Bed bugs? Yuck! Getting bitten by bedbugs is definitely one of my worst nightmares. Knowing that these little bloodsuckers can sneak into your home and bite you at any moment is terrifying. Not only do the bites look gross and hurt, but they are also very itchy. When I hear about stories about bed bug infestations, I always wonder how I can avoid them and make sure my home doesn’t get infected too. So you’ve finally found a bed bug bites remedy that works, and you’re completely relieved. All over body itching and scratching can soon be a thing of the past. Well, not quite..because if you’re still having to deal with this itchy discomfort then you’re probably wondering, is my skin going to clear up? What’s next? So maybe you’ve seen a few of those tell-all, “horror story” commercials and wondered, “Are bed bugs really that bad?” Well, if you’re wondering what the fuss is about, let me assure you: it’s for real. Now I’m not here to scare you, but I am here to tell you that YES, bed bug bites can and will happen to you when traveling.
Bed Bug Bites All Over Body
Bed bugs are a real pain. They live in cracks in the walls, your bed, and elsewhere around your house. You can’t see them, but you can sure feel their bites!
Bed bugs are small, oval-shaped insects that have six legs and are no more than 1/4 inch long. They feed on human blood by piercing the skin with their mouthparts and sucking out blood. Bed bugs are often mistaken for ticks or other insects but are not known to carry disease.
The best way to deal with bed bug bites is to prevent them from happening in the first place, by using a mattress encasement you can virtually eliminate your exposure to these pests.
The first things to know about bed bug bites are that you might not realize you have them until you have many of them, so don’t wait to treat the issue.
Bed bug bites are usually not painful, but they do itch. You may also notice a small red mark where the bed bug has bitten you. Bed bugs tend to bite in groups of three or more and usually on exposed areas of the body (typically arms, neck and face). While some people have no reaction to their bites at all, others may develop an allergic reaction that can result in swelling and hives.
Bed bugs thrive in dirty environments with lots of clutter like apartments with messy bedrooms or motel rooms with trashy beds and dirty walls. If you think that your home is infested with these pests, do not panic: it is possible to get rid of them yourself if you take the right steps immediately! Here’s how:
You won’t feel the initial bite from a bed bug because they inject a numbing substance into your body beforehand. It can take a few minutes for the itchiness to kick in.
The first thing to remember is that not everyone is allergic to bed bug bites. If you don’t feel the initial bite or scratch, it’s possible that the numbing substance injected by a bed bug into your body causes this effect. You may also not feel the itchiness immediately after the bite occurs, but rather hours later. This can be confusing because you don’t know what exactly happened at first; however, as soon as you start itching and feeling pain in any area of your body where a bed bug has been present within 48 hours of seeing signs of infestation (and even if there were no signs), take action immediately!
After being bitten by bed bugs, small red bumps will appear on your skin that are itchy and may even hurt. If they become infected, they could lead to further complications.
The size of bed bug bites can vary from the size of a pinhead to that of small apple seeds. They are typically red in color and can appear as raised bumps with blisters on top or as small, flat itchy spots.
The time it takes for bed bug bites to appear varies from person to person but usually starts within 12 hours after the initial bite. The bites have been reported to look like mosquito or flea bites, although they can also resemble pimples or even hives. Bed bug bite symptoms include:
- Itching around the area where you were bitten (this may become more intense when you’re asleep)
- Small red bumps on your skin that may itch or burn (the appearance is similar to other insect bites)
- Red marks left behind by scratching
If you’ve found a bed bug infestation in your home, call an exterminator immediately! They know how to handle these pests and will keep them from spreading further into your living space.
If you’ve found a bed bug infestation in your home, call an exterminator immediately! They know how to handle these pests and will keep them from spreading further into your living space. It is also important that you contact a local exterminator to avoid bringing these pests into your neighborhood when transporting them from one location to another. Make sure that the company has the proper licensing and insurance policies in place so that you can rest assured knowing that their work is done safely and legally.
Since you may not be able to tell if a bed bug has bitten you right away, it’s important to look out for signs like red bumps on your skin or an unexplained itchiness
Bed bug bites are often in a line (because they come out at night and feed on your blood) and can be in groups of three or four. The bites are usually small red bumps that may be itchy and painful, though many people do not react to them.
