of the body part bitten by bed bugs is common. The swelling caused by bed bug bites is typically due to an allergic response to the insect’s saliva, which can include an inflammatory response and in rare cases more severe allergic reactions.
Bed Bug Bite Swelling Treatment
Ice is an accessible and effective bed bug bite treatment.
Ice is an accessible and effective bed bug bite treatment. It can be used to reduce swelling and itching, as well as a preventative measure.
Ice should only be used for short periods of time because prolonged exposure can cause frostbite or tissue damage. Ice does not provide long-term relief from pain.
You can use ice on multiple bites if they appear close together or in the same area; however, it may cause additional discomfort when applied directly to open wounds.
Calamine lotion helps stop the itching.
Calamine lotion is a topical medicine used to treat itching. It can help a rash from bed bug bites by drying the skin and relieving the itching. Calamine lotion contains zinc oxide and calamine, which are natural mineral compounds that have been used since ancient times as healing agents for many ailments. Although calamine lotion is available over-the-counter at most pharmacies, always check with your doctor before using any medications on your own, especially if you’ve had previous allergic reactions to them or if you’re pregnant or breastfeeding.
Over-the-counter remedies can reduce discomfort.
- Antihistamines can help reduce swelling and itching.
- Pain relievers can relieve discomfort from the bite site.
- Antibiotic creams can prevent infection.
Aloe vera gel can ease pain and itching.
Aloe vera gel is made from the leaves of the aloe plant. It contains compounds that help reduce inflammation and soothe skin irritations. Aloe vera gel can be used to treat a number of ailments, including bug bites, sunburns and infections. While there are a variety of commercial products available containing aloe vera gel, it’s important to remember that not all products containing aloe vera are created equal.
It’s best to look for gels that contain 100 percent aloe vera, since many gels on store shelves have additives or preservatives in them that could cause an allergic reaction when applied directly to your skin. In addition to the purest form of the substance being used without any additional ingredients added at all, you should also make sure it comes in a non-GMO form because GMO foods can lead some people astray with allergies as well (not just those who have become sensitive).
Antihistamines help fight allergic reactions.
Antihistamines are a type of medication that can help reduce symptoms associated with allergies, such as swelling and redness. Antihistamines can be bought at pharmacies. They work by blocking histamine receptors in your body, which reduces swelling and itchiness.
If you have been bitten by a bed bug, an antihistamine may also help relieve some of the pain associated with the bites.
Hydrocortisone cream reduces inflammation.
You can apply hydrocortisone cream to reduce swelling, redness and itching. It is available at pharmacies, supermarkets and online. You should not use hydrocortisone on children under 10 years old or people with certain medical conditions. If you use it regularly for a long time (more than 7 days), you may develop a skin infection where you apply it.
Using these treatments will help with the symptoms of bed bug bites.
- Use cold compresses to relieve itching.
- Use antihistamines to reduce swelling and itching.
- Use hydrocortisone cream to reduce inflammation.
- Apply calamine lotion or other over the counter remedies for discomfort.
- STOP ITCHY BITES FROM RUINING YOUR FUN Handy pocket size twist up stick is easy to carry so you can always be prepared when insect bites happen (and they always do). If you or someone you know is sensitive or allergic to mosquito bites (including baby) this convenient itch reliever will be YOUR NEW FAVORITE FIND for camping, hiking and any outdoor activity
- SAFE and EASY FOR CHILDREN TO CARRY and APPLY THEMSELVES The perfect bug bite thing to bring to camp. Works for bites, bumps, bruises and scratches. This all natural bug bite treatment is solid like a lip balm, so there’s NO DRIPPY MESS, NO ODOR, NO STING and NO HEAT PAIN when applying, and is completely natural and safe for all ages.
- MULTIPLE USES Not just bites, but also chapped or irritated skin, bumps, bruises, small cuts, scratches, chapped lips, sunburn, minor campfire burns, dry skin, CPAP machine nose sores, poison ivy and oak, scabies, eczema, jellyfish stings and as a treatment for other insect bites like chigger, flea, spider mite, gnat, bed bug, no see um and horse fly
- STOPS ITCH AND PAIN FAST thanks to the deep penetrating power of emu oil. EMU OIL ABSORBS INTO THE SKIN BETTER and faster than any other oil BECAUSE IT’S SO SIMILAR TO HUMAN SKIN OIL. This makes it the perfect base oil to carry the other anti itch and skin soothing ingredients with it for MAXIMUM EFFECT
- DON’T LEAVE THE HOUSE WITHOUT IT – Keep yourself, your family, kids and your friends itch with the On the Go Stick. Available in a MONEY SAVING 3 PACK so you’ll always have one handy. Keep them in your backpack, purse, first aid kit, tackle box, saddle bag, medicine cabinet and travel kit.
