Good morning all. I am back with a new article on best natural pest control for garden. It is a very common thing for a gardener to deal with pests and insect infestation in the garden. We usually use chemicals to control them but are you aware that there are many other ways to do it. When we talk of garden we usually relate to flowers and plants. Every year there are a lot of people who have gardens in their homes. This is very common especially in the countries with climatic condition suitable for growing plants and flowers. So now it has become essential that you consider using natural pest control methods in your garden. We all have seen a weevil or two in the garden and we know that they are pests, but did you know that in certain situations, weevils can be beneficial for your garden? If you want to learn more about natural treatments for pest control in gardens, click on through and read this post.
Best Natural Pest Control For Garden
Whether you have a vegetable garden or just a small collection of flowerbeds, nothing is more frustrating than pests eating all your hard work. Luckily, you don’t have to spray toxic chemicals everywhere to keep pests at bay! There are plenty of natural ways to protect your garden. Add some marigolds, hang up some bat houses, and use essential oils in your spray solution. With just a little bit of work and planning, you can get rid of those pests for good without hurting our planet.
Marigolds are a popular variety of annual flower that provide a natural insect repellent. They are also considered to be good companion plants because they help deter pests from other garden plants. Marigolds can be planted around the perimeter of your garden or in between rows of vegetables and flowers. Marigold is useful as an insect repellent for various types of pests, including aphids, squash bugs, Mexican bean beetles and whiteflies.
Marigolds are also great companion plants for beans, cucumbers and squash because they help control several types of weeds that these vegetables tend to struggle with in the garden like morning glory or bindweed (Convolvulus arvensis). If you’re growing tomatoes then marigold is said to deter flea beetles which can cause damage by eating holes through leaves which result in reduced growth rates so it’s important to keep them away from your tomato plants at all cost!
If you have a garden that is frequently plagued by pests, you might be interested in learning about natural pest control. There are many different methods of naturally controlling pests, including the use of non-toxic pesticides and beneficial insects. However, one method that may not have occurred to you is the installation of bat houses. Bats eat many types of flying insects and are very effective at reducing populations of pest insects such as mosquitoes and beetles within their habitat. In addition to providing an environmentally friendly method for reducing pest populations in your garden, building a bat house also allows you to observe these beautiful creatures up close as they fly around above your property!
Eggshells are a great way to repel pests in your garden. They’re rich in calcium, phosphorus and potassium, which all contribute to the growth of plants. Adding crushed eggshells to your soil will help make it more alkaline and add nutrients that are essential for healthy plant growth.
Eggshells also contain tiny amounts of magnesium and sodium, which can help prevent many types of insects from getting into your garden by repelling them as well as luring them away with their own scents
Coffee grounds are a great natural pest control for your garden. If you have a problem with slugs and snails, coffee grounds make a great barrier between them and the plants you want to protect. They also work well to repel ants, flies and other pests from your garden.
- Essential oils are effective against a wide range of pests. This includes aphids, mites, scale insects and other garden pests.
- Essential oils do not harm humans or pets. They are safe to use around both humans and animals in your garden environment without causing any harm to either party.
- Essential oils are easy to apply on plants or soil using a variety of methods such as spraying directly on the affected plant matter or applying it via spray bottle into the ground around the roots of your plants/garden bedding area(s). It’s important to note that some essential oils do not mix well with water so make sure you test first before applying any type of solution containing these particular liquids (eucalyptus oil being one example).
- Compared with chemical pesticides which often come with dangerous side effects (including death), essential oils are generally safer for everyone involved–including our furry friends! You’ll also save money by using them because they’re much less expensive than other options out there like insecticides; plus they’re easy-to-use so anyone can get started!
The soap spray is an inexpensive and effective way to control your garden pests. It’s also simple to make, so you won’t have to waste time or money on store-bought versions. When using this method to combat garden pests, make sure that you use dish soap rather than hand soap (which can be too harsh). Put 1 cup of liquid dish soap in a spray bottle with 1 cup of water and shake well before each use. Spray this mixture directly onto plants that are infested with aphids or other small bugs; repeat every few days until they disappear completely (you may need more than one application). Be careful not to spray any bees or butterflies that might be visiting your garden; these insects are beneficial for pollinating plants and will not harm them if left alone!
Hot pepper repellent
Spray your hot pepper mixture in the evening when the temperature is above 50 degrees and there is no wind. You should also spray on a cloudless day or in the early morning hours when dew still covers the leaves. Direct sunlight will evaporate some of your repellent, so it’s best to spray during this time as well.
Garlic spray is a great choice for gardeners who don’t have time to prepare and apply homemade pest control solutions. It’s also good for those who are simply looking for a quick and effective way to keep pests away from their gardens.
To make garlic spray, you’ll need:
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid soap or detergent (Dawn dishwashing liquid works well)
- 4 tablespoons of minced garlic
Mix together all ingredients in a spray bottle and shake well. Spray directly on plants that are infested with aphids, spider mites, or other pests listed below; then water as usual. Repeat once every three days until problem insects disappear or have been significantly reduced in number by the first application of garlic spray.
Lemon juice is a natural pesticide that can help with aphids, ants and spider mites. It’s also effective against whitefly, thrips and scale insects.
- Mix 1 part lemon juice to 4 parts water in a spray bottle, then spray on your plants every few days to get rid of these pests.
- You can use lemon juice in conjunction with other natural pesticides like neem oil or garlic insect repellent oil to get the best results against garden pests.
Make your own natural pest control to protect your garden.
- Use a variety of methods. Using only one method can be ineffective, so you should use a combination of natural methods to keep pests under control.
