Cedarwood oil is a natural flea repellent. It emits a scent that repels the fleas, causing them to run away from your pet and prevent them from biting.
Cedarwood oil for fleas contains an active ingredient called alpha-pinene, which is known to repel insects and other pests. The oil is derived from the cedar tree, and it can be used on dogs and cats alike. Cedarwood oil for fleas has been proven effective in preventing fleas from biting their host animals.
If you have a dog or cat that has been bitten by fleas, you can use this product as a preventative measure against future infestations. If you want to get rid of existing infestations, simply apply cedarwood oil directly onto your pet’s skin at least once per day until all signs of flea activity are gone (usually within two weeks).
How Do You Use Cedarwood Oil for Fleas?
Cedarwood oil is a natural way to get rid of fleas. It’s a safe, non-toxic, and eco-friendly option that you can use on your pets without chemicals.
Cedarwood oil is a natural flea repellent that you can use to keep your pets and home pest-free.
To use cedarwood oil for fleas, place 20 drops of cedarwood oil into a 34oz spray bottle, fill the bottle with equal parts vinegar and water, and then shake vigorously to mix the ingredients. Spray your pet with this mixture directly onto their coat and let it sit for 5 minutes before rinsing off. Repeat as often as needed.
If you’re looking for an all-natural solution, this is it.
Here are other ways to use Cedarwood Oil:
- Add 1 or 2 drops of Cedarwood oil to a bathtub full of warm water and soak your pet in it for at least 10 minutes. You can add more if you want to dilute the scent even further.
- Use an essential oil diffuser near your pet’s bed or favorite spot in the house (or both) and let the scent waft through the air so that it gets inhaled by your pet when they breathe deeply. Make sure not to blow directly on them. If you do, you could end up with a coughing fit from inhaling too much smoke from the burning oils. The best thing about this method is that it’s free, all you need are some drops of cedarwood oil.
- Put a few drops on a cotton ball and leave it under their bedding or near where they spend most of their time in order for them
How Quickly Does Cedarwood Oil Kill Fleas?
Cedarwood oil kills fleas almost immediately.
It’s a natural insecticide that works against a wide range of pests, including fleas, ticks, and mosquitoes. It’s even been shown to be effective against bed bugs. You can apply it directly to your pet or add it to their shampoo.
How Do You Make Cedarwood Spray for Fleas?
To make your own cedarwood flea spray, all you need is 4 Tbsp apple cider vinegar, 2 tsp aloe vera gel, 1 Tbsp sweet almond oil (ticks dislike this oil), 4 drops lemon EO, 4 drops Lavender EO, 10 drops citronella EO, and 8 drops Cedarwood EO.
First, add the apple cider vinegar to a bowl and mix it with the aloe vera gel. Next, add in the sweet almond oil and stir until combined. Add in your essential oils of choice (lemon and lavender are both great for repelling insects) and stir again until everything is well combined. Finally, fill an 8 oz. spray bottle with distilled water and shake vigorously before each use.
How Much Cedarwood Oil to Kill Fleas?
A good amount of cedarwood oil to kill fleas is 1.3 percent. This means that for every 100 ml of water, you add 1.3 ml of cedarwood oil. Be sure to do this in a well-ventilated area, as the fumes are toxic.
Does Cedarwood Oil Kill Flea Eggs?
Cedar oil is able to dissolve pests in their early life cycle stages like eggs and larvae. Cedarwood oil kills flea eggs when used as a spray on the pet’s fur. It also acts as a flea repellant.
Cedar oil works to kill fleas because it contains pinene, limonene, and camphene which are natural insecticides. Cedarwood essential oil also contains many other chemical compounds that can help to repel ticks, mosquitoes, mites, spiders, and other insects.
List of Products Used To Get Rid of Fleas
The best way to eliminate fleas is to use an integrated approach. This means using a combination of products that work differently and can help prevent fleas from returning. Here are some products that are effective against fleas:
TropiClean Citrus & Neem Oil Flea Shampoo for Dogs | Tick and Flea Bite Relief for Dogs | Natural Dog Shampoo Derived from Natural Ingredients | Made in the USA | 1 gallon
Price : $62.99
- SOOTHES FLEA & TICK BITES – Our flea and tick shampoo is formulated with neem oil for dogs, providing lasting comfort and soothing itch and bite relief.
- ELIMINATES DOG SMELL – Reduce unwanted dog odor with our effective flea and tick shampoo with a revitalizing scent of orange and pine.
- FEEL-GOOD INGREDIENTS – The moisturizing neem shampoo for dogs is derived from natural ingredients such a calming coconut and soothing citrus.
- PET PARENT APPROVED – An oatmeal flea and tick shampoo that’s paraben, dye, soap and cruelty free and suitable for use on dogs twelve weeks or older.
- TROPICLEAN – For a tropical experience, pair this grooming gallon shampoo with our flea and tick products like the bite relief spray and dog and bedding spray.