Additional Info :
- FAST RELIEF FROM ITCHY BUG BITES: Whether it’s a nasty mosquito or bed bug bite, the itch and painful swelling will be gone quick with Zax’s Original Bug Bite and Anti Itch Cream.
- SOOTHING RASH RELIEF CREAM: Irritated dry skin, rashes, eczema, poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac got you scratching? Zax’s Original Anti-Itch Cream offers soothing relief.
- GET BACK TO THE GREAT OUTDOORS: Are you missing all your favorite outdoor activities; hunting, fishing, camping and hiking? Get back out there knowing Zax’s Original Bug Bite Cream has you covered
- NATURAL INGREDIENTS: Colloidal oatmeal Tea Tree Oil, Witch Hazel, Menthol helps relieve skin rash, itching and swelling
- ITCH RELIEF OR YOUR MONEY BACK: Apply 3x a day. If you don’t like it or aren’t experiencing the results you expected…we’ll give you a no-questions-asked refund. We stand behind all our products and know that you’ll love it.
Additional Info :
- 3.5-ounce tube of Benadryl Extra-Strength Cooling Itch Stopping Anti-Itch Gel for fast cooling relief from skin pain and itching from most outdoor itches
- Provides relief from most outdoor itches associated with insect bites, sunburn, scrapes, minor skin irritations, burns, and minor cuts
- Soothing anti-itch gel also provides relief from itching associated with rashes caused by poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac
- Cooling gel formula contains 2% of the topical analgesic pain reliever diphenhydramine hydrochloride that works by blocking histamines to relieve itches associated with several ailments
- Intended for use by those ages 2 and up, soothing gel offers itch relief for kids and adults alike and is great to keep on hand during outdoor activities such as camping, hiking or taking a walk with the family
Additional Info :
- Non-Toxic, Dye-Free, Paraben-Free. Ammonia-Free. Hydrocortisone-Free. Plant-Based. No Artificial Fragrances.
- Natural Bug Bite Relief: Our patented formula combines White Willow Bark (nature’s aspirin) and Helichrysum plus lavender, menthol, camphor and eucalyptus for their counter-irritant properties.
- Packed with Essential Oils: Enjoy the natural anti-inflammatory and soothing properties of lemongrass, geranium and lavender, while cooling menthol acts as an external analgesic. Soothes the Itch: Find relief from bee and wasp stings, mosquito and spider bites, horse flies, even chiggers and fire ants with this powerful and all-natural after-bite cream.
- Fast-Acting & Long-Lasting: Our soothing, ammonia-free insect itch and pain relief cream absorbs quickly and has a light, pleasant scent.
- Easy, Portable & Kid Friendly: Get soothing relief from bug bites that you can use up to four times a day*
- MADE IN NORTH AMERICA – Nature’s Willow was born from the efforts of a Tennessee daughter developing a product to help ease her mother’s pain.
Additional Info :
- ALL IN ONE REPELLENT AND ANTI-ITCH: “No-Bite-Me” DOES IT ALL! Forgot to apply “No-Bite-Me” and got some bug bites? No problem: it’s an anti-itch cream too! Other creams make you choose between repelling bugs and treating uncomfortable bug bites, but “No-Bite-Me” prevents and repairs bug-bombed skin. Effective on black flies, mosquitoes, fleas, and ticks.
- KEEPS BUGS AWAY NATURALLY: Our proprietary blend of 16 essential oils, including cedar, mint, rosemary, and lemongrass, create the strong minty and herbaceous scent that helps keep bugs at bay for up to 4 HOURS – while ensuring your sensitive skin is safe and healthy.
- SAFE FOR CHILDREN: “No-Bite-Me” is a completely safe, natural bug repellent. It’s easy to apply – just dot on exposed skin and blend in. No mess. No fuss. Deet free to protect even the smallest adventurers.
- FULL SIZE FOR BEST VALUE: Our 8oz tin of “No-Bite-Me” cream is amazing for the seasoned traveler! Throw a tin in your backpack, or keep it handy when camping. One tin provides plenty of relief for you and the whole family.
- SALLYE ANDER PROMISE: When you buy Sallye Ander products, you can rest assured knowing you are supporting a company committed to quality and the environment. All products are 100% handmade in the USA from organic locally sourced ingredients, and we’re completely cruelty-free
Additional Info :