- Mix and match methods. The most effective way to avoid using harmful pesticides is to combine physical, chemical and biological control methods for your garden pest problem.
The three types of controls are:
Physical controls – These are barriers that keep pests out of your garden or home such as fencing or netting around vegetable plants or window screens on doors leading outside the house;
Chemical controls – These include substances that kill insects like insecticidal soap (which contains potassium salts) or diatomaceous earth (crushed fossil shells);
Biological controls – These involve using organisms such as ladybugs which eat aphids which damage plant leaves by sucking plant juices out of them;
Now that you know the best natural pest control for the garden, what are you waiting for? Start making some today! Try out these recipes and let us know how they work for you. Or try making your own recipe with different ingredients! We’re excited to hear about all of your successes.
- Extra Concentrated for Long-Lasting Protection
- Natural Ingredients Proven Effective in the Real World
- Large 16oz Bottle
- Powerful Essential Oil
Additional Info :
- KILLS & REPELS. A preventative and a treatment, this spray is a natural pest repellent, and kills mosquitoes, ants, fleas, ticks, roaches, flies, scorpions, chiggers, crickets, chinch bugs, japanese beetles, no-see-ums, gnats and more. Safe alternative to conventional pesticide sprays, baits, ant granules, zappers or foggers.
- SPRAY & PLAY! Safe around cats, dogs and people of all ages, with no wait time for drying or reentry into sprayed outside areas. Just attach directly to a garden hose, spray your backyard, and enjoy. Keep the bottle & Refill the sprayer with our Outdoor Pest Control Concentrate!
- TREATS UP TO 5,000 SQUARE FEET. A bug control spray that can be safely used on lawns, gardens, grass, picnic areas, playgrounds, patios, vegetables, flowers, siding, brick, paint and more. Treat an existing pest infestation or for prevention. Application coverage depends on water pressure and walking speed.
- NO HARSH CHEMICALS. No artificial colors, fragrances or harsh pesticides. Made in the USA from powerful, sustainable plant-based ingredients. Cruelty free and biodegradable. Keep the bottle & Refill the sprayer with our Outdoor Pest Control Concentrate!
- POWERED BY NATURE, AS POWERFUL AS PERMETHRIN. Powered by cedar oil, our eco-friendly formula is proven to kill and repel pests. Safe when sprayed outdoors around pets, kids, and beneficial insects like bees and butterflies. Permethrin-Free. Packaging may vary.
Additional Info :
- KILLS & REPELS. A preventative and a treatment, this plant-powered spray is handcrafted with the purest natural essential oils. Kills mosquitoes, ants, fleas, ticks, roaches, flies, scorpions, crickets, chinch bugs, japanese beetles, no-see-ums, gnats, and more. Safe alternative to conventional pesticide sprays, baits, ant granules, zappers or foggers.
- SPRAY & PLAY! Safe for cats, dogs and people of all ages, with no wait time for drying or reentry into sprayed outside areas. Just mix desired amount of product into any applicator and fill to the top with recommended amount of water, spray your backyard, and enjoy.
- TREATS UP TO 10,000 SQUARE FEET. A bug control spray that can be safely used on lawns, gardens, patios, grass, picnic areas, playgrounds, vegetables, flowers, siding, brick, paint and more. Treat an existing pest infestation or for prevention. Application coverage depends on water pressure and walking speed. Our concentrates are a great refill to the Wondercide Ready-to-Use Outdoor Pest Control Spray. Applicator required (not included).
- TREAT NATURE WITH NATURE. Our plant-derived concentrates are effective and powered by natural essential oils. Can be used safely on yards, gardens (including edible gardens), patios, flowers, siding, brick, paint, and more. Non-harsh formula.
- POWERED BY NATURE, AS POWERFUL AS PERMETHRIN. Powered by cedar oil, our eco-friendly formula is proven to kill and repel pests. Safe around pets, kids, and beneficial insects like bees and butterflies when sprayed outdoors. Permethrin-Free.
Additional Info :
- Proven Safe and Effective – Quickly Kill and Repel Insects in the Real World
- Concentrated Formula for Powerful Protection
- Each 8oz Concentrate Makes 1 Gallon Repellent Spray
- Made with Premium Natural Peppermint Essential Oil
- Great Value for Refills
Additional Info :
- KILLS & REPELS. A preventative and a treatment, this pest repellent spray is powered by natural essential oils and kills mosquitoes, ants, fleas, ticks, roaches, flies, scorpions, chiggers, crickets, chinch bugs, japanese beetles, no-see-ums, gnats and more. Safe alternative to conventional pesticide sprays, zappers, and foggers.
- SPRAY & PLAY! Safe for cats, dogs and people of all ages, with no wait time for drying or reentry into sprayed areas and environments. Just mix desired amount of product into any applicator and fill to the top with recommended amount of water, spray your backyard, and enjoy.
- TREATS UP TO 10,000 SQUARE FEET. Can be safely used on lawns, gardens, grass, patios, vegetables, flowers, siding, brick, paint and more. Treat an existing pest infestation or for prevention. Application coverage depends on water pressure and walking speed. Our concentrates are a great refill to the Wondercide Ready-to-Use Flea & Tick Yard & Garden Spray.
- TREAT NATURE WITH NATURE. No artificial colors, fragrances or harsh pesticides. Made in the USA from powerful, sustainable plant-based ingredients. Safe when sprayed outdoors around pets, kids, and beneficial insects like bees and butterflies. Cruelty-Free and biodegradable.
- PLANT-DERIVED AND POWERFULLY EFFECTIVE. Powered by cedar oil, Wondercide is proven pest protection, especially for flea, tick, and mosquito removal.
Additional Info :