- 3.5-ounce tube of Benadryl Extra-Strength Cooling Itch Stopping Anti-Itch Gel for fast cooling relief from skin pain and itching from most outdoor itches
- Provides relief from most outdoor itches associated with insect bites, sunburn, scrapes, minor skin irritations, burns, and minor cuts
- Soothing anti-itch gel also provides relief from itching associated with rashes caused by poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac
- Cooling gel formula contains 2% of the topical analgesic pain reliever diphenhydramine hydrochloride that works by blocking histamines to relieve itches associated with several ailments
- Intended for use by those ages 2 and up, soothing gel offers itch relief for kids and adults alike and is great to keep on hand during outdoor activities such as camping, hiking or taking a walk with the family
Additional Info :
- Removes insect venom, saliva, and other irritants left under the skin using suction
- By removing the irritant, the body stops producing the reaction that is causing you to itch & swell
- Works on: mosquitoes, bees, wasps, biting flies, no-see-ums, chiggers, sea lice & more
- Compact, lightweight, reusable and easy to carry
- Clinically Proven, kid friendly, 100% guarantee
Additional Info :
- Diatomaceous earth-based powder is a highly effective ant killer; 4-pound resealable bag
- Kills insects by ingestion/dehydration within 48 hours indoors or outdoors
- Also for bed bug, cockroach, flea, earwig, silverfish, cricket, millipede and centipede control
- Insects cannot develop an immunity to this product unlike traditional insect killers
- Formula contains 100% Diatomaceous Earth
Additional Info :
- ALL IN ONE REPELLENT AND ANTI-ITCH: “No-Bite-Me” DOES IT ALL! Forgot to apply “No-Bite-Me” and got some bug bites? No problem: it’s an anti-itch cream too! Other creams make you choose between repelling bugs and treating uncomfortable bug bites, but “No-Bite-Me” prevents and repairs bug-bombed skin. Effective on black flies, mosquitoes, fleas, and ticks.
- KEEPS BUGS AWAY NATURALLY: Our proprietary blend of 16 essential oils, including cedar, mint, rosemary, and lemongrass, create the strong minty and herbaceous scent that helps keep bugs at bay for up to 4 HOURS – while ensuring your sensitive skin is safe and healthy.
- SAFE FOR CHILDREN: “No-Bite-Me” is a completely safe, natural bug repellent. It’s easy to apply – just dot on exposed skin and blend in. No mess. No fuss. Deet free to protect even the smallest adventurers.
- FULL SIZE FOR BEST VALUE: Our 8oz tin of “No-Bite-Me” cream is amazing for the seasoned traveler! Throw a tin in your backpack, or keep it handy when camping. One tin provides plenty of relief for you and the whole family.
- SALLYE ANDER PROMISE: When you buy Sallye Ander products, you can rest assured knowing you are supporting a company committed to quality and the environment. All products are 100% handmade in the USA from organic locally sourced ingredients, and we’re completely cruelty-free
Additional Info :
- PROVEN 100% EFFECTIVE — Journal of Economic Entomology published a, independent study by the prestigious Rutgers University Entomogy Department, which confirmed that Bed Bug Patrol is “The Most Effective Essential Oil-Based Pesticide” on the market. Bed Bug Patrol’s 100% natural, proprietary formula eradicates bedbugs in every cycle of life form, from egg and nymph, to pesticide-resistant mutating adults. Helping to prevent future infestations of bed bugs and stopping mutation in it’s tracks.
- PLANT-BASED, NON-TOXIC, UNIVERSITY STUDIED, CHILD AND PET SAFE — Made in the USA, using 100% natural and non-toxic ingredients. No more worries of toxic fumes or dangerous chemicals coming in contact with you and your family.
- TSA APPROVED MAX 3.2oz TRAVEL SIZE — Bed Bug Patrol Travel Spray is sized specifically to meet the 3.2 oz liquid travel limitation imposed by TSA, while still packing enough power to protect even the worst hotel rooms from infestations.
- FREE STEP-BY-STEP E-BOOK — Message us for your digital PDF eBook on How to Get Rid of Bed Bugs. This eBook gives you an in-depth look on bed bugs and how to effectively win your bed bug battle quickly and effectively!
- MONEY BACK GUARANTEE — Formulated by our founder, a 25 year natural approach based Homeopathic Practitioner, Bill Carlson. He personally guarantees that Bed Bug Patrol Bed Bug Killer will work, or your money back! We stand behind our products and dare you to try it 100% Risk-Free for 30 days. If you are not satified. We will refund 100% of your money. All we ask is that you tell us why it did not work for you, so we can continually get feedback, to continue to always improve our products!!
Additional Info :