MAJESTIC PURE Cedarwood Essential Oil, Therapeutic Grade, Pure and Natural Premium Quality Oil, 4 Fl Oz
Price : $12.70 ($3.18 / Fl Oz)
- Premium Quality Cedarwood Essential Oil; pure and natural cedarwood oil; non-toxic,
- Premium Quality Cedarwood Essential Oil; pure and natural cedarwood oil; non-toxic,
- Made in USA Cedarwood essential oil is extracted through the process of steam distillation from wood pieces of the cedar wood tree. The major components of cedarwood essential oil are alpha-cedrene, beta-cedrene, cedrol, widdrol, thujopsene and a group of sesquiterpenes Ñ all of which contribute a great deal to its health benefits
- Safety Warning: For external use only. Other than aromatherapy, dilute with a carrier oil. For topical use, rub a very small amount on the inside of your elbow area to test for any allergic reaction before use. Keep out of the reach of pets. Essential oils can be potentially toxic to pets at certain concentrations. Cats can be especially sensitive to essential oils. Avoid contact with eyes, keep out of the reach of children. If pregnant, consult with your health care provider before use.
- Made in USA, Delivered with a premium quality glass dropper for ease-of-use.
- Cedarwood essential oil blends well with bergamot, chamomile, clary sage, cypress, eucalyptus, jasmine, juniper, lavender, neroli, palmarosa, petitgrain, rosemary, sandalwood, vetiver, ylang ylang oils
Flea and Tick Collar for Large Dog, Repels Fleas & Ticks, Natural Essential Oils, 8-Month Protection, Adjustable & Waterproof, for Dogs Over 18 lbs, 2 Packs
Price : $22.99 ($22.99 / Count)
- LONG-LASTING PROTECTION: Craveit flea and tick collars for large dogs are committed to preventing dogs from being injured by fleas and ticks. It provides continuous effective protection for dogs for 8-month.
- ALLERGY-FREE: The Dog Flea Collar can prevent and treat fleas infections, inhibit the growth of fleas, assist in the treatment and prevention of allergic dermatitis.
- UPGRADED NATURAL ESSENTIAL OIL FORMULA:Craveit’s dog flea collar all natural essential oils are stored within the collar and released in low concentrations over your dog’s hair and skin surface for 8 months. Craveit dog collars are effective, low-maintenance, long-lasting, easy to apply, economical, and a safe alternative rather than introducing chemicals to your pet.
- DURABLE,WATERPROOF AND ADJUSTABLE DESIGN: Our upgraded design adds waterproof design and an emergency breaking point that allows your cat to walk and play in the rain or wet snow without worrying about their Safety and the effectiveness of the collar.There are multiple nodes on the collar to ensure that it can be adjusted to the length that best fits your dog and is suitable for all types of dogs.
- CRAVEIT NATURAL FLEA COLLAR-We guarantee the quality of our collars. Once you are dissatisfied with our products for any reason, please do not hesitate to contact us immediately, we guarantee that we will refund you, without exception. Your supreme satisfaction, our endless motivation.
Neem Bliss – Pure Neem Oil for Plants – Organic Neem Oil Spray for Plants, 100% Cold Pressed Neem Oil – OMRI Listed Pure Neem Oil – All-Natural Neem Oil Concentrate Leaf Polish for Plants (16 Fl Oz)
Price : $21.99 ($1.37 / Fl Oz)
- 🌱【The PUREST Neem Oil on the Market!】- Plantonix Neem Bliss is freshly made from the fruit kernels of the neem plant, without the use of any heat or additives! The cold press process retains essential nutrients, ensuring you always get the best results for your garden, soil, or irrigation system!
- 🌻【Easy to Use for Many Applications!】- To use for plants, simply mix 1.5 teaspoons of Plantonix Neem Bliss per 1 quart of water. Then, add half a teaspoon of dish soap per 1 quart of water. Spray the diluted Neem Bliss on all leaf surfaces, and then reuse every 2-4 weeks for best results!
- 🌷【Highly Concentrated and Soluble!】- All Neem Bliss is heavily concentrated and made with zero additives, making it easy to reuse on farms, lawns, and indoor and outdoor gardens! The main active ingredient in Neem Bliss is azadirachtin, allowing it to be highly soluble and ideal for topical applications.
- 🌸【Safe for Organic Use!】- Our Neem Oil is listed by the Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI) as a certified organic product! Regular foliar application of Plantonix Neem Bliss will ensure your plants remain healthy from seed to harvest!
Cedarwood oil is an effective natural flea repellent. It works by irritating the fleas, causing them to leave your pet and go in search of a less irritating host.
In addition to being natural, this oil has antiseptic properties that help keep wounds clean and healthy. This helps prevent infections from developing when a flea bite breaks the skin.
Cedarwood oil is also used as an insecticide against many different insects, including mosquitoes, ants, cockroaches and bed bugs. The scent of cedarwood oil can also be used as a perfume substitute for those who dislike artificial fragrances but still want their clothing or linens to smell nice.